PDA

View Full Version : THE NEW POLICE STATION, THE NEW VERSAILLES

THOMAS HOBBES
10-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Since its inauguration in 1682 the Versailles was understood to be the most prominent building in Europe of its time. It served not only as a magnificent display of wealth, art and power, but it served as a political purpose as well.

Located 20 kilometers away from Paris, Louis XIV used the building as a way to consolidate his power. All the ministers and nobility had to move their offices into this new location, and thus preventing them of developing their own political sphere of power and influence outside his purview.

The palace was passed on into the new generations of nobles, Louis XV and Louis XVI as well. It endured the French revolution (1789-1799). Has received many visitors from all over the world, it has being the inspiration for further architectural enterprises reassembling the same royal spirit. Today the Versailles is a museum open to the public.

I see some humble correspondences between the Versailles and our New Police Station:

• Both are without precedent.
• Both mark the turning point of a new epoch.
• Both served as a morale booster tool and provided an inspiration of its own.

Whatever we think of the New Police Station, the truth of the matters is that it is an outstanding facility. It provides a more solid, visible and serious Police presence on campus.

A notable difference with the Versailles is that the New Police Station does not include the despotism, ruthless and autocratic system of the “Old Regime” (as the French Court used to be called) . The Versailles was a symbol of the French despotism of its day. It was the monarch Louis XIV that one that coined the phrase “I am the State”. Sumarizing in him all absolute power.

Up to here, it has been my experience, that the monarchs and nobles of our department, are characterized by a very “favorable, positive and benevolent” spirit.

Peace.

10-31-2010, 04:44 PM
You need to get a life :snicker: And lay off the nitrous oxide.

THOMAS HOBBES
11-01-2010, 12:17 AM
LOL. LOL LOL LOL. I PROMISE I WILL CUT DOWN THE CAFFEINE A LITTLE, READ LESS AND WATCH MORE TV. THAT SHOULD HELP. LOL LOL LOL

I AM ALREADY WORKING ON IT. LOL LOL LOL

Peace to You from Thomas Hobbes.

cubby315
11-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Yo quiero un pastelito de guayaba... So, yea Versailles sounds really good :devil:

11-09-2010, 05:54 PM
We no speak Español :oops: :snicker:

cubby315
11-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Awe, Sorry Bubba. Translation "I want a guava pastry from Versailles" :snicker: