PDA

View Full Version : Sgts Exam???

03-27-2011, 07:46 PM
What is up with this upcoming Sgt exam, are we going to get a chance to study or will we even get a chance to know what to study???

03-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Study??? no one did last time.

03-28-2011, 12:59 PM
The higher up you go, the worse you get treated.

04-14-2011, 02:11 PM
So I didnt realize that toilet cleaning time was put toward seniority and being able to take the Sgt's Exam. That girl has less than 5 years on the road and will not have 5 when test time comes. I doubt she will be taking it but where does the grey area stop for certain people?

04-14-2011, 02:39 PM
I thought to take the Sgt test you had to have 5 yrs experience in LEO with 3 of them with BPD?

04-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Members are eligible to participate in the Department’s promotional process and may be eligible for promotion after completing at least Five (5) consecutive years of Full-Time service (If a member had Five (5) consecutive years of service while previously employed by the City of Bradenton Police Department, he/she shall not be considered eligible. The service requirement must be compiled during the member’s current tenure with the City of Bradenton Police Department. The only exception would be a break in service due to Active-Duty Military Service) as a Sworn Bradenton Police Officer by the expiration date of the current promotional eligibility list. Specific requirements are in place to determine promotional eligibility for vacancies where lateral entry is permitted:[CFA 15.02 A, C]

04-14-2011, 07:51 PM
So I didnt realize that toilet cleaning time was put toward seniority and being able to take the Sgt's Exam. That girl has less than 5 years on the road and will not have 5 when test time comes. I doubt she will be taking it but where does the grey area stop for certain people?

Why don't you worry about yourself? FYI she became an Officer in 06.

04-14-2011, 07:55 PM
That my friend is great advice............ As long as I am treated fail and I am--- I should not worry about any other especially coming on this site and bad mouthing another brother or sister. We should not do that.

04-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Dont you mean "Sista"

04-15-2011, 01:51 AM
So now even if you don't have 5 years but you can justify why you should take it your in!!! That's BS and there will be lawsuit if some under 5 yr golden child who the Chief approves ends up getting it! So much for seniority matters around here!!! $$$$$$$$ Pay me Klem kind of money COB!!

04-15-2011, 01:54 AM
What does the CFA 15.02 mean at the end of that PGO?