PDA

View Full Version : schedules

10-28-2010, 11:59 PM
So tell me just what is the "official DOC policy on schedules"? I am really getting confused since every Circuit does something different, or even better every office even within the Circuit! I thought you worked 8 - 5, but had to put in 16 hrs monthly non-traditional hours per PBA agreement. Just wondering.

10-29-2010, 12:43 AM
So tell me just what is the "official DOC policy on schedules"? I am really getting confused since every Circuit does something different, or even better every office even within the Circuit! I thought you worked 8 - 5, but had to put in 16 hrs monthly non-traditional hours per PBA agreement. Just wondering.

Everyone should follow Circuit 6. Go Circuit 6 - you are the envy of the Department. :devil:

10-29-2010, 12:55 AM
no, circuit 6 is writing it's own rules and each office within the circuit writes it's own rules and certain special officers get to write their own schedules and get them approved while the not so special officers get harassed over and over and over again. so far, cant find one thing in writing about anything OTHER than we DO NOT work the standard 8-5 work schedule. beyond that, its whatever the circuit administrator, supervisor, or best friend decides the feel you should work. because deep down, who is the best guage of what i should work than a CA who hasn't had a caseload in a few decades and a supervisor who is completely out of touch with reality.

10-29-2010, 03:29 AM
no, circuit 6 is writing it's own rules and each office within the circuit writes it's own rules and certain special officers get to write their own schedules and get them approved while the not so special officers get harassed over and over and over again. so far, cant find one thing in writing about anything OTHER than we DO NOT work the standard 8-5 work schedule. beyond that, its whatever the circuit administrator, supervisor, or best friend decides the feel you should work. because deep down, who is the best guage of what i should work than a CA who hasn't had a caseload in a few decades and a supervisor who is completely out of touch with reality.
Oh you must be talking about the Matt Sampson show up at the 064 monthly forum with your host Yvette Allen. Yea your right its not about the rules its what ever they want until 7 days from the date of incidence someone gets the balls to file career service grievence and take it all the way to region. They have to respond. If that don't work go EEO because she is supervising that office with other factors besides departmental rules. I bet that whole office is divided along racial lines. Trust me there is a whole lot of witness with lots to talk about with that same kind of information. 3 whole offices worth and then some. Its progessive and continual harrassment.

10-29-2010, 06:29 PM
IF THE POLICY CONCERNING THE MAKING OF SCHEDULES IS NOT A TALLAHASSEE CENTRAL OFFICE FUNCTION then THEY SHOULD IMMEDIATELYT TERMINATE THE MCNEIL LOOK A LIKE THAT RUNS THE PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT WHO HE BROUGHT FROM TALLAHASSEE P.D. AND INSTANTLY SAVE $200,000 SALARY AND BENEFITS. COME TO THINK OF IT GET RID OF MCNEIL AND SAVE A C O O L 1/4 MILLION DOLLARS. AAAMMMEEENNNDDD!

10-30-2010, 03:17 AM
8-5 is the normal business day, Monday thru Friday that is. The bottom line is your schedule needs to be approved by your supervisor. Before you all start squealing like baby pigs, just do your job. If you really want to look at this the hard way, the job affords you so much flexibility as it is. That's the one small consolation we have at this point as officer's. If you are doing your job in the office and in the field you have nothing to worry about. Now, if we/you want the IG crawling up your arse and tracing your steps, you can do that too. The choice is yours. As Danny Noonan in Caddyshack said, "I want to be good".

8)

10-30-2010, 05:07 AM
8-5 is the normal business day, Monday thru Friday that is. The bottom line is your schedule needs to be approved by your supervisor. Before you all start squealing like baby pigs, just do your job. If you really want to look at this the hard way, the job affords you so much flexibility as it is. That's the one small consolation we have at this point as officer's. If you are doing your job in the office and in the field you have nothing to worry about. Now, if we/you want the IG crawling up your arse and tracing your steps, you can do that too. The choice is yours. As Danny Noonan in Caddyshack said, "I want to be good".

8)
You can not make all field contacts with an 8-5 schedule. See many offenders work 8 to 5 out side the jurisdiction of 064 travel. DOPO along with many HRS cases have curfews. Its also a good idea to visit your offenders at different times. Just the ignorant statements you made above shows the twisted mind set mentality of DOC management. The IG can follow me all they want because I am on the clock with what ever I put on my schedule. I know a particular supervisor who seems to be very lucky because she follows no schedule and wanders every where in the circuit. When she is in the office she is on one of 3 personal cell phones talking all kind of loud noise and those files just keep getting stacked higher and higher on the desk until she calls in sick and circuit has to call another supervisor from another office come to clear the many pages of investigations she left that particular friday.

10-30-2010, 12:01 PM

8)
Thanks, Mr. Rice for explaining your position, but we're all very thankful that you're leaving next month. And yes, I'll take the IG up my butt any day as I've NEVER lied on a contact, itinerary, travel log, schedule, or casenote. Unfortunately, far too many officers and supervisors can't say the same thing.
And just so you know, the 8-5 business day is for non-certified staff. No one said the sup isn't supposed to approve your schedule...the issue is who in the world is the sup to tell me how to manage my caseload? Especially sups that sit yaking on the phone all day and back dating late investigations. Hmmm, why doesn't IG crawl up THAT butt????

10-30-2010, 12:27 PM
I disagree! You can make you monthly contacts working 8-5pm. The only cases involved are MAX. You travel to where these people live and you knock on the door. You may or not find them at home. But you have made your contact which ='s 100%. Now, to clear your PP screens IS A DIFFERENT MATTER and according to policy you have to have FP whenever and that is the issue. Ignore it? Sure if your SUP ignores it!!! If th SUP demands complience then you are back to square one. Forget the protection of community! Your TPA. region canceled field time years ago. The easiest way to have 100% RE-ENTRY is not to come into contact with these people. Hear no Evil, See no Evil, Speak no Evil. The Flex Schedule benefits one person....OURSELVES... Officers have not seen their office at 8am for years because of sitting with their children in the student drop off lanes at school. The only time these issues will get resolved is when the Gov. APPOINTS/HIRES a professional to run this agency and the $125,000 salary/benefits is just too much SUGAR candy so you can pay off a political idiot with the position of SECRETARY OF THE DEPT. OF CORRECTIONS. My take is as Chief of Tallahassee P.D. he had something on Crist. Maybe, photos of Charlene cross dressing or something?

10-30-2010, 02:06 PM
I disagree! You can make you monthly contacts working 8-5pm. The only cases involved are MAX. You travel to where these people live and you knock on the door. You may or not find them at home. But you have made your contact which ='s 100%. Now, to clear your PP screens IS A DIFFERENT MATTER and according to policy you have to have FP whenever and that is the issue. Ignore it? Sure if your SUP ignores it!!! If th SUP demands complience then you are back to square one. Forget the protection of community! Your TPA. region canceled field time years ago. The easiest way to have 100% RE-ENTRY is not to come into contact with these people. Hear no Evil, See no Evil, Speak no Evil. The Flex Schedule benefits one person....OURSELVES... Officers have not seen their office at 8am for years because of sitting with their children in the student drop off lanes at school. The only time these issues will get resolved is when the Gov. APPOINTS/HIRES a professional to run this agency and the $125,000 salary/benefits is just too much SUGAR candy so you can pay off a political idiot with the position of SECRETARY OF THE DEPT. OF CORRECTIONS. My take is as Chief of Tallahassee P.D. he had something on Crist. Maybe, photos of Charlene cross dressing or something?

It does benefit us but the supervisors canget contol of the people abusing it without making it miserable for everyone else.

10-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Exactly how about targetting the people who are known to abuse their schedules and let us that actually do our work correctly do it? You cant rap everyone up in this when there are a few that are doing it.

10-30-2010, 06:19 PM
and if i cant flex out sick or annual leave how come the supv can stay and work pasts 5pm and get comp time? something certainly stinks about that.

10-30-2010, 08:43 PM
and if i cant flex out sick or annual leave how come the supv can stay and work pasts 5pm and get comp time? something certainly stinks about that.
You hit another SCREW THE OFFICER.DC little known fact. The SUPERVISORS get comp time. And don't the smart ones use it to their benefit. Looking to retire and get paid your 1/4 your sick but full pay for comp time. Some of these S.O.B. sups are pocketing 10's of thousands of dollars at retirement while D.C. has stolden 10's of thousands of dollars from the stupid college grad C.P.O.! Working for FREE is a given fact of life while working for the FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS.

10-31-2010, 12:28 AM
and you know what no matter if i work or take al or sl i still get paid what suffers is the work. all i want to do is come in and do the work i missed when i was out. and they think im trying to steel something from the dept or state or whatever. if i wanted to steal there are much better and easier ways than that. but its bogus that the sups get comp time and i have to use my sl or al when i could just make it up.

10-31-2010, 02:24 AM
Is it true supervisors get paid out for comp time at retirement? I thought it was just special comp that gets paid out.

10-31-2010, 03:19 AM
Is it true supervisors get paid out for comp time at retirement? I thought it was just special comp that gets paid out.

supervisors get regular comp and it is not paid out at retirement.

10-31-2010, 11:21 AM

supervisors get regular comp and it is not paid out at retirement.

Supervisors use the comp stuff to make sure their Sick/Annual payout is maxed out when they leave.

10-31-2010, 03:43 PM
Shouldn't sups get some extra perks? Why don't all of you work your way up and then you can one day be a sup. and "enjoy" this great benefit. Please quit sniveling!

10-31-2010, 04:11 PM
Shouldn't sups get some extra perks? Why don't all of you work your way up and then you can one day be a sup. and "enjoy" this great benefit. Please quit sniveling!

WTF?? Sups used to have 9 officers to supervise AND 20 case reviews to do monthly.

Where I am now each sup has about 2/3 a sup job AND NO case reviews. AND they certainly spend NO time on workload equalization.

JEESH! How many more perks do they need????

10-31-2010, 06:45 PM
You sound tired and bitter! :snicker:

11-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Rick Scott said he wants to half the number of supervisor positions in DOC to save money - Prison and Probation.

11-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Rick Scott said he wants to half the number of supervisor positions in DOC to save money - Prison and Probation.
If thats true it will go down hill meaning there will be mass bumping and forced demotions.