PDA

View Full Version : New Org plan for State law Enforcement

01-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Anyone seen the new Org Chart submitted for Governors approval?? You guys get your wish, you are under FHP.

01-06-2011, 01:56 PM
http://www.scotttransition.com/lawenforcement.sub.12.16.2010.doc
Just go to the last couple pages.

01-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Bad link. Try again.

01-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Just remember, ultimately we arent just being merged with FHP. We are ALL being merged to DPS if this plan does go thru. So remember, we will all be turds in one big bowl together, so get the ego under control and stop thinking you will be our new master.

01-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Just remember, ultimately we arent just being merged with FHP. We are ALL being merged to DPS if this plan does go thru. So remember, we will all be turds in one big bowl together, so get the ego under control and stop thinking you will be our new master.

Agreed. Scott is going to kill our pensions and cut everything from State Leos.

02-28-2011, 01:36 AM
If you read page 5 is states that all uniform LEO's with the exception of FWY becomes one unit called Department of Public Safety, no more FHP no more FDOT. I say let it happen and lets concentrate on the important issues like benefits and salary.

02-28-2011, 08:26 PM
That's the Governor's plan. The Floirda Legislature's plan is a wee bit different; in their plan DOT will be merged with FHP. The Legislature is considering THAT proposal stronger than the one merging FHP with FDLE.

03-01-2011, 03:36 AM
I am your master!

03-02-2011, 03:44 AM
That's the Governor's plan. The Floirda Legislature's plan is a wee bit different; in their plan DOT will be merged with FHP. The Legislature is considering THAT proposal stronger than the one merging FHP with FDLE.

Read SB 1434.

03-02-2011, 05:15 PM
This DPS merger is the Governor's proposal, which so far the Florida Legislature isn't sold on (come to think of it, they aren't totally sold on HIM either). If you look at SB 1434, the legislature DOES want to move y'all from under DOT and make you part of us. They are more likely to follow THIS than a DPS any time soon. Remember, there is a seperate proposal to put the FHP as a part of FDLE on the table also, seperate from the Governor's proposal of an all-inclusive DPS, so a move of y'alls agency into ours might not even take place and WE may become the one's merged. Bottom line? We're sitting back like y'all are, waiting to see what's going to happen to us, too. As far as the comment in red, I certainly hope that was directed at someone else and not the FHP, otherwise SOMEBODY'S going to have a long row to hoe...

03-07-2011, 03:11 PM
I feel like the new SB 1434 ELIMINATES DOT/LE altogether? Anyone else actually read the bill? The whole provision from the statute authorizing DOT LEOs is eliminated? My concern is what happens to current DOT LEO? Read carefully please.

03-07-2011, 09:01 PM
I feel like the new SB 1434 ELIMINATES DOT/LE altogether? Anyone else actually read the bill? The whole provision from the statute authorizing DOT LEOs is eliminated? My concern is what happens to current DOT LEO? Read carefully please.
DOT LE isn't going away , as far as eliminated. No other agency is trained to do the job , and a 40 hour community college course doesn't count.

03-08-2011, 05:13 AM
DOT LE isn't going away , as far as eliminated. No other agency is trained to do the job , and a 40 hour community college course doesn't count.

Exactly! The only difference will be whether MCC iss under DOT or DHSMV

03-08-2011, 01:44 PM

Exactly! The only difference will be whether MCC iss under DOT or DHSMV

Before you trooper wannabees get too excited, IF you end up under DHSMV, you will NOT wear a trooper's uniform. Your patch will change and that's it. Your car will not look like a trooper's patrol car either. If you want to be a trooper, you have to go through our academy....period. Oh, and most of you will need to lose about 50 pounds to get in.

03-09-2011, 12:38 AM
Don't be too sure. How many of your own officers have you lost to other county and municipal agencies that have started their own CMV squads, and sent their own deputies and officers to get CVSA certified to do multi-level inspections? The answer: more than a few. NO ONE IS INDISPENSABLE! Don't get ****y; instead, work on fine-tuning your craft so that there may be others that can do the job, but no one better and only a few as good.

03-09-2011, 01:48 AM
Don't be too sure. How many of your own officers have you lost to other county and municipal agencies that have started their own CMV squads, and sent their own deputies and officers to get CVSA certified to do multi-level inspections? The answer: more than a few. NO ONE IS INDISPENSABLE! Don't get ****y; instead, work on fine-tuning your craft so that there may be others that can do the job, but no one better and only a few as good.
[url]/url]

Only a handful...yes handful have gone to maybe 2 other agencies to do cmv work. Trust me I know and I am sure....

03-09-2011, 04:12 AM
That doesn't account for the county and municipal LEOs that have started their own CMV squads, and across the state not just in South Florida. Trust me I know...

03-09-2011, 04:38 AM
Our agency funds the CMV squads your talking about trooper.........Sorry I guess we are special. Unlike you, not everybody can do our job. I have changed tires, wrote speeding tickets, worked wrecks and DUI's...........your job is a joke. Just be glad the sheriffs want to keep you around.........................for now.

03-09-2011, 05:36 AM
Our agency funds the CMV squads your talking about trooper.........Sorry I guess we are special. Unlike you, not everybody can do our job. I have changed tires, wrote speeding tickets, worked wrecks and DUI's...........your job is a joke. Just be glad the sheriffs want to keep you around.........................for now.

C'mon let's not fight with each other. We have other issues rather than this "my job is more important than yours" crap. Police work is not rocket science, plain and simple. Let's all get along and stand up against this Gov who is trying to destroy our benefits. - SE FL Trooper

03-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Not to mention they are given DOT authority by our colonel!

03-09-2011, 11:57 PM
Who says I'm a trooper? YOU? You have NO idea if I'm a trooper, a former MCC officer that saw the light and went to a county SO, a municipal officer for a city that saw an opportunity to bring in revenue by concentrating on CMV enforcement so it woudn't have to entertain as many citizens' complaints, or if I'm just a relative of one of the above who DOES know. YOU KNOW NOTHING, AND YOU PROVE IT BY OPENING YOUR MOUTH :oops: And since WHEN does DOT MCC "fund" CMV enforcement squads from OTHER agencies? If DOT does do that, it only further proves my point and weakens yours: you own parent agency gives money to OTHER law enforcement agencies to do the job YOU apparently aren't capable of doing? Is that what you are saying? Yeah, I guess you're REAL "special" as you put it in your post. And unlike what you are trying to get others to believe, there ARE other agencies that are doing your job and quite well. I don't remember seeing ANY sheriffs wanting to keep YOU around, now that you bring them up. If you recall in my original post, I recommended "work on fine-tuning your craft so that there may be others that can do the job, but no one better and only a few as good." NOW do I sound like a trooper? By the way KINGKONG is a good user name for you: the original was dumb, brutish, and was destroyed in the end, too.

03-10-2011, 12:53 AM

C'mon let's not fight with each other. We have other issues rather than this "my job is more important than yours" crap. Police work is not rocket science, plain and simple. Let's all get along and stand up against this Gov who is trying to destroy our benefits. - SE FL Trooper

WELL SAID! :cop:

03-10-2011, 01:05 AM
Who says I'm a trooper? YOU? You have NO idea if I'm a trooper, a former MCC officer that saw the light and went to a county SO, a municipal officer for a city that saw an opportunity to bring in revenue by concentrating on CMV enforcement so it woudn't have to entertain as many citizens' complaints, or if I'm just a relative of one of the above who DOES know. YOU KNOW NOTHING, AND YOU PROVE IT BY OPENING YOUR MOUTH :oops: And since WHEN does DOT MCC "fund" CMV enforcement squads from OTHER agencies? If DOT does do that, it only further proves my point and weakens yours: you own parent agency gives money to OTHER law enforcement agencies to do the job YOU apparently aren't capable of doing? Is that what you are saying? Yeah, I guess you're REAL "special" as you put it in your post. And unlike what you are trying to get others to believe, there ARE other agencies that are doing your job and quite well. I don't remember seeing ANY sheriffs wanting to keep YOU around, now that you bring them up. If you recall in my original post, I recommended "work on fine-tuning your craft so that there may be others that can do the job, but no one better and only a few as good." NOW do I sound like a trooper? By the way KINGKONG is a good user name for you: the original was dumb, brutish, and was destroyed in the end, too.

Your off the mark sport, an AGENT of FDOT can do our job. The other agencies you speak of are agents of FDOT. This means they give their DVER's (Driver Vehicle Examination Reports) back to FDOT and may stop a CMV for a CVSA inspection. If other agencies are stopping CMV's for an "inspection" and are not CVSA certified they had better have PC or they are violating civil rights. As for them doing a better job, not what I have seen (my opinion). I can say this because they have other police duties to fulfill, unlike us FDOT guys that do nothing but CMV enforcement daily. NO, not just anyone can do our job, we do have some that are "out there" like every agency, however, I do "fine tune" my craft, daily. What most of FDOT guys don't want to see is FHP thinking of us as "step children". Because when it is all said and done, we are all in this together and when the screwing starts we are all gonna get a piece. :wink:

03-10-2011, 01:56 AM
I retired and make six figures so you all are losers....

03-10-2011, 03:43 AM
I retired and make six figures so you all are losers....

WTF?? Where did this retard post come from? :?

03-10-2011, 01:43 PM
What most of FDOT guys don't want to see is FHP thinking of us as "step children". Because when it is all said and done, we are all in this together and when the screwing starts we are all gonna get a piece
There are turds in every agency; yours, mine (the FHP), all of them. You have my promise, as well as other troopers I have talked with: once we are merged, we are will make the effort to ensure no one will be looking at anyone differently, and correct it if we come across it. I know FWC had their issues when FMP and GFC merged, and still have issues they are working out because of different policies and work styles but are fading with time. There will be some issues we will have with blending different work styles into one cohesive department but they, too, will fade with time. Once the turds from both of our agencies are in the same pot, they will float to the surface and be readily identifiable.

03-11-2011, 04:00 AM
I'm afraid all of this is happening because we've done it to ourselves. OMCC has a mission, pro-active enforcement of CMV regulations. I've been with OMCC for nine years and I've worked with countless folks that do the bare minimum to keep their paychecks. Our agency has gone off in so many directions just in my short tenure that we've strayed from our primary mission: Enforcing State and Federal CMV laws. Someone earlier stated that we need to "fine-tune our craft" to make us indespensible. He's absolutely right. 90% of OMCC members bust their butts on a daily basis to maintain a high level of activity, aggressively enforcing these laws that very few outside our agency know how to. The other 10% stink, and they've prevented us from shining. If the legislature knew we were like no other, they wouldn't dare touch us, just like they won't abolish FHP.

The legislators don't seem to grasp the concept of grants. OMCC's 2010 SEP (state enforcement plan) states we will conduct 120,000 CMV inspections. If we don't, the $7m MCSAP grant goes away. If we fail to conduct the 31,000 portable CMV weighings, Florida can lose 10% of the Federal Highway funds the FIRST year. That equates to $190m. So what happens if we merge? It's a bit risky. If FHP manages things properly and allows the former OMCC folks to focus on their proactive CMV enforcement, rather than reactive S-4 type work, all will be well. If we get diverted from our primary mission and don't hit the numbers that the Feds are expecting, FL will lose $197 million dollars. That's an awful big gamble to "save" a couple million in overhead.

It seems inevitable... we're coming over to you guys. I don't care about the paint job, the uniform color, the title, any of that crap. If we're allowed to continue doing what we do best, I'll be happy. My biggest personal concern is that we'll become step-children of FHP. I fear a double-standard in the promotion process. As a Sergeant, I will have to compete against several hundred other Sergeants for a lieutenant promotion within the new OMCC bureau rather than a few dozen. I'm guessing it won't be a problem for a current trooper to promote into the OMCC division, but would I be able to promote to lieutenant within a FHP troop, not being a "real" trooper and all?

To any troopers, what are your thoughts? Will we receive the same respect and within this new organization?

03-11-2011, 01:48 PM
You will only get respect if you go through our full academy.

03-11-2011, 07:01 PM
We've got several supervisors bailing out this year (before June 30th). I was talking with my Captain and he was salivating at being able to add the DOT Sergeant's into the TWS program. We are working midnight shift too often and adding a few DOT Sergeants will allow us to be with our squads more. Welcome aboard :devil:

03-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Seriously? Is there something special about your academy? Were you brainwashed while there too? For you information, I did attend your precious academy, class 102. It was nothing to write home about. Your arrogance is unnecessary.

03-11-2011, 09:33 PM

I don't believe your academy can teach me anything different. I have to agree with the above post, seems to me that its just your arrogant attitude is talking here. This type of attitude is unwanted and unprofessional. :wink:

03-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Unfortunately, I think we will be treated differently in different troops. I'm in Troop H and we get along great with the troopers. For the most part, we've always worked well together. But it will probably take several years for the animosity to die out in some areas. If you look at the GFC/FMP Merger, some of the FMP guys had hard feelings for years. I hope that if it happens, it is a smooth transition and I certainly hope that we are not judged by what academy we went to but how we work. Time will tell. Just remember, we're going to their house, so we have to play by their rules and bashing each other on these threads will not help things at all.

03-12-2011, 01:04 AM
Seriously? Is there something special about your academy? Were you brainwashed while there too? For you information, I did attend your precious academy, class 102. It was nothing to write home about. Your arrogance is unnecessary.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Let me get this straight: you're one of the ones that suffered though our academy, thought you would quit and get away to something easier because you didn't want to do all the hard work but wanted the same pay, and now you're going to be pulled back into it again?! What a pisser for YOU! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

03-12-2011, 03:33 AM
[quote=Guest]You will only get respect if you go through our full academy.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Let me get this straight: you're one of the ones that suffered though our academy, thought you would quit and get away to something easier because you didn't want to do all the hard work but wanted the same pay, and now you're going to be pulled back into it again?! What a pisser for YOU! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!![/quote:170teito]

He's Baaaak... Not impressed. Have a great day.

03-12-2011, 03:39 AM

Do you respect the troopers who attended the cross-over classes? Are they inferior because their classes were only 8 weeks?

03-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Yes, they are inferior

03-12-2011, 03:34 PM

Do you respect the troopers who attended the cross-over classes? Are they inferior because their classes were only 8 weeks?

The only difference betweenTrooper school and any other academy is about 500-1,000 pushups ( half done in a suit & tie ) ... Makes me want to RUN and join up... :snicker:

03-12-2011, 05:12 PM
[quote=Guest]You will only get respect if you go through our full academy.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Let me get this straight: you're one of the ones that suffered though our academy, thought you would quit and get away to something easier because you didn't want to do all the hard work but wanted the same pay, and now you're going to be pulled back into it again?! What a pisser for YOU! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!![/quote:38xtazqq]

Academy 102 was a combined academy. A full academy. No quitters except the usual 20 or so FHP hires that can't take it and leave in the middle of the night. Check out the picture.

03-15-2011, 05:52 AM
I'm afraid all of this is happening because we've done it to ourselves. OMCC has a mission, pro-active enforcement of CMV regulations. I've been with OMCC for nine years and I've worked with countless folks that do the bare minimum to keep their paychecks. Our agency has gone off in so many directions just in my short tenure that we've strayed from our primary mission: Enforcing State and Federal CMV laws. Someone earlier stated that we need to "fine-tune our craft" to make us indespensible. He's absolutely right. 90% of OMCC members bust their butts on a daily basis to maintain a high level of activity, aggressively enforcing these laws that very few outside our agency know how to. The other 10% stink, and they've prevented us from shining. If the legislature knew we were like no other, they wouldn't dare touch us, just like they won't abolish FHP.

The legislators don't seem to grasp the concept of grants. OMCC's 2010 SEP (state enforcement plan) states we will conduct 120,000 CMV inspections. If we don't, the $7m MCSAP grant goes away. If we fail to conduct the 31,000 portable CMV weighings, Florida can lose 10% of the Federal Highway funds the FIRST year. That equates to $190m. So what happens if we merge? It's a bit risky. If FHP manages things properly and allows the former OMCC folks to focus on their proactive CMV enforcement, rather than reactive S-4 type work, all will be well. If we get diverted from our primary mission and don't hit the numbers that the Feds are expecting, FL will lose $197 million dollars. That's an awful big gamble to "save" a couple million in overhead.

It seems inevitable... we're coming over to you guys. I don't care about the paint job, the uniform color, the title, any of that crap. If we're allowed to continue doing what we do best, I'll be happy. My biggest personal concern is that we'll become step-children of FHP. I fear a double-standard in the promotion process. As a Sergeant, I will have to compete against several hundred other Sergeants for a lieutenant promotion within the new OMCC bureau rather than a few dozen. I'm guessing it won't be a problem for a current trooper to promote into the OMCC division, but would I be able to promote to lieutenant within a FHP troop, not being a "real" trooper and all?

To any troopers, what are your thoughts? Will we receive the same respect and within this new organization?

I think you guys will still be able to focus on CMV enforcement. I think they may pull a CMV Trooper to work a crash during a rain storm or something, but other than that you all will still be left alone. Everyone I have talked to is excited about having you guys join with us. Welcome!

03-15-2011, 05:54 AM
Unfortunately, I think we will be treated differently in different troops. I'm in Troop H and we get along great with the troopers. For the most part, we've always worked well together. But it will probably take several years for the animosity to die out in some areas. If you look at the GFC/FMP Merger, some of the FMP guys had hard feelings for years. I hope that if it happens, it is a smooth transition and I certainly hope that we are not judged by what academy we went to but how we work. Time will tell. Just remember, we're going to their house, so we have to play by their rules and bashing each other on these threads will not help things at all.

I think it will be great to merge us. I am not down with all the "new Troopers" are not real Troopers crap. I have other things to worry about, like my pension and fighting off Scott proposals for the next four years!

03-15-2011, 05:56 AM

8 weeks or the full academy.. I say who cares. Once we hit the streets we are all "Troopers". God bless.