PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Promotions

11-28-2010, 12:56 AM
So who all would you like to see get promoted to lieutenant and sergeant after the promotional process is complete?? The promotions will most likely start in January so get ready.

11-29-2010, 04:12 AM
So who all would you like to see get promoted to lieutenant and sergeant after the promotional process is complete?? The promotions will most likely start in January so get ready.
We can start by promoting me. :devil:

12-04-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm digging up the corpses of G. Patton, Chesty Puller, D. MacArthur, O. Bradley and making my own shift. MacArthur as Lt., Puller N/S Sgt., Patton C. Sgt., Bradley S/S Sgt.,

I want Superman as Chief, The Green Lantern as Deputy Chief, and the Riddler as the PIO! The Shadow as the CID Division Commander, Batman as the Patrol Captain!

Would it be too much to ask for R. Regan as the City Manager?

12-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Thank God thats over! That was the longest promotional process in the history of SPD. I also enjoyed that the Miami-Dade pepole felt like they were doing us some sort of big favor by "coming in on the 29th and 30th" so they could score the tests and have the results in 3 weeks. Man they sure are great! We ought to pay them like $40,000 bucks, oh wait we already are!

12-19-2010, 02:10 AM
This promotional process, just like the prior two using Miami-Dade, was simply ridiculous. Why we continue to use Miami-Dade is beyond me. There is not one other assesment center company that strings its process out over a month and a half period. Everyone involved in this process was unhappy with the way it was set up and administered. I hear the command staff wants the entire process changed and it is the union that is preventing them from doing so. Mic and his cronies needs to get off their duffs and start actually talking with the people they represent to get their feedback instead of simply making decisions for them. From what I am hearing, the majority of people want a different promotional process. Lets get it done.

12-19-2010, 05:11 AM
2245 if you have been paying attention to this process you would be aware of how many times the moderator attempted to change the process to help certain people. This has been a problem for years why not write down your changes to ensure that you and you alone will be at the top next time. Please provide examples of the great changes that the management was not allowed to use to help you and the others.

12-21-2010, 02:56 AM
For starters, from what I understand, management wants to get rid of the assessment center and use personnel files as a factor in promotions. There are many good agencies that no longer use assessment centers. I am not really sure why you would make a comment that I want the process so I end up on top. Where did that come from?? If you are so insecure that management wants a process that is fair and liked by all, then thats your problem. Make no mistake, the overwhelming majority of SPD simply hates our current promotional process. Why are you so threatened because a voice of change is starting to be heard?? Lighten up man.

12-23-2010, 02:04 AM
All you need to do to get promoted is know a Sgt that helped make the test, so I have heard, and you might get promoted. Good Luck to all I am glad that this process is over. I am sad that some people decided to drop out of the exam, as some might have made good SGT's, but they felt the process unfair. An to **** good job, keeping the process as fair as you could, because everone knows that if you don't prove good community service on your off time, you wont make a good supervisor, I wonder who that was put in the process for?

12-24-2010, 12:36 PM
"All you need to do to get promoted is know a Sgt that helped make the test, so I have heard, and you might get promoted." HUH?