PDA

View Full Version : Teamsters VS PBA?

10-24-2010, 10:40 PM
If Scott is elected the first order of business will be to legislatively delet all career service bargaining rights of DOC,FHP,FDLE, FWC,DOT,etc employees so he can have control over employees who cared about their professions, the public safety of Florida Citizens while trying at the same time to feed thier families at an already current low wage . The current legislature will give him the votes and he will sign it. To me what else do we have but to strike. The faster the better. If correctional officers and yes community corrections do not come to work it will cause major havoc. The state police and all other state law enforcement are too pissed off and over stretched to help. The teamsters can give us the protection weather its legal or not. We are soo under paid compaired to other states when compared to the area cost of living as well as in 3rd world countrys now... I say to all my fellow brothers and sisters hold your ground; there are strength in numbers. To the St Pete Times if you monitor this site, my advise to you is to understand what will happen if Scott is elected. Criminals will go free weather 85% law or not....They will be conditionally released. If Scott decides to cut salaries and under cuts benefits who do you think will be watching these people on the streets when you cut the P&P side. Yeah go and find competent people from Labor Finders.

10-24-2010, 11:32 PM
If Scott is elected the first order of business will be to legislatively delet all career service bargaining rights of DOC,FHP,FDLE, FWC,DOT,etc employees so he can have control over employees who cared about their professions, the public safety of Florida Citizens while trying at the same time to feed thier families at an already current low wage . The current legislature will give him the votes and he will sign it. To me what else do we have but to strike. The faster the better. If correctional officers and yes community corrections do not come to work it will cause major havoc. The state police and all other state law enforcement are too pissed off and over stretched to help. The teamsters can give us the protection weather its legal or not. We are soo under paid compaired to other states when compared to the area cost of living as well as in 3rd world countrys now... I say to all my fellow brothers and sisters hold your ground; there are strength in numbers. To the St Pete Times if you monitor this site, my advise to you is to understand what will happen if Scott is elected. Criminals will go free weather 85% law or not....They will be conditionally released. If Scott decides to cut salaries and under cuts benefits who do you think will be watching these people on the streets when you cut the P&P side. Yeah go and find competent people from Labor Finders.

Unions have no power in Florida they will just fire you. If the CO's would do that it may get their attention but I doubt that ever happens.

10-25-2010, 12:05 AM
We most definitely need a stronger union in the political arena and the Teamsters have the strength the PBA lacks. Votes make politicians listen and the Teamsters have 1.4 million members, now that’s power! Politicians are always thinking of their future political aspirations and to piss the Teamsters off you could be throwing your political future and a possible 1.4 million votes. The Teamsters could actually administer pressure on our next governor from the national level. I say we dump the PBA and do what’s best for us.

10-25-2010, 01:11 AM
We most definitely need a stronger union in the political arena and the Teamsters have the strength the PBA lacks. Votes make politicians listen and the Teamsters have 1.4 million members, now that’s power! Politicians are always thinking of their future political aspirations and to piss the Teamsters off you could be throwing your political future and a possible 1.4 million votes. The Teamsters could actually administer pressure on our next governor from the national level. I say we dump the PBA and do what’s best for us.

They know most of those votes are for the Dems already.

10-25-2010, 10:26 AM
If Sink wins the election, she will seek political support from the Teamster because she is a Dem. We'll do good with the Teamsters as our new union. If Scott wins, we must make a political move and dump the PBA for the Teamsters. After the PBA backed Sink, we have no choice but to dump the PBA for our own survival. Otherwise, Scott will retaliate against the PBA for backing Sink at OUR EXPENCE! No matter who is elected Governor the Teamsters would be a good move. Plus, the PBA sucks! Time for a new union.

10-25-2010, 12:04 PM
THIS WEB SITE WAS PARTIALLY DISTROYED BY THE CONSTANT POSTING BY A SELECT FEW WHO ATTACKED THE PBA CANIDATES. COULD IT BE THE REAL PROBLEM WAS THE PBA ITSELF?

10-25-2010, 03:11 PM
THIS WEB SITE WAS PARTIALLY DISTROYED BY THE CONSTANT POSTING BY A SELECT FEW WHO ATTACKED THE PBA CANIDATES. COULD IT BE THE REAL PROBLEM WAS THE PBA ITSELF?
How was it partially destroyed?

10-25-2010, 08:23 PM
If Sink wins the election, she will seek political support from the Teamster because she is a Dem. We'll do good with the Teamsters as our new union. If Scott wins, we must make a political move and dump the PBA for the Teamsters. After the PBA backed Sink, we have no choice but to dump the PBA for our own survival. Otherwise, Scott will retaliate against the PBA for backing Sink at OUR EXPENCE! No matter who is elected Governor the Teamsters would be a good move. Plus, the PBA sucks! Time for a new union.

Scott won't care if the unions change. The teamsters have no real power here just like the others don't.

10-25-2010, 09:00 PM
How was it partially destroyed?
Many valuable posters left this web site because of the insane posting of I guess a select few that had their own PBA agenda. Although I still post and read here many of my co-workers simply left the site because of this 4 to 6 month personal vendetta against whoever!!! This site dealt with real issues and brought out many problems facing officers. Today the DC site is but a shaddow of its past self.

10-25-2010, 09:31 PM

Scott won't care if the unions change. The teamsters have no real power here just like the others don't.

I agree with the first post above. If you think Scott is going to forgive the PBA for backing Sink, in my opinion, you’re mistaken. I also think we should switch to teamster. The PBA is terrible and its time for change.

10-25-2010, 09:38 PM

I agree with the first post above. If you think Scott is going to forgive the PBA for backing Sink, in my opinion, you’re mistaken. I also think we should switch to teamster. The PBA is terrible and its time for change.

If Scott wins you wont need a union unless they represent the Salvation Army probation dept and if Sink wins she owes PBA big time and will use her veto pen.

10-25-2010, 10:20 PM

If Scott wins you wont need a union unless they represent the Salvation Army probation dept and if Sink wins she owes PBA big time and will use her veto pen.

LOL!!! Yea right. It’s the mighty PBA’s endorsement that will win the governor’s race for Sink? Boy oh Boy does she owe the PBA. What a joke!

10-25-2010, 10:40 PM

You are the joke they have been highlighting those PBA commercials in all the major papers calling Scott out. Its one of the most effective yet against him and she appears with the PBA people all the time.

LOL!!! Yea right. It’s the mighty PBA’s endorsement that will win the governor’s race for Sink? Boy oh Boy does she owe the PBA. What a joke!

10-25-2010, 10:41 PM

You are the joke they have been highlighting those PBA commercials in all the major papers calling Scott out. Its one of the most effective yet against him and she appears with the PBA people all the time.

10-25-2010, 11:32 PM
[quote="Guest":1awrgcpd]If Sink wins the election, she will seek political support from the Teamster because she is a Dem. We'll do good with the Teamsters as our new union. If Scott wins, we must make a political move and dump the PBA for the Teamsters. After the PBA backed Sink, we have no choice but to dump the PBA for our own survival. Otherwise, Scott will retaliate against the PBA for backing Sink at OUR EXPENCE! No matter who is elected Governor the Teamsters would be a good move. Plus, the PBA sucks! Time for a new union.

You are the joke they have been highlighting those PBA commercials in all the major papers calling Scott out. Its one of the most effective yet against him and she appears with the PBA people all the time.[/quote:1awrgcpd]

Yea right Jimmy!

10-25-2010, 11:45 PM
I agree with this somewhat. I have been a long time member of PBA. Its a fact that the Prison and P&P are some of the lowest paid in the country, an dthe PBA keeps saying, we are saving yur jobs. Bull Crap! There is no excuse for a county deputy or CO to be making double what we are, and our Union does nothing. We need to do something . Where are these Teamsters and what can they do for us.

10-26-2010, 12:04 AM
I agree with this somewhat. I have been a long time member of PBA. Its a fact that the Prison and P&P are some of the lowest paid in the country, an dthe PBA keeps saying, we are saving yur jobs. Bull Crap! There is no excuse for a county deputy or CO to be making double what we are, and our Union does nothing. We need to do something . Where are these Teamsters and what can they do for us.

The state doesn't care and no union will change that but they might be able to stop people's retirement from being chopped to shreds soon but that is only if Sink wins.

10-27-2010, 08:24 PM
That is just an excuse that the union can do nothing in Florida. Due to the fact that many people within this state believe "the union can do nothing in Florida" is exactly why laws in Florida prevent the union from taking action. One right is your vote, then making your union more accountable is the next step. The third step is to call in another union that is national to help that can bring the dollars in to change things. Don't just lie down and take it. Alot of talk, and no action!

10-31-2010, 02:15 PM
The union is only as strong as the people in it. Until everyone joins the union the state knows it can do what it wants

10-31-2010, 04:15 PM
The union is only as strong as the people in it. Until everyone joins the union the state knows it can do what it wants

True dat. I just signed up again with PBA I smell bad times ahead and they are the ONLY game in town. Join and vote and be heard

10-31-2010, 06:43 PM
Welcome to the team! :mrgreen:

11-15-2010, 02:01 AM

True dat. I just signed up again with PBA I smell bad times ahead and they are the ONLY game in town. Join and vote and be heard

WTF is wrong with you? PBA sucks the time to vote the teamsters in is now we have an opertunity now to get a chance to get rid of PBA for atleast 3 years did you know they have gone from 16,000 members to just over 7,000 members in the last few years. If every one stands together on this we can get the teamsters to fight for us everyone needs to cancle your payroll deduction with PBA and sign the cute 2 little cards to show the state our interest in having the teamsters fight in our behalf. they are in region 2 now they will be at fsp on monday uci on tuesday and nerci wednesday to sign people up be there contact them for times and exact locations

11-15-2010, 11:27 AM

WTF is wrong with you? PBA sucks the time to vote the teamsters in is now we have an opertunity now to get a chance to get rid of PBA for atleast 3 years did you know they have gone from 16,000 members to just over 7,000 members in the last few years. If every one stands together on this we can get the teamsters to fight for us everyone needs to cancle your payroll deduction with PBA and sign the cute 2 little cards to show the state our interest in having the teamsters fight in our behalf. they are in region 2 now they will be at fsp on monday uci on tuesday and nerci wednesday to sign people up be there contact them for times and exact locations

PBA is one of the few unions that get anything but that is with the locals. The state doesn't care about any union.

11-16-2010, 12:27 PM
pba is not a union they are an association do you know who your rep is? I have been with the state for 6 years I can tell you I do not know who the pba rep for my instution is. Teamsters is an international union 1.4 million members strong with very strong political ties I have personally witnessed. next time you get a chance ask pba what their plan for keeping your 3% of your pay and the 5% of your retirement they are going to make you pay. What was his answer ? ask them when the expect to see another pay raise. what did he tell you?

11-16-2010, 11:28 PM
If any one wants information about teamsters contact me by email Theramsey3@yahoo.com leave your name and a contact phone number I will contact you and give you more information. The only reason not to allow a vote is if you are satisfied with the level of wonderful service that PBA has provided for the DOC as a whole. I want a raise, I want to keep my retirement like it is I want to keep my paycheck like it is or get a raise not loose any money. Please contact me I will try to meet up with you and show you the pros and cons. the only wrong action is non action. contact me.

11-28-2010, 09:42 PM
PBA is poor because of it's poor leadership. There are more Probation Officers who are not members! At last count, there were less than 1000 Probation members. I am not sure who you are talking about when you say a select few? I do know that everything has gotten worse since the last pba election. There was bad leadership before the election and some of you wanted to keep the failure in office. Many in my office quit the union. I only know of two officers in my worksite that are members. In the end, I don't really care who the union is leading the officers. I do know PBA is not the answer. :x

12-07-2010, 02:09 AM
I hope we get a chance to vote on it .It iis worth bringing it to a vote.

12-07-2010, 09:00 PM
HI everyone, been off for a while. Meet with Jeff from teamsters he used to be with IUPA. Looks like teamsters wants us as a local 2011, see http://www.fdocteamsters.org and fill out a card. Myself and a friend have worked hard to get these changes, PBA out and a new union. Looks like a great chance. Fill out a card and send it in asap. I have meet with several men from teamsters and we a looking to set up meetings around that state for both cpo and co. need more info write me rascpo@yahoo.com. the time is now, get your friends to sign a card today, only certified officers, remember this has to be done by March. :devil:

coondog
12-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Change may have to come at some point...I'm just not sure it's in the form of the teamsters. This is an organization that has been a rubber stamp for the democratic party year in and year out...they have endorsed the likes of Obama, Pelosi, and Ried at the national level...my question is...how can this organization get anything accomplish in a state where the House, Senate, and Governor mansion are controlled by the republican party?

coondog
12-08-2010, 08:29 PM
PERMANENT INJUNCTION

Defendants William J. McCarthy, Weldon Mathis, Joseph Trerotola, Joseph W. Morgan, Edward M. Lawson, Arnold Weinmeister, Donald Peters, Walter J. Shea, Harold Friedman, Jack D. Cox, Don L. West, Michael J. Riley, Theodore Cozza and Daniel Ligurotis, as well as any other or future IBT General Executive Board members, officers, representatives, members and employees of the IBT, are hereby permanently enjoined from committing any acts of racketeering activity, as defined in 18 U.S.C. ß 1961 et seq., and from knowingly associating with any member or associate of the Colombo Organized Crime Family of La Cosa Nostra, the Genovese Organized Crime Family of La Cosa Nostra, the Gambino Organized Crime Family of La Cosa Nostra, the Lucchese Organized Crime Family of La Cosa Nostra, the Bonnano Organized Crime Family of La Cosa Nostra, any other Organized Crime Families of La Cosa Nostra or any other criminal group, or any person otherwise enjoined from participating in union affairs, and from obstructing or otherwise interfering with the work of the court-appointed officers or the Independent Review Board described herein.

As used herein, the term, “knowingly associating,” shall have the same meaning as that term in the context of comparable federal proceedings or federal rules and regulations.

This is straight from the court order...who in there right mind who works in law enforcement would associate themselves with a group like this???? Like I said earlier...maybe it is time for change...just not to an organization like the teamsters!

12-08-2010, 09:18 PM
When I first started reading it I thought you were Identifying the Florida Legislature?

coondog
12-08-2010, 09:45 PM
I know what you mean...but it gets better...check this out

In either a stroke of genius to increase membership or an odd attempt to corner a criminal enterprise, the Teamsters Unions unionized some marijuana growers in California.

Teamsters organized the country's first unionized pot growers in Oakland, according to the Sacramento Bee. Nearly 40 growers are now part of the local 70.

"I didn't have this planned out when I became a Teamster 34 years ago, to organize marijuana workers," Lou Marchetti, who acted as a liaison between the growers and Oakland-based Teamsters, told the Bee. "This is a whole new ballgame."

Unions can protect workers from corporate abuses, help raise pay and push for health care. The growers just signed a two-year contract that provides them with a pension, paid vacation and health insurance. Their $18 per hour pay will increase to $25.75 an hour within 15 months, according to the Bee.

But unions have also misspent dues, ignored worker complaints and aligned, at times, with mobsters. Despite California's pot laws, the federal government still views marijuana growing a felony.

So is it a legal union organizing an illegal activity or a declining union desperately looking for dues?

I'd rather have no union than entertain an orginization who would organize the very people we are charged with seeing that they pay their debt to society!