PDA

View Full Version : NEW SLIDES COMING FOR GLOCK GUNS

01-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Glock is replacing our slides and has to re-etch the FHP patch on the new ones. I wish they would print STATE TROOPER next to the patch instead of my 2010 ID # which I don't have any longer. Anybody care what their ID # was in 2010?

01-07-2011, 06:38 PM
+1

01-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Glock is replacing our slides and has to re-etch the FHP patch on the new ones. I wish they would print STATE TROOPER next to the patch instead of my 2010 ID # which I don't have any longer. Anybody care what their ID # was in 2010?

+2

I have no idea why the hell we have our radio id numbers on our guns. This agency is something else I tell you. :roll:

01-07-2011, 11:17 PM
+3

01-08-2011, 01:28 AM
Why does Glock have to replace all the slides?

01-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Why does Glock have to replace all the slides?

Because Glock sold us a model that no one else wanted, is extremely expensive to shoot, and is inconsistent with other agencies around the state and nation. Ask yourself, who else carries this boat anchor??

01-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Writing "STATE TROOPER" on the slide makes too much sense. Therefore, we will not do it. It makes better sense to issue a used gun from a fired trooper's 2010 ID # to a new recruit. Maybe it will be a daily reminder to them that they can be terminated too.

01-08-2011, 11:22 PM
The only reason the 2010 radio IDs are on the Glock is because someone wanted to have a Glock with number 1... CZNERNIS!!!

01-08-2011, 11:44 PM
If you stay around long enough, you will get that gun when you retire. It will be personalized to you, with your ID number the year they were issued. Anyone who has been around long enough to remember when we had our 50th anniversary may recall the logo we had. It was on our tags for our cars and we were issued another tag with our ID for that year. At the end of the year, we had both tags as a keepsake. IDs have been a big deal for a long time. When Grimming came and froze them (that is how we got our permanent ID's), it caused a big stir amongst the rank and file. One of the first things Hall did when he took over was re-institute the old ID's that change every year. My recommendation is to worry about more important stuff. Unless you are close to retirement, this will not be the weapon you retire with anyway.

01-08-2011, 11:51 PM
The only reason the 2010 radio IDs are on the Glock is because someone wanted to have a Glock with number 1... CZNERNIS!!!

Czernis will be taking one of the few Colt Pythons that are left, he will not be retiring with this god awful Glock G37.