PDA

View Full Version : disappointed

12-17-2010, 08:04 PM
I'm disappointed that L.H. did not get promoted. We need some diversity among our law enforcement lieutenants. I believe she would be the only black female LE Lieutenant.

12-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Stop with the race nonsense. It has become a dead horse. Just because she is a black female doesn't mean she needs to be promoted. Best person for the job, period, end of discussion. Raced based quotas are wrong.

12-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Stop with the race nonsense. It has become a dead horse. Just because she is a black female doesn't mean she needs to be promoted. Best person for the job, period, end of discussion. Raced based quotas are wrong.

I disagree, I think she is very qualified, and should be promoted. She is the best person for the job, because she is #1 on the list. It would also show that the sheriff is not what his critics say he is.

12-17-2010, 10:10 PM

I disagree, I think she is very qualified, and should be promoted. She is the best person for the job, because she is #1 on the list. It would also show that the sheriff is not what his critics say he is.

With all due respect, maybe your original post should have focused on how qualified she is, and how she's the best person for the job - rather than anything about her race.

12-17-2010, 10:16 PM
There's nothing wrong with saying we need a little bit of diversity at the top. Cpt. B for Sheriff in 2012!

12-18-2010, 12:26 AM
She should be promoted because its the right thing to do. There is 1 major position, 2 captain positions, 2 lieutenant positions and 2 sergeant positions that still have not been filled. Those positions should be filled immediately. There is no need to wait to next year. The new budget year began in October and not Jan 1. Therefore it does not save the PBSO anything to wait. Per the contract the current positions need to be filled off the existing lists. Do the right thing Sheriff and adhere to the spirit of the contract.

12-18-2010, 12:58 AM
WHAT??? This place is absurd! The LAST thing we need is more promotions, there are more people running around now with rank than we possibly need. We need more deputies on the street. Period. We need less promotions. Do you people have any idea what the budget is going to look like in a year or two??? The economy is going to collaspe here in Florida, because a huge portion of it was based on the housing market. No matter what the real estate "professionals" claim, the prices are going to continue to fall dramatically. Tax revenue is going to drop like nothing this area has ever seen, and our 500 million dollar budget is going to face a major, major shortage.

12-18-2010, 01:43 AM
We are in for a rough ride folks, with Rick Scott as our Govenor any previous discussions about going to the Govenor if our budget is not approved is laughable now.

12-18-2010, 02:38 AM
Yeah those checks and balances are a real turd... ask Harry Reid.

12-18-2010, 03:19 AM
WHAT??? This place is absurd! The LAST thing we need is more promotions, there are more people running around now with rank than we possibly need. We need more deputies on the street. Period. We need less promotions. Do you people have any idea what the budget is going to look like in a year or two??? The economy is going to collaspe here in Florida, because a huge portion of it was based on the housing market. No matter what the real estate "professionals" claim, the prices are going to continue to fall dramatically. Tax revenue is going to drop like nothing this area has ever seen, and our 500 million dollar budget is going to face a major, major shortage.

We can’t put more deputies on the road if we don’t have the supervisors to supervise them. We need to stop cutting law enforcement positions and start cutting civilian positions. There are more civilians working at the PBSO then there are sworn. Many of them are not needed. Does every admin lieutenant and captain really need their own personal secretary? Did the Sheriff really need to give his secretary the title of section manager? Do we really need all the steno girls transcribing reports. People can cry all they want that we have to much brass, but they are necessary. I agree that the budget needs to be cut, but law enforcement positions should not be sacrificed over civilian ones. The PBSO's first responsibilities are law enforcement, corrections and court security. The civilians are support staff and nonessential personnel. They need to be thinned out to the minimum. We could cut tens of millions off the budget easyily if all the wasteful civilian positions were cut. Many of them sit around all day socializing and doing nothing. At least 1/3 of all civilian positions could be cut.

12-18-2010, 04:44 AM
The race card promotions have to stop people. She was not #1 on the list. She was far from it and that is why enough is enough. Stop it with these promotions. Complete absurdity coming on here talking about major position, 2 captains, 2 lieutenants, 2 sergeants. Where are you dreaming this stuff up at? The north region is no longer and I challenge anyone to find a captain or lieutenant position available, much less 2. We cannot hire more deputies without promoting more brass? You are waaaaaaay out of touch with reality pal.

12-18-2010, 02:48 PM
The race card promotions have to stop people. She was not #1 on the list. She was far from it and that is why enough is enough. Stop it with these promotions. Complete absurdity coming on here talking about major position, 2 captains, 2 lieutenants, 2 sergeants. Where are you dreaming this stuff up at? The north region is no longer and I challenge anyone to find a captain or lieutenant position available, much less 2. We cannot hire more deputies without promoting more brass? You are waaaaaaay out of touch with reality pal.

Nobody said she was number 1 on the list, but she is currently # 1 and that is all that matters. I don't know where you get your information, but the north region is not dead. 1 major = 1 captain = 1 lieutenant = 1 sergeant. In addition, they are still secretly offering buyouts and people are turning it in as we speak. Already spoke to 1 captain who has submitted his. If the paperwork is submitted now then the position is open now. It doesn't matter when he actually leaves. Per the contract, the positions have to be filled off this current list. What we don't need is a chief deputy position, but we do need a North Region Major. The problem is everything in this place is done in the dark.

12-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Duh......most CORRUPTION is done in the dark. This place is so flagrant that it is done even in low light.

12-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Newsflash here rocket-scientists: the contract does not apply to captains and above, they can hold those positions til the cows come home.

12-19-2010, 04:21 AM
The current administration had an opportunity to make history. L.H would have been the very first black law enforcement Lt in the history of this great agency. With all the recent civil rights lawsuit lost by this administration, the promotion of LH to Lt would appear to the public we as an agency is trying to implement change. The real issue is how in the world we consider ourselves a top notch agency in the coming year 2011 and our agency doesn't mirror the populace with diversity in law enforcent.

12-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Who cares. We already mirror the population with the idiots we have recently promoted. I am sure if you analyze the idiots in we have in upper management to the idiots we have in the county there would be an exact representation. Besides we are 1 over for lieutenant now and don't need another one who doesn't know their arse from a hole in the ground. All the positions for idiot lieutenants who cant work the road are already occupied. We are just gonna have to wait for someone more qualified off the new list. Sorry Charlie.

12-19-2010, 11:38 AM
In response to the "idiot savant" I would only reply: You seem to be the only one not considered an "idiot". All the ones recently promoted and all the ones in "upper management", plus all the "idiot lieutenants" on the road.... Gee, if only we could harness the energy you expend insulting everyone on this anonymous forum and had the superior intellect you possess, just think what this agency could acheive.
It's a miracle that individuals like you have so much to say in an anonymous forum and generally have so little to say when it comes time to stand up and be counted. Why not try a new approach? How about writing positive things about others. In that miniscule brain, try to get your synapses to trigger in a friendly and sociable way. There is a wealth of value in those working for the agency at all levels and I see it every day. Deputies and civilians doing positive things, helping others less fortunate, solving crimes, returning family heirlooms, stopping violence and making this a better place to live.
Of course there are a few idiots who believe they are superior to everyone and can only ridicule others. A few have found their way to this forum and have made a mockery out of what good the site has the opportunity to be. If you are that angry, that disillusioned and that frustrated with this job, I suggest you find another or at the very least seek professional counseling that could help with all the anger you display.

12-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Mrs. "Disappointed". Get your head out of your butt. you can/t possibly be serious with your comments above. If you read your words one day a few years from now you will be humiliated.

12-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Mrs. "Disappointed". Get your head out of your butt. you can/t possibly be serious with your comments above. If you read your words one day a few years from now you will be humiliated.

Why would anybody feel humiliated for wanting the right thing done. L.H. has worked in many units in this agency and is qualified. She represents a portion of the population that is currently unrepresented in the ranks of LE Lieutenant and above. She is # 1 on the list and the spots are open now. She should be promoted. What is wrong is waiting to promote people after the new year just to avoid promoting certain people. She should be promoted and assigned out west. Her presence out there is greatly needed. She could help fascilitate relations between the community and the S.O.

12-20-2010, 03:05 AM
LH is going to be promoted at the last hour. Demario is going to north region and Strenges is moving up for his last eight months for all of his hard work and dedication. Andrews will move to captain and preishel is leaving district one to be captain. Preishel is going to district three with diberdino and calloway is going to cdo's. Later next year bechtal is going up to major and kirshener is going to captain.

12-20-2010, 07:11 AM
Who will replace Lt Preschiel at District 1 if he makes captain?

12-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Wow. I will have to right all of the wrongs I have committed by first apologizing to all of the idiots out there I have offended even the ones in admin positions cause I left them out before. A previous poster alleged I was not saying anything positive. I will change that starting right this very moment. I will do one even better. I will be politically correct too. But this is my first time being positive so here it goes. LH gets dressed and shows up to work when the schedule says, but so does my mentally challenged bagboy at Publix. Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Sorry I tried. I---------------- just couldn't do it. I mean what do you expect out of me. All I can do is tell it like it is and if you don't like it, tough. Next time spend more time studying and less time complaining and tell your village to quit calling we are not looking for you and are not taking you home. And if you are having difficulty coming to grips with the situation then go buy a SMARTphone cause there is an APP for that.

12-21-2010, 10:28 PM
LH is going to be promoted at the last hour. Demario is going to north region and Strenges is moving up for his last eight months for all of his hard work and dedication. Andrews will move to captain and preishel is leaving district one to be captain. Preishel is going to district three with diberdino and calloway is going to cdo's. Later next year bechtal is going up to major and kirshener is going to captain.

How do you come up with this stuff?

12-22-2010, 12:17 AM
Sadly, middle and high schools across the nation are dealing with kids who are "cyber bullies" who attack others with vileness and lies. Those bullies are kids who don't have the maturity to know different. Maybe some of them have made it to this forum and are now attacking working folks at the agency. You know those who do their jobs, are too busy to bash others on a forum and when they do write on a forum...have something constructive to say.

12-27-2010, 02:11 PM

Unfortunately she does not fit this admin's mold of what they say a lieutenant should be.

12-27-2010, 06:26 PM

Unfortunately she does not fit this admin's mold of what they say a lieutenant should be.

You mean because she can barely read and write English?

12-27-2010, 07:11 PM
I would suggest she sue. After all it would be an easy win. Other's have already sued 'B' over similar stuff and have won. From what I heard there's a similar suit going on right now. Just make sure you do it before he finishes his last term. He needs to squirm on stand.

12-27-2010, 09:56 PM
The last poster again has no clue. The female sergeant whose number finally rose to the top of the lieutenant's list cannot be promoted as there is no open position. It matters not what race, gender or any other element for consideration. The fact is...there is no opening. If there was, she would be promoted. She is an intelligent sergeant who like all of us, excels in some areas and not in others. Personally, I think she would make an admirable lieutenant, however, there is no open position so the issue is mute.
The encouragement to sue sounds like the person who is already is in litagation for perceived wrongs. Wrongs that were developed by the person's poor choices. Wait til that litagation cranks up and the histories are revealed. The plaintiff is far from innocent in the personal and behavioral choices made historically.
So, quit being a cyber bully, quit spreading negative trivial nonsense and try doing your job. The success you acheive from a job well done, outshines what little pleasure you derive from belittling others by posting anonymously on this or other sites.

12-27-2010, 11:02 PM
The last poster again has no clue. The female sergeant whose number finally rose to the top of the lieutenant's list cannot be promoted as there is no open position. It matters not what race, gender or any other element for consideration. The fact is...there is no opening. If there was, she would be promoted. She is an intelligent sergeant who like all of us, excels in some areas and not in others. Personally, I think she would make an admirable lieutenant, however, there is no open position so the issue is mute.
The encouragement to sue sounds like the person who is already is in litagation for perceived wrongs. Wrongs that were developed by the person's poor choices. Wait til that litagation cranks up and the histories are revealed. The plaintiff is far from innocent in the personal and behavioral choices made historically.
So, quit being a cyber bully, quit spreading negative trivial nonsense and try doing your job. The success you acheive from a job well done, outshines what little pleasure you derive from belittling others by posting anonymously on this or other sites.

Do you feel bullied? Let the jury decide if there were no positions available. It will be interesting to see. All of it is public record.. It would be easy to obtain the records of the people that retired, were promoted, took the buy out and all the positions that were "officially and unofficially" created or shuffled around. You can say all you want that there is no position available, but we will see. I'm sure that there are no shortage of attorneys that would jump on this case 'probono'. It might be the best thing for her if she is overlooked. She might be in for a bigger payday then if she was promoted.

12-27-2010, 11:27 PM
That day is coming. The sky is falling. The fog and his mustachioed owl friend have created and made as many jobs and assignments and promotions for whomever they owed for a long time. This time, we'll just see, won't we.

12-28-2010, 12:31 PM
According to researchers at Wake Forest University, the University of Nebraska, and Washington University in St. Louis found that individuals who rated their peers positively -- as being trustworthy, nice, and emotionally stable--reported greater life satisfaction, with less depression and better work habits. On the other hand, those who always have negative opinions of others were more apt to be disagreeable, antisocial and narcisstic.
In other words, we learn alot about others by listening or reading what they post...anonymously. Sad to say, there are some miserable people who hide in the shadows and attack others by using anonymous forums to ridicule and belittle others. Gee, what kink of image to you conjure of the person who does this?

12-28-2010, 02:25 PM
According to researchers at Wake Forest University, the University of Nebraska, and Washington University in St. Louis found that individuals who rated their peers positively -- as being trustworthy, nice, and emotionally stable--reported greater life satisfaction, with less depression and better work habits. On the other hand, those who always have negative opinions of others were more apt to be disagreeable, antisocial and narcisstic.
In other words, we learn alot about others by listening or reading what they post...anonymously. Sad to say, there are some miserable people who hide in the shadows and attack others by using anonymous forums to ridicule and belittle others. Gee, what kink of image to you conjure of the person who does this?

Gee... Isn't that what your doing? Who is attacking who? But, your justified right? I don't see you posting your name. Aren't you hiding in the shadows posting anonymously and negatively about somebody else? Your obviously somebody in this administration. Why don't you and the rest of them do us all a favor and just go away and take your self righteousness with you.

12-29-2010, 02:43 AM
Ex-West Palm police officer wins discrimination suit, but amount he can recover not resolved

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ex-west-palm-police-officer-wins-discrimination-suit-479472.html

12-29-2010, 02:44 AM
SHERIFF-ELECT PLANS TO MEET WITH LEADERS ON DIVERSITY

http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/palm-beach-post/mi_8163/is_20041105/sheriff-elect-plans-meet-leaders/ai_n51853049/?tag=content;col1

12-29-2010, 02:45 AM
EX-CHIEF RAPS OFFICERS AWARDED IN BIAS CASE

http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/palm-beach-post/mi_8163/is_20040721/raps-officers-awarded-bias/ai_n51842106/?tag=content;col1

12-29-2010, 03:10 AM
I believe that the Sheriff will do the right thing and promote her. Opportunities to create diversity within the agency don't come along very often. It's not about affirmative action. She earned her spot on the list and she is next in line. We all know how positions are created or shuffled around at the drop of a hat. If the Sheriff can create a section manager position for his secretary then he can surely find a away to promote a needed lieutenant. It wouldn't be much of a pay raise for her and it would create positive relations within the community and go a long way to boost his reputation among the minority community. This is common sense. Every segment of the community should, if possible, have representation by their public servants. She should be promoted and assigned out west where she is known within the community and could provide a necessary bridge between the western communities and the PBSO. Even if there is no position for her now, 1 over is not going to create a catastrophe. The good by far out weighs the bad.

12-29-2010, 05:45 AM
This nonsense must stop at once. There are no LT openings and she is not needed. Where are you dreaming this stuff up at? We have diversity and to say that it doesn't come along all of the time is an absolute slap in the face to the minorities in our department. What does that statement mean? They don't put themselves in a place for promotion very often so we better hurry up and drop everything we are doing and promote them even if a position doesn't exist? Really? This list will expire in just a few days and it needs to. We have gone down far enough on the list. We are getting towards bottom of barell now. There are many good candidates on next list to choose from.

12-29-2010, 11:08 AM
The only reason that somebody would protest so much in order to prevent somebody else from being promoted is out of jealousy. Nobody on the list is bottom of the barrel. Those that past the initial test and made it through are the crème of the crop. Those that did not pass the test and got filtered out of the process are the bottom of the barrel.

12-30-2010, 11:11 PM
UNLESS OF COURSE THE FOGMEISTER SNEAKS THE FILE AND PENCILS 'FOG' ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT HAND CORNER AND GITS ER DONE. SHE HAS TO UNDERSTAND IT MAY COST HER A YEARS WORTH OF GROCERIES.

12-31-2010, 08:15 PM
Jealousy sounds like a product of Outcome Based Education...... EVERYBODY GETS A STAR!!!!!

01-01-2011, 11:30 AM
I heard she got the call that she will be promoted in the next round. If thats true then congrats. You go girl!

01-02-2011, 04:10 PM
congratulations Linda

01-02-2011, 07:41 PM
congratulations Linda

Congrats on what? She didn't get promoted

01-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Amazing what lengths people will go through to make their point known on something. Now we are congratulating on promotions that arent even taken place. Im going to pull a Rick Scott people. Let's get to work.

01-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Amazing what lengths people will go through to make their point known on something. Now we are congratulating on promotions that arent even taken place. Im going to pull a Rick Scott people. Let's get to work.

She's getting promoted on the 12th numnuts! Lawsuits are a very powerful thing. Just ask howel, veccia, kronsberger, burke.

01-02-2011, 11:42 PM

She's getting promoted on the 12th numnuts! Lawsuits are a very powerful thing. Just ask howel, veccia, kronsberger, burke.

You're an idiot, NUMBNUTS! The old list is dead, she's not getting promoted, get over it!

01-03-2011, 12:09 AM
You mean you can't see the "FOG" that was erased on the lower right hand corner of her HR jacket? lol

01-03-2011, 01:25 AM

You're an idiot, NUMBNUTS! The old list is dead, she's not getting promoted, get over it!

It is quite obvious you are learning impaired. READ YOUR PBA CONTRACT.

"Promotion eligibility lists shall remain in effect and may be utilized for promotions for two (2) years. Vacancies that occur after expiration of a list but prior to certification of a new list shall be filled from the new list. Vacancies that occur prior to the expiration of a promotional eligibility list will be filled from the list existing at the time of the vacancy in accordance with this Article."

Her attorney presented a letter to the Sheriff of her intent to sue. The Sheriff settled the suit before the filing in court papers. Magically a vacancy was found in the agency and Linda gets her bars on the 12th. Sorry Johnson you'll have to wait a bit longer.

01-03-2011, 02:54 AM
The current administration had an opportunity to make history. L.H would have been the very first black law enforcement Lt in the history of this great agency. With all the recent civil rights lawsuit lost by this administration, the promotion of LH to Lt would appear to the public we as an agency is trying to implement change. The real issue is how in the world we consider ourselves a top notch agency in the coming year 2011 and our agency doesn't mirror the populace with diversity in law enforcent.

So, what you are saying is that if there are two candidates, one white and one black, and the white one is more qualified, the position should be given to L.H. simply because she is black? Is that it? Now, you tout that it would be making history. So, let me get this straight:

You want her promoted based on her race. What if they promoted a white person solely based on their race? How would that feel? Well, that absurd sugggestion that she be promoted because she is balck makes YOU a racist, Sir. Yes... YOU a racist.

The second thing if SHE takes a position, knowing she is not as qualified as a white person... she has allowed herself to be the proverbial "token negro" of the agency, paraded in front of the world to see, Ric shouting, "Lookie here, lookie here. We have a black person we promoted. Not because she was the most qualified person for the job, but because she is black."

Furthermore, I guess hard work doesn't pay off anymore. If a white person works hard to be at the top of their game, they can come in second to any black person who hasn't worked hard. Hmmm... where have I heard of whites working hard to provide for minorities? Oh... that's right... the Welfare system. Very nice. The entitlement mentality that some groups of minorities have is simply astonishing. And it's not hispanics. As a whole, they bust their butts, don't complain and work for everything they get. We already know what this agency gets for helping minorities... they kept that clown Howell (they would have never kept a white or hispanic guy waving a gun around and getting arrested for being a drunk piece of crap and then giving the gun to some other piece of crap to hide it) and it bit them in the rear. Think he was grateful for keeping his job? Nope.

How about this: Let the hardest workers and the most qualified candidates rise to the top, no matter their color, religion or gender. I think that sounds like a pretty good idea, myself.

01-03-2011, 09:13 AM

So, what you are saying is that if there are two candidates, one white and one black, and the white one is more qualified, the position should be given to L.H. simply because she is black? Is that it? Now, you tout that it would be making history. So, let me get this straight:

You want her promoted based on her race. What if they promoted a white person solely based on their race? How would that feel? Well, that absurd sugggestion that she be promoted because she is balck makes YOU a racist, Sir. Yes... YOU a racist.

The second thing if SHE takes a position, knowing she is not as qualified as a white person... she has allowed herself to be the proverbial "token negro" of the agency, paraded in front of the world to see, Ric shouting, "Lookie here, lookie here. We have a black person we promoted. Not because she was the most qualified person for the job, but because she is black."

Furthermore, I guess hard work doesn't pay off anymore. If a white person works hard to be at the top of their game, they can come in second to any black person who hasn't worked hard. Hmmm... where have I heard of whites working hard to provide for minorities? Oh... that's right... the Welfare system. Very nice. The entitlement mentality that some groups of minorities have is simply astonishing. And it's not hispanics. As a whole, they bust their butts, don't complain and work for everything they get. We already know what this agency gets for helping minorities... they kept that clown Howell (they would have never kept a white or hispanic guy waving a gun around and getting arrested for being a drunk piece of crap and then giving the gun to some other piece of crap to hide it) and it bit them in the rear. Think he was grateful for keeping his job? Nope.

How about this: Let the hardest workers and the most qualified candidates rise to the top, no matter their color, religion or gender. I think that sounds like a pretty good idea, myself.

You're filled with anger my firend. Look, she's number one on the list, the agency has a histroy of "institutional" discrimination (if you don't understand that meaning, please do us all a favor and read up on it before you type off to the sun set), and there have been "made" lieutenants in the past "just because" or other reasons when it was apparent there were no actual vacancies. She has every right to sue. It is not fair to make exceptions for certain situations, but not others.

I think Sheriff Bradshaw knows it is too risky at this point less than 2 years before the election to have a headline about racist discrimination. This was something he had to deal with in the elections past and could resurface in a very big way. So, settling the issue before it becomes a legal fight was a politically smart thing to do. Also, she is more qualified in my opinion than several others promoted off of this same list and the previous lists.

So, now, go ahead and reply with coded racial hatred comments attacking this position or Linda. Remember hate leads to more hate and abuses of authority.

01-03-2011, 02:27 PM
So, let me get this straight, because I want to make sure I understand completely- what all of you are saying is this: LH and her cronies are upset because she didn't get promoted, even though there is no vacancy. So, LH and her cronies get a shyster to present a letter to the Sheriff threatening to sue over the non-existent position and further threatening that if he he doesn't bow down to her then there will be oodles of negative publicity about the Sheriff's purported racism, all arranged, of course by LH and her supporters through press conferences, "leaks" to news sources, and testimonials, ad nauseum, from one "victim" of his racism after another. Of course, if the Sheriff "magically finds" (you know- creates) a position for her then all of the supposed racism that she and her cronies have been exposed to over the years "magically goes away", (you know- never occurred in the first place). Just wanted to make sure that I understood, because it pretty much sounds like LH and her cronies are trying to "extort", (you know- commit a crime) the Sheriff by threatening to try to derail his re-election by spouting these unsubstantiated (and untrue) allegations of racism. All of the above really shows LH's true colors and only substantiates the fact that she is totally unsuited and unqualified for any position of authority or trust withg this department. All respect I had for her from my dealings with her over the years has now completely evaporated. I would like to thank the above posters for showing what a phoney and a poser LH really is.

01-03-2011, 09:38 PM
You have got to be kidding. This ain't nothing that hasn't been going on for years in PBSO. This just happens to be a B/F so we are getting all jittery? How do you think the term FOG came about? Look around you. See any oak leafs on anybody and the shirt still has corporal chevron threads showing. No? Oh, I forgot, PBSO gives everybody all they want in quartermaster supplies and uniforms. Look closely at promotions and assignments currently happening and have happened since Mr. Owl Man and #2.

01-04-2011, 01:59 AM
There they go again- the moderators taking down anything they don't agree with. Why should we be surprised? What a bunch of bootlickers

01-04-2011, 02:43 AM
The contract should not be violated. When there are positions open they should be filled off the list that is active at the time of the vacancy. Nothing else is acceptable. It is time that people in this agency live up to the values that they preach. Playing shell games to avoid promoting certain people demonstrates a lack of integrity and it cannot be tolerated. You cannot subject people to a promotional process and then change the rules of the game to suit your objective. This has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with fairness. LH was at the top of the list. There were vacancies and she deserved to be promoted. Lets start the new year with a resolution to do the right thing and avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

01-04-2011, 12:00 PM
The contract should not be violated. When there are positions open they should be filled off the list that is active at the time of the vacancy. Nothing else is acceptable. It is time that people in this agency live up to the values that they preach. Playing shell games to avoid promoting certain people demonstrates a lack of integrity and it cannot be tolerated. You cannot subject people to a promotional process and then change the rules of the game to suit your objective. This has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with fairness. LH was at the top of the list. There were vacancies and she deserved to be promoted. Lets start the new year with a resolution to do the right thing and avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

There are no vacancies, and all the whining about racism and favoritism won't change that fact. LH and her supporters need to get over it. Creating a position for her out of nowhere, just because she's a B/F is itself racist, but I guess the kind of racism that benefits her is ok, huh?

01-04-2011, 11:08 PM
PBSO is not even close to fairness, integrity, honesty and a culture of clean and ethical behavior. Who do you think makes that wonderful examination you take? Who writes and/or approves the questions? Who then grades it and creates the "list"? LOL Until this outfit decides to really step up and hire and promote and assign in total fairness and opens its process to scrutiny of the public or other commisions or boards, we will not improve. We have too many years of entrenched corruption to climb out ourselves. We need a lightning bolt and then to be handled very closely and watchful by governing entity until we can be trusted to administrate our internal systems with fairness and honesty and integrity. We start by voting out the current administration on Gun Club Road.

01-06-2011, 01:52 AM
Sounds like a case of sour grapes to me. When was the last time such a big deal was made over someone dying on the list after many promotions had already been made? If you want to get promoted and you didn't do very well in a process wouldn't it be a good idea to get back in the game and try again? Since you didn't do that well in that process even with the help of all of the possible education points that you could get, did you study harder and do better this time? I haven't looked at the list but I'm sure that you are in a better position this time around. Let's not condemn the organization and subject ourselves to being victims. How about taking responsibility for our own shortcomings and come to the realization that there were many other candidates that were either more qualified, had more experience, or just performed much better when it counted.

01-06-2011, 03:03 AM
Sounds like a case of sour grapes to me. When was the last time such a big deal was made over someone dying on the list after many promotions had already been made? If you want to get promoted and you didn't do very well in a process wouldn't it be a good idea to get back in the game and try again? Since you didn't do that well in that process even with the help of all of the possible education points that you could get, did you study harder and do better this time? I haven't looked at the list but I'm sure that you are in a better position this time around. Let's not condemn the organization and subject ourselves to being victims. How about taking responsibility for our own shortcomings and come to the realization that there were many other candidates that were either more qualified, had more experience, or just performed much better when it counted.

Let me explain it to you since you asked. The reason that such a big deal is being made this time is because, this is the first time that there is a clause in the collective bargaining agreement that says vacancies have to be filled by the list current at the time of the vacancy. That has not been true in the past as the clause was added prior to the last list. The sheriff agreed to the contract and now should abide by it. None of you know whether or not a position existed and therefore should not comment. She was number 1 on the list and has every right to inquire as to whether or not a position existed at the time the list was active. She also has every right to challenge it. Every single person in her position would do the exact same thing. Stop being jealous. The contract is for our benefit and should be complied with at all cost. Do any of you nay sayers no for a fact that no position exists. Let me explain something to you. If a position was temporarily cut due to budget constraints, and not permanently dissolved, then when it is reinstated it needs to be filled by the list that was current when the position went vacant. If the position is permanently disolved then that would be a different story. Permanently disolved meaning never ever filled again. It doesn't matter if the position is filled a year later. You may disagree, but that is up to an arbitrator or jury to decide.

01-06-2011, 03:20 AM
Slow down there and not so fast there cowboy. I don't know if anyone can say whether there was a vacancy or not but I don't believe that the sheriff would just not follow the contract. Management has rights to determine whether a vacancy exists or not. Don't get too hung up on this CBA. It is a rarity when someone does not die on a promotional list. That has been happening for the 25+ years that I have been with this agency. She has a right to challenge like anyone else but these situations do not typically end up in arbitration or in front of a jury. If you doubt what I'm saying just provide us with the information on the last one that filed suit over something like this. The CBA is here to help provide clarity to management and the members but lets not forget that management determines what vacancies exist and what positions need to be filled. LH, nor anyone else, is going to hold this department hostage in trying to make any forced promotions. The new list is in effect and there are many qualified candidates to choose from when vacancies do occur sometime in the future.

01-06-2011, 06:03 AM
Nobody is trying to hold anybody hostage or force anybody to make promotions. It really doesn't affect me as to whether or not she gets promoted. I have a few years left and then I'm out of here. I'm merely pointing out the facts. The clause was put into the contract to prevent abuses that have happened in the past. On prior lists there have been those that have died on the list even though a vacancy existed. The clause was merely put in there to prevent that from happening. It was put there to keep things fair. But we all know that the admin can find a way to circumvent any portion of the contract.

This is the first time in the history of this agency that a clause was placed into the CBA that dictates that promotions will be made from the list that exists at the time of the vacancy. It doesn't get any clearer. That is why there isn't any precident for situations like this. In addition, a violation of any portion of the contract is a cause for grievance. Sure the admin has the right to say what vacancies exist or not. However their motives as to why can be called into question. If you have been here as long as you say you have, then you have personally witnessed the abuses. The contract was put in place in order to move beyond that. If a position exists then promote her. If there isn't one then don't. I really don't care. But she should have the right to question the issue and grieve if necessary.

01-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Nobody is trying to hold anybody hostage or force anybody to make promotions. It really doesn't affect me as to whether or not she gets promoted. I have a few years left and then I'm out of here. I'm merely pointing out the facts. The clause was put into the contract to prevent abuses that have happened in the past. On prior lists there have been those that have died on the list even though a vacancy existed. The clause was merely put in there to prevent that from happening. It was put there to keep things fair. But we all know that the admin can find a way to circumvent any portion of the contract.

This is the first time in the history of this agency that a clause was placed into the CBA that dictates that promotions will be made from the list that exists at the time of the vacancy. It doesn't get any clearer. That is why there isn't any precident for situations like this. In addition, a violation of any portion of the contract is a cause for grievance. Sure the admin has the right to say what vacancies exist or not. However their motives as to why can be called into question. If you have been here as long as you say you have, then you have personally witnessed the abuses. The contract was put in place in order to move beyond that. If a position exists then promote her. If there isn't one then don't. I really don't care. But she should have the right to question the issue and grieve if necessary.

She should be Looking at the recent move of that L.T. from Lake worth to D7. The vacancy was filled by a Merger L.T. instead of off the list. Good luck Linda.

01-07-2011, 01:16 PM
The slot in D7 was being filled by Wagner. He is on FMLA not retired. Lake Worth has been here 2 years as of Oct 1. They can move freely now. Thus, there were no openings. Lt. O'B is where the list was finished. This is not the first time the CBA was violated nor willit be the last time. Just get used to it!

01-07-2011, 04:16 PM

Let me explain it to you since you asked. The reason that such a big deal is being made this time is because, this is the first time that there is a clause in the collective bargaining agreement that says vacancies have to be filled by the list current at the time of the vacancy. That has not been true in the past as the clause was added prior to the last list. The sheriff agreed to the contract and now should abide by it. None of you know whether or not a position existed and therefore should not comment. She was number 1 on the list and has every right to inquire as to whether or not a position existed at the time the list was active. She also has every right to challenge it. Every single person in her position would do the exact same thing. Stop being jealous. The contract is for our benefit and should be complied with at all cost. Do any of you nay sayers no for a fact that no position exists. Let me explain something to you. If a position was temporarily cut due to budget constraints, and not permanently dissolved, then when it is reinstated it needs to be filled by the list that was current when the position went vacant. If the position is permanently disolved then that would be a different story. Permanently disolved meaning never ever filled again. It doesn't matter if the position is filled a year later. You may disagree, but that is up to an arbitrator or jury to decide.

LOL its not the first time. I told you all a few years ago when this very thing happened while actively under the cba and everyone laughed it off. Vacancies were not filled with the active list and people died on the list instead of getting their deserved promotions. The complaint was ignored by the sheriff and blown off by the pba. This is nothing new so don't think for a second its some revelation. Its happened time and time again...

01-08-2011, 04:11 PM
YET ANOTHER FINE EXAMPLE OF HOW KAZ AND THE PBA DOESN'T DO A DAMN THING EXCEPT WHAT SERVES THEIR NEEDS AND PURPOSES ! ! THEY CONSISTENTLY REMAIN SILENT AND REFUSE TO FIGHT FOR WHATS RIGHT ! ! ITS WILL BE THE SAME AS YOUR NEW GOVERNOR RAPES AND DESTROYS OR FRS PENSIONS. THE PBA WILL REMAIN SILENT AND NOT DO SQUAT TO FIGHT IT.

01-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Silly to fight it. Look at us and look at the rest of the working class Florida taxpayers. We are not professionals - not PBSO - we are blue-collar. Our salaries are way out of line for the present circumstances as are our pensions. Why should we look even more greedy and start screaming. Better take our lumps and allow our salaries and pensions to become more reasonable and honest in terms of what we actually do.

01-14-2011, 06:45 AM
Did LH get promoted today?

01-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Did LH get promoted today?

No, because there aren't any lt vacancies

01-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Well, there is a Lieutenant's position open now....

01-19-2011, 12:04 AM

Yes there is, and thankfully it will be filled off of the new list!

01-19-2011, 08:24 AM

No sir-ree. The vacancy for captain existed in 2010, so LH will be promoted per the CBA. Congratulations Lieutenant Linda Hamilton!

01-19-2011, 01:03 PM
[quote="Lieutenant's position":2omphhyx]Well, there is a Lieutenant's position open now....

No sir-ree. The vacancy for captain existed in 2010, so LH will be promoted per the CBA. Congratulations Lieutenant Linda Hamilton! [/quote:2omphhyx]

Doesn't matter. Capatins are not covered by the CBA. The vacancy for Lt occurred in 2011. Congrats to whomever off the new list!

01-19-2011, 01:24 PM
[quote="Lieutenant's position":18ca00ti]Well, there is a Lieutenant's position open now....

No sir-ree. The vacancy for captain existed in 2010, so LH will be promoted per the CBA. Congratulations Lieutenant Linda Hamilton!

Doesn't matter. Capatins are not covered by the CBA. The vacancy for Lt occurred in 2011. Congrats to whomever off the new list![/quote:18ca00ti]

If a Captain position existed then also did a Lieutenant and a Sergeant. This is a chain of command. LH should be the next Lieutenant promoted or she would have a valid grievance. A valid question to ask is, why was the position made after the end of the year? What benefit did it have for the agency? Was it made 2 weeks after the end of the year in order to avoid promoting certain people? However, this is all speculation and the sheriff is very familiar with the contract. We don't know exactly what is going on. I would be shocked if he would deliberately try to circumvent the contract. I expect that she will be promoted and she may already have gotten the word. We will just have to wait and see.

01-19-2011, 03:13 PM
If she didnt treat people the way she sometimes does, maybe this wouldnt have happened

01-27-2011, 11:49 AM
What an azzclown.

01-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Listen folks:

1. This is a RIght to Work State. Unions are paper tigers and mean nothing in the end...
2. The County Commissioners will be taking more money away from the budget. Taking not negotiating to take. No more threats of going to the governor to get the money because this governor is going to side with the Commish
3. Lay-offs are inevitable so there will probably be reductions in rank before there are more promotions. This is the trend nationwide for robust agency's with a lot of dead weight.
4. The last thing this agency needs is more supervisory ranks. The watch commanders trip and stumble all over themselves as do the sergeants and then throw in a Captain or two as command duty officer.

One poster mentioned chain of command. Therein lies the problem. Some of the links can easily be eliminated and the job will still get done, just without a couple of hefty salaries standing around to make notification phone calls. All of the administrative staff have nice little county paid phones with all of the bells and whistles of email and stuff so why do we need such a defined chain of command when a simple email can suffice for notification. The presence of command staff at the scene or sitting in a lounge chair will never change the outcome anyway.

Trim the fat because the PBC Commish is fixin' to slice and dice FIre and the Sheriff's budgets. The PBA seems to be a deaf mute these days - wonder why?

02-02-2011, 03:48 PM
L if your are suing then good for you. Subpoena every record you can and take it to court. You will win without a doubt. Does anybody know why the sheriff waited 27 days after the expiration of the previous list to promote another captain? Did anybody retire? Will the Sheriff be promoting another lieutenant anytime soon? Did he wait to make the promotion because he wanted to avoid promoting certain people.?. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then you have to believe it is a duck. I’m pretty sure a jury will see it as a duck as they have in the past.

02-04-2011, 01:00 AM
HAHAHA.....the only thing I will say is you are obviously an idiot. Refer to general orders and the CBA (thats means collective bargaining agreement) for the less intelligent...like yourself.