PDA

View Full Version : Trooper Cars

12-14-2010, 12:45 AM
Can someone explain at what level do you get a different car? I mean like, new members most likely get a crown vic I assume. I have seen unmarked chargers and marked chargers. Do they go by your position in the latter? Rookie, Srgt. Leut. etc. ...

12-14-2010, 01:51 AM
Goes by who writes the most tickets....unless you are assigned to Tallahassee. Got 140,000 on my Crown Vic and won't get one for another two years cuz I only write one citation per person.

12-14-2010, 02:01 AM
Can someone explain at what level do you get a different car? I mean like, new members most likely get a crown vic I assume. I have seen unmarked chargers and marked chargers. Do they go by your position in the latter? Rookie, Srgt. Leut. etc. ...

You get whatever car is available when you come out. Sometimes it's really old and in some instances, it's brand new. We didn't get a lot of new cars this year due to the budget crisis, so expect something old. However, as soon as your car is up for trade, you get a brand new one. It's possible you could get an 05 vic with 150,000 on it but turns out it's on the trade list so then you get a brand new one in a few months. For troopers, it's Dodge Chargers right now. I don't know what they are about to buy, but everything in Middleburg (the central install facility) is a Charger or Tahoe. The Tahoe's are for Traffic Homicide Investigators (THI) and the Contraband Interdiction Program (CIP). You can pass a test and get on the list for THI after two years of service. For CIP, you have to wait for an opening and then apply (must have 2 years on as well).

I've heard that there won't be any unmarked vehicles purchased anytime soon. There were a few unmarked Chargers but it was up to the District to decide who got them. Some high activity troopers got them while some were assigned based on seniority.

You keep whatever car you get issued until it's up for trade or you transfer to another Troop. Sergeants get cars just like troopers. If you get assigned to Bureau of Investigations, you get an unmarked car. Currently, crown vic, impala, monte carlo, or tahoe. Once you make it to Lt and above, you get an unmarked (right now, it's all crown vic).