PDA

View Full Version : MPD veteran QR Aukamp passes on R.I.P.

02-07-2011, 05:56 AM
Quentin Aukamp ,aka "QR" passed on yesterday after a year long battle with cancer. QR came on the dept in 1955 and retired in 1991. 90% of QR's time was spent on motors,and for those that had the privilege of knowing him, you just knew he was one hell of a guy, a mans man ,if there ever was one :!:
He was extremely active in both the FOP and the PBA, so many of you young guys probably know him as well. RIP my brother. :cry:

02-07-2011, 06:01 AM
What a NICE guy ! Although I'm fairly new (7 years) I did have the privilege to meet QR Aukamp at different meetings. What a really nice man, he was always smiling and cheerful, what a shame of his passing. God bless you my brother, you were second to none !

02-08-2011, 12:36 PM
I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE WORKED WITH QR ON THE CITY OF MIAMI'S MOTORCYCLE UNIT. IT WAS A GREAT HONOR AND HE WILL BE MISSED BY ALL.

02-08-2011, 02:18 PM
A post from the Vets Website:

There will be a Memorial Service for Miami PD Motorman Q. R. Aukamp at the Miami Police Benevolent Hall, 2300 NW 14 Street, Miami, on Sunday, February 13th at 2PM. QR's Wife, Barbara; Son, Bruce and Daughters, Sandra and Norma will be there to celebrate his life with those that knew him and loved him.
Light finger food and refreshments will be served. If you plan on attending please RSVP to the Miami PBA by email: MiamiPBA@BellSouth.Net or telephone: 305 634-7521 so we can make food accomodations for everyone.