PDA

View Full Version : No Refusal DUI Check Points, More Rights Being Given Up

01-01-2011, 12:40 AM
When will Americans wake up and stop giving up our rights?

It won't be long before police will be storming through your front door just because they can.

Forcing people to give blood is just wrong if there is not serious bodily injury or death involved.

Americans had better wake up soon. I know there will be a lot of bashing defending the "No Refusal DUI Check Points" but really there is no excuse to continue to give up our rights as citizens of the United States of America to these violations of the United States Constitution. Our forefathers have to be rolling over in their graves today.

01-01-2011, 01:07 AM
A "no refusal" checkpoint means if a driver refuses a DUI test, a judge will be at the checkpoint, ready to issue a warrant to police for a mandatory blood test.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/story.aspx?storyid=165079&catid=250

A warrant based on probable cause is constitutional and does not violate anyones rights.

How STUPID can you be?

01-01-2011, 01:21 AM
A "no refusal" checkpoint means if a driver refuses a DUI test, a judge will be at the checkpoint, ready to issue a warrant to police for a mandatory blood test.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/story.aspx?storyid=165079&catid=250

A warrant based on probable cause is constitutional and does not violate anyones rights.

How STUPID can you be?
Iam an avid drunk driver and there is nothing wrong with what FHP is doing. YOu know what, they will stop people from dying they also will arrest anyone cops, Judges, legislature as well as hot looking exotic dancers which means they are hard but they are fair. This method sounds effective and sounds like it will work. I also agree with the legal argument above. My warning is if your a DRUNK STAY THE F HOME!!!!!!

01-01-2011, 04:02 AM
Before one would even be asked to submit to field sobriety exercises, their would be reasonable suspicion that the driver is under the influence of drugs and (or) alcohol. Therefore, if you make it to the point where they are asking you to submit to a test of your breath, urine, or blood, there is already probable cause to arrest you for DUI. They are not just randomly asking people for blood. Besides, if you do not like the checkpoints, do not drive through them. They are well advertised in the local media outlets before they occur.

Maybe you are just one of those people who feels DUI is not a crime and you should be allowed to drink and drive . If that is the case, then you are an idiot. :cop:

01-01-2011, 04:23 AM
Before one would even be asked to submit to field sobriety exercises, their would be reasonable suspicion that the driver is under the influence of drugs and (or) alcohol. Therefore, if you make it to the point where they are asking you to submit to a test of your breath, urine, or blood, there is already probable cause to arrest you for DUI. They are not just randomly asking people for blood. Besides, if you do not like the checkpoints, do not drive through them. They are well advertised in the local media outlets before they occur.

Maybe you are just one of those people who feels DUI is not a crime and you should be allowed to drink and drive . If that is the case, then you are an idiot. :cop:
No these people are not idiots and believe it should be a crime but they are just legislators, judiciary, lawyers, cops and self defined important people who agree with state laws as long as it doesn't focus on them and thier children. So when they come through the check point smelling like if you lite a match it would catch fire they are wanting a whole new definition of reasonable belief criminal activity is afoot such as OMG I cant believe this is happening; whats going to happen oh OMG do you know so and so!!!!!

01-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Benjamin Franklin: Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.

We on yet another slippery slope.

01-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Besides, if you do not like the checkpoints, do not drive through them. They are well advertised in the local media outlets before they occur.

Or, if you run up on a checkpoint just bust a U-turn. Florida law provides that you are not required to go through a checkpoint.

01-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Benjamin Franklin: Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.

Abraham Lincoln: Freedom is not the right to do what we want, but what we ought. Let us have faith that right makes might and in that faith let us; to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.

I think we're on the right course.

01-02-2011, 01:19 AM

It won't be long before police will be storming through your front door just because they can.

Forcing people to give blood is just wrong if there is not serious bodily injury or death involved.

Americans had better wake up soon. I know there will be a lot of bashing defending the "No Refusal DUI Check Points" but really there is no excuse to continue to give up our rights as citizens of the United States of America to these violations of the United States Constitution. Our forefathers have to be rolling over in their graves today.

Driving is not a right!

Walk!

01-02-2011, 06:57 AM

No rights or freedom is being given up. what don't you understand?

There is NO SLIPPERY SLOPE.

They are simply following the constitutional requirement to obtain a warrant to draw blood based upon probable cause. The only change is having a judge on scene to expedite the process and reduce the time needed to obtain the warrant.

If you can't understand that, you are STUPID!

01-03-2011, 12:52 AM
I see the ignorant jack booted thugs are posting in favor of this BS.

These pantywaists would have never made it 20 years ago on the Florida Highway Patrol.

01-03-2011, 01:21 AM
I see the ignorant jack booted thugs are posting in favor of this BS.

These pantywaists would have never made it 20 years ago on the Florida Highway Patrol.

yep back in my day the report was simple, "Saw drunk arrested same." we also kept a cash box and collected the fines on the side of the road. Who knows were some of the case went to!

01-03-2011, 05:43 AM

Go back to your tea party with Hannity and Palin and stay away from the big kids table.

01-04-2011, 03:16 AM
You can't just bust a u turn, once you pass the sign that says sobriety checkpoint ahead you are violating a traffic control device if you bust the u turn,

doh. best not be signal 1 in my hood