PDA

View Full Version : Trooper Arrested in St Lucie--- Sig 1

12-15-2010, 05:09 PM
FHP trooper charged with DUI while on duty in Port St. Lucie
Comments 0
December 15, 2010 9:48 AM
WPEC-CBS12.com
PORT ST. LUCIE -- A Florida Highway Patrol trooper was arrested for DUI while on duty Tuesday, according to the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office.

Lisa A. Orshowitz, 36, failed a field sobriety test at the St. Lucie County Courthouse prior to her arrest.

Orshowitz was in her patrol car 10 AM Tuesday when hit a curb, causing a flat tire. She stopped at the courthouse and radioed for assistance. According to a report filed in support of her arrest, a trooper said Orshowitz's words sounded slurred.

When troopers arrived, they described her as pale faced with bloodshot eyes and uneasy on her feet. She told her colleagues she took an extra sleeping pill before she went to bed about 1 a.m. Troopers said she lost her balance on the sobriety tests and had trouble touching her nose.

After she was placed in the back seat of a trooper's car, Orshowitz threatened to have him fired and to sue FHP for false arrest, according to the trooper's report

Read more: http://www.cbs12.com/articles/lucie-473 ... z18CWheAaP (http://www.cbs12.com/articles/lucie-4730073-dui-trooper.html#ixzz18CWheAaP)

12-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Hey, it's the holiday season, what do you expect?!

12-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Well, as with everyone else here, we don't have all of the facts and only am relying on a very limited amount of information. But, if true, she is right. All of the charges will be dropped and she will ultimately sue the state (taxpayers). Drug dui charges are almost always dropped or reduced in my judicial district because it is so subjective. Fst's (or whatever they call them in your district) almost always are excluded if performed after a crash-no matter how minor. Alcohol is easy to prove, but drugs are very subjective in that they affect every person differently. Bloodshot eyes don't prove that she was dui, rather it is only a "symptom."

Now, having said that, I wholeheartedly support the on scene Troopers that made the decision to arrest. If she was on duty and arrested by fellow leo's I would almost be 100% sure that she was under the influence. It shows that no-one, even if an leo, gets off from being dui. Good job Troopers!

12-15-2010, 10:22 PM
No successful lawsuit here - If she refused the breathalyzer she can be fired for not fullfilling her job requirements since she has an automatic 90 day hard license suspension from the DMV now after about 45 days when her appeal will be denied if they followed proper protocol.

12-16-2010, 02:44 AM
Will most likely be a walk for her. I would bet it was an FHP supervisor that made the arrest...........one that hasnt made a DUI arrest in a few years. Count on this one to be Reckless at best, but I am thinking it will be dismissed. Since she is a female, she will be promoted and sent to another district.

12-16-2010, 03:44 AM
I get tired of the Women Haters that are on here all the time. Most of the negative posts are about female supervisors, so it must be someone from Troop C (French, Matiza, etc.) The best supervisor I ever had was a woman. It's too bad your Momma didn't give you any titty.

12-16-2010, 03:54 AM
No successful lawsuit here - If she refused the breathalyzer she can be fired for not fullfilling her job requirements since she has an automatic 90 day hard license suspension from the DMV now after about 45 days when her appeal will be denied if they followed proper protocol.

Where did you get that she refused a breathalyzer? Last time I checked a breathalyzer doesn't say whether or not you have drugs in your system, only alcohol. Also, you may want to review the administrative suspension procedures--as your license is not automatically suspended for dui on drugs, only alcohol. Your license for dui on drugs will only be suspended upon conviction (which is ordered by the court). If the dui charge was based on drug(s) alone then her license won't be suspended only if (and thats a big if) she is convicted.

12-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Will most likely be a walk for her. I would bet it was an FHP supervisor that made the arrest...........one that hasnt made a DUI arrest in a few years. Count on this one to be Reckless at best, but I am thinking it will be dismissed. Since she is a female, she will be promoted and sent to another district.

No, she'll be transferred to GHQ with all the other misfits.

12-16-2010, 02:10 PM
Troopers don't know how to change tires these days?

12-16-2010, 03:32 PM
I think everyone is avoiding the obvious question here: Is Lisa hot?

12-16-2010, 07:19 PM
I think everyone is avoiding the obvious question here: Is Lisa hot?

She is HOT! In a SHREK sort of way!

12-16-2010, 11:15 PM
Too bad we can't care of our own anymore. I've been a cop for 28 years and wouldn't even think about arresting her. Jesus Troop do you not have any compassion at all? At the very least try to help one of your own? Nice job to the person who decided to arrest her, sleep well tonight..........

12-16-2010, 11:40 PM

Where did you get that she refused a breathalyzer? Last time I checked a breathalyzer doesn't say whether or not you have drugs in your system, only alcohol. Also, you may want to review the administrative suspension procedures--as your license is not automatically suspended for dui on drugs, only alcohol. Your license for dui on drugs will only be suspended upon conviction (which is ordered by the court). If the dui charge was based on drug(s) alone then her license won't be suspended only if (and thats a big if) she is convicted.

I didnt read which one was offered but refusing any test for alcohol (urine or breathalyzer etc.) will get you the 90 day hard suspension. I highly doubt they didnt request a test to check for either alcohol or both (if urine) but you are right a positive drug test only can suspend you in criminal court. A refusal to test suspends you with the DMV or being .08 or higher on your test for alcohol.

12-16-2010, 11:46 PM
A refusal to test period gets you a DMV suspension if protocol was followed properly whether its a breathalyzer, urine test etc that was requested... You can't avoid a DMV refusal to test suspension simply because they thought you were on drugs instead of alcohol that only applies to a person who submits and whose alcohol is below .08 and then the court deals with any positive for drugs.

12-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Too bad we can't care of our own anymore. I've been a cop for 28 years and wouldn't even think about arresting her. Jesus Troop do you not have any compassion at all? At the very least try to help one of your own? Nice job to the person who decided to arrest her, sleep well tonight..........

I agree I can't believe how things have changed especially with the younger crowd. Anything to get attention I guess. This could have been handled differently.

12-17-2010, 12:22 AM

I agree I can't believe how things have changed especially with the younger crowd. Anything to get attention I guess. This could have been handled differently.

So you are ok with a loser holding the same job as yourself? I worked hard to be a cop and have stayed clean my entire life. There is no reason in hell why some loser should be working with me or competing for a position.

12-17-2010, 01:41 AM
The arresting Trooper is a district Captain. That female trooper is the one who put everyone in that terrible situation, not the troopers who had to deal with it. She made us look bad not the other way around.

12-17-2010, 04:39 AM
Is this trooper the one that was married to that trooper in Miami who dressed as a woman?

12-17-2010, 05:30 AM

The arrest was ordered by Lt. Colonel Brierton (also known as Lierton). He has never tried to hide that he's a Female Trooper Hater. He already ordered the District to terminate her. He gets a stiff one when he's able to put it up an FHP woman's a$$.

12-17-2010, 11:47 AM
The obvious question - If you've taken too much medication (be it sleeping pills or tylenol 3 or whatever you've been prescribed), why not just call in sick for the day? If you're in no condition to work, just stay home! I don't get it. If guilty of what is being accused, extremely poor judgement excercised at the very least.

12-17-2010, 01:00 PM
If she took a sleeping pill and was sick they should had just taken her home.
It wasn't like she had 5 margaritas and 2 shots of vodka and went to work.
This was a mistake she made but I guess the FHP brass does not believe in
mistakes unless it involves them then.

That woman's career is ruined now. I wish her luck. I hope she gets a good
attorney and sues the pants off FHP may she can get a good settlement. :devil:

12-17-2010, 02:19 PM

The arrest was ordered by Lt. Colonel Brierton (also known as Lierton). He has never tried to hide that he's a Female Trooper Hater. He already ordered the District to terminate her. He gets a stiff one when he's able to put it up an FHP woman's a$$.

And just think....he's gonna be our next colonel. Somebody better start a new petition to the governor and cabinet asking them NOT to appoint him as colonel.

12-17-2010, 05:24 PM

And just think....he's gonna be our next colonel. Somebody better start a new petition to the governor and cabinet asking them NOT to appoint him as colonel.

If Dave Brierton becomes the next director that means that Jimbo Brierton in troop E will technically be under his brother's command. Isn't there a policy that prohibits family members to supervise one another or does it exclude the Briertons?

Troop Evil... :evil:

12-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Typical Trooper response. Crap on your own until you find out the whole story. No wonder you can work Sig 4s so quick. You don't investigate. Id see if she had taken an Ambien. That sounds like the type of situation Ambien is now famous for. If I worked for you clowns I'd have a hard time sleeping too.

12-17-2010, 08:21 PM
Typical Trooper response. Crap on your own until you find out the whole story. No wonder you can work Sig 4s so quick. You don't investigate. Id see if she had taken an CLICK HERE TO INFECT YOUR COMPUTER WITH A VIRUS. That sounds like the type of situation CLICK HERE TO INFECT YOUR COMPUTER WITH A VIRUS is now famous for. If I worked for you clowns I'd have a hard time sleeping too.

Then stay off our forum you idiot local trooper wannabee.

12-18-2010, 12:17 AM

If Dave Brierton becomes the next director that means that Jimbo Brierton in troop E will technically be under his brother's command. Isn't there a policy that prohibits family members to supervise one another or does it exclude the Briertons?

That one was already settled with the Knights, we all know how badly that one turned out, the Brierton brothers will be even worse and the Knight brothers were a nightmare.
Troop Evil... :evil:

12-18-2010, 02:29 AM
The arrest was made by the District Captain... The same Captain that this Trooper filed a complaint against... and the Lt. that was on scene had a Grievence filed against him for a Hostile Work Environment by this female.... and oh..... the "witness" in all this ?????? the Lt's POS son ! can this be any more messed up ?

IF the SAO files on this THIS ???? it will be a veeeeeerrrryyyyy interresting trial !!!
stand by to see her sue the crap out of FHP.... mighty strange that the Captain is assigned over 45 miles away and showed up on scene....... hmmmmmmmmmmmm

12-18-2010, 03:17 AM
The arrest was made by the District Captain... The same Captain that this Trooper filed a complaint against... and the Lt. that was on scene had a Grievence filed against him for a Hostile Work Environment by this female.... and oh..... the "witness" in all this ?????? the Lt's POS son ! can this be any more messed up ?

IF the SAO files on this THIS ???? it will be a veeeeeerrrryyyyy interresting trial !!!
stand by to see her sue the crap out of FHP.... mighty strange that the Captain is assigned over 45 miles away and showed up on scene....... hmmmmmmmmmmmm

So it sounds like she has a history of filing complaints against her supervisors. Both of which have long, distinguished careers with the patrol. Both of which are very credible witnesses. Neither of which have crashed their patrol car as a result of driving under the influence of drugs.

You are right. It will be interesting.

12-18-2010, 03:22 AM
She was a complete lazy screw up who always called out sick, would lie her ass off saying she was x-50 when a signal 4 came in that lake worth would want to give her, and would sit at home with the AVL.

Her actions on the job came to the point that almost all of her coworkers including myself couldn't stand her, and didn't want to have anything to do with her.

She bought it upon herself.

12-18-2010, 03:39 AM
Then stay off our forum you idiot local trooper wannabee.Guest

Who would want to be a trooper, it's much more fun being a real cop

12-18-2010, 05:00 AM

Anytime a female complains, it is always the female's fault. Black troopers have it no better. Lt. Col. Lierton must be removed.

12-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Then stay off our forum you idiot local trooper wannabee.Guest

Who would want to be a trooper, it's much more fun being a real cop

NYPD? The ones who sodomize a poor black man with a broomstick? The ones who shoot a blackman multiple times when all he had was a wallet in his hand? I could go on and on about NYPD, but why bother?

You should go to your own board and stay out of Florida.

12-18-2010, 03:00 PM
If she took a sleeping pill and was sick they should had just taken her home.
It wasn't like she had 5 margaritas and 2 shots of vodka and went to work.
This was a mistake she made but I guess the FHP brass does not believe in
mistakes unless it involves them then.

That woman's career is ruined now. I wish her luck. I hope she gets a good
attorney and sues the pants off FHP may she can get a good settlement. :devil:

Looking at the circumstances she will never win a lawsuit unless she is terminated and her test results were negative. Did she refuse the test or not ?

If she refused to be tested they are legally sound to fire her once her DMV suspension hearing is over and she has no license for 90 days. They may do it sooner but they are clearly proteceted once her DMV suspension starts if she refused - not sure if she did or not however.

12-18-2010, 04:50 PM

So it sounds like she has a history of filing complaints against her supervisors. Both of which have long, distinguished careers with the patrol. Both of which are very credible witnesses. Neither of which have crashed their patrol car as a result of driving under the influence of drugs.

"Distinguished careers ???? WTF ,, are you kidding me ???? the Lt. has had so many complaints filed against him for Sexual Harrasment, to making jokes about black people,
and black poloce officers..,,, Hostile work environment,, Troopers had to promote or transfer to get away from him !!!!! IF the Captain does not like you you are on the "list" He came from the BOI and screws Troopers every chance he gets. He is a Military wanna be.....If HE was sooo distinguished ,,, why did FHP remove him from THE SRT ?? they are BOTH POS 's

12-23-2010, 04:44 AM

"Distinguished careers ???? WTF ,, are you kidding me ???? the Lt. has had so many complaints filed against him for Sexual Harrasment, to making jokes about black people,
and black poloce officers..,,, Hostile work environment,, Troopers had to promote or transfer to get away from him !!!!! IF the Captain does not like you you are on the "list" He came from the BOI and screws Troopers every chance he gets. He is a Military wanna be.....If HE was sooo distinguished ,,, why did FHP remove him from THE SRT ?? they are BOTH POS 's

I agree. The Captain should go back to driving a wrecker!

12-23-2010, 12:35 PM

Thanks for checking in Lisa, you fat , lazy and crazy piece of crap.

12-23-2010, 08:35 PM

Im guessing this is Captain b. pelton, who is the lt?

12-23-2010, 10:45 PM
She was a complete lazy screw up who always called out sick, would lie her ass off saying she was x-50 when a signal 4 came in that lake worth would want to give her, and would sit at home with the AVL.

Her actions on the job came to the point that almost all of her coworkers including myself couldn't stand her, and didn't want to have anything to do with her.

We must have her identical twin in Troop F. And because the trooper is a female, I can guarantee you NOTHING will be done!

12-23-2010, 10:48 PM

The Captain and the Lieutenant were both in court that morning Lisa. If you weren't so****edup on pills you would have known that.

Karma strikes again. I freaking love it man....

12-23-2010, 10:53 PM
mighty strange that the Captain is assigned over 45 miles away and showed up on scene....... hmmmmmmmmmmmm

And why would the Captain have not shown up? Even if he had been 100 miles away? You have a very high profile situation that the media was going to be all over, so it was only appropriate the agency let someone in a high ranking position handle it!

12-23-2010, 11:49 PM
Bud you should get all the facts before you make these kind of comments.

12-24-2010, 12:28 AM
[quote="South Florida Trooper":160czhio]She was a complete lazy screw up who always called out sick, would lie her ass off saying she was x-50 when a signal 4 came in that lake worth would want to give her, and would sit at home with the AVL.

We must have her identical twin in Troop F. And because the trooper is a female, I can guarantee you NOTHING will be done![/quote:160czhio]

Quit picking on the Naples munchkin Danny C.

12-24-2010, 06:08 AM
I have seen nothing in this thread or in the news media that factually states a crash occurred. Driving a car against a curb and causing a flat is NOT a crash.

12-25-2010, 01:17 PM
It bent the rim almost flat...and she continued to drive it a good 500 feet into a parking place, got out and showed her ass in court because they dismissed her cases because she was two hours late and then tried to get back in her car and leave...

01-21-2011, 04:13 PM
You've got that right!!

The arresting Trooper is a district Captain. That female trooper is the one who put everyone in that terrible situation, not the troopers who had to deal with it. She made us look bad not the other way around.

01-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Maybe if you have any clue of what her other Troopers went through while working with her, you'd think differently!! Again, you do not know all of the facts on her and this is not the place to disclose them either.

01-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Really??? How do you think this should have been handled; sweep it under the rug and wait for her to kill someone????

01-21-2011, 04:25 PM
What a dipshit, he was in SLC when this happened, our Captain works and was in court on this day!!!

01-22-2011, 12:25 PM

Anytime a female complains, it is always the female's fault. Black troopers have it no better. Lt. Col. Lierton must be removed.

if i were u brother i would leave those back stabbers and become a real cop. i can careless how drunk another officer is unless there was an accident involved and not a one car like this one was, then i'm left with no other option. u guys are sad. or u guys just don't like her and want to get rid of her. o yeah ! almost forgot this is redneck town. my bad. i'm sorry sir. i'll get back there to the yard ha ha ha

01-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Typical slug, file a compalint and then think you have a free ride for the rest of your career. That is the type of attitude that has destroyed this once respected agency!

01-25-2011, 03:56 AM
Damnd if u do, damned if u don't. If it's someone you want to get rid of, hook them up, if it's someone you like, cut them a break.....

01-25-2011, 03:28 PM
What if it was your sister you came upon that had done we she'd done. Would you arrest her? I remember when we were all family, (and it didn't matter what color your uniform was) and we took care of our own. I'm not saying she that she should'nt be dealt with, but arrested?
It's sad to see what's happening in the "Brotherhood" where we now right Polce familys and arrest our own sisters,
If we don't have each other, who do we have? God Bless and be safe!

01-27-2011, 01:02 AM
I am very ashamed how someone would be proud to post something like this here. Lets not forget we are all that we have out here. Most of the community is against us thanks to the media. Especially more now with all of the police officers' killings. I will never be caught arresting a fellow PO for DUI. There are plenty of scumbags out here to arrest. Shame on the cop who arrested the trooper. Hopefully she gets her job back.

01-28-2011, 03:12 AM
How many of you would be willing to forfeit your reputation, career, retirement, etc. (by NOT making an arrest) in this situation? Anyone who knows Big O, knows she's a sorry POS and a disgrace to our agency. If someone is using meds, they should NOT be driving a car, let alone a police car. There is a lot more to the story.
I wouldn't be willing to give up my job because some A/hole I work with put's me in a position to compromise my integrity. If you are one of those people who would?, then you're an idiot.
My guess is, she's going down in flames...

01-28-2011, 09:37 PM
How many of you would be willing to forfeit your reputation, career, retirement, etc. (by NOT making an arrest) in this situation? Anyone who knows Big O, knows she's a sorry POS and a disgrace to our agency. If someone is using meds, they should NOT be driving a car, let alone a police car. There is a lot more to the story.
I wouldn't be willing to give up my job because some A/hole I work with put's me in a position to compromise my integrity. If you are one of those people who would?, then you're an idiot.
My guess is, she's going down in flames...

YEah down with all of the POS's in FHP. Who's next? :evil:

01-31-2011, 12:28 AM
Why is it if it is a LEO, it is for the "brotherhood" to let them go but if it is joe public, it is arresting a "scumbag"?

01-31-2011, 12:38 AM
^^^^^ :roll: ^^^^^

02-16-2011, 02:48 AM
I get tired of the Women Haters that are on here all the time. Most of the negative posts are about female supervisors, so it must be someone from Troop C (French, Matiza, etc.) The best supervisor I ever had was a woman. It's too bad your Momma didn't give you any titty.
:devil: :P :shock:

05-07-2011, 03:01 AM
lisa is a nice lady ive worked with her plenty of times off of the turnpike!! She will pull through this