PDA

View Full Version : How's That Cute New Officer Working Out?

03-18-2011, 07:22 PM
How's that cute officer working out that you guys hired to go to the academy? I heard she didn't do well and is now behind in somethings. She is barely big enough to carry a gun, Let alone what you guys carry. I bet someone REALLY liked her in your dept and I mean REALLY like her LOL. :devil:

03-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Shut up Troll!!!!!!!!

03-18-2011, 08:32 PM
Wow touchy aren't we being.......Sorry if your hitting that. :devil:

03-18-2011, 09:23 PM
I can promise you that there are NO cute girls in the academy.

03-18-2011, 10:36 PM
There was a cute girl that got hired on with SPD that got sponsored to go to the academy. Her academy class graduated already but she failed firearms. She is going to another academy now to retake that block. Like I said, She is barely big enough to carry the gun, let alone the gun you guys are carrying. She is also dumb like hell but the whole joke was, she wasn't hired based on her APTITUDE it was her "Blonde Bombshell Cute Girl" act that got her in and maybe a little more :devil:

03-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Please keep you pot-stirring, malcontent, cowardly, problem starting, back biting, back stabbing BS on your own agency's LEO Affairs dumping ground website. We have enough actual problems that we are trying to correct without another LEO taking shots at a recruit officer before she actually starts at our agency, if she passes firearms.

PS: Your post makes you sound like she shot you down for a date.

03-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Please keep you pot-stirring, malcontent, cowardly, problem starting, back biting, back stabbing BS on your own agency's LEO Affairs dumping ground website. We have enough actual problems that we are trying to correct without another LEO taking shots at a recruit officer before she actually starts at our agency, if she passes firearms.

PS: Your post makes you sound like she shot you down for a date.

I was just curious and pointing out a fact. Having someone like her in any agency is a real liability whether you want to admit it or not. She's not the brightest tool in the shed in many ways. I'm really surprised that your agency brought her on board. Then again, She even admitted she knew a few of you guys way BEFORE getting hired on. So....you tell me buddy :devil:

Also, She didn't shoot me down :snicker: . I have alot higher standards and prefer to be with someone that I can actually see without bending my neck all the way down. Secondly, She already got around with other guys while in training. Again....... :devil:

Stay safe Brother!!!!

03-19-2011, 10:06 PM
You're a complete idiot! By the way, alot is two words.

03-20-2011, 03:27 AM
You're a complete idiot! By the way, alot is two words.

Dude, Really if your hitting that then that's fine! It really is....I don't blame you. Instead of attacking my spelling, Work on your girls shooting and the way she talks. :snicker:

03-20-2011, 04:25 AM
Sounds like the rebirth of Fluffy, or was it Fluffie?

03-20-2011, 06:20 AM
Sounds like the rebirth of Fluffy, or was it Fluffie?

Like, Omg It could be like wow, Thats like such a cute name. Like I would totally name my dog that omg!!!!

03-21-2011, 12:55 AM
This has to be the most juvenile, infantile post I have ever seen on this thread. It seems like just when you think you have seen it all, someone sinks to a new low. So SPD hired a good looking female and she had issues with firearms nand was let go. So what??? What the hell do her looks have to do with anything?? Everytime a good looking female is hired by any agency in law enforcement, they are subjected to unscrupulous crap such as your assinine post. You really should be ashamed. For all you know she could have been an outstanding officer. But lets judge her by her looks and condemn her before she gets a fair shot. You are a ignorant idiot.

Now before you go off by saying that I obviously had some kind of relationship with this female, I have never spoken a word to her in my life and do not even know her name, but I think that everyone should be given a fair shake regardless of their looks, color, or any other superficial factor like that. So grow the hell up.

03-21-2011, 03:54 AM
This has to be the most juvenile, infantile post I have ever seen on this thread. It seems like just when you think you have seen it all, someone sinks to a new low. So SPD hired a good looking female and she had issues with firearms nand was let go. So what??? What the hell do her looks have to do with anything?? Everytime a good looking female is hired by any agency in law enforcement, they are subjected to unscrupulous crap such as your assinine post. You really should be ashamed. For all you know she could have been an outstanding officer. But lets judge her by her looks and condemn her before she gets a fair shot. You are a ignorant idiot.

Now before you go off by saying that I obviously had some kind of relationship with this female, I have never spoken a word to her in my life and do not even know her name, but I think that everyone should be given a fair shake regardless of their looks, color, or any other superficial factor like that. So grow the hell up.

I don't have a problem with females being in Law Enforcement, I even support it all the way. I don't care about their looks either, I care about if the person is intelligent enough and is able to hold her own if and when she becomes my back up. She was neither of those two my friend. I talked to her several times and just by her demeanor and how she conducted herself, I was shocked and a little scared that she was going to be in a position to protect lives. I'm sorry but she should be in another profession and not this one. The only reason why people around her liked her was because she was cute and had that "cute valley girl" personality. She had no business being in Law Enforcement and especially with an agency like yours.

Your right about thinking that everyone should be given a fair shake to do this job. However, that's in a perfect world not the real one. In the real world your judged the moment you walk for the first time into the door of an agency for an interview or as your first day on the job. Your constantly being judged in this job and factors like you said that shouldn't be considered are and for good reason. I'm not ignorant, Just a realist. Stay Safe out there!

04-20-2011, 05:39 AM
Guest number whatever is right. Come on people, Sarasota-Manatee area law enforcement is well know for its nepotism. There have been large articles in the newspapers about it. Anyone recall Balkwill's nephew? When I went through the academy only one guy was sponsored through by SPD and he had high up connections. No one else could even get an interview with the place. Every officer/deputy I have ever met in the Sarasota-Manatee area has had some connection and that was how they got hired. Granted I have not met everyone but I have met a good representative sample. All I am saying is one candidate could apply with advanced degrees, tons of high-speed training, and many years of experience but if the captain's son/nephew/wife/parakeet/etc. wants a job and they are 18, recent high school graduate, no work history, criminal record, they will get it over the other guy. And don't you dare say it doesn't happen. I have seen it first hand and so have a lot of other people currently on the job in Sarasota-Manatee agencies.

COPONE
04-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Guest number whatever is right. Come on people, Sarasota-Manatee area law enforcement is well know for its nepotism. There have been large articles in the newspapers about it. Anyone recall Balkwill's nephew? When I went through the academy only one guy was sponsored through by SPD and he had high up connections. No one else could even get an interview with the place. Every officer/deputy I have ever met in the Sarasota-Manatee area has had some connection and that was how they got hired. Granted I have not met everyone but I have met a good representative sample. All I am saying is one candidate could apply with advanced degrees, tons of high-speed training, and many years of experience but if the captain's son/nephew/wife/parakeet/etc. wants a job and they are 18, recent high school graduate, no work history, criminal record, they will get it over the other guy. And don't you dare say it doesn't happen. I have seen it first hand and so have a lot of other people currently on the job in Sarasota-Manatee agencies.

I can tell you that it does not happen at the SPD.....I know the people that sit on the video interviews, I myself have done it many times, and never ever has anyone said anything about who should pass and who fails. We don't even know who these people are related to.......and in addition, there has been many cases of relatives, sons, family members of city employees, etc. that have not been hired....and some that have who have been fired, or let go during field training. Also for that past several years, academy recruits have not been sponsored..they pay their own way and some may be hired before they have completed their academy class. However I have to say there has been some politically correct hires, and sponsored recruits...a few of which have been eventually fired.

04-20-2011, 05:22 PM

I can tell you that it does not happen at the SPD.....I know the people that sit on the video interviews, I myself have done it many times, and never ever has anyone said anything about who should pass and who fails. We don't even know who these people are related to.......and in addition, there has been many cases of relatives, sons, family members of city employees, etc. that have not been hired....and some that have who have been fired, or let go during field training. Also for that past several years, academy recruits have not been sponsored..they pay their own way and some may be hired before they have completed their academy class. However I have to say there has been some politically correct hires, and sponsored recruits...a few of which have been eventually fired.

Maybe things have changed for the better. I am more talking about my personal experience which was prior to 2004. You guys definitely sponsored people back then who had connections. It was not like the person I am thinking of had a great resume either. But I have always felt having a good resume did not matter in this area. I think this was before the video or maybe you guys just instituted that video thing. But I know of lots of people who applied and never heard a thing back. We were told back then you needed serious connections there to get a call back. Maybe I should reapply. Ya right, I know I still won't get hired.

04-20-2011, 06:35 PM
You are NUTS. My agency employs hundreds of Officers. Less than 3% of them have so called "connections". Many come from out of the area and know no one in the Agency, city, or even county.

If you didn't get hired, check your qualifications or test scores.

04-20-2011, 09:39 PM
You are NUTS. My agency employs hundreds of Officers. Less than 3% of them have so called "connections". Many come from out of the area and know no one in the Agency, city, or even county.

LOL! I was waiting for a response like this. First off, "hundreds"? I thought SPD had like 100 guys? The term "hundreds" implies you are like TPD or HCSO or something. Secondly, I am talking about almost 10 years ago now. I said maybe things have changed. Are you saying I am making this all up? Were you even on the force on the early 2000's? Finally, I love how law enforcement is such a pissing match and everyone thinks they are better than the next guy and if you don't work for MY agency then there MUST be something wrong with you.

I'll admit, I dropped an app into SPD circa 2002-2003. I never heard anything back. I was then told you need serious connections to get called back. So I moved on to a much larger department north of the Sarasota-Manatee area where I did well. Then I moved to a Federal agency where one needs way higher qualifications and test scores than little SPD. Test scores. LOL! You ever take the TEA Exam? You probably don't even know what it is. Sure it would have been nice to work in my hometown but I feel that I got better experience and training working elsewhere.

All I am saying is don't believe the line of "best qualified applicant." That is one of the biggest lies in law enforcement. Any LEO who has been around the block a few times will tell you that.

04-20-2011, 10:03 PM

LOL! I was waiting for a response like this. First off, "hundreds"? I thought SPD had like 100 guys? The term "hundreds" implies you are like TPD or HCSO or something. Secondly, I am talking about almost 10 years ago now. I said maybe things have changed. Are you saying I am making this all up? Were you even on the force on the early 2000's? Finally, I love how law enforcement is such a pissing match and everyone thinks they are better than the next guy and if you don't work for MY agency then there MUST be something wrong with you.

I'll admit, I dropped an app into SPD circa 2002-2003. I never heard anything back. I was then told you need serious connections to get called back. So I moved on to a much larger department north of the Sarasota-Manatee area where I did well. Then I moved to a Federal agency where one needs way higher qualifications and test scores than little SPD. Test scores. LOL! You ever take the TEA Exam? You probably don't even know what it is. Sure it would have been nice to work in my hometown but I feel that I got better experience and training working elsewhere.

All I am saying is don't believe the line of "best qualified applicant." That is one of the biggest lies in law enforcement. Any LEO who has been around the block a few times will tell you that.

I know a guy who applied to SPD while he was a detective with SSO. He never got an interview either. He also had a bachelor's degree from UF. Then he got hired by a federal agency. I think he is making around $130,000 plus the nice federal benefits. He is just a regular agent too. I don't think he is regretting not getting hired by SPD. However, SPD should maybe regret they let guys like him and the poster above get away.

04-20-2011, 11:22 PM
Most of the FEDS I have met can't tie their own shoes.

Nobody wants to take the Treasury Agent exam, except nerds, accountants, etc.

If you can't make it as a street cop, what good are you?

04-21-2011, 12:04 AM
Most of the FEDS I have met can't tie their own shoes.

Nobody wants to take the Treasury Agent exam, except nerds, accountants, etc.

If you can't make it as a street cop, what good are you?

So by your faulty logic since the guy left a street cop position that must mean he can't make it as one? LOL! Typical LEO logic. Let's blame people for trying to better themselves. LOL!

What you need to take away is if a small local agency is turning down guys and those said guys are quickly turning around and getting hired by other bigger departments or federal agencies than that small local agency needs to look at their hiring practices.

Bottom line is this buddy, how much do you make at SPD???

Let me break it down for you:

New agent-GS-7=$55,000
1 year on-GS-9=$65,000
2 years on-GS-11=$75,000 New FBI Agents-GS-10=$70,000
3 years on-GS-12=$85,000
4 years on-GS-13=$105,000

The above salaries a approximate and non-supervisory. Agents automatically go up to the next pay-grade. No test or anything is required. It is called, "time in grade."

I personally know a non-supervisory agent working in the State of Florida right now that makes around $135,000. His first line supervisor makes over $140,000.

If you don't believe me call up the duty agent at the FBI, ATF, Secret Service, etc, and ask him how much he makes. The number is in the front of the phonebook or google it.

Now how does SPD compare?

I'll be a nerd any day if you are going to pay me six figures. Beats pushing a cruiser for $45K a year and dealing with drunk people.

04-21-2011, 12:49 AM
Never been interested in being a FED, never will be.

04-21-2011, 03:08 AM
Talk about waste in Govt. We could solve our deficit problem by getting rid of a bunch of FEDS.

New agent-GS-7=$55,000
1 year on-GS-9=$65,000
2 years on-GS-11=$75,000 New FBI Agents-GS-10=$70,000
3 years on-GS-12=$85,000
4 years on-GS-13=$105,000

The above salaries a approximate and non-supervisory. Agents automatically go up to the next pay-grade. No test or anything is required. It is called, "time in grade."

I personally know a non-supervisory agent working in the State of Florida right now that makes around $135,000. His first line supervisor makes over $140,000.

Talk about underworked and overpaid!!!!

None of those idiots should make more than $50,000.00/yr.

Remember WACO?

04-21-2011, 07:15 PM
I thought this thread was about someone at the SSO complaining about some blonde recrui, with small hands, at SPD? What happened? How did we get into this saber rattling nonsence?