PDA

View Full Version : Media Alert

02-06-2011, 06:14 PM
To all the media that review this forum the time has come. Mayor Foster needs to explain the actions of his Dep. Mayor G. Davis, attending a cop murders funeral. Was this approved by the Mayor? If not, what does the Mayor plan to do about it. If this was a personal decision by Davis, did it not damage the reputation of your administration in the public's eyes? We all know that offduty/personal conduct can and has gotten others fired from their jobs. You cant support these dead officers and their families and co workers while condoning one of your subordinates supporting this cop killers family in such a public/media covered way. Their were other private ways he could have showed his condolences to the Lacy family if they were that close to him.

02-06-2011, 10:57 PM
To all the media that review this forum the time has come. Mayor Foster needs to explain the actions of his Dep. Mayor G. Davis, attending a cop murders funeral. Was this approved by the Mayor? If not, what does the Mayor plan to do about it. If this was a personal decision by Davis, did it not damage the reputation of your administration in the public's eyes? We all know that offduty/personal conduct can and has gotten others fired from their jobs. You cant support these dead officers and their families and co workers while condoning one of your subordinates supporting this cop killers family in such a public/media covered way. Their were other private ways he could have showed his condolences to the Lacy family if they were that close to him.

Of course he's close to them and the entire midtown criminal element. I can't believe how this pos slides on everything and still gets paid 6 figures on top of a pention for doing absolutely nothing. It's a travesty but, hell behind closed doors he probably tells foster as that punk baker before him that if he gets canned he'll insight another gaaasssssppppp riot

02-07-2011, 01:34 PM
I hope the PBA has a news conference on this today!!!!!!!!! I can think of nothing that could hurt our dead officers families worst than high ranking city official and ex Police Chief giving equal time to this murderer.

02-07-2011, 03:29 PM
GO does not care. If the mayor tries to do anything about it, it will turn into a big racial mess, which we all know that one person is good at making happen because HE benefits from it.

02-07-2011, 05:11 PM
I hope the PBA has a news conference on this today!!!!!!!!! I can think of nothing that could hurt our dead officers families worst than high ranking city official and ex Police Chief giving equal time to this murderer.

I've been by the PBA office and they are extremly focused on providing for the families through t-shirt sales and other events. I'm sure they are not gonna worry about a press conference and turn the attention to GO and away from helping the families.....and I agree with that.

02-07-2011, 05:21 PM
I have to admit, when I first heard the rumor circulating yesterday that former Chief Davis attended the funeral of Hydra Lacy, Jr., I didn't want to beleive it. I chalked it up to the constant deluge of urban legends that swirl around the man. I admit, I don't know if he ever had a city VCR in his closet or whether the stories about the shotgun are true, or what he tossed in the infamous Gulfport in-car video when the starstruck Gulfport officer turned his back, but I know this, I watched on clear video him standing, eyes lowered and saddened, at the funeral of a man (and I use that term only in the strictest biological sense of the word, not as a descriptive of his qualities) who MURDERED two of HIS city's police officers. I was sickened in ways I didn't know I could feel. A funeral for a man who shot and grievously wounded a federal marshal, a man who set in motion a chain of events that are simply the worst day in the history of St. Petersburg.

Put simply, there is no positive spin on Davis actions. We have had it ingrained into us as police officers and city employees that we are never off- duty, that we always represent the city in our deeds, actions and words. What could be more clear in the disrespect to the badge, to the city and the Mayor's administration he serves in? His attendance put a tacit stamp of the city's approval on a proceeding, that as I watched it, made me think that we as a society have lost our way. There was a time that a family would have had the basic decency not to hold a public spectacle for a man who was a convicted sex offender with a juvenile, an alleged spousal batterer who fled trial rather than face a jury of his peers, a career criminal who died, not in some tragic accident with police, but in a calculated and deliberate stand-off after shooting three law enforcement officers. There was a time we don't bestow folk hero status on t-shirts and Facebook to a man like Hydra Lacy, Jr. No pastor spoke disengenuous words of comfort for a man of his caliber, instead we breathed a collective sigh of relief that six feet of earth stood between us and him, we mourned our dead and hoped the wounded healed and returned to serve. Watching the video on the Times web site left me shaking my head.

If you tell me that he is a longtime friend of the Lacy family and felt an obligation to attend, then I tell you he exercised poor judgement on a scale that can't be measured and sincerely question how he could hold a high level position in city government. Condolences can be extended behind the scenes in a dignified manner, recognizing that no city official should be in attendance at such an event. Even less so, a man who wore the same badge the only real victims in this incident wore, who once took the same oaths they took, who shouldered the same burdens and responsibilities they shouldered.

In short, it is very telling that the St. Pete Times on-line edition has buried this story and disabled the public commentary function. They recognize the lightning rod this should be, and clearly, want it to go away. Well, it won't go away amongst the men and women of law enforcement in the Bay area, many of whom have supported this Mayor via their money and their time and are appreciative of his support. We've waited patiently for change and been told it's coming, but certain political realities have to be faced. Well, you've received a provactive call for action in former Chief Davis deeds and actions, and we are watching......

02-07-2011, 06:35 PM
There is a time to let things go and there is a time to stand up and point out when something is flat out wrong. The attendance of a senior city official and former SPPD Police Chief no less is a slap in the face of not only the families of these fallen heroes but is a slap in the face to the law enforcement community as a whole.

I agree with the above poster who says condolences could have been rendered in a dignified manner behind the scenes to the family. I don't know how to convey the message of "I'm sorry you raised a child raping cop killer" but I'm sure as a politician he could find the appropriate words.

This is one of those times when the PBA, the FOP, the current Chief of Police (he's too spineless) and the Mayor should all say something. The Mayor should get rid of Davis as is but he won't fire him for attending a funeral but a public rebuke of his actions is certainly warranted.

The PBA should focus on the families but it is also important to let the public know of this dishonor paid to true heroes, men who gave their lives for this city and how one of their current city officials handled the situation. There were more cops, media and cemetery workers at Lee Harvey Oswalds funeral than actual mourners and you know why? Because he was not deserving of mourners and people who "knew the family" recognized a scumbag who deserved death when they saw one.

This disgrace of a city official should be held accountable for his poor judgment during a time like this. The PBA is more than an appropriate organization to lead the charge and in the process hold the Mayor and others in power accountable for their inaction to Davis' actions if indeed they do nothing as I suspect they will.

02-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Just out of curiosity, and I'm not defending his actions, but does Davis have some relationship with the family other then skin color? And was he representing the city in any way? Because if the answers are yes & no to those 2 questions, it's gonna be pretty hard for the Mayor to fault him attending the scumbag's funeral. He certainly should have stayed away, but we all know where his priorities lie and it's not with the city or the PD.

02-07-2011, 10:06 PM
I"M sure the PBA, is capable of handling two tasks at the same time. Putting the families of the dead officers ,their friends and coworkers through this humiliating ordeal should be the highest priority of your reps.

02-07-2011, 10:29 PM
I"M sure the PBA, is capable of handling two tasks at the same time. Putting the families of the dead officers ,their friends and coworkers through this humiliating ordeal should be the highest priority of your reps.

The PBA spoke with the Times today when I was there getting a shirt and they did not hold back any words from what I heard. Now will the Times print the story.

02-08-2011, 01:30 AM
I wrote fox 13 and they wrote back and said John Wilson asked the Mayor about Davis going to the funeral today and it will be on the 10 pm news.

02-08-2011, 02:38 AM
http://www.tampabay.com/news/localgover ... 150225.ece (http://www.tampabay.com/news/localgovernment/article1150225.ece)

THANK YOU BUBBA FOR GETTING THE BALL ROLLING ON THIS ONE!!!! I hope that Go, the corrupt hate mongerer, has finally crossed the line for the FINAL time. Enough is enough!

02-08-2011, 07:22 PM
What if... the two dead officers were black and the shooter white. And a white former police of chief and current city administrator did not attend the funeral for the two black officers, but did attend the funeral of the white shooter?

He'd be labeled a racist.

02-10-2011, 03:28 PM
What if... the two dead officers were black and the shooter white. And a white former police of chief and current city administrator did not attend the funeral for the two black officers, but did attend the funeral of the white shooter?

He'd be labeled a racist.

BIG TIME. Not only that, but the 100% racially motivated UHURU terrorist group would be holding protests and all the African Americans in St Pete would be calling for his immediate termination.....WHICH THEY WOULD GET! We have nobody to blame but our own white society for kissing their butts on every issue and every white politician now using their propoganda & racist ways of thinking to get themselves the minority vote. It is like white society is being held prisoner by these people and their stories of 1950 racism. Well guess what, it's 2011 and the U.S. has a AFRICAN AMERICAN President and all this B.S racial stuff needs to get put behind us. There were MANY ethnic groups that were targets of racism through history, but apparently the African Americans act like they were the only group. Is this because it is the only way they can get anywhere or use it as a excuse when they don't? It is not white societies fault that single unemployed African American women have children at the rate of 3 to 1 compared to whites. These kids grow up w/o any father or leadership and eventually blame racism as the cause of their problems or incarceration. Look at that POS murderer Lacy......he severely beats his wife and then murders 2 police officers trying to arrest him for it and many in the African American community in St Pete, incredibly including Goliath Davis, consider him a hero. Well I don't know about the rest of you, but I have had enough of this B.S. to last a lifetime, and anything less then Go Davis being fired is totally unacceptable. Its up to the VAST MAJORITY of officers in St Pete to band together and MAKE A STAND FOR ONCE ON THIS ISSUE. Its time for the local police unions to join ranks on this issue and let em have it! WHAT GO DAVIS DID WAS ABOUT AS WRONG AS WRONG COULD EVER BE, AND IF THERE WAS EVER A TIME THAT CENTRAL FLORIDA COMMUNITIES (with exception of racists) WOULD BE BEHIND SPPD ON THIS ISSUE................IT IS NOW!

02-11-2011, 02:22 AM
My GOD!! How do you guys survive a career over there with your cowardly bosses?