PDA

View Full Version : Manatee Deputy suspended, should be PRAISED

01-04-2011, 03:53 PM
What happened to freedom of speech. The women deputy must be an idiot.

A Manatee County Sheriff's sergeant was suspended without pay for making a joke about the Bible and President Barack Obama.

The incident happened at the Manatee County Jail in Palmetto.

In September, Corrections Sergeant Matthew Neu used a Bible inside his office meant to be distributed to the inmates and used it for a joke.

Neu wrote a note about a Bible verse and called it "The Obama prayer." He then put the piece of paper inside a Bible and placed it on a coworker's desk.

When Sergeant Martha Nash opened the bible, she found Psalm 109, Verse-8 circled, which states: "Let his days be few, may another take his place of leadership."

In a newly released Internal Affairs report, Sergeant Nash said, "she was shocked by the finding and thought whoever left it wanted Obama dead."

An investigation revealed Sergeant Matthew Neu, who is outspoken about his political beliefs, and has worked for the sheriff's office for 16 years, was behind it.

Sergeant Neu said he received an e-mail about the verse and thought it was funny. He said he circled the verse as a joke and it was not meant to offend Nash or anyone else.

In the report he stated, "his intent was to take the Bible and show it to others but he got busy and forgot about it."

He also said: "Do I like Obama as a President? No." However, he said, "There's no racial hate or anything like that involved in it."

He went onto say, "In hindsight, maybe it wasn't the smart thing to do."

The sheriff's office agreed and found that Sergeant Neu violated a code of ethics policy. He was suspended for three days.

The two sergeants involved in this incident could not be reached for comment.

01-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Christianity: the root cause of conflict since 33 AD.

01-05-2011, 05:57 AM
To the above poster:
You couldn't be more wrong. Satan has been the cause of conflict since pride was found in him and he was kicked out of heaven. He knows of the word, but doesn't understand it. Many verses can be used out of context to use for your own application or liking, but it doesn't make your belief true unless you consider all of the Bible. Don't blame Christianity, blame the devil who has misled you. I'll pray that the blinders will be removed from your eyes.

01-05-2011, 12:18 PM
What an excellent illustration on how easy it is to start a conflict.

01-05-2011, 02:42 PM
That's an excellent observation. It began when Jesus Christ was nailed to a cross and left to die. It continued to be a bloody conflict when all of His remaining (direct) apostles were killed in similar fashions. What's the big deal about believing in Jesus? Why did Jesus' followers have to be executed? :?

01-05-2011, 02:51 PM
That's an excellent observation. It began when Jesus Christ was nailed to a cross and left to die. It continued to be a bloody conflict when all of His remaining (direct) apostles were killed in similar fashions. What's the big deal about believing in Jesus? Why did Jesus' followers have to be executed? :?

If you read your deputy-badge closely, you'll notice that it reads:

"In God we trust."

You can read it here (http://www.copshop.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/LakeCtyFloridaSheriff.Badge_big.jpg) in the green portion of the badge. :shock:

Food for thought. :cop:

01-05-2011, 04:43 PM

Typical viewpoint of a Christian who has no idea about the history of his religion....and knows only what he was taught by his pastor and sunday school teacher.

You stated, "Why did Jesus' followers have to be executed?" A better question would have been "Why did people who didn't follow Jesus have to be executed?" You ever heard of the Crusades, the Inquisition, the Reformation? What about the thousands of women that the Christian church tortured for being accused of witchcraft? Burning people alive?? These were not isolated acts performed by small sects of Christians....these were events sanctioned and endorsed BY THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH. Yet, most bible thumpers are completely unaware ANY of this happened, and NONE of this is taught in churches today.

I love when Christians accuse Muslims of being barbaric by saying, "You guys still stone your women for committing adultery." They never realize that is a CHRISTIAN value, written right there in the Holy Bible. The only reason Christians today don't do this is because some of of them evolved (albeit very, very slowly), and had a little compassion for their fellow brother, and said "the orders to stone women in this Bible are bull$hit and we're not gonna follow them anymore."

Just type in "violence" and "Christianity" into google and you'll be reading for days.

01-05-2011, 05:20 PM

Typical viewpoint of a Christian who has no idea about the history of his religion....and knows only what he was taught by his pastor and sunday school teacher.

You stated, "Why did Jesus' followers have to be executed?" A better question would have been "Why did people who didn't follow Jesus have to be executed?" You ever heard of the Crusades, the Inquisition, the Reformation? What about the thousands of women that the Christian church tortured for being accused of witchcraft? Burning people alive?? These were not isolated acts performed by small sects of Christians....these were events sanctioned and endorsed BY THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH. Yet, most bible thumpers are completely unaware ANY of this happened, and NONE of this is taught in churches today.

I love when Christians accuse Muslims of being barbaric by saying, "You guys still stone your women for committing adultery." They never realize that is a CHRISTIAN value, written right there in the Holy Bible. The only reason Christians today don't do this is because some of of them evolved (albeit very, very slowly), and had a little compassion for their fellow brother, and said "the orders to stone women in this Bible are bull$hit and we're not gonna follow them anymore."

Just type in "violence" and "Christianity" into google and you'll be reading for days.

If you choose the Lord Jesus Christ and if you follow His precepts, then you will go to heaven. If you reject the Lord Jesus Christ and choose to ignore His precepts, then at your mortal death you will be separated from Him forever and you will be in hell. I urge you to ask Him if He's real and ask Him to prove Himself to you -- and see what happens. :)

01-05-2011, 05:21 PM
If you read your deputy-badge closely, you'll notice that it reads:

"In God we trust."

You can read it here (http://www.copshop.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/LakeCtyFloridaSheriff.Badge_big.jpg) in the green portion of the badge. :shock:

Food for thought. :cop:
Now that you've pointed out that a statewide badge has God on it, the ACLU will seek to remove Him from the badge.

01-05-2011, 05:57 PM
What happened to freedom of speech. The women deputy must be an idiot.

A Manatee County Sheriff's sergeant was suspended without pay for making a joke about the Bible and President Barack Obama.

When Sergeant Martha Nash opened the bible, she found Psalm 109, Verse-8 circled, which states: "Let his days be few, may another take his place of leadership."

In a newly released Internal Affairs report, Sergeant Nash said, "she was shocked by the finding and thought whoever left it wanted Obama dead."

The Secret Service does not have any sense of humor when it comes to this sort of stuff. None.

01-05-2011, 06:31 PM
If you choose the Lord Jesus Christ and if you follow His precepts, then you will go to heaven. If you reject the Lord Jesus Christ and choose to ignore His precepts, then at your mortal death you will be separated from Him forever and you will be in hell. I urge you to ask Him if He's real and ask Him to prove Himself to you -- and see what happens. :)

Believe me, I have no desire to worship a guy with a beard living in the sky who doesn't exist, nor fear some guy with a pitchfork and horns that doesn't exist either. I also don't see myself associating with a religion responsible for so much violence and human suffering over the course of its life.

I can assure you, the concept of asking "god" to prove himself to you and one "seeing" results is nothing more than the power of the mind and the power of placebo. You cannot convince me that a god exists who has designed a "perfect" world when hermaphrodite babies and siamese twins are still being born. You cannot convince me that i'll go to a "hell" for not being "saved" when there have been millions deep in the jungles of the Amazon, Papua New Guinea, etc. over the course of the earth who have NEVER even heard of christianity. If there is indeed a god behind all of this, he's one sick son of a bit#h.

01-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Prepare to be enlightened, my fellow troopers.

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/

01-05-2011, 09:02 PM
You cannot convince me that i'll go to a "hell" for not being "saved" when there have been millions deep in the jungles of the Amazon, Papua New Guinea, etc. over the course of the earth who have NEVER even heard of christianity.
1. If someone has never heard of Jesus and if they go to heaven, it is still through Jesus.

2. If a Muslim or Buddhist or someone from another religion goes to heaven, it is still through Jesus.

3. The kingdom of heaven is just that: a kingdom. And the king of that kingdom is the Lord Jesus Christ and He alone determines who will enter His kingdom. :)

Here's (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=rev.%2011:15&version=KJV;) one of my favorite scriptures!

01-05-2011, 09:34 PM
You're ignoring the questions. Christians state that for any person to get into "heaven" that he or she must become "saved" before his or her death. Over the course of history, millions have lived in remote areas such as Papua New Guinea who have never even heard of christianity. So I'm assuming they have gone on to what you would call "hell?" Makes zero sense (just like religion). Under any logical argument, the concept of christianity fails every time. Unfortunately, christians use no logic so these discussions do not exist.

Notice how you still haven't addressed my questions about hermaphrodite babies (in addition to my many other points).

01-06-2011, 02:08 AM
You're ignoring the questions.
I would be delighted to answer any questions you have!

Christians state that for any person to get into "heaven" that he or she must become "saved" before his or her death.
Yes, that is true.

Over the course of history, millions have lived in remote areas such as Papua New Guinea who have never even heard of christianity. So I'm assuming they have gone on to what you would call "hell?"
Whoever told you that is incorrect. The Lord Jesus Christ alone determines who will enter His kingdom. He is the king of it. Consequently, if someone has never heard of Jesus, then Jesus will determine if he or she will enter His kingdom. Jesus has specific criteria that he will use for that person(s) and we are not privy to His individualized criteria. Jesus is the Judge. Please don't assume that someone will be hell bound, simply because they have never heard of the risen Lord.

Makes zero sense (just like religion). Under any logical argument, the concept of christianity fails every time. Unfortunately, christians use no logic so these discussions do not exist.
Yes, I understand that you believe that.

Notice how you still haven't addressed my questions about hermaphrodite babies (in addition to my many other points).
"Original sin" came from Adam and Eve's first sin when they ate of the forbidden fruit. That first sin was to doubt the Lord when He told them to stay away from it. Today, doubt and unbelief are now rampant in the earth because of Adam and Eve's first sin of unbelief.

Getting back to your question, yes, original sin (and it's devastating consequences) continue today, to include deformed births and murders and carnage's. However, there is a way of escape...

Jesus is God in the flesh. He came to this earth to grant a pardon to all of us who are born under the curse of original sin. If you believe that the Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead and if you follow His precepts and teachings, then you will be saved.

01-06-2011, 02:20 AM
One word - DINOSAURS!?

01-06-2011, 02:28 AM
One word - DINOSAURS!?
Dinosaurs are also God's creation. Noah took baby dinosaurs on the ark, instead of trying to fit fully grown dinosaurs into it.

01-06-2011, 02:37 AM
[youtube:3k4fecmd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT4bsbiReDU[/youtube:3k4fecmd]