PDA

View Full Version : Might seem a bit silly but..

01-20-2011, 07:19 AM
I submitted my application and got two letters, one stating my scheduled date for the CJBAT and PAT testing. Its too soon and I'm not prepared for the PAT / weigh in. It might seem silly but I want to make sure I at-least seem reasonable in my attempt to apply and my desire to be in FHP; should I call in to tell them I wont be attending? If I don't call, would it look bad? If I don't show up, would it look bad? Would I have to wait a full year to reapply? I need to know ASAP! Thanks in advance!

01-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Unless you are grossly overweight I would not worry about it. The PAT is very easy and I have seen very overweight people pass it. It may have changed but I don't think they weigh you at the PAT test.

01-20-2011, 03:37 PM
nothing to worry about. Just work on your cardio a little. It will be the most help. Good luck.
Make sure you want to do this.

01-20-2011, 05:13 PM
Don't worry about it. You will be wasting your time trying to get on here anyway. With the budget cuts coming and possible mergers and consolidations you have probably seen the last class for awhile. Plus, why would you want to work here anyway. This organization is nothing more than a group of glorified community traffic aides where everybody has a second job as a construction site security guard so they can pay their bills and feed their families. It's a joke!

01-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Don't worry about it. You will be wasting your time trying to get on here anyway. With the budget cuts coming and possible mergers and consolidations you have probably seen the last class for awhile. Plus, why would you want to work here anyway. This organization is nothing more than a group of glorified community traffic aides where everybody has a second job as a construction site security guard so they can pay their bills and feed their families. It's a joke!
Don't listen to this. Most rookies love being in the patrol car anyway. Most like to brag about how much they make with 208 (details) without caring how much time they are away from family or life outside of the uniform. Once the gung ho newness wears off and family life starts to suffer is when it gets old and becomes a problem. If you can "live within your means" -(have this as your supplemental household income) then you will be fine and call the rest slugs.

01-20-2011, 11:47 PM
Unless you are grossly overweight I would not worry about it. The PAT is very easy and I have seen very overweight people pass it. It may have changed but I don't think they weigh you at the PAT test.
They do weigh you at the PAT. There is a chart they have for weight/height. If you are 30 lbs. OVER what the chart allows you to be, then they will tell you to go home.

01-21-2011, 12:29 AM
They do weigh you at the PAT. There is a chart they have for weight/height. If you are 30 lbs. OVER what the chart allows you to be, then they will tell you to go home.

Total BS. Go do your best. You'll probably surprise yourself. But definitely continue to work on your fitness. You don't want the extra pressure of being hounded by the instructors because you are overweight.

Good luck. If you just don't show up or cancel, you'll be just about starting over again. Who knows what will happen in the future and you need to get ahead as much as you can.

01-21-2011, 12:56 AM

Total BS. Go do your best. You'll probably surprise yourself. But definitely continue to work on your fitness. You don't want the extra pressure of being hounded by the instructors because you are overweight.

Good luck. If you just don't show up or cancel, you'll be just about starting over again. Who knows what will happen in the future and you need to get ahead as much as you can.
Total BS huh? When did you last go through the PAT/CJBAT? I just did it about 10 months ago. They weighed everyone, if you were 30 lbs. over what the chart allowed you to be they sent you home..Don't come here calling BS about something you probably havent been to in years.( If ever)

01-21-2011, 02:25 AM

Here we go again. Another angry teenager made his way to the big people's forum. Please go drink some milk and read some Harry Potter books for your school home work.

21 and over please!

01-21-2011, 04:02 AM
I emailed many of the troop leaders and most of them said the same thing; if I'm 20 lbs over the maximum weight allowed, I will be disqualified and will have to reapply. I don't mind reapplying, but I also want to verify that I will be given the opportunity to prove myself beyond the assumption that a numeric figure dictates an individuals ability to successfully complete the task. With that said I definitely have work to do. I weighed myself at 248.7 and I'm 5' 7". I definitely have work to do but I need to know if its worth it to even show up or not. If I don't show up, would I have to wait an entire year before reapplying?

01-21-2011, 04:11 AM
I emailed many of the troop leaders and most of them said the same thing; if I'm 20 lbs over the maximum weight allowed, I will be disqualified and will have to reapply. I don't mind reapplying, but I also want to verify that I will be given the opportunity to prove myself beyond the assumption that a numeric figure dictates an individuals ability to successfully complete the task. With that said I definitely have work to do. I weighed myself at 248.7 and I'm 5' 7". I definitely have work to do but I need to know if its worth it to even show up or not. If I don't show up, would I have to wait an entire year before reapplying?
I think you'll have to wait a year either way...With the weight and height you said you were they will DQ you first thing..Thats the first thing they do on the morning of the PAT/CJBAT is weigh everyone..In MY opinion you would be wasting your time going, cause they'll weigh you and send you right back home. Thats just my opinion, if you want to go then go, but I believe you will have to wait a year either way before you can reapply.

01-21-2011, 01:21 PM

Here we go again. Another angry teenager made his way to the big people's forum. Please go drink some milk and read some Harry Potter books for your school home work.

21 and over please!
Here above we have what looks like a response to an "angry teenager" from an "angry teenager". Funny how these "angry teenager" responses sound so immature.

01-21-2011, 02:51 PM

You sound like from your description that you will fit in nicely with all the other lard a$$'es here at FHP!!! Once they issue you your uniforms don't forget to smear some BBQ sauce the shirt. Welcome aboard.....jelly donuts anyone?

01-21-2011, 03:37 PM

You sound like from your description that you will fit in nicely with all the other lard a$$'es here at FHP!!! Once they issue you your uniforms don't forget to smear some BBQ sauce the shirt. Welcome aboard.....jelly donuts anyone?
funny one. This guy seems like he might be a decent guy to work with. You on the other hand sound like some of the asshats I work with that I can't stand to be around. To many skinny asshats that aint worth a crap around here. I'll take a jelly donut :snicker:

01-21-2011, 08:29 PM
If you weight that much, you'll get dq'ed. Simple as that. The recruiters are cracking down on all of the extra nonsense that used to be waived. Just how many more applicants they are getting allows them to be more picky.

However, there is an exception. If you fit the bill, go see a doctor and get a body fat percentage thing done. I forgot what the results have to be, but they can make an exception if you can show that if your overweight its not due to fat, but due to muscle. Its written in the packet somewhere, and its barely a blurb, but its out of your own pocket. Confirm with someone besides an anonymous poster though.

01-21-2011, 09:22 PM
When I did it a year ago it was 30lbs max and was at 26lbs over. I still did the course in 3:34 but I still had to lose the weight and wound up losing 35lbs in 6 months before it went to TRC. It can be done and if you work hard and REALLY want this, you can do it. If this is a game, don't bother.

01-22-2011, 05:54 AM
FHP is definitely where I want to start my LEO career. What better place to start than the state? Local sounds great, monetarily, but I think a state position sounds nicer. Anyway, I hit the gym every day but one or two depending on soreness and I expect to be within standards within 2-3 months.