PDA

View Full Version : layoffs? merger? pink slips?

02-24-2011, 03:32 AM
OK, so I saw what happen at the board meeting tonight, and we were brought up. They mentioned our funding, and voiced concerns about consolidating. Are layoffs possible or is the PD just shrinking down to a manageable size? If they want to save money why doesnt the PBA offer a merger to save money? Or atleast request an inquiry about how much it can cost the SO to take over. This is worth looking into if walking papers are in our future. If this is something the department wants to see I would suggest contacting the PBA or your reps. It can not hurt to tell the board members "listen look into a merger and see if you can save the district money". Better than losing our jobs.....

03-07-2011, 11:05 PM
I agree. I will mention it to OUR reps. I am sure they will back us if its what we want. I am sure it is worth looking into.......since the District is looking to save money. Lets call our reps and suggest a merger and propose it as a money saver to the Board then. Or suggest to get a quote from PBSO at the least to see what they can do it for... ?

04-06-2011, 02:18 PM
I read in the paper today about a merger with PBSO. They have been talking about this on and off for years. Now its budget time its on the table again. To cut the budget in our department, we need to get back to basic. There are around 1/3 of our officers not working in schools. With 2 schools with no officers, or part time officers, whats that all about. We make more units and less Officer in schools.

04-07-2011, 12:21 AM
I read in the paper today about a merger with PBSO. They have been talking about this on and off for years. Now its budget time its on the table again. To cut the budget in our department, we need to get back to basic. There are around 1/3 of our officers not working in schools. With 2 schools with no officers, or part time officers, whats that all about. We make more units and less Officer in schools.

You had the same opportunities as everyone else in this agency. By your composition it is very apparent that you have limited education. Members of specialized units have a higher risk of liability, and when confronted with the judicial system, must have a high level of education or experience, or a combination of both. The more complex a court case is, the greater chance you will be challenged by a judicial system loaded with education. By the review of your current reporting, you have neither. You should be grateful with the competence you display in your writing that you have a job in Law Enforcement. If you need assistance with the composition of your PBSO application, look me up, I’m Webster in the book, I would be glad to help you leave, it is just one more moron I won’t have to protect.

04-19-2011, 03:02 AM
Ahh Yes, How I longed for thee. The green dream had been revived and the uneducated cop has awaken from their slumber. As you may imagine I am one bad mothafactchecker so shall we begin by reviewing what is fact and what is fiction.

Fiction: The PBSO will welcome all of us with open arms
Fact: Close to 50% of the current membership will be encouraged to retire because they will be notified of the PBSO's decision not to pick them up. Some will be because of their tainted past that the Fool Police overlooked in their desperation to hire a warm body; the other because of their health history.

Fiction: Take home cars, work schedule remains the same, every school police officer will remain at their schools.
Fact: You will not get a take home car, your work schedule, to include our daily hours and schedule time off, will be changed to comply with the rest of the SO's protocol. As for remaining at our schools, think again you idiots, every Deputy with over twenty years LEO experience who is in DROP will be seeking your spot, and they will be successful in their request to replace you. Okay my bad, I should not have called you an idiot, and for my transgression I submit to you my apology. For I realize that it is not your fault, but it is the fault of the TWO STOOGES who think that they are PBA representatives and the third, well he's just a misguided soul who lost his way enroute to grandmas house. Why are they not being truthful and informing the rank and file as to what is really going on. You know why they have not done so? Because they are truly idiots, stupid motherlucking idiots in deed. Tell Me , Larry and Curly, what are your credentials, other than being picked by the ignorant, undereducated cop, to represent us. Really!!! What continuing education course have either one of you taken that gives you the negotiating skills or know how to speak for us in front of seasoned professionals? And Bambi, I know you have none, I know you are just spitting into the wind trying to fit in but you have chosen the wrong fight my friend. Back to the moral of the thread.

Fact: The PBA has not told you the truth because they are not saavy enough nor intelligent enough to see this.
Fiction: Your PBA reps will become smarter. Trust me this will never happen. If you don't believe me fine, dont take my word for it. Just ask them to write an articulate response to my thread. They wont because they cant.

04-22-2011, 09:55 PM
Well folks I'm not going to say it but you know I did. My only question I ask of thee is why have thou not listened? There is a reason why I am one bad mothafactchecker, and that is because I only seek and speak the truth. Let's review the fact from fiction shall we.
FACT: The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is NOT going to merge, usurp, invite into its ranks, or whatever you want to think they will do for you, the School Police.

FACT: The people who represent the rank and file membership of the school police who are PBA members has once again led you astray into thinking that a merge was a possibility. Ladies and Gentleman can we please stop with the Going Green Bullspit, enough already. It is sincerly not going to happen and it has nothing to do with the Chief, actually the Chief is powerless to stop such an action if it were to happen. What is very important right now is that the PBA has lead you to believe that what you or they say in regards to a merger counts. The bottom line is that no one cares if the school police members want to go to the Sheriff's Office; the only way you will get there is if you apply for a job and go through the hiring process. Listen to me when I tell you, Rick Bradshaw DOES NOT WANT THE SCHOOL POLICE DEPARTMENT.

FACT: School District Police made themselves look like incompetent idiots once again. Shame on you PBA respresentatives for thinking that you had no responsibility to the memberships that elected you, to inform them of what your intentions were or what direction you decided to take. Worse yet, you did not have a viable or realistic plan to address the real needs of this department. You idiots are not part of the solution, you are the problem. We need to get rid of you and the rest of the ignorant dead wood that afflicts this department. This to include the Command Staff that perpetuates incompetence and is the root cause of low moral in this department.

Fact: HR needs to retire. His total incompetence is an embarassment to this department. My suggestion to you HR if you want to speak for people learn to speak, period!
AL, you should be happy that you are still employed. Forget trying to trick people in thinking that you are smart; are you forgetting that we know who you are?
KO, WTF!!! Get a grip my man, you are defining what the meaning of an angry Irishman is. The way you're going you are definitely the IRe in Ireland.
Gentlemen, honestly you are out of your league. Step down now before you cause any further damage to this department. Is it not enough that you have irreparably damaged yourselves?
Before I go, I must ask one more thing. Bambi was it worth it guzzling Gauger's gunk ?

04-24-2011, 02:00 PM
In hard economic times you must make sure your decisions are educated and without malice. The school district is looking at massive layoffs and budget cuts, I can’t think of a better way to get cut than to tell someone you don’t want to be here.

I am still very cautious of the PBA, when comments are made, “Bradshaw pulled you off the table” “West Palm Beach is his priority”. You have to keep in mind the economic state of the whole county, the sheriff to date is protecting his own from layoffs, and severe budget cuts. They are very under staffed. Some PBA members want to hurry our decisions for personal gain, to be what they were unable to be. I am cautious, as I know what a political mess was made last time we followed the PBA leadership, the circus wagon was a disaster, made us look foolish to our supporters.

The second problem I have is going to politicians with an agenda that has not been reviewed by a political action committee, or PBA membership, this can be dangerous. History has shown us some of our PBA representatives led the charge to go “Green” and to have a vote of “No Confidence”, got promoted to management, a true gift as they did not meet the minimal qualifications. These same PBA representatives have contributed to the low morale of this agency by their mere stupidity.

The Chief during the recorded budget hearing did produce some disturbing verbiage, but when listened to in it’s totality, appears to be a strategy to avoid job cuts or layoffs.

Canceling the Sheriff from attending the budget meeting was a huge mistake. This mistake can only be compared to giving your x-wife a phony court date to her own alimony hearing.

Our agency biggest problem is morale, we know that economic gain during this recession will be difficult, we do have great people who do an outstanding job, the Chief only has 3 morons in his management team left, I think it is time to walk as a majority over this thin ice, let the morons fall as they do not have the skills to swim, if the Chief saves them and pulls them back into his boat, it will sink. When the majority makes it across the ice, whatever happens will be the best for the majority, we need to support what is right for all.

There has been a lot of talk about going FOP, now is not the time. We owe our elected PBA members a chance, I have witnessed some improvements, but again history makes me very cautious.

04-25-2011, 12:10 AM
Why do I come on here? Its a good laugh, thats about it. See you Deputys on the other side.

04-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Definition of HYPOCRITE

: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
— hypocrite adjective

During the PBA meeting it was brought up that the Chief appoints the rank of Sgt.,Detective,and Commander without a test. As the author of this post I totally agree, to obtain the most qualified candidates a test should be administered. I am requesting any PBA member who receives a supplement for ERT, and did not pass the ERT test, resign immediately, that money could help subsidize a testing system.

04-26-2011, 01:25 AM
Ustedes son montaneses tonto y estupido. Ademas de que todos ustedes son ignorantes. Usted es una creacion de su fallecimiento. El Sheriff no necesita mas tontos. El tiene lo suficiente de su propio que debe tratar. :devil:

04-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Well folks I'm not going to say it but you know I did. My only question I ask of thee is why have thou not listened? There is a reason why I am one bad mothafactchecker, and that is because I only seek and speak the truth. Let's review the fact from fiction shall we.
FACT: The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is NOT going to merge, usurp, invite into its ranks, or whatever you want to think they will do for you, the School Police.

FACT: The people who represent the rank and file membership of the school police who are PBA members has once again led you astray into thinking that a merge was a possibility. Ladies and Gentleman can we please stop with the Going Green Bullspit, enough already. It is sincerly not going to happen and it has nothing to do with the Chief, actually the Chief is powerless to stop such an action if it were to happen. What is very important right now is that the PBA has lead you to believe that what you or they say in regards to a merger counts. The bottom line is that no one cares if the school police members want to go to the Sheriff's Office; the only way you will get there is if you apply for a job and go through the hiring process. Listen to me when I tell you, Rick Bradshaw DOES NOT WANT THE SCHOOL POLICE DEPARTMENT.

FACT: School District Police made themselves look like incompetent idiots once again. Shame on you PBA respresentatives for thinking that you had no responsibility to the memberships that elected you, to inform them of what your intentions were or what direction you decided to take. Worse yet, you did not have a viable or realistic plan to address the real needs of this department. You idiots are not part of the solution, you are the problem. We need to get rid of you and the rest of the ignorant dead wood that afflicts this department. This to include the Command Staff that perpetuates incompetence and is the root cause of low moral in this department.

Fact: HR needs to retire. His total incompetence is an embarassment to this department. My suggestion to you HR if you want to speak for people learn to speak, period!
AL, you should be happy that you are still employed. Forget trying to trick people in thinking that you are smart; are you forgetting that we know who you are?
KO, WTF!!! Get a grip my man, you are defining what the meaning of an angry Irishman is. The way you're going you are definitely the IRe in Ireland.
Gentlemen, honestly you are out of your league. Step down now before you cause any further damage to this department. Is it not enough that you have irreparably damaged yourselves?
Before I go, I must ask one more thing. Bambi was it worth it guzzling Gauger's gunk ?

Dear Mothafactchecker

Why don’t you stop beating around the bush and let us know what you really think. You are the dead wood that they speak of. Driving around in that cab acting like your doing some good. You are only kidding yourself…

04-27-2011, 03:36 AM

Dear Mothafactchecker

Why don’t you stop beating around the bush and let us know what you really think. You are the dead wood that they speak of. Driving around in that cab acting like your doing some good. You are only kidding yourself…
Estimado cliente de la madera muerta unico que se es lo que sus gags esposa mientras estas en al trabajo.

04-27-2011, 03:52 AM
To the idiot that replied to Mothafactchecker's post, are you incompetent. Wait a minute of course you are, why else would you have wrote that stupid response. Maybe you should read the blog again simpleton, I think mothafactchecker was straight to the point. But I understand your frustration you Sheriff wannabe. You are upset that you WON'T be going to the Sheriff's Office. Well that's just the way it goes you semen sampling sack of of excrement. Hey I have a thought for you,since you are so unhappy being a SRO in a screwed up department, why don't you resign and go work elsewhere.

04-28-2011, 12:29 AM

Dear Mothafactchecker

When you get some courage, please tell him to his face, trust me it will be fun being fed with a straw for the rest of your life.

04-28-2011, 04:43 AM
Now, Now, my incompetent deputy sheriff wannabes, notice I did not capitalize the words deputy sheriff, that's because it represents the chances of a merger, small to...... oh wait that was last week. This week it's ZERO, nil, nada, no tengo, not happening. Gotta love that PBA, lying to the fools at school police once again.Hey you three stooges, why so quiet? The men and women of the department are waiting for an explanation of your actions. You owe them the courtesy of at least a half hearted attempt at explaining why you LIED to the again. The problem with it this time around is that we can't blame the old guard for lying to us. Unless you count HR as part of the old regime, that shriveled up dried out prune who couldn't pass the SRT test so they threw him a bone an dkept him on anyway. Hey dude how are you enjoying that supplement you didn't earn? Anyhow back to the matter, forgive me for digressing, ahh yes the apology. It is incumbent upon each one the representatives, I'm sorry did I use a big word that you don't understand? Okay the onus is upon you, no not anus, that's what you are silly; onus as in your responsibility to the men and women of this department to explain your ignorance and why you chose to embarrass us. Now to the sensible people who read this rag for the entertainment value that it provides, seriously my fellow school police officers, it is time to thoroughly consider what the future holds for yourself and everyone in tis department. It is obvious that we are not going anywhere no time soon. Well you could go somewhere if you are resigning, but if you are not, the time is upon us to seriously consider the direction of travel for the Palm Beach County School District Police Department. For those of us that want to stay here it is time to start fixing what needs to be fixing in order to make this department respectable. For our disgruntled bretheren, you must leave, there is no room at the inn for you and we now know who you are. For years you have been causing trouble and hiding behind the others but now you have exposed yourselves. It is time to stop the immature bullshit, yes this department is not where it should be but we can get it there. But we cannot make the trip with ignorant,disgruntled, and self deprecating individuals such as yourslef. I'm sorry, did I use a big word again? I promise that's the last one, scout's honor. Because of the time, check out the hour of this post, I must go to bed and fondle my nutsack, I will leave you with this thought. You think that you know me but you don't. You wish you can but you won't. Say what you want, I really don't care. When it comes down to it, it is I you fear.

04-29-2011, 11:03 PM
The content below is reposted without the permission of the writer. I took the liberty of reposting it here so those of you who didn't receive the original e-mail can read what was written. I don't agree with all of it but there are many good points made. The writer no longer has a voice since he has been removed as our alternate representative and then bannished from our "benevolent association" for speaking out and stating his opinion. So much for brotherhood. So much for our oath of office to uphold the rights for all to speak their mind. Seems alot of the complaints being voiced are about the School Board, the Superintendant, the Chief, the command staff not listening to the officers, responding to their concerns, dismissing their opinions - isn't that exactly what they did to our brother. If he can be silenced so can you. Is your voice being heard? Is your position being adequately represented by our elected leadership? ****ing hypocrites!!

Now let us understand. Why is the PBA President (who works for the sheriff’s office) so interested in the Sheriff taking over police services for the Palm Beach County School District?
• Perhaps because we are young in our twenties rookie police officers who can run down a bank robbers.
1. Not, most of us will have heart attacks.
• Perhaps we can improve the Operations of the Sheriff’s office.
1. Not
• Perhaps the sheriff’s office is in need of more deputies.
1. Not, maybe their dealing with budget short fall as well and will lay off deputies.
Got a great Idea!
• Say, for instance, we are absorbed by the Sheriff’s Office.
1. Their banking on the fact and have already been told by a few school police officers having sweet dreams at night about wearing a star, that most of us will quit.
2. Therefore any deputies the Sheriff already planned to lay-off will keep their jobs and replace us after most of us quit during a merger.
• He will not have to beg the county for money to keep deputies employed, because most of us will have quit and the School District will blindly fund his deputies’ employment and other bill that office hasn’t paid yet, hypothetically speaking.
• Oh wait a minute . . . take a deep breath . . . now let it out. Say for instance we are absorbed by the Sheriff’s Office (Have our reps gone crazy?).
1. Ya gotta go back out on road patrol
? Therefore you will need an FTO
2. The FTO most likely will fail you.
? When the PBSO FTO fails you (surely), you will not have a Job.
3. More Jobs for the deputies that eventually would have been scheduled to be laid off.
Something else just popped in my mind. Mmmmmmmmmmm! Why are our PBA reps so interested in going to the Sheriffs’ Office? Particularly, that one who hasn’t been employed with our department that long and that other one who wants to join their swat team.
1. Perhaps, they’ve been promised something!
o Probably promised our reps a position that won’t cause them a heart attack.
Okay okay, something else just popped in my mind.
• Perhaps now just perhaps the PBA President of Palm Beach County (the one that works for the Sheriff) knows that . . . close your eyes school police officers (before you lose your jobs), the PBA President knows that the school board is a special taxing district. Bingo, like a detective solving a mystery.
o The School Board of Palm Beach County has the power to set its own budget and tax payers must pay it.
? So if the Sheriff’s says I need 15, 20, or 25 million from the School Board, the school board will add it to its budget and make the tax payer pay for it and then transfer the funds to the Sheriff’s office.
? By now school police officers, except the reps and a few others, will be working at Publix, Disney world, or sitting at a housing complex security booth wondering, “Why did I listen to them dam reps and that President.”
Okay, I hope you all get the message. Don’t allow these people to lead you who don’t have enough guts to just resign and apply for the sheriff’s office.
• If that office wants a school police officer to work for it, you’d be there by now. But you’re not.
• Because that office wants access to the School Boards’money and finally school police officers replaced with their current deputies (not deputized school police officers)
• Okay okay one more thing, if we get a raise from being merged, the school board will have to fund the raise, so let’s just work on getting a raise in the future and keep our dam jobs.

04-29-2011, 11:03 PM
The content below is reposted without the permission of the writer. I took the liberty of reposting it here so those of you who didn't receive the original e-mail can read what was written. I don't agree with all of it but there are many good points made. The writer no longer has a voice since he has been removed as our alternate representative and then bannished from our "benevolent association" for speaking out and stating his opinion. So much for brotherhood. So much for our oath of office to uphold the rights for all to speak their mind. Seems alot of the complaints being voiced are about the School Board, the Superintendant, the Chief, the command staff not listening to the officers, responding to their concerns, dismissing their opinions - isn't that exactly what they did to our brother. If he can be silenced so can you. Is your voice being heard? Is your position being adequately represented by our elected leadership? ****ing hypocrites!!

Now let us understand. Why is the PBA President (who works for the sheriff’s office) so interested in the Sheriff taking over police services for the Palm Beach County School District?
• Perhaps because we are young in our twenties rookie police officers who can run down a bank robbers.
1. Not, most of us will have heart attacks.
• Perhaps we can improve the Operations of the Sheriff’s office.
1. Not
• Perhaps the sheriff’s office is in need of more deputies.
1. Not, maybe their dealing with budget short fall as well and will lay off deputies.
Got a great Idea!
• Say, for instance, we are absorbed by the Sheriff’s Office.
1. Their banking on the fact and have already been told by a few school police officers having sweet dreams at night about wearing a star, that most of us will quit.
2. Therefore any deputies the Sheriff already planned to lay-off will keep their jobs and replace us after most of us quit during a merger.
• He will not have to beg the county for money to keep deputies employed, because most of us will have quit and the School District will blindly fund his deputies’ employment and other bill that office hasn’t paid yet, hypothetically speaking.
• Oh wait a minute . . . take a deep breath . . . now let it out. Say for instance we are absorbed by the Sheriff’s Office (Have our reps gone crazy?).
1. Ya gotta go back out on road patrol
? Therefore you will need an FTO
2. The FTO most likely will fail you.
? When the PBSO FTO fails you (surely), you will not have a Job.
3. More Jobs for the deputies that eventually would have been scheduled to be laid off.
Something else just popped in my mind. Mmmmmmmmmmm! Why are our PBA reps so interested in going to the Sheriffs’ Office? Particularly, that one who hasn’t been employed with our department that long and that other one who wants to join their swat team.
1. Perhaps, they’ve been promised something!
o Probably promised our reps a position that won’t cause them a heart attack.
Okay okay, something else just popped in my mind.
• Perhaps now just perhaps the PBA President of Palm Beach County (the one that works for the Sheriff) knows that . . . close your eyes school police officers (before you lose your jobs), the PBA President knows that the school board is a special taxing district. Bingo, like a detective solving a mystery.
o The School Board of Palm Beach County has the power to set its own budget and tax payers must pay it.
? So if the Sheriff’s says I need 15, 20, or 25 million from the School Board, the school board will add it to its budget and make the tax payer pay for it and then transfer the funds to the Sheriff’s office.
? By now school police officers, except the reps and a few others, will be working at Publix, Disney world, or sitting at a housing complex security booth wondering, “Why did I listen to them dam reps and that President.”
Okay, I hope you all get the message. Don’t allow these people to lead you who don’t have enough guts to just resign and apply for the sheriff’s office.
• If that office wants a school police officer to work for it, you’d be there by now. But you’re not.
• Because that office wants access to the School Boards’money and finally school police officers replaced with their current deputies (not deputized school police officers)
• Okay okay one more thing, if we get a raise from being merged, the school board will have to fund the raise, so let’s just work on getting a raise in the future and keep our dam jobs.

05-03-2011, 12:41 AM

You gotta feel like a pretty big **** right about now, almost as bad as when you found out your parents were brother and sister. Don't worry though, you can use that as an excuse to help people understand why your IQ is equal to your tooth count.

05-09-2011, 11:18 PM

You gotta feel like a pretty big **** right about now, almost as bad as when you found out your parents were brother and sister. Don't worry though, you can use that as an excuse to help people understand why your IQ is equal to your tooth count.

I seen the story on the news this evening,nice job,hopefully you made the blind see, and they will save our jobs!

05-10-2011, 01:36 AM
I am not a fan of the Yellow Cab Company! Not in any way. However, I am man enough to say "Good Job", because that what it was....good police work.

05-10-2011, 11:11 PM
The only reason you're not a fan of the Cab Company is because they won't let you play in their team... They only want competent people and obviously you don't have the qualifications.

If you got a problem with this post you can call 561-689-2222

05-11-2011, 03:02 AM
No that was not the cab driver. It's not his style. Nice try in attempting to stir the pot. No takers here.

05-19-2011, 01:17 AM
I heard today on the news that some of the teacher were offered a raise, but the CTA refused on the grounds that all teachers should get a raise. Also heard that the teacher will get raises over the next two years totaling over 32 millions dollars. Please tell me that the news report I heard got something wrong. To our PBA reps...were the teachers offered any type of raise while police officers and other district employees are getting laid off????? Are the 14 officers we will be losing going to be so teachers can get a raise? Can the PBA look into this? Whats about next budget year? Do we lose another 14, 20 or 30 cops so teachers can get another raise. I am sure the another 1200 district employees would gladly give up thier jobs so our hard working under paid teacher can get a raise. I am sure the 1200 employees will be the ones at the DAC making more than teachers......NO it will be employees that will never make what a starting teacher makes. After all "the teachers are the dog that wags the tail" now where have a heard that before. Well hell just cut off the damn tail and we can give the teachers bonus to go with their raise. For you employees in the district that say "not the teachers in my school" those are the teachers whose union said "we do not care how many people get laid off as long as teachers get a raise." I hope the news report was wrong about the raise, becuase I would hate to loss my job, income and my house so a teacher can get an extra few dollars in their paycheck.

05-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Sounds like they have a good Union, many of our officers have wives or family members that are teachers, good for them, don't be a hater.

I heard today on the news that some of the teacher were offered a raise, but the CTA refused on the grounds that all teachers should get a raise. Also heard that the teacher will get raises over the next two years totaling over 32 millions dollars. Please tell me that the news report I heard got something wrong. To our PBA reps...were the teachers offered any type of raise while police officers and other district employees are getting laid off????? Are the 14 officers we will be losing going to be so teachers can get a raise? Can the PBA look into this? Whats about next budget year? Do we lose another 14, 20 or 30 cops so teachers can get another raise. I am sure the another 1200 district employees would gladly give up thier jobs so our hard working under paid teacher can get a raise. I am sure the 1200 employees will be the ones at the DAC making more than teachers......NO it will be employees that will never make what a starting teacher makes. After all "the teachers are the dog that wags the tail" now where have a heard that before. Well hell just cut off the darn tail and we can give the teachers bonus to go with their raise. For you employees in the district that say "not the teachers in my school" those are the teachers whose union said "we do not care how many people get laid off as long as teachers get a raise." I hope the news report was wrong about the raise, becuase I would hate to loss my job, income and my house so a teacher can get an extra few dollars in their paycheck.

05-19-2011, 04:48 PM
[quote="Truth Hurts"]Sounds like they have a good Union, many of our officers have wives or family members that are teachers, good for them, don't be a hater.

It is not that their union is any better than other, but it has more members and there for a bigger voice. I am not being a hater. Why should anyone get a raise when people are being laid off? It is not being a hater to ask that question.
"Many of our officers have wives of family members that are teachers." So are any of the officers who have wife and family members that are teacher willing to give up their jobs so their wife can get a raise….I would think not. Go up to one of those 14 fellow officers and tell them thanks, because my wife and family member is going to get a raise….sorry about your bad luck.
I do not understand how there can be money for some as others are laid off. Ok so you "wife" of "family member" gets a 5% raise, but the cost of that is another officer going home and telling his wife and kids that there will be no paycheck next week and that they are now financially ruined. Not all of us have pensions to fall back on or a spouse making good money or that will get a raise. For some of us all our family has is this job and the income it provides. Not hating on the people with pensions, because they earned them. Some of us are not old enough to have earned a pension. I was just making that statement to show that a lot of district employee and our officer only have the pay check from the District. A lot of married couples work for the district.
What if both of you get laid off so a teacher can get a raise…how and the hell to go home and tell your children that.
I do not understand how there can be money for raises, but no enough to keep some or all of the employees getting laid off. I make more money than some and less than others, but I will be damned if I would want or ask for a raise on the back of other families being financially destroyed…especially if that family is another cops.
Just ask yourself who will the 14 officers next year? Things are not going to get financially better anytime soon. TRUTH HURTS I hope it is not you. The only TRUTH is that some families will get a small boost in pay at the cost of other families being left in ruins including 14 of ours.

05-28-2011, 01:39 PM
I am not a fan of the Yellow Cab Company! Not in any way. However, I am man enough to say "Good Job", because that what it was....good police work.
If you like the cab driver or not, you do have to admit he stands up for what is right. He definitely has a knack to put things together around here when they are broke.