PDA

View Full Version : unauthorized uniform ?

11-14-2010, 02:52 AM
saw a glimpse of the FSU game .... why is a certain Lt. wearing a jacket that is NOT issued, and NOT part of any current FHP uniform ? I found out it was issued back in the 60's called an "Eisenhower jacket" why doe GHQ allow this ? if I wanted to wear a jacket that I bought that was NOT part of any FHP current uniform could I do it ?

I don't really care but I think that it is not fair that Troopers get called on the carpet for stupid stuff but a Lt does not .

Heard this Lt. is sort of a jerk.......

11-14-2010, 03:03 AM
I have one and it was issued to me in the late 1980s. No one took it up and no one said I can't wear it. I can't imagine anyone told this lieutenant he can't wear his. Are you saying if you, little rookie trooper, didn't get one no one should have one?? It is the best looking jacket we have ever had. Heaven help us if we don;t all don those goofy ass black windbreakers.

11-14-2010, 03:07 AM
that jacket is NOT part of the uniform look at the policy.... only the black winter jacket is authorized ( thay are changing policy to include the windbreaker)

11-14-2010, 03:20 AM
Please quote me the policy that reads "No other jacket is permited"

11-14-2010, 03:23 AM
What is it with you troopers always trying to get someone in trouble because they got something you didn't get??

11-14-2010, 04:25 AM
What is it with you troopers always trying to get someone in trouble because they got something you didn't get??

I am not the original poster, but I have been on 26 years and I was issued the jacket. It’s no longer in the policy.

We can play games all day. But here is the skinny; if you don’t belong to a specialize unit that issues special uniforms or if the uniform is not issued to all sworn uniforms members, then it’s not authorized to be worn. Especially, the dam thing is not in the policy.

Jeez, the darn honor guard jacket is in the policy and that’s not even issued (private funding).

I was issued the Eisenhower jacket, I still have one, I like the jacket, but it’s not authorized, PERIOD!

11-14-2010, 11:47 AM
saw a glimpse of the FSU game .... why is a certain Lt. wearing a jacket that is NOT issued, and NOT part of any current FHP uniform ? I found out it was issued back in the 60's called an "Eisenhower jacket" why doe GHQ allow this ? if I wanted to wear a jacket that I bought that was NOT part of any FHP current uniform could I do it ?

I don't really care but I think that it is not fair that Troopers get called on the carpet for stupid stuff but a Lt does not .

Heard this Lt. is sort of a jerk.......

Hey Hinton, if you don't really care, why are you stirring the pot? Oh, I forgot, you wanted the CIP Coordinator position and didn't get it.

11-14-2010, 01:41 PM
It is a nice looking jacket and I have one, but they don't keep you warm for squat.

I did notice that the South Carolina Troopers look very sharp and are in shape, while all of the FHP Troopers I saw look to be fat*******s...

11-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Hey, I still have that ugly brown jacket with the fur collar. Can I still wear it?

11-14-2010, 02:50 PM
WHO CARES!! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: GET A LIFE

11-14-2010, 07:37 PM
I am not the original poster, but here are my thoughts on all of this. If the LT is in fact wearing an Eisenhower jacket, there is a problem. Once again, the dept is full of people who do what they want. Once you promote, you will become a target for scrutiny from lower level employees-no matter what line of work. In theory, supervisors are supposed to set a standard for others to follow (lead by example).

So if you have a supervisor - in a position of possible national spotlight - he should be conforming to policy.

I hate the black winter jacket. For working the road, I can't imagine why they could not make it reflective for night time traffic stops where the safety vest is not utilized. So I think if the LT wants to look good, he can buy a dress blouse-and then get his Major's permission to wear it to the games.

If you are in a supervisor position-lead by example. If you are going to be in the spotlight for whatever reason, you need to especially play by the rules.

Just like the hoop earrings in Troop D with the Tiger Woods.

11-14-2010, 11:59 PM
To the above poster;
If upper level supervisors all had as much common sense as you displayed in your posting, the Patrol could be a great agency. However, the theme of this post has to do with the opposite, thus setting the trend for the sinking ship called FHP.

11-15-2010, 02:50 AM
Speaking of windbreakers.....

I have the brown windbreaker that was issued to all of us, but was told that i was unable to wear it. I guess that blows yalls theory outta the water.

11-15-2010, 02:54 PM
depends on who you are. In south florida I have seen a trooper wearing a back vest and long sleeves saying POLICE on it with black BDU's. He was one of the can do no wrong troopers.

11-15-2010, 03:40 PM
depends on who you are. In south florida I have seen a trooper wearing a back vest and long sleeves saying POLICE on it with black BDU's. He was one of the can do no wrong troopers.

You mean a CIP? They've been wearing those for years, and it's an authorized uniform.

11-15-2010, 07:11 PM

You mean a CIP? They've been wearing those for years, and it's an authorized uniform.

not a CIP. I've never seen him make a drug arrest

11-15-2010, 08:54 PM

not a CIP. I've never seen him make a drug arrest

No drug arrests? So he could be CIP.... Just kidding CIP guys...

11-16-2010, 04:21 AM

Where have you been?

Thats been authorized for years, they all wear it around the state.

11-16-2010, 04:22 AM
I am not the original poster, but here are my thoughts on all of this. If the LT is in fact wearing an Eisenhower jacket, there is a problem. Once again, the dept is full of people who do what they want. Once you promote, you will become a target for scrutiny from lower level employees-no matter what line of work. In theory, supervisors are supposed to set a standard for others to follow (lead by example).

So if you have a supervisor - in a position of possible national spotlight - he should be conforming to policy.

I hate the black winter jacket. For working the road, I can't imagine why they could not make it reflective for night time traffic stops where the safety vest is not utilized. So I think if the LT wants to look good, he can buy a dress blouse-and then get his Major's permission to wear it to the games.

If you are in a supervisor position-lead by example. If you are going to be in the spotlight for whatever reason, you need to especially play by the rules.

Just like the hoop earrings in Troop D with the Tiger Woods.

Valid piont. Good post!

11-16-2010, 09:36 PM

Where have you been?

Thats been authorized for years, they all wear it around the state.

I have to find my galls magazine. I have to see if I'm one of those troopers that can wear it. I've been writing some tickets lately :roll:

11-16-2010, 09:43 PM

Jesus Christ, does it really NEED to say that? I mean, nowhere in the policy does it say "Troopers at no time shall punch babies," but does the omission of that statement mean that I can go punch a baby? :lol:

11-17-2010, 12:11 AM

Jesus Christ, does it really NEED to say that? I mean, nowhere in the policy does it say "Troopers at no time shall punch babies," but does the omission of that statement mean that I can go punch a baby? :lol:

Well, was baby punching always wrong? Or was it a part of acceptable behavior for a number of years. (There are several jackets that were acceptable for a long time.)

You make a valid point, baby puncher, but when something has been acceptable for an extended period of time, if it is no longer acceptable, the best practice is to draft a policy that says that. It prevents situations like this. As far as I know, baby punching has never been acceptable.

11-17-2010, 01:33 AM
Baby punching? Baby Major?

11-17-2010, 01:34 AM

Well, was baby punching always wrong? Or was it a part of acceptable behavior for a number of years. (There are several jackets that were acceptable for a long time.)

You make a valid point, baby puncher, but when something has been acceptable for an extended period of time, if it is no longer acceptable, the best practice is to draft a policy that says that. It prevents situations like this. As far as I know, baby punching has never been acceptable.

Does it say you cannot address the Col by his first name?
Does it say that you cannot call your Troop Commander by their first name?

But nobody does or nobody should!

The authorized uniforms are listed in the policy PERIOD!

Another hint! If the uniform is issued to everyone (unless a specialty unit), hello, that means no can do.

I do remember a memo was distributed years ago that the brown windbreaker shall not be worn anymore and years before that, the same thing was said about the Eisenhower jacket.

11-17-2010, 01:48 AM

Does it say you cannot address the Col by his first name?
Does it say that you cannot call your Troop Commander by their first name?

But nobody does or nobody should!

The authorized uniforms are listed in the policy PERIOD!

Another hint! If the uniform is issued to everyone (unless a specialty unit), hello, that means no can do.

I do remember a memo was distributed years ago that the brown windbreaker shall not be worn anymore and years before that, the same thing was said about the Eisenhower jacket.

OK. Point taken. My style jacket WAS issued to everyone. That is why I suggested the policy should stipulate that it can no longer be worn. Specifically, you "remember" a memo. I don't. If it is in the manual, neither one of us has to rely on our memory.

And you lose on the first name thing. What are the sanctions for calling the Col. or a TC by his first name?

11-17-2010, 03:37 AM
WHO FUK'N CARES?!

11-17-2010, 11:08 AM
WHO FUK'N CARES?!

You must because you read the posts then chose to comment and took the time to change the font.