5-$53,597
6-$56,008
7-$58,529
8-$61,163
9-$63,609
10-$66,153
11-$68,800
12-$71,552
This is the Sarasota County Sheriff 12 step pay plan. i found out that the Sheriff Ofc has gotten their step raises every year. Why dont we have a step pay plan? A deputy at 12yrs makes 71,552 a year not including 1,500 a year for a 4yr degree shift diff pay and up to 3,000 for any special unit pay and of course o/t. The sheriff office also have gotten yearly cost of living increases. This makes me questions our union and department. We have 12 year cpo's not making more then 45 grand a year. :|

11-10-2010, 10:03 PM
We continue to get screwed every year. We had a Step Plan implemented but it was never funded. Does anyone have an answer to PBA's lack of productivity. Mr. Scott please look at this. We are the most under paid P&P in the country.

11-10-2010, 10:36 PM
We continue to get screwed every year. We had a Step Plan implemented but it was never funded. Does anyone have an answer to PBA's lack of productivity. Mr. Scott please look at this. We are the most under paid P&P in the country.
Careful about what you ask for. If he looks and finds "any other state" that pays lower you will reap the benefits-can you say pay cut? Governor does NOT care what Sarasota County pays it's deputies. Their pay does not come out of the state budget-your pay does.

11-11-2010, 12:41 AM
Snott does'nt care about anything but cutting you out. He will just laugh at a PBA step pay plan. It isn't going to happen folks. You better just concentrate on surviving!

11-11-2010, 12:54 AM
why do you people continue to respond to the original poster's antagonistic garbage? it's the same cop wannabe that's been doing this since this site came up. stop giving him the ammo.

11-11-2010, 01:01 AM
I hate to break the news to everyone, but all state law enforcement jobs pay for shiz. As for the PBA, you can pretty much factor them out of any future negotiations. Florida is a right to work state. As far as Republicans will be concerned, PBA is going to be as welcome at the capitol and governor's office as a turd in a punch bowl at a post swearing in party. They will have no pull whatsoever.

The step pay plan has never been funded because the legislature has never seen the need. If you recall, the only way SE Florida got CAD was because of the turnover. No BDU flu, no cause for concern. What is needed is some ammunition from the APPA. A comparison of salaries nationwide needs to be put together, reviewed by committee and if favorable, presented to the legislature.

11-11-2010, 01:34 AM
Keep given pba your money! They are laughing all the way to the bank. You are wasting your money...

11-11-2010, 01:45 AM
You don't get it! No one cares what we get paid or how dangerous the work is. The very fact that we have jobs and thousands of Floridians do not is what they care about. If anyone really wanted to do something about the state's fiscal crisis they would look at all the over paid legislators. These people for the most part have other full-time jobs. Their elected positions are part-time jobs yet THEY get state benefits and salary. They make more that most of the people that elected them. What really needs to be done is REDUCE legislator's pay to minimum wage. They already have full-time jobs and special interests lining their pockets (Rubio's credit card expenses come to mind). Serving the citizens of Florida should be a privilege not a pay day! Sure get rid of the over abundance administrators and people in made up jobs and while we're at it interstate compact. But when you do that, those people who have connections to those truely in power will just land somewhere else hidden away under a different title. This budget excerise is just another game of where's Waldo.

11-11-2010, 02:26 AM
Yeah, it's like the time we "rounded up" all those absconders by putting them in S04 status. What's really sad it that state workers are being villified just because we have jobs. They know they need us so the only way they can get back at us is to cut our benefits. Which are the very reason (in most cases) that make the small salaries worth the sacrfice. I'm very disheartened by all of the "Let's Get To Work" talk. I've been working, Protecting the public, making sure offenders follow their orders, helping the one or two that want the help with other resources. The pay is ok but the benefits make the job worthwhile. I understand that I have a job and health insurance which is more than some but most of the people out there can't or won't do the job I do. Old baldy can sit on his throne high in Tallahassee and throw slogans my way but he could never do what I and hundreds of other do every day. It's easy to say cut salaries and benefits without understanding what it means to the people that are affected. My only hope is that in 4 years the thousands of people that will have been thrown out of their jobs like the garbage he thinks we are, influence their friends, family and neighbors to throw him and all those who jump on his coattails out the same way.

11-11-2010, 02:29 AM
I'm from FDLE and I will admit 10 years ago I had no idea what P&P did. Now I know, your really not any different then we are. State Cops that are over worked and under paid. welcome to the club fellas we are all hurting and it might get worse (remember we are the guys who investigated him) so we are really in the fire. Anyway we all have to stick together, I dont think PBA is gonna help!

11-11-2010, 12:25 PM
The state is never going to fund that. This is a dead topic. Privatization will happen before that.

11-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Well i have heard that P&P is going to lose special risk and the other sworn leo's will back it to keep them from losing any money out of their pockets :cry:

this is a major concern and will most likely happen soon!!!

11-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Well i have heard that P&P is going to lose special risk and the other sworn leo's will back it to keep them from losing any money out of their pockets :cry:

this is a major concern and will most likely happen soon!!!

All retirement is coming under attack to be reduced not just P&P's but that could be on the table also.

11-11-2010, 02:02 PM
"Workers of the world, Unite!"

11-12-2010, 12:41 AM
It's too late. We should have united on election day and then we wouldn't even be talking about this. Hold on tight the mother of all hurricanes - Hurricane Rick - is comming our way and there's no way to stop it. I get sick to my stomach thinking about it. Think I'll go lay down and have another antacid.

11-12-2010, 01:18 AM
THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

Open Carry Man
11-12-2010, 01:40 AM
It's too late. We should have united on election day and then we wouldn't even be talking about this. Hold on tight the mother of all hurricanes - Hurricane Rick - is comming our way and there's no way to stop it. I get sick to my stomach thinking about it. Think I'll go lay down and have another antacid.

It's not what Rick Scott has in mind for CPOs, or even DC that worries me. It's what he has in mind for ALL state employees. Think about that. This hypocrite, and his hypocrite followers, who decry "class warfare" of poor vs. rich have no problem with the "class warfare" of private sector vs. public sector employees.

11-12-2010, 02:09 AM
Yup you're right. ALL state employees should have had better sense to vote for this power crazy criminal. bet he's having a good laugh.

RS: "ha, ha, ha, Told 'em I was gonna fire all of them and make them go work for the private industry and they still voted for me" "Morons!!!" "They deserve this" "wonder how much I could get for FSP??, Guess, I'll have to call CCA and GEO to see where I should start the bidding"

GEO: "Why yes, G'vnr, we'd be happy to put in a bid for you little 'ol prison. Yes, we probably could pay minimum wage unless you Dean and Mike can get enough votes to give us some kind of exemption" "Well, let us know and yes, in 8 years we probably can talk about some kind of management position for you"

CCA: "yes, of course we're interested. Matter of fact if you could bundle a few of them together in one big package deal that would be great" " Yes, can talk about "more options" in 8 years, your managemnet style fits right into our corporate philosphy".

AND SO IT GOES...........................

01-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Pba = barney fife. Teamsters get u at least 1% raise every year or there iz hell to pay.

01-18-2011, 11:00 PM
PBA has published their long running step plan:
Step 1 – Sign up for PBA membership.
Step 2 – Pay your dues.
Step 3 – Don’t complain, there’s nothing we can do!
Step 4 – Sign up your co-workers for PBA membership and continue your silence.
Step 5 – Repeat step 2. :shock:

01-18-2011, 11:34 PM
Step 2 – Pay your dues.

Step 6 – If you have any questions regarding your contract please talk amongst yourselves.
Step 7 – If you see a PBA rep at your facility DON’T BE ALARMED! We have retained an advance team of elderly to aggressively hand out literature and sooth the young during the Teamster campaign.
Step 8 – If you have a grievance please do not contact the PBA directly. Please complete your grievance form and pin it to one of our elderly reps PBA jackets. We assure you your grievances will be harvested and evaluated for merit.
Step 9 – Repeat step 5.

01-22-2011, 04:17 AM
Step 2 – Pay your dues.

Step 6 – If you have any questions regarding your contract please talk amongst yourselves.
Step 7 – If you see a PBA rep at your facility DON’T BE ALARMED! We have retained an advance team of elderly to aggressively hand out literature and sooth the young during the Teamster campaign.
Step 8 – If you have a grievance please do not contact the PBA directly. Please complete your grievance form and pin it to one of our elderly reps PBA jackets. We assure you your grievances will be harvested and evaluated for merit.
Step 9 – Repeat step 5.

LOL! NOW THAT"S FUNNY!!!! BUT TRUE :shock: