PDA

View Full Version : is that how we talk to people now?

11-30-2010, 03:05 AM
Just saw the dui stop on David Cassidy. I am once again embarrassed by fhp. Is that how troopers are talking to people now? Drunk or not, act like a professional.

11-30-2010, 03:57 AM
I just watched the video also. I saw nothing wrong with how the trooper talked to him. He was calling him "sir" and explaining to him what he was being arrested for. It was hard to hear, but what I did hear sounded fine to me.

11-30-2010, 04:00 AM
Is the guy in the black uniform a trooper? It looks like it says police on his vest.

11-30-2010, 04:22 AM
Is the guy in the black uniform a trooper? It looks like it says police on his vest.
Cip uniform.

Also adding sir to condescending statements does not make it professional.

11-30-2010, 04:25 AM
Best line of the video: "I'm not an obstetrician" You could have fooled me, Doug!

But just for future reference: "obstetrician"=doctor your wife goes to
"optician"= person who makes eyeglasses

11-30-2010, 05:14 AM
You don't think 1214 knew that. Your an idiot, your little childhood crush D. Cassidy didn't even pick up on what he said. Perhaps if he was sober he would have caught it.

Best line of the video: "I'm not an obstetrician" You could have fooled me, Doug!

11-30-2010, 06:54 AM
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/11/video-dash-cam-shows-david-cassidys-dui-arrest

11-30-2010, 07:14 AM
Yeah he was a ****y sob normal 30 something LEO. What did this guy blow, I would guess around a .06 or a .071?

11-30-2010, 10:24 AM
I agree with the original poster. I’m with the agency and was professionally embarrassed when I viewed the video. To make matters worse, I know all three Troopers in the video and I’m not surprised as to what I saw so I can only imagine what the public thinks. Disparagement is putting it nicely as to how Mr. Cassidy was being treated. For the moron who said they see nothing wrong with the video or how the violator was being treated, hopefully you are not with our agency or any other agency for that matter. If you are, I highly encourage you to seek employment elsewhere and take the Trooper in the video with you.

11-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Looks to me like the CIP guy was showing off a little for the other troopers, like he was Mr. Bad Arse or something. We don't need to talk to people like that.

11-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Yeah he was a ****y sob normal 30 something LEO. What did this guy blow, I would guess around a .06 or a .071?

Haha...try twice that....he blew 0.141.

11-30-2010, 04:50 PM
again, more idiotic statements. you must be the guy from the Geico commercial yelling at the woodchucks for chucking wood. Watch the news moron or better yet, pull the video up on TMZ.com. Here's one of the many websites that have his Breath results

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... ui-report/ (http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/11/04/partridge-family-star-david-cassidy-arrested-dui-report/)

11-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Your comments on this Trooper are FALSE!!! Obviously you do not know the Trooper, he is by far a show off.

Watch the video again, did you not hear Mr. Cassidy ask the Trooper to "speak up, I can't hear you." Mr. Cassidy consitantly would not follow directions or pay attention to the Trooper; why......he was intoxicated.
Before you dog this Trooper any more, watch the video agian!!

Looks to me like the CIP guy was showing off a little for the other troopers, like he was Mr. Bad Arse or something. We don't need to talk to people like that.

11-30-2010, 05:11 PM
I watched the video and I think the officer's self preservation tactics could be shown to the academy on what not to do. Cameras, back, or not. He needs to take his hands out of his pockets and at least look at the subject.

11-30-2010, 05:17 PM
again, more idiotic statements. you must be the guy from the Geico commercial yelling at the woodchucks for chucking wood. Watch the news moron or better yet, pull the video up on TMZ.com. Here's one of the many websites that have his Breath results

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... ui-report/ (http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/11/04/partridge-family-star-david-cassidy-arrested-dui-report/)

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/11/04/partridge-family-star-david-cassidy-arrested-dui-report/

11-30-2010, 06:11 PM
[youtube:3j3e7wvb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwL8XoU4REQ&feature=related[/youtube:3j3e7wvb]

Looks and sounded ok to me.

11-30-2010, 06:41 PM
[youtube:1hyvleot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwL8XoU4REQ&feature=related[/youtube:1hyvleot]

Thanks. I guess we're all OK now.

11-30-2010, 09:10 PM
Here we go, yet another self involved jack wagon who needs to go back to Mamby Pamby land. Watch the video again, eye contact was made throughout the stop, oh yeah but wait. The intoxicated driver couldn't pay attention, follow orders, had a hard time with pretty much the whole stop, yet he made it real clear about all of the problems that he's had growing up. Let us not forget the fact that if this idiot slammed into your family members car and seriously injured the occupants there of I'm sure you'd be singing a different tune. Who cares how many posters you still have up with this idiot on them. He was a danger to himself and everyone else on the Turnpike that day. Good job guys, we got another one off of the road.

I watched the video and I think the officer's self preservation tactics could be shown to the academy on what not to do. Cameras, back, or not. He needs to take his hands out of his pockets and at least look at the subject.

11-30-2010, 09:21 PM
[youtube:yn2b3a4w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwL8XoU4REQ&feature=related[/youtube:yn2b3a4w]

I'm sorry but I don't see anything wrong with that video. The only reason he was raising his voice to the offender is so he could hear over the traffic noise. You people are nuts if you think he was unprofessional.

11-30-2010, 09:22 PM
That trooper has looked at too many episodes of Cops. That's how they act, that's NOT how troopers are supposed to act and talk to people. Period.

11-30-2010, 09:32 PM
This guy is a celeb so you know it will be on TMZ and we have this ass hat trooper yelling like he is at his single wide trailer, yelling at his wife. Being a smart ass, why was he correction him during the actual test? Any good Defense attorney could argue he was being yield at by a trooper yelling at the top of his voice, which made I client nervous and unable to perform the test.

The Trooper was trying to be intimidating, that is the bottom line, also he should have had the defendant facing the camera. Was anyone operating the ICV? Could they not see all the water on the windshield? How were they able to find 3 troopers in one county all 10-8 at the same time?

12-01-2010, 12:13 AM
That trooper has looked at too many episodes of Cops. That's how they act, that's NOT how troopers are supposed to act and talk to people. Period.

Again, this is a major blow towards the creditability of our agency. Not that we have any right now but it’s young punk cops like this that lessen any chance we have at gaining any type of ground. Granted, he was under an overpass and needed to speak loudly but it’s not what you say it’s always how you say it and the physical demeanor you project while you are saying it. I agree that he has watched too many episodes of COPS and this traffic stop should be shown to the entire law enforcement community illustrating how you should not conduct a traffic stop or DUI investigations. Maybe this is why you never see Florida Troopers on COPS...we hold ourselves to a much higher standard or should I say, most of us hold ourselves at a much higher level than the actions displayed by this Trooper

12-01-2010, 01:09 AM
IDIOTS! He's wearing a mic! Of course he's going to be really loud on video!!! The suspect says several times that he has a hard time hearing him. I know a lot of you would rather just pat him on the back, tell him everything is going to be okay and call him and ride but some us DO OUR JOBS!

If you want to be pansy, go get a job outside of law enforcement. This job is dangerous and you have to maintain control of the situation. You can do this by using a command voice. I know the idea is lost on some of you Monday morning QBs and you always do everything just perfect.

As far as the watching too many episodes of COPS goes, I didn't see him grab him by the neck and throw him to the ground.

Good job Trooper. I'm glad the suspect didn't have an opportunity to kill someone.

12-01-2010, 02:30 AM

Again, this is a major blow towards the creditability of our agency. Not that we have any right now but it’s young punk cops like this that lessen any chance we have at gaining any type of ground. Granted, he was under an overpass and needed to speak loudly but it’s not what you say it’s always how you say it and the physical demeanor you project while you are saying it. I agree that he has watched too many episodes of COPS and this traffic stop should be shown to the entire law enforcement community illustrating how you should not conduct a traffic stop or DUI investigations. Maybe this is why you never see Florida Troopers on COPS...we hold ourselves to a much higher standard or should I say, most of us hold ourselves at a much higher level than the actions displayed by this Trooper

Do yourself a favor and review the difference between dialogue and verbal direction. Also, get out of the two-lane, 45mph residential zones and up onto an expressway and conduct a few traffic stops. You will have your eyes opened to the reality of our job. Until then, just maybe you should quit casting judgment.

12-01-2010, 02:35 AM
This guy is a celeb so you know it will be on TMZ and we have this ass hat trooper yelling like he is at his single wide trailer, yelling at his wife. Being a smart ass, why was he correction him during the actual test? Any good Defense attorney could argue he was being yield at by a trooper yelling at the top of his voice, which made I client nervous and unable to perform the test.

The Trooper was trying to be intimidating, that is the bottom line, also he should have had the defendant facing the camera. Was anyone operating the ICV? Could they not see all the water on the windshield? How were they able to find 3 troopers in one county all 10-8 at the same time?

Please articulate how the trooper was trying to be intimidating. And why do you think he was yelling at the top of his voice? Was anyone operating the in car video? Do you even have a clue as to how one works? Did you happen to hear the defendant indicate he could not hear with all the noise?

Your ignorance is showing.

:oops:

12-01-2010, 03:06 AM
You must be the worlds greatest officer in the game of Need for Speed. You're as smart as they come aren't you. Obviously your only DUI's that you've conducting was not being caught with a bottle of vodka in your lap while driving your Barbie Cadillac. Let me first start by saying, We never have a possible S1 stand facing oncoming traffic. Go to a State Attorney hearing and see what they have to say about "was the driver facing towards or away from oncoming traffic?" Second, There was one Trooper who pulled your sweetheart over. And being good zone partners the other two provided routine backup. Just because in your area you work by yourself doesn't mean the rest of the patrol follows suit.

12-01-2010, 03:18 AM
It cracks me up to read some of these posts. Watch the video and let me know when the driver stated how many glasses he's had made for him.

Optician= person who makes eyeglasses ( good job moron )
Ophthalmologist= One who performs Eye Surgery or Orogolomistician Surgery or Ocular Surgery

Your boy wonder hear stated he has one eye that wanders. You got that right. He must have had his good eye closed and his car followed that wandering eye across both southbound lanes of traffic.

12-01-2010, 03:34 AM
Perhaps this is the video of Cops you are referring to. Your like the rock in the movie Night at the Museum. " Hey Dumb Dumb, Gimme Gum Gum"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTHzSVig ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTHzSVigiXA&feature=related)

quote="Guest"]That trooper has looked at too many episodes of Cops. That's how they act, that's NOT how troopers are supposed to act and talk to people. Period.[/quote]

12-01-2010, 04:11 AM
Thank you!!!!
[youtube:tgl4iser]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwL8XoU4REQ&feature=related[/youtube:tgl4iser]

12-01-2010, 04:14 AM
Really; and you know this how? Deal with these type of jack nuts day after day and lets see how you handle yourself on camera. Amazing how everyone is jumping on this Troopers back when all he's doing is his job - and a mighty fine job at that!

12-01-2010, 04:46 AM
Oh by the way CIP its called excersises not tests. Any half way decent attorney will have this case thrown out,

12-01-2010, 04:49 AM
It is obvious that less than half of the comments on here are made by LEO. It makes me sick to see what people post and how they tear down Troopers on here; if you are not a LEO, how dare you bash those of us that are?

How many post would have been against this Trooper if Cassidy had killed one of your family members? That is right, you'd be pissed off that we weren’t doing our job and did not get him stopped before he killed your family member. Bottom line, Cassidy was driving drunk, not to mention he was driving drunk on the turnpike – post speed limit of 70 MPH; it is a miracle that no one was killed.

We all have jobs to do, and families to go home to at the end of our shifts – this trooper was making sure your family members, as well as Cassidy all got home safe.

12-01-2010, 04:54 AM
the Trooper is clearly saying "tasks" and not test idiot!!! Because any half way decent attorney will ask you if you allowed him time to study for the test; you don't use "test" on road side any more - haven't for a long time. :devil:
Oh by the way CIP it’s called exercises not tests. Any half way decent attorney will have this case thrown out,

12-01-2010, 05:01 AM
Seriously gentelmen ( and Ladies), this Trooper does not know how to administer Field sobriety excersises. A friggin disgrace.

12-01-2010, 05:05 AM
the Trooper is clearly saying "tasks" and not test idiot!!! Because any half way decent attorney will ask you if you allowed him time to study for the test; you don't use "test" on road side any more - haven't for a long time. :devil:
Oh by the way CIP it’s called exercises not tests. Any half way decent attorney will have this case thrown out,

Look at about 7 seconds. He clearly says TEST.

12-01-2010, 05:50 AM
Some thing to think about. Those of us that wear uniforms we really dont have any power.
[YouTube][http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOV8ip9mBUk/YouTube]

12-01-2010, 05:51 AM
[youtube:155ffdo8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOV8ip9mBUk[/youtube:155ffdo8]

12-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Please feel free to instruct us all on the proper way to administer the SFST's. And since your using the word excersises, are you going to properly allow the driver time to strectch before doing your sobriety ( EXERCISES ). All ready you have proven how dumb you are.

Seriously gentelmen ( and Ladies), this Trooper does not know how to administer Field sobriety excersises. A friggin disgrace.

12-01-2010, 10:52 PM
I just did, three times - he's clearly saying "task" as the cars pass by. He does have an accent to, but he is saying task.

Look at about 7 seconds. He clearly says TEST.

12-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Really, and you hold what position in law enforcement that makes you an expert in this area? Field sobriety exercises - was he given time to warm up and prepare for the exercises, or should we perform roadside sobriety task instead?

12-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Every recent DUI class I have seen says they are not called tests, exercises, or tasks. They are called Field Sobriety Evaluations. No attorney can attack that wording.

12-01-2010, 11:53 PM
I wish I was as perfect as the negative posters. I'm so ashamed.
Bet the first thing you do with a pencil is break of the eraser (not needed) and probably never bought a bottle of white-out.
So many perfect people out there. Glad to see it.

12-02-2010, 11:25 PM
That trooper was not a good example at all. I have heard jury members say they have found someone that didn't blow not guilty of a DUI because they thought the officer made the person nervous on the tests with their unprofessional and sarcastic attitude.

12-02-2010, 11:45 PM

If you can't see that this guy was impaired, you need additional training. His results were actually 0.141 and 0.143. If your not good at math.... that's just under twice the legal limit. ****y attitude I don't agree with, but a good DUI Arrest.

12-03-2010, 12:01 AM

If you can't see that this guy was impaired, you need additional training. His results were actually 0.141 and 0.143. If your not good at math.... that's just under twice the legal limit. ****y attitude I don't agree with, but a good DUI Arrest.

If Cassidy had sense and didn't blow he would have beat the DUI almost guaranteed with how that trooper was acting.

12-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Test, exercise, schmexercise...it doesn't matter what term you use. There is no case law established that says you must refer to them as "exercises" for them to be admissible in court! LEOs in all across America have referred to them as tests, and still do, and are still winning cases.

12-04-2010, 01:19 AM
Test, exercise, schmexercise...it doesn't matter what term you use. There is no case law established that says you must refer to them as "exercises" for them to be admissible in court! LEOs in all across America have referred to them as tests, and still do, and are still winning cases.

Also remember this is America and if you pay for a decent lawyer, the State Attorney finds a reason not to prosecute (but that is another topic!). Nonetheless, I agree it was a good DUI arrest and I am glad he was taken off the road. The whole argument is how he talked to the subject. I could easily pick up the sarcasm by the Trooper and I shook my head.

I am not saying to get out the baby powder and pamper someone's rear end during the stop, but spare the sarcasm as the little red light is flashing in your windshield.

I thought this Trooper handled his situation well:
[youtube:t2wlmfe3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpxJC8xSt44[/youtube:t2wlmfe3]