PDA

View Full Version : One reason to keep working hard.

02-04-2011, 05:17 AM
CRIME WATCH
Officers’ deaths felt in the community
BY CARMEN GONZALEZ CALDWELL
SPECIAL TO THE MIAMI HERALD
I want to start by thanking the many who have written reflecting on the death of Miami-Dade police detectives Roger Castillo and Amanda Haworth.

Many of you expressed frustration with the criminal justice system, many of you are angry, and many of you were overwhelmed with the beautiful memorial service.

I am also angry that so many officers have died across the country in such a short period of time. I am also angry that our system needs to change to keep these lunatics in jail, and I am frustrated in not being able to do more to keep our officers and residents safe every day.

But what I can do today is recognize those that did a magnificent job in putting together a memorial with just two days to prepare. I would like to publicly commend Miami-Dade Police Maj. Greg Terp of the Special Patrol Unit and his officers and civilian staff, along with Annette McCully, executive assistant to Director James Loftus, who solidly worked behind the scenes to facilitate so many things including the program. Thank you for all you did from many in our community.

I am going to share with you a heartfelt letter I received from within the area of the shootings.

It’s from Amy in the Northside District, and addressed to the police officers who protect our communities:

Today is a sad day for us here in Liberty City. As a Crime Watcher I wanted to take a moment and let you know that we hurt along with you.

Your support, your friendship, the sincere efforts you have put in to our neighborhood is so greatly appreciated. By choosing to be a part of the Miami-Dade police, you have truly changed our lives. And we thank you.

Today we are reminded of how dangerous your jobs are. Today we are reminded that you are putting your lives on the line to serve us. Words cannot express what that means to us, our families, and most importantly the children of Liberty City. As we mourn the loss of those Miami-Dade Police officers know that you are very much on our minds and in our hearts. I cannot imagine what you are feeling and how much you are questioning yourself about whether it is all worth it...

But know this: I am angry. I am tired of the resources that are allocated to Liberty City not being used for its betterment. We WILL continue to fight to clean it up! We WILL do our part as citizens to support your efforts! We WILL stop this "No Snitching" mentality and we WILL protect those that protect us. The loss of those officers will not be in vain. Please keep us informed and let us know when we can be involved.

As you go to work tomorrow know that the work you have done has had a positive impact in Liberty City...and remember that not all of Liberty City is bad. For every nut case there are 100 of us that are thankful that you are protecting us. Take care, God Bless and we pray for peace for you, your co-workers and your families during this most difficult time.

02-04-2011, 12:47 PM
BY keep working do you mean becoming the Predetors again or begining Police runned youth programs in the low income nieghborhoods to try to encourage and mentor the children that have too much time in their hands. Or maybe having walking beats where officers actually know the people in the niehborhoods and get to interact with the community in a possitive way?

02-04-2011, 03:34 PM
he means stuff his face w a cigar and milk the system

02-04-2011, 04:08 PM
BY keep working do you mean becoming the Predetors again or begining Police runned youth programs in the low income nieghborhoods to try to encourage and mentor the children that have too much time in their hands. Or maybe having walking beats where officers actually know the people in the niehborhoods and get to interact with the community in a possitive way?

The problem with your plan, we have done this in the past (SRO-PAL) and you see the results everyday in police holding cells. And you didn't mention the biggest part of problem, PARENTS. The lack of there of..

02-04-2011, 07:06 PM
At least you know who he is. Be a man and put your name on it or come see him and see what he puts up your @@s.

02-04-2011, 07:16 PM

The problem with your plan, we have done this in the past (SRO-PAL) and you see the results everyday in police holding cells. And you didn't mention the biggest part of problem, PARENTS. The lack of there of..

The key word in my statement is "ONE". There are many reasons to keep working. And whatever your motivation is , as long as you do your job right there is noting wrong in liking what you do. The Herald letter I posted was just to remind ALL Of US that some good people live in Liberty City and do support US.

02-04-2011, 10:36 PM
At least you know who he is. Be a man and put your name on it or come see him and see what he puts up your @@s.
Yeah, like he'll do something, lol. That's a good one. :snicker:

02-05-2011, 12:08 AM

He might not do anything, but one of us might take your azz behind the woodshed and put a beating on you that you won't soon forget! Come see us and let us know how you feel! 3001 NW 17th Street, TRU Office 1 or 2, I'll let you pick! No name PUSSSSSSYYYY!!!

02-05-2011, 12:18 AM

He might not do anything, but one of us might take your azz behind the woodshed and put a beating on you that you won't soon forget! Come see us and let us know how you feel! 3001 NW 17th Street, TRU Office 1 or 2, I'll let you pick! No name PUSSSSSSYYYY!!!
The way you talk kid is how the River Cops acted.

02-05-2011, 12:22 AM

I'll be there looking for you. and just you. not you and five of your tru buddies. just you. Don't worry. I'll find you. I'll just follow the snail trail.

02-05-2011, 03:04 AM
wow you guys are cops???? or jr high kids

02-05-2011, 03:18 AM
wow you guys are cops???? or jr high kids

You too. I'll be looking for you too. and just you... but on a different day cause I'll probably be tired.

02-05-2011, 05:38 AM
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb324/jellie889/fun/old_man_funny_face.jpg

02-05-2011, 06:21 PM

The way you talk kid is how the River Cops acted.
Yeah that's a perfect example of the difference between the older cops and the newer ones, lol. They are quick to make threats behind a computer in their mom's house. :snicker: