PDA

View Full Version : Sarasota police oversight panels on the way

01-01-2011, 07:18 PM
City Manager Bob Bartolotta says he hopes to have chairpersons in place by February. Members are expected to begin meeting monthly sometime in mid-2011.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20110101/ARTICLE/101011025/2416/NEWS?Title=Sarasota-police-oversight-panels-on-the-way

01-02-2011, 10:17 AM
We dont care about this, go away

01-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Poor Chief Hollaway. As every day goes by, he is watching the list of reasons he shouldn't have taken the Chief's job grow. I thought there were laws that prevented law enforcement from answering to public committees?? All of this from a knee jerk reaction to a handful of disgruntled people. Batolotta should be ashamed for letting all of this happen. Did SPD need a change??? Yes it did. Abbott was not the right fit for the agency and that was clear from his first 5 minutues as Chief. However the things that SPD was accused of were just not true. Complaints were never buried.....people were never disuaded from making a complaint.....people were never intimidated.......thats is all crap. All lies made up by people who were upset that things did not go their way.

I am not sure where this panel is going to lead but I can say that there will be plenty of rough spots before we get there.

01-03-2011, 02:02 PM
THE GREATEST JOKE IN JOURNALISM!

01-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Did you type that while looking in the mirror, or while staring deeply into Rugers eyes.