PDA

View Full Version : MORE OF THE SAME

01-13-2011, 01:10 AM
He calls himself an outsider who's going to reform the state. Looks like just another politician trying to squirrel away a few bucks. Except he's using new methods. He's nothing if he's not creative. Found this today and it made me pause:

Will Scott use plane for tax deductions?
Our new governor got right to work. He put the state
air fleet up for sale, making himself look like a
governor for the common man.
This act, consequently, made his personal plane a
necessary business expense so that operating
expenses and maintenance are all tax-deductible.
We now assume part of the expenses for Gov. Rick
Scott's private plane. This is what you wanted, right?
You don't make tens of millions of dollars without
being clever.
L. ORCHARD
olarry@embarqmqil.com

01-14-2011, 02:22 AM
Yea and he is paid one cent a year! Can you do that wad! He is rich for a reason and you are poor for a reason...

01-15-2011, 12:34 AM
"It takes money to make money". :lol:

01-15-2011, 02:25 AM
one cent a year? I'll have to check into the tax code to see what the tax advantage of doing that is. With insurance going up, having to pay for retirement, I might make out better.

01-17-2011, 06:46 PM
This is just nonsense.

It would be far cheaper for the Governor to use taxpayer subsidized aircraft than use his own and deduct the expenses on his Federal Returns. Not all people are out to get you. Taken your reality meds lately?

More of the same? Nope.

01-17-2011, 06:50 PM
This is just nonsense.

It would be far cheaper for the Governor to use taxpayer subsidized aircraft than use his own and deduct the expenses on his Federal Returns. Not all people are out to get you. Taken your reality meds lately?

More of the same? Nope.

So that would still save the state money since we have no income tax here.

01-18-2011, 03:21 AM
You're missing the point. It's not about what's cheaper or more beneficial for the state but what's more beneficial for our new govenor and his wallet. If he can make more money using his personal vehicle by deducting mileage and associated costs then I see it a as a win win for him. He makes himself look like a hero by selling the state's plane and (poor man) using his own' makes people think he's a selfless servant when in reality he's a selfish servant. This guy is a business man first and all business men (probably/espcecially all criminal business men) have an angle. What's important is how much can he put over on the mark - I mean residents of Florida. He wants to cut our bottom line by reducing pay and retirement while finding a way to increase his.