PDA

View Full Version : Miami express lanes

11-23-2010, 09:25 PM
I heard a Miami trooper got hit in the express lanes the other day. I hope is doing ok and recovering. I was down in Dade last month and saw the express lanes have no shoulder. Who the hell designed that? How can you clear a sig 4, assist a sig 76, or make a 10-50 in there on a speeding vehicle? Someone is going to get killed in there if they don't fix that mess.

CAR69
11-27-2010, 05:24 PM
The average speed on the Express lanes is 85MPH....If you do not keep up with traffic everyone cuts around you....I see near misses on there everyday...But I see more accidents on the Mainline then I do in the Express Lanes.

12-03-2010, 12:46 AM
those lanes are a joke

12-05-2010, 04:41 PM
The road rangers are supposed to clear the S4 blocking the express lanes quickly. They take the scene northbound to the park and ride and southbound to NW 12th street.

This is suppose to work. It has it's flaws. Before the road rangers arrive two or three more accidents occur as the result of the first one. 10-50's??? I wouldn't stop anyone in that express lane. The posted speed limit is 55 MPH but yes people do 85. I was in my private car driving the express doing 90 MPH and people were passing me at 100 or more MPH. Seems that 90 MPH is too slow.

The Express Lanes were built to bring in revenue nothing more nothing less just MONEY to Sunguide which is a private contractor making money. Our government has been sold to the lowest bidder and that bidder is making a good profit. So are the politicians. We get nothing. We haven't had a raise in 4 years, our retirement is going to be taken away, we are getting laid off, and it looks like it's going to get worse.

I have 9 more years to go before I retire and I thought 25 years ago that I was getting into something good. Can't retire any sooner because of financial obligations... Life sucks for all state employees and it will get worse once Rick Scott get's sworn in.

12-05-2010, 08:21 PM
The road rangers are supposed to clear the S4 blocking the express lanes quickly. They take the scene northbound to the park and ride and southbound to NW 12th street.

This is suppose to work. It has it's flaws. Before the road rangers arrive two or three more accidents occur as the result of the first one. 10-50's??? I wouldn't stop anyone in that express lane. The posted speed limit is 55 MPH but yes people do 85. I was in my private car driving the express doing 90 MPH and people were passing me at 100 or more MPH. Seems that 90 MPH is too slow.

The Express Lanes were built to bring in revenue nothing more nothing less just MONEY to Sunguide which is a private contractor making money. Our government has been sold to the lowest bidder and that bidder is making a good profit. So are the politicians. We get nothing. We haven't had a raise in 4 years, our retirement is going to be taken away, we are getting laid off, and it looks like it's going to get worse.

I have 9 more years to go before I retire and I thought 25 years ago that I was getting into something good. Can't retire any sooner because of financial obligations... Life sucks for all state employees and it will get worse once Rick Scott get's sworn in.

90 is slow in there? Wow that is crazy.

12-08-2010, 02:15 AM
is there a shoulder at 125th Street and near 62nd Street?

12-09-2010, 03:26 PM

Don't you mean you have 14 years to go because Rick Scott wants to raise the retirement years from 25 to 30.

07-23-2011, 07:04 AM
Those lanes have made the sh^ttiest road in America even worse! They are lawless.

vintagesquads
07-24-2011, 08:44 AM
It's all a ploy to make people not drive their cars...also a feelgood for the Feds as it is to get carpools going. Ever been to Miami? Everyone works in a different area!
Why not take down the sticks, put it back like it was, and charge everyone a quarter for any or all lanes?
When I came to Miami, it was three lanes each way with a median.

07-25-2011, 01:51 PM
It's all a ploy to make people not drive their cars...also a feelgood for the Feds as it is to get carpools going. Ever been to Miami? Everyone works in a different area!
Why not take down the sticks, put it back like it was, and charge everyone a quarter for any or all lanes?
When I came to Miami, it was three lanes each way with a median.
I agree