PDA

View Full Version : Wilton Manors Chief Told To Resign Or Be Fired

10-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Wilton Manors Police Chief Told To Resign or Be Fired
Written by Elgin Jones

WILTON MANORS – The embattled chief of the Wilton Manors Police Department who admitted circulating racist e-mails from headquarters has now been asked to resign – over a separate issue.

If Chief Richard E. Perez does not resign by the end of today, he will be fired, several sources have said, for alleged violation of city vacation policies.

City Manager Joseph Gallegos could not be reached for comment over reports that he issued the ultimatum to Perez on Monday, Columbus Day. Several sources say Perez has been contacting friends to request their support.

“He called me and said the city manager gave him until today to resign or he would be fired,” said a friend of Perez’s, who asked not to be named. “He wants folks to call the city commissioners to show their support for him and I will because he’s a decent guy who made some mistakes.”

Perez is serving 30 days of unpaid suspension over the offensive e-mails he circulated to members of his command staff and private citizens. Disciplinary action against other employees who also circulated the e-mails is pending.

However, the request for his resignation is related to an ongoing internal city investigation into Perez’s alleged violations of the city’s leave policies. Gallegos confirmed to the South Florida Times in August that he was investigating an alleged abuse of those policies by Perez and Capt. Dorris Seibert.

Human Resources Director Brenda Clanton said she could not provide any information on those investigations.

“I’m confident it will be resolved but I have no information at this time,” Clanton told South Florida Times this morning.

Nevertheless, according to sources familiar with the investigation, Perez allegedly took time off from work for which he was being paid but never turned in the required leave forms.

“It equaled to just under $9,000 in unaccounted for time,” one source said.

Even though Perez is on suspension, he is attending an all-day training for police department managers at city hall today and could not be reached for comment.

By failing to submit the required forms, an employee in Wilton Manors could be paid while at the same time not depleting their hours of sick, vacation and executive time they accrued over the years.

That banked time could then be used as a reserve to pay them a salary if they should have a catastrophic illness. It could also be exchanged for cash when they retire or leave employment under acceptable conditions.

Perez earns an annual salary of $115,544. He was hired in 2006 after retiring from the Fort Lauderdale Police Department, becoming the first Hispanic chief in Wilton Manors’ 63-year history.

EJones@SFLTimes.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

10-12-2010, 10:25 PM
OMG! There is a God after all!! (And his name isn't Perez)

10-13-2010, 12:53 AM
ok can we now move on ???

OMG! There is a God after all!! (And his name isn't Perez)

10-13-2010, 03:06 AM
How's it feel? Chief... I mean Mr. Perez

10-13-2010, 03:14 AM
Now you know how it feels chief!

10-13-2010, 03:52 AM
Lost his job... Hope the Pension(s) are next.

Adios Chief Perez

10-13-2010, 04:34 AM
R.E.P.-R.I.P.

Thank god your tenture has ended as a bully, tyrant and paid whore for Scott Newton who directed your hiring. Mr Perez, you DESTROYED or attempted to DESTROY a lot of good public servants who cared about the city. But you cared more about having your PICTURE posted and adding to your poor resume than protecting the residents of wilton manors. You will never get hired as a police officer again nor should you hold any public position of responsibility. You humiliated the city, department, and the employee's you were responsible for. And a Fin bully to the end screaming at HR about your vacation hours and sick time. Off the Criminal Standards Board, Kids in Distress ( guess there will be no charity jail and bail for you unless you are found guily of perjury lying to protect Phil Cameron then we can have a real one when you are sent to state prison) and the South Florida Police Chief's Board where you were always bragging you were going to be elected president. Well guess what, you got nothing and seibert, costello and your pimp sergeant bigelsen are going down next. And don't be surprised if gallegos and resnick are taken down by your noose. So long you piece of crap. Forget you got FIRED by the police academy as well. Talk about someone who has disrespected a honorable profession. Crawl under the ft lauderdale rock you came from. They won't even take you back.

10-13-2010, 08:49 AM
R.E.P.-R.I.P.

Thank god your tenture has ended as a bully, tyrant and paid whore for Scott Newton who directed your hiring. Mr Perez, you DESTROYED or attempted to DESTROY a lot of good public servants who cared about the city. But you cared more about having your PICTURE posted and adding to your poor resume than protecting the residents of wilton manors. You will never get hired as a police officer again nor should you hold any public position of responsibility. You humiliated the city, department, and the employee's you were responsible for. And a Fin bully to the end screaming at HR about your vacation hours and sick time. Off the Criminal Standards Board, Kids in Distress ( guess there will be no charity jail and bail for you unless you are found guily of perjury lying to protect Phil Cameron then we can have a real one when you are sent to state prison) and the South Florida Police Chief's Board where you were always bragging you were going to be elected president. Well guess what, you got nothing and seibert, costello and your pimp sergeant bigelsen are going down next. And don't be surprised if gallegos and resnick are taken down by your noose. So long you piece of crap. Forget you got FIRED by the police academy as well. Talk about someone who has disrespected a honorable profession. Crawl under the ft lauderdale rock you came from. They won't even take you back.

Wow...huge, but still anonymous, balls you have. If you were such a champion of what's right and ethical then why didnt you do something to change it instead of watch from the sidelines and now hail the efforts (if you want to call it that) of others. Everyone made a big deal out of silliness (albeit poor judgement) and opnly because he's the chief, did anyone care. Ive see the GW Bush jokes, the S. Palin jokes, but when its it was Obama everyone went crazy. Give me a break.

Who likes their chief, especially slugs like you? He also had a job to do cleaning up the WMPD from the last chief that everyone loved...well not everyone. He had his "club" too. If RP was liked by you I am guessing he would have not been doing his job.

10-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Would love to see how many good employees lost their jobs because of this tyrant. Shame on Wilton Manors for allowing this to go on for so long and for the sacrifices that the residents of Wilton Manors have been forced to endure. They should all be fired. This is the clearest case of corruption I have ever seen.

10-13-2010, 06:00 PM
C'mon folks. Whether you liked Perez or not he should have been fired after his ridiculous behavior with the e-mails. Any decent manager would have fired him instantly. Why don't you go after Gallegos for shielding his Hispanic bro' him with the bogus "suspension". Mr. G only acted this time because he was stuck when HR documented the abuse of leave. Senior female staff of WM wouldn't let that one slip by with some refresher course on the personnel policy manual. Both of them should have resigned.

But wait, the G-man gets to hire the next Chief ... watch out for a "blast from the past" to get the gig.

10-13-2010, 10:08 PM
too funny now its corruption . Go back in your hole

Would love to see how many good employees lost their jobs because of this tyrant. Shame on Wilton Manors for allowing this to go on for so long and for the sacrifices that the residents of Wilton Manors have been forced to endure. They should all be fired. This is the clearest case of corruption I have ever seen.

10-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Oh if your talking about RW coimg in that will be as funny as haviving perez. I hope RW got his meds under control and his wife has fixed her scam with wiight loss centers. I would love to see patrol after a few weeks of that jerk. Yea a blast alright. That will be fun. GOOOOOOOD LUCK!

C'mon folks. Whether you liked Perez or not he should have been fired after his ridiculous behavior with the e-mails. Any decent manager would have fired him instantly. Why don't you go after Gallegos for shielding his Hispanic bro' him with the bogus "suspension". Mr. G only acted this time because he was stuck when HR documented the abuse of leave. Senior female staff of WM wouldn't let that one slip by with some refresher course on the personnel policy manual. Both of them should have resigned.

But wait, the G-man gets to hire the next Chief ... watch out for a "blast from the past" to get the gig.

10-13-2010, 10:41 PM
oh Sh!! it that for real are they nuts? They want to go from one nut to a bigger nut. Yea he would make a good chief like my mom. Will this city ever learn.

Oh if your talking about RW coimg in that will be as funny as haviving perez. I hope RW got his meds under control and his wife has fixed her scam with wiight loss centers. I would love to see patrol after a few weeks of that jerk. Yea a blast alright. That will be fun. GOOOOOOOD LUCK!

10-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Happy days are here again!!!!!!!!!! Now we just need a few more to leave and those happy days will be ecstatic days!!!

10-14-2010, 12:43 AM
do set your watch to it

Happy days are here again!!!!!!!!!! Now we just need a few more to leave and those happy days will be ecstatic days!!!

10-14-2010, 01:37 AM
Well, at least RW is easy on the eyes. Can the same be said for your Mom?

10-14-2010, 01:45 AM
Your momma is sooo ugly......

10-14-2010, 01:50 AM

It ain't RW...and I hope so.

10-14-2010, 02:40 AM
No my mom was ugly but she was nice and if you think RW will be your answer wait to you see the dirt we have on that nut.
He will make Rick look like a good chief.

Well, at least RW is easy on the eyes. Can the same be said for your Mom?

10-14-2010, 04:02 AM

How ugly is she?

Sorry, I couldn't resist :snicker:

10-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Really ugly but she can run this department better that RP of RW

How ugly is she?

Sorry, I couldn't resist :snicker:

10-14-2010, 07:38 PM

Chief Scott?
Chief Kenneth?
Chief Wierzbicki?
Someone else?

10-14-2010, 10:56 PM
I am sure they will check with you and this site. NOT

Chief Scott?
Chief Kenneth?
Chief Wierzbicki?
Someone else?

10-14-2010, 11:05 PM
No kidding. Duh! :roll:

I am sure they will check with you and this site. NOT

Chief Scott?
Chief Kenneth?
Chief Wierzbicki?
Someone else?

10-15-2010, 12:33 AM
Wait a minute - You wrote that your Mom WAS ugly? Does that mean she's pretty NOW ? Or is it that she is no longer with us. If that is the case, I'm sorry for your loss and the loss to the community - pretty , ugly , fat, thin, chief, cab driver or exotic dancer. :( But I'm REALLY sorry for your Mom that you declared your opinion of her looks so publicly.

10-15-2010, 02:29 AM
She is OK and works as a cab driver. In you are even in MIami looked for the 90 year old lady with a beard
Tip her well.

Wait a minute - You wrote that your Mom WAS ugly? Does that mean she's pretty NOW ? Or is it that she is no longer with us. If that is the case, I'm sorry for your loss and the loss to the community - pretty , ugly , fat, thin, chief, cab driver or exotic dancer. :( But I'm REALLY sorry for your Mom that you declared your opinion of her looks so publicly.