PDA

View Full Version : Motor's Legend Dies

02-06-2011, 04:04 AM
Today just after 6 PM Quintin "QR" Aukamp lost his year long fight against cancer. Melanoma from the over 3 decades of Sun exposure riding a City of Miami Police Dept. motorcycle. QR was a friend to all who wore a police uniform. He was also proud to claim the title of United States Marine. Rest in peace old friend. And don't drag QR into any of the crap some of you post on here. This string is not the place for such trash from EITHER SIDE.

02-06-2011, 05:00 AM
RIP Q you were a great Cop, Man and Marine. Thanks for all the great memories while I was at MPD. Godspeed my Brother..

02-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Go in peace Aukamp. You rode in the Motor Unit when it was A MOTOR UNIT -- 40 motors strong!! It was very impressive to see you guys riding in the King Orange Bowl Parade. Thanks for the memories.

02-06-2011, 04:07 PM
There will not be any formal service for QR. He wished to be cremated. The Miami P B A will host a memorial in the near future, but the date isn't set yet. His daughter advised it might be next Sunday, or the next one after that. I for one, will always have the memory of QR's smile and warn greetings to everyone he met.