PDA

View Full Version : *Radio Etiquette* for dummies

11-09-2010, 04:04 AM
Ok this has been making me crazy lately. TURN OFF YOUR FN CAR STEREO WHEN YOU TALK ON THE RADIO!!! Each shift has one of these tools. For some stupid reason a few think it is cool to jam out 24-7. Here is another free tip: Shut off your stereo turn the A/C blower down and roll down your windows to below your ear level when you’re cruising around. You might be amazed at what you might hear, maybe even a 21 in progress.

11-09-2010, 08:53 PM
tac talker you shut up! :x

11-09-2010, 11:29 PM
The siren keeps me awake.

11-10-2010, 01:00 AM
I agree Tac Talker. You know what drives me crazy? When someone says "Chapy" on the radio. All I here is Chapy go here, Chapy do this, Chapy do that. Gives this guy Chapy a break. What, he the only guy on duty or what?

11-10-2010, 03:15 AM
How about using the word "outstanding". Do we really need to hear this word ten thousand times a day.....please please think of another word cuz if i hear outstanding again....zzzzz

11-10-2010, 03:23 AM
Can someone please explain to me who started the term "patient contact"? Where the heck did that originate from? What are you all a bunch of paramedics now? Whats next BP 180 over 60? What happened to just saying "naples he/she is concious and breathing"? :?

11-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Dr. Zhivago I completely disagree. When arive on scene I say, "Naples, Complainant contact, alert and still dialing 911". Hows that Doctor? I bet your one of those guys that says "Chapy" on the radio too.

11-10-2010, 11:28 AM
oUTSTANDING

11-10-2010, 01:08 PM
I enjoy saying "eeeawww" instead of 10-4 when responding to dispatch when they send me to a stupid call!

11-10-2010, 05:37 PM
I make dispatch call me so many times someone on my shift picks up the call. There's a lot of background noise with my head shoved up my posterior.

11-10-2010, 07:14 PM
I agree Tac Talker. You know what drives me crazy? When someone says "Chapy" on the radio. All I here is Chapy go here, Chapy do this, Chapy do that. Gives this guy Chapy a break. What, he the only guy on duty or what?

I agree. Will somebody from D-1 please (Removed by Mod 167) tell him this “Chappy” thing is getting old. You think he would have gotten the hint when our supervisor told him he didn’t want to talk to him.

11-10-2010, 07:30 PM

I agree. Will somebody from D-1 please (Removed by Mod 167) tell him this “Chappy” thing is getting old. You think he would have gotten the hint when our supervisor told him he didn’t want to talk to him.

Now you did it! He’s going to come down to your new substation and bust through the door leaving a hole in the shape of his silhouette and eat all your bananas.

11-11-2010, 01:37 AM
Ok this has been making me crazy lately. TURN OFF YOUR FN CAR STEREO WHEN YOU TALK ON THE RADIO!!! Each shift has one of these tools. For some stupid reason a few think it is cool to jam out 24-7. Here is another free tip: Shut off your stereo turn the A/C blower down and roll down your windows to below your ear level when you’re cruising around. You might be amazed at what you might hear, maybe even a 21 in progress.

The only thing I hear when I roll down my window and turn off my "stereo" is whatever car is next to me blasting their music. Then of course I cant hear dispatch. Ugghh what to do.... by the way what does a 21 in progress sound like? I didnt know they have roads behind houses. Now get back to your office work

11-11-2010, 03:05 AM
by the way what does a 21 in progress sound like? I didnt know they have roads behind houses. Now get back to your office work

You wouldn't know, only real cops do!!!!

It's the sound of breaking glass or a door being pried open, things that you just drive by without noticing.

You are probably the type who sits in a parking lot of a shopping center that has a store with a front door or window shattered out and you never notice it. You just sit there with your stereo on and windows up, scared to get out and check the business.

You're the kind of deputy that dayshift curses when they have to work the Burglary you should have found.

11-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Can someone please explain to me who started the term "patient contact"? Where the heck did that originate from? What are you all a bunch of paramedics now? Whats next BP 180 over 60? What happened to just saying "naples he/she is concious and breathing"? :?

What an OUTSTANDING idea, we can all wear those blue jump suits and carry big silver clipboards. Start an IV with ringers lactate, Squad 51!

11-11-2010, 03:13 PM
How about using the word "outstanding". Do we really need to hear this word ten thousand times a day.....please please think of another word cuz if i hear outstanding again....zzzzz

OUTSTANDING OUTSTANDING OUTSTANDING OUTSTANDING OUTSTANDING OUTSTANDING

11-11-2010, 08:04 PM
I used to drive around with my windows, and my pants, down...before I retired for medical reasons :)

veteranrookie
11-11-2010, 10:00 PM

That wasn't ten thousand times, 10-9...

11-11-2010, 10:41 PM

That wasn't ten thousand times, 10-9...

This is the only saying Chief JB knows. DH taught him this.

11-12-2010, 12:46 AM
A few more:
--"Annnndd....naples..." Annnnnnddd is unneccesary
--1014 is routine, stop asking if 46. if 46, say 46.
--There is NO: Lincoln, Ocean,etc. maybe you said it that way up north, not here, learn our way.
--"Going 97,,,"or are you just 97??
--stop saying, "naples, 10-8." and making them ask you HOW you are 10-8...or better yet, use mdt every now and then, that's why you have one.
---"Naples, call the caller back and..."...(that's why you have a nextel...freakin use it)

I don't work dispatch. :evil:

11-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Saying Chappy is cool.

11-12-2010, 07:19 PM
You're a Chappy hater

11-13-2010, 12:50 AM
A few more:
--"Annnndd....naples..." Annnnnnddd is unneccesary
--1014 is routine, stop asking if 46. if 46, say 46.
--There is NO: Lincoln, Ocean,etc. maybe you said it that way up north, not here, learn our way.
--"Going 97,,,"or are you just 97??
--stop saying, "naples, 10-8." and making them ask you HOW you are 10-8...or better yet, use mdt every now and then, that's why you have one.
---"Naples, call the caller back and..."...(that's why you have a nextel...freakin use it)

I don't work dispatch. :evil:
Ok just for you instead of Lincoln I will say LOSER! When you become perfect let me know. Going 10-08.

11-13-2010, 04:44 PM
A sad reminder to stay professional at all times and that radio and mdt comments can one day be in print.
Cut and pasted from an article in officer.com regarding a cop using his mdt, driving unauthorized code and then killing a biker in Indiana:

An internal police investigation released Wednesday showed Bisard voluntarily dispatched himself to help serve a warrant at 11:17 a.m.

He was operating with lights and sirens running, a violation of department policy on non-emergency runs, and was traveling at 73 mph in a 40 mph zone, weaving in and out of traffic, investigators said.

At the same time, police said Bisard was sending and receiving electronic messages not related to police business on the laptop in his vehicle.

At 11:18:11 a.m., Bisard typed, "Why not?" in response to a message from Officer Joseph Maxey that said, "Don't show up with ketchup & mustard all over your shirt," referring to the Indiana State Fair.

Maxey responded, "Its (sic) not tactical" at 11:18:39, to which Bisard typed, "It smells good" at 11:19:03.

The next message, the last in the conversation, was sent by Maxey at 11:20:04 a.m. and reads, "I dare u to show up with a big ass elephant ear."

At 11:21:42, Bisard radioed in that he had been involved in a personal-injury accident and that he needed an ambulance right away.

"I need a medic rush to, uh, five six and Brendon Park Way. I've been involved in a PI accident. I've hit a motorcycle and there's two people down. Actually there's three people down," Bisard said over the radio, according to the internal report. "Rush, please rush."

11-13-2010, 11:50 PM
:snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

11-15-2010, 03:23 AM
check stank check

11-18-2010, 03:34 PM
A sad reminder to stay professional at all times and that radio and mdt comments can one day be in print.
Cut and pasted from an article in officer.com regarding a cop using his mdt, driving unauthorized code and then killing a biker in Indiana:

An internal police investigation released Wednesday showed Bisard voluntarily dispatched himself to help serve a warrant at 11:17 a.m.

He was operating with lights and sirens running, a violation of department policy on non-emergency runs, and was traveling at 73 mph in a 40 mph zone, weaving in and out of traffic, investigators said.

At the same time, police said Bisard was sending and receiving electronic messages not related to police business on the laptop in his vehicle.

At 11:18:11 a.m., Bisard typed, "Why not?" in response to a message from Officer Joseph Maxey that said, "Don't show up with ketchup & mustard all over your shirt," referring to the Indiana State Fair.

Maxey responded, "Its (sic) not tactical" at 11:18:39, to which Bisard typed, "It smells good" at 11:19:03.

The next message, the last in the conversation, was sent by Maxey at 11:20:04 a.m. and reads, "I dare u to show up with a big ass elephant ear."

At 11:21:42, Bisard radioed in that he had been involved in a personal-injury accident and that he needed an ambulance right away.

"I need a medic rush to, uh, five six and Brendon Park Way. I've been involved in a PI accident. I've hit a motorcycle and there's two people down. Actually there's three people down," Bisard said over the radio, according to the internal report. "Rush, please rush."
Thats why when any one in the Agency F's up while driving the first thing IA does is check ur CAD messages, ur agency cell phone, and ur personal cell phone. Then they go to the audio/video dvd/hard drive of ur in car camara system.

11-19-2010, 01:58 AM
LADIO ETIQUITTE IS RIKE ANGLY MAN. HE BITE PIRROW RIKE DAT UDDER GUY

11-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Can somebody please tell me who this "Background" guy is? I can't tell you how many times I hear dep's key up there radios and say "I got Background Naples". What do they keep getting him for and why is he always hanging around Collier County? Oh and another thing why does he keep distracting deputies to the point where they don't hear their radios and have to get the ol' alert tone? I will tell you one thing if I ever run into this Background guy he better keep his mouth shut or i'm taking his sorry butt to the can. He must be some kind of a loud talker I guess.... :?

11-22-2010, 11:22 PM
HOW YOU FIT BUTT IN CAN ? 2 CHAAAAA WEEEEEEEE

12-03-2010, 03:10 AM
Can someone please tell me who "Anon" is? I have been in patrol for some time now and every so often we get a complaint from a guy named Anon. This guy always calls in stupid stuff like noise complaints and dogs barking but never wants 10-05 and never leaves a phone number. I think it's about time we stop appeasing this guy until we find out who he is... :?

12-04-2010, 04:00 PM
I like the guys who sound like they are taking a crap on the radio when they talk...........uh.....uhhh Naples,

12-04-2010, 04:14 PM
double flush.....with a wipe

12-07-2010, 12:34 AM
CHAPPY CHAPPY, CHAPPY IS HAPPY. CHAPPY CHAPPY, HE IS NOT CRAPPY. CHAPPY CHAPPY WILL SOME DAY BE A PAPPY. CHAPPY CHAPPY CAN READ A MAPPY. CHAPPY CHAPPY TOOK A NAPPY. CHAPPY CHAPPY WEARS A CAPPY. CHAPPY CHAPPY THINKS 2 CHA WEE IS A JAPPY. CHAPPY CHAPPY, WHEN HE SITS DOWN HE HAS A LAPPY. CHAPPY CHAPPY SHOOTS HIS TASER AND YOU GET ZAPPY.

12-07-2010, 11:16 PM
ME NO JAPPY. ME HAPPY JUST RIKE CHAPPY.

12-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Chappy is cool and he could chap my a$$ anytime......xoxoxoxo

12-08-2010, 07:49 AM
boss i'm 31v on a motorcycle south on 41 by pelican bay.........he's really fast
TERMINATE THE PURSUIT
10-4 terminating the pursuit, he is still going fast just turned down sea gate
BARNEL TERMINATE THE PURSUIT
ok but he's going to crash any minute
STOP CHASING HIM TERMINATE THE PURSUIT
terminating the pursuit, still going fast almost wrecked out

from the old days

12-08-2010, 03:10 PM
boss i'm 31v on a motorcycle south on 41 by pelican bay.........he's really fast
TERMINATE THE PURSUIT
10-4 terminating the pursuit, he is still going fast just turned down sea gate
BARNEL TERMINATE THE PURSUIT
ok but he's going to crash any minute
STOP CHASING HIM TERMINATE THE PURSUIT
terminating the pursuit, still going fast almost wrecked out

from the old days

M.R. really enjoyed that one.