PDA

View Full Version : THI

03-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Oh my god! You mean to tell me I can't make up my own shift with rotating weekends off and no midnight shift ever. Come on now, how are we THI cats going to work around all our off-duty? We usually just work whatever we want and now we will have a set schedule? Why?

And on top of all that we may have to increase our case load. Is this a joke? Am I dreaming?

I give up!

03-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Oh my god! You mean to tell me I can't make up my own shift with rotating weekends off and no midnight shift ever. Come on now, how are we THI cats going to work around all our off-duty? We usually just work whatever we want and now we will have a set schedule? Why?

And on top of all that we may have to increase our case load. Is this a joke? Am I dreaming?

I give up!

Let's hope a lot of the slug THI's do 'give up' and get assigned a permanent patrol zone and are "held to standards" for accountability. Love it.

03-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Haters

03-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Really? With all the uncertainty facing us as Troopers and State Employees, this is what you are concerned about? You have got to be kidding me! Get a life and don't concern yourself with other people. If you are envious of THI, then promote and you can do the same things. And I am not THI, just tired of the complaining about everything. It is ridiculous.

03-24-2011, 12:22 AM
Really? With all the uncertainty facing us as Troopers and State Employees, this is what you are concerned about? You have got to be kidding me! Get a life and don't concern yourself with other people. If you are envious of THI, then promote and you can do the same things. And I am not THI, just tired of the complaining about everything. It is ridiculous.

Yes, I agree. I am more concerned with our insurance and pensions.

03-24-2011, 07:13 PM
If you want to see a real surprise pull the THI off-duty employment hours. Compare their off-duty dates/times to the days when there were no THI working for road coverage. This happens all the time......... or used to when BP was paying all the off-duty in the panhandle and the THI people worked 32plus hours of it every single week while the road troopers got peanuts.

Funny how they weren't complaining then!

Good for you Colonel B. Put them to work!

06-26-2011, 12:22 AM
Anyone else in THI being told that there will be 1 cpl. On call for the entire troop?

06-26-2011, 12:58 AM
I used to hate on THI too. I used to think all they did was sit in the office to avoid getting out on the road. I used to think they had a cushy schedule and lax supervision. That was before I became one.

I now know they investment of time it requires, both on duty and off. I'm now aware of the stress that comes from handling death investigations. I know now that when you see THI's in a relaxed, fun environment at the station that they are only doing that to stay sane. For those who've never been in THI, you cannot understand the extra stress, the extra time, and the extra toll it takes on you. When you non THI's complain about supervisors nit-picking your reports and brass constantly looking over your shoulder, you have no idea.

So give us a little slack, okay? We don't come on here and complain about how FUBAR'd up the scene is when we get to your prelim, so bash us about our schedule, etc.

06-26-2011, 02:11 AM
99% of the troopers have no clue what it takes to work a death investigation, They think when they are done spending their eight hours typing just the crash report that the investigation all but wrapped up and done. Little to they know all the work and time that has to be done on an investigation. Then there are the families that refuse to accept their deceased loved one made a mistake and start coming up with conspiracy theories and writing their elected officials and yes even the governor complaining about the corporal because there is just no way their loved one would have ever been at fault in a fatal crash.

Then we have the families who think that an at fault driver who killed their loved one should be in jail that night yet they do not understand that when you charge and arrest someone you just started the clock to prosecute them and if just one piece of critical evidence is not ready you can lose the entire case.

Before you bash THI you really need to walk a mile in their shoes and that includes the colonel and the rest of the brass who are cutting THI to the bone. It won't be long before another fatal crash gets screwed up because of Colonel Brierton's short sightedness and you can bet that Brierton will blame the over worked corporal when in reality the real cause of the botched investigation will be FHP's insistence of completing reports within 30 days or 60 days or 90 days or what ever time limit Brierton comes up with in his new THI program. How do you put a time limit on a death?

Remember it was Colonel Brierton who was the captain in charge of the Troop L Broward THI investigation that went bad involving the FBI. Brierton was incompetent back then and he has just shown he learned nothing from that case as he is just as incompetent now.

06-26-2011, 03:30 AM
Well Said... Col. B. is Clueless!!! Between him and Gov. Scott, They will run FHP into the ground...

06-26-2011, 03:56 AM
I can see both sides of the coin. Some THI's work very hard and are known throughout the state as experts in their field. We have some THI's fielding calls from local agency THI's all the time for consultation, etc. However, there are times in my district when we had two troopers out for an area that in square mileage was larger than several of the smaller states. At this same time there would be 4 THI's on off-duty details. And, in 2010 in my district one of the THI's worked one case. One. There needed to be change in the THI system. Is it perfect? Of course not. But I think it's a step in the right direction.