PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Your Agency from possible applicant

04-07-2011, 05:09 AM
I have a few questions about your agency if any of you would like to chime in!!!

1) Are you hiring, if so how many openings do you have?

2) Are you on 8, 10, or 12 hours shifts?

3) How is the retirement?

4) How is the staff (very progressive, very political, do they tie your hands or let you put criminals in jail)?

5) How is the pay, are you on a Step Pay Plan, is it frozen? Will they start you higher if you have experience/degree?

6) Do you have take home cars? If so can you use them off duty? When do you get them, day 1 or completion of FTO?
7) How is overtime or details? Are there any?

05-13-2011, 05:47 PM
I have a few questions about your agency if any of you would like to chime in!!!

1) Are you hiring, if so how many openings do you have?
Currently no open spots..maybe some retirees within the next yearish..(reserves slots are open i believe)

2) Are you on 8, 10, or 12 hours shifts?
12s with a 2 week rotation period.

3) How is the retirement?
Good setup.

4) How is the staff (very progressive, very political, do they tie your hands or let you put criminals in jail)?
We are mostly free to do as we please on the streets. They hired us because they trust us and always let you act as long as your not doing anything to comprise your position.

5) How is the pay, are you on a Step Pay Plan, is it frozen? Will they start you higher if you have experience/degree?
No raises for several years but starting is $40k

6) Do you have take home cars? If so can you use them off duty? When do you get them, day 1 or completion of FTO?
Take home cars upon completion of FTO. "off duty" use is only allowed for maintenance and going to a class/school or in house training/meeting.

7) How is overtime or details? Are there any?
We get a steady flow of details with occasional overtime shifts. The department is not super strict about running overtime on duty (no forcing you to go offduty or flex.)