PDA

View Full Version : There are always two sides to every story

01-12-2011, 09:45 PM
First and foremost, let me congratulate the Mayor and the city Commissioners that contributed to the Annexation of the city of Sweetwater. The newly acquired industrial and commercial land will provide an additional tax base which in turn, will allow for the city leaders to lower taxes and finally give the Police Department a much deserved and respectable retirement plan. God willing, that comes to fruition. This has been the most important action the city of Sweetwater has taken since its incorporation in 1941. I am very happy for the rank and file and hope that you all take full advantage of the opportunity that you have been given.

There have been a few changes within the rank structure. Some of these changes have caused a rip tide of negative emotions. Let’s call it evolution. In order to evolve, one most adapt to change. Change is not easy for some and can cause an uprising which subsequently causes DIVISION. I have heard the negative comments on the newly appointed Supervisors, specifically Lt. De Larra and former Sgt. Sordo. I understand that some may not agree with administrative decisions but I am disgusted and ashamed, when officers from the very department that I hold very close to my heart, are bashing a fellow brother in arms in an open forum such as the internet, as opposed to speaking to those persons like men, “FACE TO FACE” and voicing those concerns. I can understand that some officers, who have paid their dues, feel as though they have been passed up but there are ways to handle these types of situations without insulting someone in an anonymous forum such as this.

I realize that there are some who may not see I to I with me and may attempt to make negative comments about me in retaliation of this topic and that’s fine. I only hope that those person(s) have the intestinal fortitude to make themselves known, in the same manner I have. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I believe we are lacking a sense of fraternity and fidelity that has always been the backbone of this agency. We have always had our differences but have always kept it in house.
I strongly urge you to take a look inside yourselves and reflect on the year that Sweetwater has had. 2010 was very rough for the Sweetwater family and because of the losses that we have suffered; we shouldn’t bicker about petty differences. And we definitely shouldn’t bash each other. Instead, we should adapt and overcome those obstacles by communicating and uniting.

My intentions are not to insult or single out anyone but rather plant the seed of code and honor among the rank and file. Together, you all have the power to write your own destiny. There will be bumps in the road, but don’t let that deviate from the ultimate goal. In a perfect utopia, everyone would get along and have barbeques every now and again and promotions of Sgt’s would be unanimous but we live in the real world, where envy and discord are a common occurrence.

I will always love and support the City of Sweetwater Police Department and take great lengths to prove my loyalty, as I believe I have always done. I will always see myself as a Sweetwater Policeman no matter where life leads me. I will return to the rank and file one day but not anytime soon. The rumors that some have heard about my return have been spoken about but it appears as though that may not be a good idea after all. As for the rumors of World War 3 erupting in the elections in May, I have no interest in running for the Mayoral seat and I wish the Mayor and the city great success. Please unite and appreciate each other and remember, no matter the circumstances, you can always “work it out”. No Politics, No B.S, UNITE…

P.S. Balls to the wall, Pedal to the Medal...

01-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Well said "kid"....kiki would be proud..

01-13-2011, 01:02 PM
hey bro you just wasted 5 minutes of my life with that boring speech. i will slap you in the back of the head foer that when i see. and i will be looking for you.

love you, but im still going to kick your arse!