PDA

View Full Version : Troop A's New Schedule

11-04-2010, 04:14 PM
The major announced by email that shift change would be January 7th instead of Dec.31st and would be the first Friday of each month after that instead of the 28 day cycle.
Anybody else gonna start this or is it just Troop A? How about you Troop G or H guys?

11-04-2010, 07:20 PM
The major announced by email that shift change would be January 7th instead of Dec.31st and would be the first Friday of each month after that instead of the 28 day cycle.
Anybody else gonna start this or is it just Troop A? How about you Troop G or H guys?

Eddie Johnson pulled that crap down here in Lee County as well, what it means is when you have to pull a midnight shift you will some time have to pull it for fives instead of four.

Eddie Johnson is the biggest jerk on the Florida Highway Patrol

You guys can have the buck toothed idiot.

11-04-2010, 07:22 PM

Eddie Johnson pulled that crap down here in Lee County as well, what it means is when you have to pull a midnight shift you will some times have to pull it for five weeks instead of four.

Eddie Johnson is the biggest jerk on the Florida Highway Patrol

You guys can have the buck toothed idiot., Eddie Johnson is a legend in his own mind.

11-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Why bother with a new shift. We will work whatever schedule Governor Scott or the new FHP Director decide we work.

11-04-2010, 10:07 PM
I like the new schedule. Changing shift once a month makes a lot more sence to me. Why did it take so long to get away from that stupid 28 day rotation. We have been on 40 hours weeks for years.

I am sick tired of all this Pensacola bunch always whining.

11-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Why bother with a new shift. We will work whatever schedule Governor Scott or the new FHP Director decide we work.

Rick Scott will be supporting Eddie to be the next FHP Colonel. You better hope it's him and not one of the current Lt. Colonel's.

11-04-2010, 10:54 PM
I saw LTC Lierton holding Rick Scott signs down from the capital.....He WILL be the next colonel...... watch and see.... You better start calling Scotts transition team telling him NOT to consider Lierton becuase of his discrimination against anyone who is not a white male.... :devil:

11-05-2010, 12:06 AM
FHP will not exist and you whiney pricks will all be DOC jailers soon. Enjoy your new status, you fairies of the highways.

11-05-2010, 01:23 AM
I like the new schedule. Changing shift once a month makes a lot more sence to me. Why did it take so long to get away from that stupid 28 day rotation. We have been on 40 hours weeks for years.

The 28 day cycle keeps things evened out and fair. The once a month thing does not. The same squad would get to take Thanksgiving as a RDO ever year from now on, midnight guys would have to work 5 weeks at times. Five day breaks would be changed. Annual leave calendar will be all messed up. Why change something that works?

11-05-2010, 11:52 AM

The 28 day cycle keeps things evened out and fair. The once a month thing does not. The same squad would get to take Thanksgiving as a RDO ever year from now on, midnight guys would have to work 5 weeks at times. Five day breaks would be changed. Annual leave calendar will be all messed up. Why change something that works?

THE NEW SCHEDULE IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH EASIER. I CAN TELL MY KIDS THAT I KNOW I HAVE TO WORK ON EVERY SINGLE THANKSGIVING FOR THE REST OF MY CAREER, UNLESS WE TRANSFER TO ANOTHER TROOP. IF YOU WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO LAND ON A SQUAD WITH WED/THURS OFF IN NOVEMBER, THEN YOU CAN TELL YOUR FAMILY THAT YOU WILL ALWAYS BE HOME WITH THEM ON THANKSGIVING. BY COINCIDENCE, THE SQUAD THAT HAS THANKSGIVING OFF EVERY YEAR, ALSO HAS ALL THE ALWAYS-ON-A-MONDAY HOLIDAYS OFF, CAUSE THEY HAVE MON/TUES OFF DURING THOSE MONTHS. SEE HOW MUCH EASIER IT IS (FOR THEM). IF YOU ARE IN A POSITION THAT YOU DON'T WORK ON THE HOLIDAYS, THEN I GUESS IT DOESN'T MATTER TO YOU AS LONG AS YOU GET YOURS :devil:

11-05-2010, 12:46 PM

THE NEW SCHEDULE IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH EASIER. I CAN TELL MY KIDS THAT I KNOW I HAVE TO WORK ON EVERY SINGLE THANKSGIVING FOR THE REST OF MY CAREER, UNLESS WE TRANSFER TO ANOTHER TROOP. IF YOU WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO LAND ON A SQUAD WITH WED/THURS OFF IN NOVEMBER, THEN YOU CAN TELL YOUR FAMILY THAT YOU WILL ALWAYS BE HOME WITH THEM ON THANKSGIVING. BY COINCIDENCE, THE SQUAD THAT HAS THANKSGIVING OFF EVERY YEAR, ALSO HAS ALL THE ALWAYS-ON-A-MONDAY HOLIDAYS OFF, CAUSE THEY HAVE MON/TUES OFF DURING THOSE MONTHS. SEE HOW MUCH EASIER IT IS (FOR THEM). IF YOU ARE IN A POSITION THAT YOU DON'T WORK ON THE HOLIDAYS, THEN I GUESS IT DOESN'T MATTER TO YOU AS LONG AS YOU GET YOURS :devil:

There are several Highway Patrols suck as Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas where Troopers work RED DAYS ie Thanksgiving - where every Trooper works due to the increase in traffic.

Of course, those are in states with real troopers that don't moan and cry about everything.

11-05-2010, 01:01 PM

There are several Highway Patrols suck as Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas where Troopers work RED DAYS ie Thanksgiving - where every Trooper works due to the increase in traffic.

Of course, those are in states with real troopers that don't moan and cry about everything.

I thought we beefed up patrol during the holidays? The press release that Tallahassee puts out says we do. It says all office personel will leave the office and be patrolling the highways. Is this not true?

All uniformed FHP personnel, including those normally assigned to administrative duties, will patrol interstates and other major roadways during the four-day holiday period. FHP Auxiliary and Reserve troopers will volunteer to augment the Patrol’s forces during the holiday enforcement period, too.

11-05-2010, 01:05 PM
FHP Auxiliary and Reserve troopers will volunteer

WILL VOLUNTEER?

11-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Yea, all administrative functions are suspended during holidays, just as the press releases state. After all, staff can't get any work done when you are at home with the family.

11-08-2010, 07:28 PM
I think the new shift change schedule is an awful idea.
But i do agree with not changing shifts until January 7, 2011 because that will give my shift another week of day shift and another weekend off not to mention our off days will be january 1 and 2. The ones making these decisions are brilliant.

11-08-2010, 07:50 PM
I think the new shift change schedule is an awful idea.
But i do agree with not changing shifts until January 7, 2011 because that will give my shift another week of day shift and another weekend off not to mention our off days will be january 1 and 2. The ones making these decisions are brilliant.

Major Johnson is the biggest horses rear end on the Florida Highway Patrol. He lies through his buck teeth all the time.