PDA

View Full Version : FLORIDA HIGHWAY PATROL

MOUNTED 365
01-07-2011, 03:17 PM
I'VE HEARD SEVERAL HORROR STORIES ABOUT FLORIDA HIGHWAY PATROL AND THEIR DISCOURTESY TO OTHERS IN LAW ENFORCEMENT, BUT I RECENTLY HAD THE DISPLEASURE OF EXPERIENCING IT FIRST HAND. I WAS STOPPED IN ST. LUCIE COUNTY BY TROOPER T.M. COREY. WHEN HE APPROACHED MY CAR, HE ASKED A FEW QUESTIONS, I ANSWERED COURTEOUSLY, THEN HE ASKED FOR MY INFO AND I GAVE IT TO HIM. I ADVISED THAT I WAS AN OFFICER AND ALSO PROVIDED HIM WITH MY WORK I.D. HE WENT BACK TO HIS VEHICLE TO "VERIFY" MY INFORMATION AND WHILE THERE, I WAS SPOTTED BY ANOTHER OFFICER THAT WAS HEADING TO THE SAME PLACE I WAS GOING. TROOPER COREY INSTRUCTED THAT VEHICLE TO PULL IN FRONT OF MINE, AND THE OFFICER DID. WHEN TROOPER COREY RETURNED TO MY VEHICLE, HE HAD TICKET IN HAND AND PROCEEDED TO INSTRUCT ME ON MY PAYMENT OPTIONS...I SMILED AND AS I SIGNED ASKED HIM WHAT HAPPENED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT COURTESY, AND THIS DUDE HAS THE NERVE TO BRAG THAT I WAS THE 8TH OFFICER THAT HE'D PULLED OVER THAT DAY. TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, HE WENT TO THE OFFICER HE DIRECTED TO PULL IN FRONT OF ME, AND WROTE HER THE EXACT TICKET (SPEED AND AMOUNT) THAT HE WROTE ME. OH YEAH, AND SHE ADVISED HIM THAT SHE WAS AN OFFICER TOO...SMH

Old Lion
01-07-2011, 04:32 PM
It seems to me that you are the one that needs to remember that "law enforcement courtesy" means that when you are a LEO and are caught violating the law in another's jurisdiction, you take your medicine.

You were obviously trained by an FTO who forgot to teach you "when you have to eat a turd, don't nibble."

I travel from SC to FL often...I have family in Pensacola and Miami. I never have a problem and I get along with all of the FL LEO's I meet...even the FHP.

In SC, LEO's don't have a union to run interference for you. You work in an "at-will" capacity. That means that you work at the pleasure of the head of the agency that issued your commission. You keep your job by keeping your nose clean and doing a good job.

If you worked for me, I'd terminate you for doing crap like this.

Man up, eat the turd, pay your fine or go to court and fight the ticket, but whatever you do, quit whining. You just pinned on a target that will take a long time to fall off.

Most Sincerely,

Wes Smith

01-10-2011, 12:28 PM
If you have to eat the turd as you so disgustingly say, then that FHP trooper would have been eaten a long time ago. I don't know what farm you came from hick-boy but there is a brotherhood amongst officers nationally. You must be the lone dissenter.

What's the story, Corey? Mommy didn't hold you long enough? Daddy called you a wussy all the time? Girls made fun of you in school? Time to get even with everyone. Join FHP and write the world. That will make you a man. Yep. A hated man.

01-13-2011, 02:57 AM
If you have to eat the turd as you so disgustingly say, then that FHP trooper would have been eaten a long time ago. I don't know what farm you came from hick-boy but there is a brotherhood amongst officers nationally. You must be the lone dissenter.

What's the story, Corey? Mommy didn't hold you long enough? Daddy called you a wussy all the time? Girls made fun of you in school? Time to get even with everyone. Join FHP and write the world. That will make you a man. Yep. A hated man.
Maybe Corey should post the name of this guy and let his peers know who he is. What about it Corey, do you remember the incident and who this guy is? Better yet, I have tons of friends with FHP, maybe I can get a message to him or get his 88. :devil: