PDA

View Full Version : **P.B.A**

11-11-2010, 07:10 AM
Do you really believe p.b.a is in your best interest???

11-11-2010, 07:14 AM
NO! What good have they done us... Raises?....Better Benefits?

11-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Yeah what is the P.B.A. doing? Lets see, $34 X 12 months = $480

$480 X apprx. 600 members (LE & DET) = $288,000

$288,000 means what? None of the candidates the PBA endorses EVER get elected to office...

We never even see a glimmer of a raise and deputies like CT get the boot while ones like TC get back pay...

We need to start from the top down and elect a completely new board...

WHEN IS THE NEXT BOARD MEETING???????????????

11-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Yeah what is the P.B.A. doing? Lets see, $34 X 12 months = $480

$480 X apprx. 600 members (LE & DET) = $288,000

$288,000 means what? None of the candidates the PBA endorses EVER get elected to office...

We never even see a glimmer of a raise and deputies like CT get the boot while ones like TC get back pay...

We need to start from the top down and elect a completely new board...

WHEN IS THE NEXT BOARD MEETING???????????????
elections should be a cleansing process, out with the ones who are too lazy or too scared to do anything there is no assurance that they will do any better ,but at least the old board will get the message

11-11-2010, 04:28 PM
and guess what? the PBA Prez gets a quarter for each and every member each month. That's a nice piece of change for doing..........well he does a little bit, IF you can reach him. Why is it we are the ONLY agency in this area that has the PBA? ALL the others have gone elsewhere. Maybe their reps aren't assigned choice jobs in IA.

11-11-2010, 07:03 PM
and guess what? the PBA Prez gets a quarter for each and every member each month. That's a nice piece of change for doing..........well he does a little bit, IF you can reach him. Why is it we are the ONLY agency in this area that has the PBA? ALL the others have gone elsewhere. Maybe their reps aren't assigned choice jobs in IA.
maybe when ,sheriff mac , superintend Paul . commissioner Touart were giving up CIVIL SERVICE that was'nt such a good idea, but control freaks like things just as they are/

11-12-2010, 04:40 AM
We have FOP over here in Santa Rosa and they can't get anything done either. Best of luck. Be safe.

11-12-2010, 04:35 PM
You need to check around you lost no benifits because PBA fought for you. No one in the area got a raise, check around get your head out of the sand and get involved. PBA has taken care of it's own in this area. Just ask any member involved in any of the incidents latley. people always want to blow smoke but they do not want to be a problem solver just a problem ! Get over it Get involved>>>>>

11-12-2010, 05:37 PM
The PBA is the biggest waste of time and money we have. We are forced to pay into this group of thugs who's only defense of that money is "Hey you didn't get a pay cut"! That is stupid. Then to go and say "Look how we fought for you in some incidents"! That is equally as lame. Then, to make matters worse the PBA then sides with a KNOWN LIBERAL who would have basically turned Florida into the either the Obama State or the Pelosi State. I cannot even begin to imagine how many of our dollars was wasted supporting candidates most of us voted AGAINST!!! HOW STUPID IS THAT.

11-12-2010, 06:43 PM
You need to check around you lost no benifits because PBA fought for you. No one in the area got a raise, check around get your head out of the sand and get involved. PBA has taken care of it's own in this area. Just ask any member involved in any of the incidents latley. people always want to blow smoke but they do not want to be a problem solver just a problem ! Get over it Get involved>>>>>

I did check around and noticed that we lost the boot allowance. I know that it was small and did not amount to much, but it was a benefit that we lost with PBA fighting for us. So your statement is incorrect of not losing no benefits. I would recommend that a person also be in FOP, as well as PBA just incase PBA decides not to represent you if you get in trouble. Did you know that PBA can chose not to give you a lawyer for your defence, even though you are paying for that service with your dues? FOP will represent you whether they feel you are guilty or not because you are paying for that coverage. It has happened and PBA got mad at the FOP for representing some members that PBA would not represent. I thought it was a novel idea to get what you are paying for, but PBA does not have to honor that idea. Yet PBA can use your dues to contribute your money to candidates that you would not support and at the same time withhold your dues money from you in legal coverage that you think you are getting and chose not to represent you. So when did lose a benefit no matter how minor it was, money was spent on candidates that did not win, and you could not get legal representation if PBA decides you do not deserve it because you are guilty. What a great union where you have no decision in deciding if you get representation or not and not to spend or waste money on candidates that will not win. Who are those elite that make those decisions, since the commen dues payer does not?

11-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Maybe it’s time to get another union to represent us.

11-12-2010, 08:33 PM
JUSTWONDERING, are referring to Townsley?

11-13-2010, 01:43 AM
A thought about PBA and FOP. They can only do so much. Remember they are supposed to negotiate and hope that the other side is willing to find middle ground in giving benefits that all employees can profit from both financially and through job benefits. Thinking about Civil Service (what a fond memory) is nice but remember that George T , and Ronnie, and now David believe that they are are the ultimate power in their method of ruling and like a British king would not tolerate ANYONE telling them to limit the lashings never mind the beheadings as needed to guide the troops into a friendly and obedient attitude. Of course, those who are members of the Kings Court will titter and scrape and bow to maintain their status, not to mention telling DM how right and just he is as he rules over the "little people". Your choice is to join the inner circle (if you can stand to look at yourself in the mirror every morning) or support someone who may be willing to run against him and try like Hell to unseat him. The current opposition touted by some leaves a lot to be desired if character is a factor, but desperation may weaken your ordinary sense of what is right. And now........those of you who wish to unleash your nasty negative comments without the benefit of intelligence or class may begin............

11-13-2010, 06:02 AM
PBA sucks... Some people need to get a life and leave well enough alone, every comment on here does not have to involve Townsley. We all know CT got screwed, but life goes on...(and yes we are still waiting for someone from PBA to call us back). If we have to use PBA around here I believe our representatives should not be from the same Sheriffs office they work at. Most of the representatives are not gonna fight against someone whos signs their paycheck...

and no this is not CT its JT!!!!!

11-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Townsley got screwed!? He admitted under oath, in IA, that he submitted a falsified arrest report. Who screwed who? This obvious problem coupled with his prior lie to his then Lieutenant concerning a pursuit. I'm certain that any arbitrator selected would look at the facts surrounding Townsley's case and agree with him that his lie was excuseable because Townsley wanted to get back on the street and make more arrests to please his supervisor! Come on MAN!! Liar or stupid. You pick.

11-13-2010, 03:48 PM
PBA sucks... Some people need to get a life and leave well enough alone, every comment on here does not have to involve Townsley. We all know CT got screwed, but life goes on...(and yes we are still waiting for someone from PBA to call us back). If we have to use PBA around here I believe our representatives should not be from the same Sheriffs office they work at. Most of the representatives are not gonna fight against someone whos signs their paycheck...

Ct should have been represented to the end thats why he paid his dues. It is time to get rid of the PBA boot lickers.
Question: What unions represent LE, and what do we have to do to get the PBA dethrone?
This is not CT or JT.

11-13-2010, 06:14 PM
It really doesnt matter what union you use. Police cant strike, which means the employers have nothing to fear from not making the employees happy. Best you can do is go someplace that operates like you want. It will not be changing here for a while.

11-13-2010, 08:14 PM
The biggest problem with the PBA is that the board is all made up of employees. This allows for those employees to be intimidated or influenced by the Sheriff or the rest of the administration. We need a president that is an outsider who's job isn't on the line when they tell the sheriff, "no."

11-13-2010, 08:35 PM
The biggest problem with the PBA is that the board is all made up of employees. This allows for those employees to be intimidated or influenced by the Sheriff or the rest of the administration. We need a president that is an outsider who's job isn't on the line when they tell the sheriff, "no."
The President's job is not on the line, being President comes with certain immunity! All the talk on this thread accomplishes nothing, get involved! Your voice counts more when your involved! Educate yourself, make decisions on what you know, not what you think you know.

11-13-2010, 08:50 PM

Ct should have been represented to the end thats why he paid his dues. It is time to get rid of the PBA boot lickers.
Question: What unions represent LE, and what do we have to do to get the PBA dethrone?
This is not CT or JT.

So you advocate the PBA representing "to the end," any employee's actions, just because that employee paid dues? If not where do you draw the line?

Have you reviewed this employee's discipline file? I bet you have not! I bet if you took the time to review it, you might have a different opinion!

11-13-2010, 09:02 PM

You are entitled to you opinion, but I would say that you are somewhat biased!!! I can also promise you that we all don't think "CT got screwed!!!" Some of us have taken the time to review the file and know that he will be lucky to keep his standards. Feel free to do the same. Or ever better, I will make a public records request and post it here for all to see. Then everyone can decide for themselves if he got screwed? Carl may be a nice guy, but if he did come back to work what would he do? Could he ever testify in court again? Would a jury ever believe what he was testifying to? So he gets his job back, draws Deputy pay but he can't do the job? How is this fair?

I eagerly await your reply!

11-13-2010, 10:21 PM
A thought about PBA and FOP. They can only do so much. Remember they are supposed to negotiate and hope that the other side is willing to find middle ground in giving benefits that all employees can profit from both financially and through job benefits. Thinking about Civil Service (what a fond memory) is nice but remember that George T , and Ronnie, and now David believe that they are are the ultimate power in their method of ruling and like a British king would not tolerate ANYONE telling them to limit the lashings never mind the beheadings as needed to guide the troops into a friendly and obedient attitude. Of course, those who are members of the Kings Court will titter and scrape and bow to maintain their status, not to mention telling DM how right and just he is as he rules over the "little people". Your choice is to join the inner circle (if you can stand to look at yourself in the mirror every morning) or support someone who may be willing to run against him and try like Hell to unseat him. The current opposition touted by some leaves a lot to be desired if character is a factor, but desperation may weaken your ordinary sense of what is right. And now........those of you who wish to unleash your nasty negative comments without the benefit of intelligence or class may begin............ Civil SERVICE is the only fair system it takes the EGO'S out of the equation , ask a good attny that you trust ,it can be restored, but the behind the back deals will have to stop.

11-14-2010, 02:38 AM
The PBA is corrupted. The president and the vice-president are in the chief’s pocket. The rest of the vice- P are just scare they are going to be moved from their cushy jobs.

11-14-2010, 03:02 AM
The PBA is corrupted. The president and the vice-president are in the chief’s pocket. The rest of the vice- P are just scare they are going to be moved from their cushy jobs.

Incredible!!! Do you have proof??? Or is this just your opinion???

Please be carful with your reply as slander could be a problem!

11-14-2010, 03:07 AM
You better thank God we have PBA because it's the only thing keeping protected classes from being screwed by this goddamned morgaiken admin. Nobody wants PBA gone more than them so they can demote or terminate at will. Just imagine what their promotional procedure would look like. You think they're bad now...

11-14-2010, 05:23 AM
You better thank God we have PBA because it's the only thing keeping protected classes from being screwed by this goddamned morgaiken admin. Nobody wants PBA gone more than them so they can demote or terminate at will. Just imagine what their promotional procedure would look like. You think they're bad now...

Are you freaking kidding me? They already terminate and demote at will! To the post before this, SLANDER??? HA,HA,HA,HA.. that was funny. What a joke!!

11-14-2010, 12:18 PM

Are you freaking kidding me? They already terminate and demote at will! To the post before this, SLANDER??? HA,HA,HA,HA.. that was funny. What a joke!!

This post shows just how much of an idiot you are! "They already terminate and demote at will!" Don't just say it give us an example! I know you can not because it has not happened! I guess that you or one of your friends was demoted or terminated and you don't FEEL it was justified. That in no way is terminating or demoting at will.

11-14-2010, 12:42 PM
the pba was there for me up untill the end,cant say anyhthing bad about the pba and by the way your opinion may get more attention if you would put a name with it

11-14-2010, 03:40 PM

This post shows just how much of an idiot you are! "They already terminate and demote at will!" Don't just say it give us an example! I know you can not because it has not happened! I guess that you or one of your friends was demoted or terminated and you don't FEEL it was justified. That in no way is terminating or demoting at will.
you know they morgakins do what they please to whom they please, so dont kid yourself , go against them or one of their do-boys and see what happens to you.

11-14-2010, 11:44 PM

you know they morgakins do what they please to whom they please, so dont kid yourself , go against them or one of their do-boys and see what happens to you.

More accusations without evidence!!! You must be a Democrat!!!

11-15-2010, 01:25 AM
Your sheriff is a R.I.N.O he is a republICAN only because a democRAT cant get elected here, but like obama he is going to have a real tough time getting re-elected too many people cant stand the sight of him and his stupid tricycle .

11-15-2010, 08:52 PM

I will give you only one A$$ Clown, Captain Webber! Is that good enough for you Suck A$$! People like you sicken me.

11-16-2010, 05:22 AM
Go ahead dumb A - start your campaign to get rid of the PBA and bring another union in to represent you. When PBA goes, so does the entire contract and all of the benefits you get from that contract. Like receiving assignment pay? Lose PBA lose assignment pay. Like being able to have leave balances and carrying them over from year to year and accumulating a bunch of time? Lose PBA and you lose this too. Nothing will keep the Sheriff from limiting what you earn and if you don't use it, you lose it no matter if your shift was short and you couldn't take the time off. This contract is what is keeping the Sheriff from firing at will and promoting at will. I'm sure the Sheriff would love for you to get rid of PBA and the contract. He wouldn't have to budget for assignment pay, shift differential, excessive leave balances, he probably would be able to get rid of the take home cars. Think before you get on here and spout off. If you don't like who is on the board, get involved and run for that position. Very simple. But you are probably one of the many who want to moan and groan about needing changes, show up at one or two meetings and then are never heard from again. You want someone to run with the ball and make the changes, you just don't want that someone to be you. It's easier to stand on the sidelines and pi$$ and moan.

11-16-2010, 07:24 AM

I will give you only one A$$ Clown, Captain Webber! Is that good enough for you Suck A$$! People like you sicken me.
Are you kidding me? The former captain was to inept to run training so they had to move him. They later gave him a second chance to prove himself when they gave him the OIC of patrol. He failed miserably. The Lt. is right where he needs to be. Thankfully we have an administration that holds people accountable.

11-16-2010, 12:32 PM

I am sorry but you are wrong, you have also shown your ignorance! Lieutenant Webber was a Captain. Captains are not covered by the PBA Contract. Captains are "at will" employees. This mean they can be demoted at the will of the Sheriff. Another example would be former Chief Chavers. Another at will employee who was demoted by the Sheriff. Neither of these employees were in group that was covered by a PBA Contract.

11-16-2010, 05:26 PM
In a job that someone choose to educate themselves to make that job a career there should be a governing body with blinders on , where your actions are decided by someone who is there to make a fair decision on the merits . CIVIL SERVICE is the only way that can happen.The people of this county know that morgan thinks he is god ,but he has a rude awakening in 2012.

11-17-2010, 02:39 AM

Ha Ha! Who's the ass clown now?

11-18-2010, 07:12 PM
You people apparently don't read very well. Sack was simply stating that Webber was demoted at will, not that he fell under a PBA contract. Usually when someone is terminated or demoted, a paper trail came before them, that usually is an indication of a complete screw up. Now, whether Webber, or any of the numerous other demotions that have taken place in the last several months were because of stupidity, I am not privy to that information. I will suggest that we replace all of the board members and start over, for they have turned their backs on us, and lie under the Sheriff's desk, in my humble opinion.

11-18-2010, 07:37 PM

Are you kidding me? The former captain was to inept to run training so they had to move him. They later gave him a second chance to prove himself when they gave him the OIC of patrol. He failed miserably. The Lt. is right where he needs to be. Thankfully we have an administration that holds people accountable.
BUMP

11-22-2010, 12:23 AM
There are many people that have benefited from PBA. The real problem is that there are too many people that are upset because they are not on the in crowd team. It is clear that this Sheriff is doing a fine job but not what some think he should do. This does not mean he is a bad sheriff it means he performs contrary to an opinion of another. It is a fact that many approve of him. It is also a fact that many dislike him. The 2012 election will prove who is correct. To YELL and SCREAM insults under this cloak of anonimity is sad. I wish that your name would automaticaly be posted here. Then we could have an honest discussion concerning the issues without the cowards just stirring the pot by making random statement designed to only incite others. I bet the names would include those that are a constant with being babies. There are some that have issue with everthing that happens and the only input is pointing out what is wrong never offering a real solution.

As for the PBA board.........it is my understanding any of you can make the choice to run for a position on the board. Do that and then you can start to have a say in what happens. I bet if you did that you would then understand why some of the things happen like they do. It is my guess that there is a system in place that controls much of what occurs. The fact is most of those complaining on here will not do that. You will not because you would not be able to make the coward remarks without being accountable to those you are slamming. Because most of you are cowards you enjoy the safety of being able to hide in your little rat hole blog here. If you were not weak yourself you would be a leader and attempt to bring the change you claim you want.

If I were a board member I would be upset about the remarks here being made about being corrupt or in the pocket of the staff. The fact none of the board members have attempted to defend themselves concerning those remarks tell me a couple of things. They either dont read this BS or they take you for what you are.......a coward.

I hope I have the will power to never read this trash again. I hope the Sheriff continues to work toward his vision of what this agency should be. Even if I dont agree with all he does I respect he has a dedication to his position. PBA guys thank you for doing what you do.......I would want no part of what you have to deal with. Just a question is PBA representing Carl. If so I am waiting for the apology to be posted about how he was screwed. I believe that is what started this thread.

11-22-2010, 01:41 AM
To YELL and SCREAM insults under this cloak of anonimity is sad. I wish that your name would automaticaly be posted here.

Good point. Now what's your name again?

11-22-2010, 02:25 AM
[quote="COWARD ALERT":2chj7soe] To YELL and SCREAM insults under this cloak of anonimity is sad. I wish that your name would automaticaly be posted here.

Good point. Now what's your name again?[/quote:2chj7soe]
PLEASE ALLOW ME TO GIVE YOU HIS DAVID 2 ANY TIME YOU GET A LECTURE ABOUT HOW STUPID YOU ARE , HOW THE SHERIFF WILL BE RE-ELECTED NO PROBLEM IT;S DAVEY2 , THINGS ARE ROSY RIGHT NOW . BUT CAMPAIGN RALLIES ALL THE SKELETONS COME OUT THE CLOSET. THIS IS FOR ALL WHO HAVE TAKEN THIS DEPT DOWN.

11-22-2010, 03:52 AM
[quote="COWARD ALERT":3pj5ghzg] To YELL and SCREAM insults under this cloak of anonimity is sad. I wish that your name would automaticaly be posted here.

PLEASE ALLOW ME TO GIVE YOU HIS DAVID 2 ANY TIME YOU GET A LECTURE ABOUT HOW STUPID YOU ARE , HOW THE SHERIFF WILL BE RE-ELECTED NO PROBLEM IT;S DAVEY2 , THINGS ARE ROSY RIGHT NOW . BUT CAMPAIGN RALLIES ALL THE SKELETONS COME OUT THE CLOSET. THIS IS FOR ALL WHO HAVE TAKEN THIS DEPT DOWN.[/quote:3pj5ghzg]
That's right, Deanna. Skeletons will come out. Are you ready? And no, this isn't "Davey2".

11-22-2010, 02:56 PM
[quote="COWARD ALERT":1gw7wnz6] To YELL and SCREAM insults under this cloak of anonimity is sad. I wish that your name would automaticaly be posted here.

PLEASE ALLOW ME TO GIVE YOU HIS DAVID 2 ANY TIME YOU GET A LECTURE ABOUT HOW STUPID YOU ARE , HOW THE SHERIFF WILL BE RE-ELECTED NO PROBLEM IT;S DAVEY2 , THINGS ARE ROSY RIGHT NOW . BUT CAMPAIGN RALLIES ALL THE SKELETONS COME OUT THE CLOSET. THIS IS FOR ALL WHO HAVE TAKEN THIS DEPT DOWN.
That's right, Deanna. Skeletons will come out. Are you ready? And no, this isn't "Davey2".[/quote:1gw7wnz6]
THIS ISN'T DEANNA AND SHE ISN'T RUNNING FOR OFFICE ,SO WHO CARES ?

11-23-2010, 12:03 AM
one word "TEAMSTERS" they have been trying to get Sheriffs deputies to join. If you want a strong union that cares about there members. They have a local union Rep and organizer.

11-23-2010, 12:26 AM
one word "TEAMSTERS" they have been trying to get Sheriffs deputies to join. If you want a strong union that cares about there members. They have a local union Rep and organizer.
THATS JUST WHAT THE SHERIFF's OFFICE NEEDS IS A BUNCH OF MOBSTERS REPRESENTING THEM WAY TO GO ,WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THIS IDEA.

11-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Dump the PBA, ignore the FOP and do not go with the Teamsters. What needs to be done is use the dues monies everyone pays now and hire a Business manager and place a well respected Employment Rights attorney on retainer. The FOP and PBA are only concerned about your dues payments. They can decide to represent you or not when the time comes and there is no appeal. They will tell you that your case is a 'loser' and they have a responibility to ALL the other dues paying members not to waste time and money on 'losing' cases.

Gather as many local Depts as you can to join the 'North West Florida Public Safety Association' or what ever the name would be.

The next election have a political action comittee endorse one winning candidate and go after one candidate who has not been a friend to Law Enforcement. Endorse his/her opponent. If both your picks win, you are now in a very favorable negioating position, as you have proven politiacl muscle.

These type of changes do not happen overnight and require planning and committment. Staying with FOP, PBA and the like is more of the same with no gains and many set backs.

11-28-2010, 11:35 PM
[quote="COWARD ALERT":2stlxj5a] To YELL and SCREAM insults under this cloak of anonimity is sad. I wish that your name would automaticaly be posted here.

Good point. Now what's your name again?[/quote:2stlxj5a]
I was not telling or screaming. I only made a point and never directed my comment toward a specific person. To remain anonomous in that setting is not being a coward it was simply an observation and commentary. I still say if you are going to attack a specific person then you should post your name so all can see who you are. If you do not do that you are a coward. If I decide to attack you as an individual and become provoking I will post my name for you to see. However, the cowards here would just attack me and not put their names.......they are cowards and would not be influenced by my integrity.

I want to know what all the people think now CT is being represented by PBA. Where is there a thread about how PBA did the right thing after stating they were doing wrong?

11-29-2010, 12:00 AM
CT is a lying POS and the PBA is only "representing" him as a show. He don't stand a chance at getting his job back.