PDA

View Full Version : TRCC

12-26-2010, 02:07 AM
I was thinking of applying to Tallahassee Comm Center, I know some of the DOS supervisors on a personal level, but don't know them on a job level. Can anyone give me some ideas of how they are? I know there a a couple of good ones and a couple of sketchy ones. Just need to know what I'm in for before I accept a job to work under them.

12-26-2010, 03:30 AM
I was thinking of applying to Tallahassee Comm Center, I know some of the DOS supervisors on a personal level, but don't know them on a job level. Can anyone give me some ideas of how they are? I know there a a couple of good ones and a couple of sketchy ones. Just need to know what I'm in for before I accept a job to work under them.

First off you have not even applied yet, do you know how tough the job market is right now, you think you will apply and get the job no matter what??? LoL, try asking the source if you know them(DOS or Duty Officers) on a personal friendly level why don't you just ask them directly or even ask if you can sit in or volunteer as a call-taker to see how things work or run???

So funny that people think jobs can be handed out at this day and age, for instance I currently work within the agency and I have had my letter of intent to be laid off since March of 2010, I have applied to many internal postings and various other state agencies jobs to see if I can get picked up somewhere, I have applied to clerks jobs, floor sweeping, trash can emptying positions, and more it is very competitive and very hard right now. Another thought here is a job that used to see maybe 20 applicants now gets somewhere in the neighborhood of 200-300 people applying and that is a small number to what I have been told while applying and talking with many hiring managers around the state.

12-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Please don't mistake confidence for bragging. I have worked in a FHP RCC in the past for five years. I know exactly how to do the job, am very good at what i do and I know how the hiring process works, as I used to do the hiring for my RCC,so yes I am pretty confident that I would be offered a job if I applied. It is true what you said how there are 200-300 applications for each job position, what you don't mention is that 250 haven't worked anywhere but McDonalds or retail somewhere. All fine jobs just not in line with what a dispatcher does. 25 out of the remaining 50 have state job experience, but have zero idea how to properly fill out an application and end up scoring toward the bottom. Out of the 25 applications left, 5 to 10 of them are Vet Preference which I have no problem with, but end up not scoring high enough to get the job which leaves 15. you might have 10 good applicants, with 5 sort of ok ones, you pick the top 12 with 4 to 6 of them not showing up for an interview, leaving 6-8, out of those you will usually have 2 or 3 that fail out in background or are already state workers, but seem to already have issues with their job they are at. which leave you 1-3 to acually hire for your open positions. out of those 1-3 people, 1 will always leave before their probation is up leaving maybe 1 good employee out of 300 applicants. While I am not saying you belong in any of these catagories, and I am truly sorry to see you being laid off, I was simply asking about the personalities of the supervisors,their ability to be able to work with them, and their ability to do their jobs when there is a emergency. While this is a great job, if the supervisors aren't worth anything then the job will be 100x harder than it needs to be. So does anyone have any decent things to say about them, that acually deal with them on a day to day basis?

12-27-2010, 12:24 AM
WOW you are pretty ****y! Good luck on that job or I mean congrats on getting hired b/c I am sure you know you got it already! lol funny thing is that you think a high percentage of the people applying are people working LOW END jobs such as Mickey D's or retail right now, think again their is actually many people that loss their high paying corporate jobs or college graduates that have masters degrees that cant find a job right now, but again sounds like you already have it figured out. You should have applied for the Director Position, hell why stop there why are you even considering lowering your standards to work in the State Government system here in Florida we are one of the lowest paying states in the country.

12-27-2010, 01:16 AM
I think you're mistaking confidence and knowledge of the current job market as being "****y". To me it just sounds like this person knows what they are talking about, and is trying to get a feel of what the working environment is like before going in. This is no different than any place. I'm not a DO, just a trooper with a few days left before entering the DROP, but offering an opinion of what I'm reading.

12-27-2010, 01:34 AM
Most of the people applying for jobs in dispatch have never worked a day of dispatch, radio, or law enforcement in their lives which from what I remember from experience is pretty much a requirement for working at a RCC. Just because you put yourself through school or mama and daddy paid for you to screw around for four years doesn't mean jack in the hiring process. I as a prior dispatcher can't just jump into any job I want to with the state and it should be like that. Law Enforcement take a different kind of person to do it, what I've learned from doing it all these years is that not everyone can do it, and that is the way it should be. It isn't an easy job and just because you went to college doesn't mean that you can handle the job. I've seen a ton of jackwagons come in thinking they are above it and if somebody who just has a high school education can do, then so can they, and they usually last about a month before they drop out. Money isn't everything, if it was most of the people reading this board would be working somewhere else. I happen to like FHP, they have their problems, but I don't care, so does everywhere else. Working for FHP is a lot better than working in some small sheriff's office or police department where you have to be a good ole boy or your always the outsider. I could care less if you think I'm ****y, or care less if you don't like FHP, or care less if for some reason or another you didn't make it into the fold. I was just asking a simple question, and would like someone to answer it. I already have a good job, I'm not looking for work, and I am not looking down on those who are. I realize everyday how lucky I am to have a job, a good job, and for now a secure one. So I don't need a lecture. Before you go off on your tangent, about Kool Aid drinker or anything else, your here just like I am so come up with something else that isn't a complaint.

Thank you DROP Trooper, I appreciate all you've done in the time you've put in. I know firsthand how troopers get the even shorter end of the stick most of the time.

12-27-2010, 07:38 PM
bump

12-30-2010, 05:07 AM
[quote="TRCC Applicant"]Most of the people applying for jobs in dispatch have never worked a day of dispatch, radio, or law enforcement in their lives which from what I remember from experience is pretty much a requirement for working at a RCC. Just because you put yourself through school or mama and daddy paid for you to screw around for four years doesn't mean jack in the hiring process. I as a prior dispatcher can't just jump into any job I want to with the state and it should be like that. Law Enforcement take a different kind of person to do it, what I've learned from doing it all these years is that not everyone can do it, and that is the way it should be. It isn't an easy job and just because you went to college doesn't mean that you can handle the job. I've seen a ton of jackwagons come in thinking they are above it and if somebody who just has a high school education can do, then so can they, and they usually last about a month before they drop out. Money isn't everything, if it was most of the people reading this board would be working somewhere else. I happen to like FHP, they have their problems, but I don't care, so does everywhere else. Working for FHP is a lot better than working in some small sheriff's office or police department where you have to be a good ole boy or your always the outsider. I could care less if you think I'm ****y, or care less if you don't like FHP, or care less if for some reason or another you didn't make it into the fold. I was just asking a simple question, and would like someone to answer it. I already have a good job, I'm not looking for work, and I am not looking down on those who are. I realize everyday how lucky I am to have a job, a good job, and for now a secure one. So I don't need a lecture. Before you go off on your tangent, about Kool Aid drinker or anything else, your here just like I am so come up with something else that isn't a complaint.

My point exactly if you have such a great job and are bragging about it why would you be a fool and leave it? So that makes you the village idiot! Also, you DID in fact make several judements about the types of people applying for dispatch jobs

"I see said the blind man." Just a few words to live by!

01-11-2011, 01:27 AM
I suppose I should have known better to ask a board full of "insert your own word here" employees to answer a simple question. Don't worry blindman, I still don't have the answer to my question, but I sure hope that the troopers I have to deal with on a day to day basis won't be as negative as the people on here. I'm sorry there seems to be a lot of backstabbing and jealousy going on here. I hope that it gets cleard up, but leave it to a few bad apples to spoil the bunch. All the rest of your nice acting FHP employees stay safe and have a good day. Till then I will be standing by patiently waiting till a single simple question can be answered without a smartass remark. If that is possible.