PDA

View Full Version : PBA backs Julio Robaina

04-18-2011, 12:55 AM
Rumors are flying that the PBA will endorse Julio Robaina.. (Liar, Thief, Communist, Loan Sharker) How does the Hialeah Police Officers feel about that. Due to the hate the PBA has for Gimenez would the PBA even support such a communist tyrant in spite of how he has treated Hialeah Police officers?? I am very curious..............

Mayor Julio Robainas actions are the same kind of flagrantly undemocratic "Tyrannical rule" used by military dictators to oppose any semblance of democratic opposition to their policies. While no one expects Mayor Julio Robaina will be rounding up dissidents any time soon, the fight in Hialeah is about crushing unions leaning towards communistic rule and how he may further his political career on the backs of the working class. The Mayor is attempting to wrestle from the hands of every citizen of the city of Hialeah, the right to a democratic process and “Democracy” itself.

His actions to date have declared an immediate end (with no projected restoration) to the founding principles of our democracy: that public officials may govern ONLY at the consent of the governed, AND NO MORE FREE SPEECH. I do believe that is communism…… It seems that it is “DO AS I SAY OR ELSE” He has surrounded himself in a manner that no other elected official will challenge him no matter how ethically and morally wrong his actions are.

There is no moral, philosophical, legal or practical justification for Mayor Julio Robainas claim that a "MAKE BELIEVE budget emergency" gives him the right or the power to order the suspension of democracy in his city. Those who support his radical agenda will argue that this is not what they intend, that they are merely trying to be "expedient" due to this imaginary shortfall which has been proved time and time again to be false. This is always the argument of statist profiteers who seek to centralize power; this was the argument of Italy's fascists.

The process which allows the people to govern their government is absolutely sacred in our democracy. There is no way for us to be the free society we claim to be, if that process does not remain sacred. The budgetary discomfort and long difficult days of work that some public officials might face are absolutely not a justification for eliminating the democratic process or establishing unilateral executive rule. The working class of this city shares no responsibility at all for the “MAKE BELIEVE” shortfalls. When power was transferred in 2005 the city was left with a surplus of 41 million dollars CASH ON HAND. Since that time taxes were raised twice, by Mayor Robaina, generating an additional 54 million in revenue and amazingly enough……… It is all gone….. This Mayor has continued to waste money on frivolous pet projects that do not necessarily benefit the taxpaying citizen but rather his corporate buddies and former business partners. 70 million dollars in reserves located in the Water Department and currently collecting a million a month due to illegal impositions of contracts SHOWS THERE IS NO FINANCIAL PROBLEMS HERE IN HIALEAH.

Mayor Julio Robainas actions are an insult to, and a viscous assault on the founding ideals of our democracy and a betrayal of everything the City of Hialeah is supposed to stand for. This power grab is one of the most egregious and unashamed we have seen in any legislation in our nation’s history, and a very real threat to the basic civil liberties of the people in this city.

Eric Johnson

04-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Genius,

Why don't you find out the truth befor you start posting stuff.

04-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Wouldn't that make Robaina a FASCIST?

04-18-2011, 04:56 PM
I did find out the facts and have lived them. FACE TO FACE.. I also have the courage to post with my real name...
I am no genius, but certainly a man with courage willing to stand up for what is fair and just.. You dont have to like it, but you should respect that fact.

04-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Slick, A lot of cops on this Dept. do respect you. Keep up the good fight and we hope our firefighter brothers and sisters get treated fairly in the future no matter who the Mayor is. When the employees win so do the citizens of this great city. If our union backs that criminal, at least half of us will drop them. We are all watching very closely.

04-18-2011, 11:05 PM
I have been quite on this forum for a long time, and this is for obvious reasons. Slick Johnson is a good man and a passionate and tireless representative of his membership. The fire fighters have taken on more than literal fires and have come out basically unscathed.

We on the other hand have taken a beating. I will start by saying that the beating is partially the fault of some the current reps to be more specific my fault. When we turned down the first contract offer which would have been earning us a 2% raise at this point, it was I and others who coordinated the no vote. That being said I would do it again. At the time just two weeks before that contract vote Mr. Robaina was on the airwaves on Spanish radio saying everything is fine in Hialeah. That contract had raises in it but it also had cuts in holidays and other benefits. Mind you it is better than what we have now, but do NOT EVER forget the mayor was saying everything was fine. In fact an editorial in the Miami Herald had come out praising the common sense approach Mr. Robaina had taken. We all know that this is baloney and no self-respecting worker would take a cut when management is painting such a rosy picture.

As for Slick's concerns that John Rivera is backing Mr. Robaina I will say that this is plainly not true. The PBA has told us they are staying neutral. So far this seems to be the case and do not foresee this changing.

Remember ladies and gentlemen that the PBA is not one man or a distant miracle working organization. The PBA is each and every one of us. If we are not willing to fight for each other or even ourselves then we deserve to be trampled on. If you are concerned of the direction in which we are going then please stand up. Slick Johnson is doing what every real leader should do. He spends countless hours and sacrifices much for the benefit of his membership.

To bring you up to date this is what the PBA has done for you:

They have filed suit against the ordinance change on the retirement multiplier.

They spent over $45,000 on an audit of the city finances in preparation for impasse mediation, as a note the mediator found on the side of the union in that mediation but the bobble head council wiped their hind parts with that third party recommendation.

They PBA have provided us the attorneys for all these negotiations and ensuing votes. There were 3 of them and each was extremely tenuous, time consuming and expensive.

On an individual basis the PBA has provided legal coverage for officers involved in a plethora of potentially job killing incidents (both real and conjured).

The PBA has spent their money and resources on us, but we have been absent, by-standards watching the steamrollers plow on us.

I hear many complaining what have the PBA done; the answer is nothing because we are the PBA and we have done nothing.

More fights are coming:

The commander/ major grievance is coming June 15. The city has delayed this grievance as much as they can out of fear of the inevitable decision to be rendered.

The mayor has resigned although he will be getting paid till May 23 he is effectively gone. Till November Council President Carlos Adan will be mayor. But come election time we the PBA will have to make a choice to we get in and back a horse in the race or do we stay on the sidelines and watch as we get steamrolled further. Start studying look into our options and make me and the other reps aware of your thoughts and desires.

Till then may the Real and One True God Bless You All.

Your loyal PBA Representative Officer Antonio Luis

04-19-2011, 03:43 AM
Eres temendo estupido Mighty Mouse :devil: Thanks to god dat ju eres are lider en di union fer us

04-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Well Just for an update: PBA cant publically endorse Julio Robaina for Mayor of Dade County... Just a hint before i start posting the info for the world to see.... PBA gives to the PACS that are helping Julito Roba-I-Nada..... Sooooo Uncool..... Maybe this is finally enough to have the Hialeah police up in arms and ready to drop the PBA if these actions continue...

04-29-2011, 12:41 AM
Mr Johnson, please share what i'm sure is public information. You've done your due diligence (hard work) to find the answers and connect the dots. Let everyone know the truth. Enough of the lying and hiding of things in Hialeah. As Julito says,.....transparency in government. I'm sure he'd want that. And I...Mr Magoo would even lend him my glasses.

Magoo :shock:

05-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Gimenez or Robaina, they both have a background and I don't really care about the past, we need a better future and I'm looking for a candidate that would work against the property tax hike and quality education, it's up to you!

05-22-2011, 07:31 PM
The information provided shows how too much power for any one individual is dangeous. (Julio Robaina). Mayor Robaina should be accountable for the budgets and where all the extra suplus money has gone. The Mayor of Hialeah should be accountable to someone. The problem in Hialeah that the council of Hialeah seems not to be able to make an independent decision. There must be a reason why!!!!!!

05-23-2011, 08:05 PM
I am voting for Luke. Enough with these backroom criminals. Luke knows who he is and has no problem saying it.
It really doesn't matter anymore because we, as civil servants, are being ostracized by the citizenry as the evil doers of the
payroll and pension systems. They are being told that it is because of our salaries and "perks" that the budgets are so out of control.
It can't be the "politicos" special needs stipends that are a drain on the economy. Or the backroom deals that are handed out to
the special interest groups for projects that are always costing millions more than they should.
Nope it is the Poor-lice and the Fire fighters that suffer. We, as well as our children's teachers, are the first to suffer the budget cuts. And we always will be.

05-25-2011, 03:30 AM
Run off!!!!

07-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Eres temendo estupido Mighty Mouse :devil: Thanks to god dat ju eres are lider en di union fer us
The only "Pato's" here are you morons who we actually trust to walk around with a gun and believe you are hot shit... You are all a bunch of pu**y's and have proved it over and over again... Don't know Luis but I've heard at least he has what you don't have BALLS! :lol: