PDA

View Full Version : 2007 IA investigation on stolen Shimano reels (a WTF moment)

12-09-2010, 08:57 PM
So Mike Rose buys a bunch of reels on the cheap (later documents put the value at around $10,000 and Rose bought them for around $2,500). Turns out they were purchased with a bad check by Amp'd Outfitters in what appears to be a bust-out.

Shimano contacts Rose, wants their merchandise back. Rose says no. Shimano then contacts the VPD. Dave Dunaway asks Shimano what law do they imagine that Mike Rose has broken.

Rose cleared of any wrongdoing by the Dunaway, VPD.

Ummmmm..................

Huh?

PDF of investigation "letter" -- 2 pages -- see http://www.venfl.com/features2/pdf/rose-2007investigation.pdf

Any input or help would be greatly appreciated as I put this and some other stuff together. 941-525-0289 is my cell. As always, names will be kept confidential.

12-16-2010, 12:32 PM
Wow! Patten I heard sometimes you can be a bit "overzealous." Really? you expect people to believe that a whale makes fishing reels? First off, Shamu is an orca he can't even speak, let alone use a phone! I know he is currently employed at SeaWorld, I bet if you pull his employee jacket you'll find out that he was never given outside employment permission! :lol:

12-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Wow! Patten I heard sometimes you can be a bit "overzealous." Really? you expect people to believe that a whale makes fishing reels? First off, Shamu is an orca he can't even speak, let alone use a phone! I know he is currently employed at SeaWorld, I bet if you pull his employee jacket you'll find out that he was never given outside employment permission! :lol:

I expect you to believe nothing. Since you cannot read or understand context, I was making no statement about this case... yet. I am asking questions, trying to find out what happened. That was the purpose of the above post. Any statements I made were summaries of sdocuments in hand. I make no judgments until I get more info. That's what a good investigator would do if I am correct. Not jump to conclusions as you already have.

The post I made was a request for anyone who had knowledge to get ahold of me.

That said, some of the answers I have already received are.. how to put this... eye-opening, to say the least.

Lt. Rose is a curious fellow.