PDA

View Full Version : Is it Click It or Ticket week?

11-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Not that I want any more details, but the news stations say Nov 21 starts Click it or Ticket week. But I have not heard the first thing from anyone about it - no CARE forms, no emails, etc. I'm sure my troop will have a great display of enforcement, since we don't know about it.

11-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Not that I want any more details, but the news stations say Nov 21 starts Click it or Ticket week. But I have not heard the first thing from anyone about it - no CARE forms, no emails, etc. I'm sure my troop will have a great display of enforcement, since we don't know about it.

You mean you haven't seen all Corporals, Sergeants, Lieutenants, your Captain, and Troop Commander out working the road? According to our press releases, all of those people are supposed to be tearing up the highways and writing tickets during these campaigns.

11-22-2010, 12:47 AM

You mean you haven't seen all Corporals, Sergeants, Lieutenants, your Captain, and Troop Commander out working the road? According to our press releases, all of those people are supposed to be tearing up the highways and writing tickets during these campaigns.

I rarely hear about our details anymore. The news is the only time I hear about what my emphasis is. It's quite comical that the press knows what we are supposed to be doing...but the Troopers do not. I guess they just pull the data from the RDAs.

And everyone will be out of the office for the holidays...it's accurate. They are out of the office and home for the holidays.

11-22-2010, 06:21 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: CAPT. MARK WELCH
Nov. 19, 2010 (850) 617-2301
FLORIDA HIGHWAY PATROL PARTICIPATES IN NATIONWIDE
CLICK IT OR TICKET CAMPAIGN
~ Troopers prepare for nationwide effort ~
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – One of the easiest things motorists can do to protect themselves in a crash is to fasten their safety belts. That is the message the Florida Highway Patrol is delivering to motorists who defy Florida’s safety belt law and neglect to buckle up. On Nov. 21 - 30, local troopers will join law enforcement agencies around the state in the Click It or Ticket campaign aimed at targeting unrestrained motorists and their passengers.
“Our message is simple. If you fail to buckle up, then expect a ticket,” said Major Timothy Ashley, commander of FHP’s Troop H, which covers eight counties in the Big Bend area. “The hard working men and women of the Florida Highway Patrol will be diligent in enforcing our safety belt law. Our state troopers are committed to making a difference through education and enforcement.”
Florida’s law requires all drivers and adult occupants in the front seat of a vehicle to fasten their safety belt. Occupants under the age of 18, regardless of where they sit in a vehicle, also must buckle up. Safety belts have long been proven to save lives and reduce injuries when worn properly during a vehicle crash. Motorists cited for failure to buckle up face a non-moving violation that carries a $30 base fine, plus court costs if convicted.
Florida achieved a record high this year when the safety belt usage rate climbed to reach 87.4 percent, following the May 24 - June 6 Click It or Ticket campaign. For additional details and statistics on the Sunshine State’s 2010 safety belt usage, to include county statistics, visit the Florida Department of Transportation’s website at http://www.dot.state.fl.us/safety/.
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles provides highway safety and security through excellence in service, education and enforcement. The Department is leading the way to a safer Florida through the efficient and professional execution of its core mission: the issuance of driver licenses, vehicle tags and titles and operation of the Florida Highway Patrol. To learn more about DHSMV and the services offered, visit www.flhsmv.gov (http://www.flhsmv.gov) or follow @FDHSMV on Twitter.
###

11-22-2010, 07:18 AM
Ha! News to me. Maybe the press release should be sent to the troopers instead of the media.

11-22-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm jacked for this detail. Its been so long since we did one. This week-long hiatus after the MOVE OVER detail is about the longest drought we've had.