PDA

View Full Version : Teamsters meeting

10-23-2010, 04:30 AM
Anyone seen any Teamsters roaming outside the prison gates looking for business? Or Probation for that matter?

:evil:

10-23-2010, 12:13 PM
It is again time for the PBA to have its feet put to the fire. I don't know if we should change from the PBA but they need to be held accountable to its membership. I have paid my dues for 20 years but everyone gets the benefit of the Security Agreement. The only other benefit is legal protection and that almost never gets used by anyone unless your a member of correctional officers prison gang and get caught murdering an inmate.

10-23-2010, 12:33 PM
I think we need to switch. The teamsters with their 1.5 Million members would actually be able to pressure our legislator for a raise and benefits. Let's face it the PBA is skipping down the road holding hands with the State and selling us out!

10-23-2010, 01:30 PM
It is again time for the PBA to have its feet put to the fire. I don't know if we should change from the PBA but they need to be held accountable to its membership. I have paid my dues for 20 years but everyone gets the benefit of the Security Agreement. The only other benefit is legal protection and that almost never gets used by anyone unless your a member of correctional officers prison gang and get caught murdering an inmate.

I know more than a handful myself who have had to use the PBA legal services due to accusations and management etc. The PBA and any other union will be basically powerless at the state level of politics if Scott wins this election however.

10-23-2010, 03:40 PM

I know more than a handful myself who have had to use the PBA legal services due to accusations and management etc. The PBA and any other union will be basically powerless at the state level of politics if Scott wins this election however.

The Teamsters Legal Protection program is actually better than the PBA’s and if Scott gets voted in, it would be in our best interest to dump the PBA before we really get screwed.

10-23-2010, 04:06 PM

The Teamsters Legal Protection program is actually better than the PBA’s and if Scott gets voted in, it would be in our best interest to dump the PBA before we really get screwed.

Do they even deal with law enforcement ? I am not sure but I don't think they do.

10-23-2010, 05:05 PM

Do they even deal with law enforcement ? I am not sure but I don't think they do.

Yes. I found this site: http://www.teamster.org/content/teamste ... ent-league (http://www.teamster.org/content/teamsters-law-enforcement-league)

10-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Just Google Teamsters Law Enforcement league.

10-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Anyone seen any Teamsters roaming outside the prison gates looking for business? Or Probation for that matter?

:evil:

I thought you were dead "Teflon Don?" :shock: