PDA

View Full Version : OPD Questions

04-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Hey all, was interested in applying to OPD but wanted to know what everyone thought nowadays about the department. I saw previous posts back in 2008 and 2009 but figured since it being 2011 the department might have gotten a little better? Any incite?

04-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Pay is still low and the union has made decisions to take money from it's officers. A 12% deficit that will not be made up with negotiations.

As for the department itself it's not a bad place to work, as with anything there are a lot of things to make it better, but there are a lot of departments that are in much worse shape than we are, fiscally and morale wise. I've worked for the department for a long time and have seen better times, but I think the future holds great things for OPD. In 100% hindsight, I would go for a department that pays more, and has more opportunities to move around within the department.

If your working somewhere else and retiring to come here to work this may actually be the perfect place for you. The retirement is pretty good compared to other cities, and the working conditions aren't that bad at all. A lot is dropped into the lap of patrol, but that happens everywhere.

If your worth a shit and not trying to get phone numbers from girls you stop, lying on police reports or just have no integrity, then come on over all and all it's not a bad place to be.

04-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Do you still have a Mike Bruckler working there?

04-12-2011, 08:49 PM
No one with that last name

06-21-2011, 02:25 PM
You may be thinking of someone at Orlando PD. This is Ocala PD.