PDA

View Full Version : ODPE Sheets

11-15-2010, 12:17 AM
Currently the members of Troop C are about to be disiplined for working 208 without having thier 208 sheets in order. As usual rules change in the middle of the game. From having the sheet turned in and verbal approval, to now you better have it in your hand signed by the major before working any 208. If you cannot produce the signed sheet, well to bad. Well this is where it gets interesting several of us have turned in sheets recently for new jobs, and with the scheduler saying it was okay to work under verbal approval from the major. These sheets seem to be "held hostage" and not returned, now that that the rules have changed, well to bad. So the list is out I'm on it along with my several others in my district. I shall just wait for the axe to fall...for they don't have to prove the sheet ever existed...

11-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Interesting. I am in Troop D and never get mine back. They get sent off and you are basically operating under the assumption that all is well. The current system is ridiculous. Why should each trooper have to get individual approval? The scheduler should be responsible for submitting paperwork for approval of each off duty employer. All we should have to show is proof of insurance.

11-15-2010, 02:31 AM
Troop C Tpr: My understanding is best to have in hand, OR if you received a verbal from the major or scheduler, who had talked to the major and said it was approved.

11-15-2010, 02:39 AM
Don't feel bad, they are screwing people around the state......ALL TROOPs.

Let's streamline this whole process, food for thought:
An ODPE comes up to whomever is contacted, that person does a request, sent thru the proper channels, Major approves. Now, shouldn't EVERYONE approved to work 208 (via payment to the state that is currently happening once a year) be able to participate in that troop? Seems to easy, I guess.

Instead, these people are screwing with people that have worked the same job for 10+ years, but forgot to resubmit last July! What a friggin agency. On more notch in my countdown.

11-15-2010, 05:34 AM
Another great reason to leave FHP. The reasons just keep on flowing to leave, but morons just keep on staying here. I will never understand.

11-15-2010, 09:25 PM
So if you work a off duty that you have not been signed off on, what exactly happenes? Letter of couseling? :idea:

11-16-2010, 01:21 AM
1st offense is a 10 day suspension from off duty. Read the policy, all the rules are there. No surprises.

11-16-2010, 04:17 AM
1st offense is a 10 day suspension from off duty. Read the policy, all the rules are there. No surprises.

nope, happened to me earlier this year. all i got was a couseling letter

11-17-2010, 03:14 PM

Another example of supervisors not doing their job.

11-17-2010, 03:29 PM

I think letter of counseling is sufficient for the first time... Do you wantdismissal for this? It's not like they are ghosting so please stfu you poc

11-19-2010, 03:39 PM
This is crazy, if you’re approved to work off duty and work within the mileage of the off duty job and your insurance is on file then you should be good to go. Do you have any idea how much time is wasted driving off duty request from Troop C districts back to the sub districts.

Let’s get to work. Solution

On the T-drive in each Troop lets have a list of approved off duty jobs for that Troop. Next have a list of Troopers that have Insurance on file and are off probation and able to work off duty.

If you are within mileage of the off duty job then you can work the job. Make sure you provide the scheduler your dates and times that you work and pay your end of the month mileage.

If for some reason a person cannot work off duty for one reason or the other then on the T-drive those members should be listed as unable to work off duty in red.

If your approved to work off duty, if should not matter if your Trooper, A, B, C, D or Z.

11-19-2010, 07:43 PM
This is crazy, if you’re approved to work off duty and work within the mileage of the off duty job and your insurance is on file then you should be good to go. Do you have any idea how much time is wasted driving off duty request from Troop C districts back to the sub districts.

Let’s get to work. Solution

On the T-drive in each Troop lets have a list of approved off duty jobs for that Troop. Next have a list of Troopers that have Insurance on file and are off probation and able to work off duty.

If you are within mileage of the off duty job then you can work the job. Make sure you provide the scheduler your dates and times that you work and pay your end of the month mileage.
FYI- you're speaking to death ears! They don't give a ****kkk
If for some reason a person cannot work off duty for one reason or the other then on the T-drive those members should be listed as unable to work off duty in red.

If your approved to work off duty, if should not matter if your Trooper, A, B, C, D or Z.

11-20-2010, 12:22 AM

I think letter of counseling is sufficient for the first time... Do you wantdismissal for this? It's not like they are ghosting so please stfu you poc

I think a letter of couseling is good for a person that makes a mistake of the head. The off duty policy is plainly written and easy to understand. If you violate it, it is because your heart says it is OK to cheat the system. First offence, 10 day suspension of off duty approval. Off Duty has the potential to give us another huge black eye from abuse. Enforce this policy as written. If you get busted, don't whine and cry about losing your OT.