PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve 5 Day Break Cancelled

11-12-2010, 04:11 AM
The New Years eve that falls on a Friday was our 5 Day break but it has been cancelled by Lt Col B. See you on the road that night. It may have been the only chance you ever had in your career to ring in the new year like normal people but FHP wants you at work when you would have been off had it been any other weekend. SORRY guys. The new man in charge says "LETS GET TO WORK"

11-12-2010, 04:32 AM
You Mean have Troopers on the road when they are needed more than any other time of the year????

What a novel idea!!!!!

11-12-2010, 04:55 AM
You get 8 hours of special comp time to go with the other 2000 hours. Lets get to work.

11-12-2010, 05:35 AM
You Mean have Troopers on the road when they are needed more than any other time of the year????

What a novel idea!!!!!

Well said. The one night of the year where you are guaranteed to get a DUI.

11-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Not if you sit all night at the flying j

11-12-2010, 02:07 PM
How much do you want to bet, there will still only be one Trooper out for the midnight shift! They have all the day shifts covered with the lunch bunch. When it comes to the evening shift guess what, usually three Troopers out for entire County.

I will check back with guys next year. Same old story all the Captains and Lieutenants out during morning shift, they attend a morning meeting then onto a extra long breakfast, then take a break before going to a long lunch and 51 to 10-42.

Now take a look at the evening shift staffing three Troopers, no time for dinner 10-65 -sig4, sig 16. How about half of the posers work evening shifts and have the other half of the posers work the midnight shift. I think day shift can survive without the posers. The evening shift and midnight shift needs the help during holidays. Leadership step up please.

Wait a second, I just saw the posers at the range it might be safer to keep them with the lunch bunch, I do not want to worry about saving them on the midnight shift.

Let’s get to work! Change we can never believe in.

11-12-2010, 02:33 PM
How much do you want to bet, there will still only be one Trooper out for the midnight shift! They have all the day shifts covered with the lunch bunch. When it comes to the evening shift guess what, usually three Troopers out for entire County.

I will check back with guys next year. Same old story all the Captains and Lieutenants out during morning shift, they attend a morning meeting then onto a extra long breakfast, then take a break before going to a long lunch and 51 to 10-42.

Now take a look at the evening shift staffing three Troopers, no time for dinner 10-65 -sig4, sig 16. How about half of the posers work evening shifts and have the other half of the posers work the midnight shift. I think day shift can survive without the posers. The evening shift and midnight shift needs the help during holidays. Leadership step up please.

Wait a second, I just saw the posers at the range it might be safer to keep them with the lunch bunch, I do not want to worry about saving them on the midnight shift.

How true!

11-12-2010, 05:47 PM

Maybe Lt. Col. Lierton will work for you.

11-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Try working 3 counties New Years by your self. It sucks

11-13-2010, 02:56 AM
When you work for a crappy agency crappy stuff happens to you. Is this a shock?

11-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Just one time I'd like to open up my email and read something positive. Every time there is more bad news. Every little perk is always taken away. Troop meetings are worse. Never any good news. Now I know what is meant by no news is good news. The brass must sit around and think "What can we take from them next to p#$$ them off even more?"

11-21-2010, 05:53 AM
Go to work!!!
I have to work from 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
I leave at 10:00 pm and have 2 hours to celebrate.
Go home take a shower and go out to my party.
I will still make it on time to the party. 12:00 midnight
shoot my gun like all Cubans in Hialeah do...
Get drunk and drive home... LOL

For you people that go to mids that day, Happy New Year!!!
Oh remember that at 12:00 midnight your ID number changes.