PDA

View Full Version : hiring process and placement

11-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Hey guys was just curious how the process goes after you complete the pat and written test. I am already state certified so I know I can take the 9 week course, so is this a different group of guys or do you just join a class in progress already. Finally when you graduate I understand you go through an FTO program so do they place you close to your home or wherever they need you. Thanks and hope to be working with you soon

11-18-2010, 11:10 PM
The crossovers that just completed Class 119 knew where they were going to be assigned prior to starting with the BRC class. As far as I know if you have prior exp. they try and place you back in the County. If you are just have the state cert. and no Prior I am not sure if they do the same. Might need just talk to your recruiter.

11-19-2010, 01:13 AM
And you want FHP for what reason?

11-19-2010, 08:16 AM
Do we still have state recruiters??? Last time I checked they can answer all your questions.

12-08-2010, 07:39 PM
I am considering the jump from an Agency in FL. What does the 9 weeks consist of? I called and left a message for a recuiter today as well, thanks! and be safe!

12-08-2010, 08:37 PM
I am considering the jump from an Agency in FL. What does the 9 weeks consist of? I called and left a message for a recuiter today as well, thanks! and be safe!

In the past, those that were certified were already giving a duty location prior to them accepting and arriving at the acedemy. During the 9 weeks you will do standard physical training (running, push ups, etc) as well as cover FHP policies and agency specific training in class. Good luck.

12-08-2010, 08:41 PM
WAIT!! think about it longer. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Think more about the pro's and con's and the future.