PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of PBA

03-06-2011, 03:38 AM
It's time to get rid of PBA...!!!!! They do nothing for the department. 2 years ago they gave investigation there clothing per-diem then said we will take care of patrol next year. Well next year comes and goes what did they do???? They took away $50 for your shoes (I knows it not much, but its something) and cut your comp. time for court from 3hrs to 2hrs... GEE THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! Now there's talk of doing away with all assignment pay and PBA is OK with it.. Who is PBA here for???? Not us..... In 2 years the contract is up.. It's time for a change.. Drop PBA and let's go with FOP... At leasts they will bring in someone from outside to do a bargaining for us without fear of being punished or being transfered.
DROP PBA .......................DROP PBA.......................DROP PBA...............

hey if I've misspelled or what not forgive me to all you english majors out there working at the department...

03-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Do you understand that if PBA goes away so does the current contract? ALL of it.... The "outside" team of negotiators gets to start from ZERO.
Boot allowance and an hour of comp time for court in exchange for an increase in your annual leave buy out. That seems pretty reasonable. There is always room for improvement, but in trying economic times it's often best to try and maintain the status quo.
Bottom line, you are an idiot, but hey bring in the FOP. Better yet let jimmy James head up the operation.

Oscar M. Weiner
03-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Do you understand that if PBA goes away so does the current contract? ALL of it.... The "outside" team of negotiators gets to start from ZERO.
Boot allowance and an hour of comp time for court in exchange for an increase in your annual leave buy out. That seems pretty reasonable. There is always room for improvement, but in trying economic times it's often best to try and maintain the status quo.
Bottom line, you are an idiot, but hey bring in the FOP. Better yet let jimmy James head up the operation.

I agree with you. Just talk to Santa Rosa and ask them what FOP has done for them.................nothing!

03-06-2011, 04:32 PM
There is a PBA meeting Tuesday at 7pm. If you want to make a difference, come get involved. Speak your opinion in person. Defend your point of view. Argue for what you believe in. If you want to be more involved, get on the board.

You have no room to complain if you don't do something to fix the situation.

03-06-2011, 09:09 PM
There is a PBA meeting Tuesday at 7pm. If you want to make a difference, come get involved. Speak your opinion in person. Defend your point of view. Argue for what you believe in. If you want to be more involved, get on the board.

You have no room to complain if you don't do something to fix the situation.
CIVIL SERVICE things were great until R.M J.P G. T decided to do it their way that got us in the mess today.

03-06-2011, 09:32 PM
PBA does nothing for us.... I've gone to meetings and guess what SSDD..... We have no voice... Deputies are the one that get the short end of the stick

03-06-2011, 10:00 PM
people have tried to involve their issues with the PBA, ask the two court security deputies that ran into a wall, and when did phillp nix get part of your due's? What does he get paid for?

03-06-2011, 10:17 PM
what good is more buy out for your annual leave if in 20-25yrs you make only $18 an hour???? We have MAY TO MANY supervisor... 1 supervisor to every 2.2-2.5 deputies... Most departments have a 1:4 or 1:5 ratio not us... A new deputy after a year will make from .50 cents to .75 cents less then a 5-10year deputy...PBA doesn't even try to fight for a raise for us....I know the county comm. don't help but PBA is suppose to be here for us..that's what we pay them for...And after 10yrs of them I've seen no change..And just because PBA has been here, why should we stay with them..? It hasn't work for a long time.. FOP would have to start from scratch...and we are not Santa Rosa... It's time for a change if not now then when??????

03-07-2011, 12:40 AM
Dear ???????
Please don't go to the PBA meeting and don't get on the board. Your thought process is just too stupid. You are one of the few with the mentality of lay everyone else off so I can get a raise and my boot allowance back. If you are upset over losing a boot allowance if FOP were to come in you would lose everything. Please go back under the rock you apparently just crawled out from.

03-07-2011, 02:12 AM
The PBA is scared of the administration. Say what you will but you know its true.

03-07-2011, 02:58 AM
The PBA is not an animate object. It cant be scared of the administration. The PBA is made of board members, and I don't know any of them that are scared of the administration. They are not, however, miracle workers. They cant force the admin to give pay raises. Work as a team.

03-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Question: How can we get rid of the PBA?

03-07-2011, 06:12 PM
1ST off we need more people to drop PBA and go with FOP.. In 2 yrs the contract is up and with that FOP could go and be the bargaining unit. The more mambers with FOP and less with PBA then it could happen but it needs to start now..FOP offers legal help as well counsel.FOP would offer everything that PBA says they do... FOP also has more members nation wide then PBA. It's time to start over because what we have isn't working...

03-07-2011, 09:30 PM
1ST off we need more people to drop PBA and go with FOP.. In 2 yrs the contract is up and with that FOP could go and be the bargaining unit. The more mambers with FOP and less with PBA then it could happen but it needs to start now..FOP offers legal help as well counsel.FOP would offer everything that PBA says they do... FOP also has more members nation wide then PBA. It's time to start over because what we have isn't working...

Unions work when MANAGEMENT want them to work. Instead of changing unions, why not change the management?

03-08-2011, 01:24 AM
I hate to confuse your argument with facts... but assignment pay isnt gone. Was in my check on Friday. And if you look at other agencies in the area... Mobile, Panama City, Tallahassee, even agencies further south, (Tampa, Orlando) they all give extra pay to those in special assignments. it is not only an incentive to attract quality officers to those positions, it is compensation for extra time, effort, and risk taken on by performing those jobs.

MOD 640
03-08-2011, 05:17 AM
Multiple post deleted due to terms of use violations. Specifically the use of names, and then slaming those persons named. Please feel free to argue the merits of the PBA without naming and slaming individuals. Your arguements can be made without violating the terms of use.

Oscar M. Weiner
03-08-2011, 02:34 PM
I hate to confuse your argument with facts... but assignment pay isnt gone. Was in my check on Friday. And if you look at other agencies in the area... Mobile, Panama City, Tallahassee, even agencies further south, (Tampa, Orlando) they all give extra pay to those in special assignments. it is not only an incentive to attract quality officers to those positions, it is compensation for extra time, effort, and risk taken on by performing those jobs.

Attract qualified officers? Extra time, effort and risk? I think I almost threw up!!!! Come off your high horse for a minute and re-read what you posted. You almost make it seem like we should kneel when you walk by us meager patrol guys!

03-09-2011, 11:20 PM

Attract qualified officers? Extra time, effort and risk? I think I almost threw up!!!! Come off your high horse for a minute and re-read what you posted. You almost make it seem like we should kneel when you walk by us meager patrol guys!

Every thing you post on this site has to do with you sucking on the sheriff's loin. You must have been a seamen in the navy. I know who you were. I smelled it on your breath yesterday as you walked by.

03-10-2011, 03:49 AM
FOP will not bring people in from the outside to negotiate your contract. FOP has not done anything for us over here. Our reps are deputies from our agency. Just some food for thought.