PDA

View Full Version : Deputy cleared after shooting, killing man during a disturba

10-07-2010, 07:46 PM
By BRAD ****ERSON | Highlands Today

SEBRING The fatal shooting of a Sebring man on July 31 by a Highlands County Sheriff's deputy was deemed justified by the state attorney's office.

In a Sept. 29 letter to Sheriff Susan Benton, Assistant State Attorney Steve Houchin stated that his office would take no further action against Deputy Steven Ritenour.
Ritenour was dispatched to 1016 Wightman Ave., after a domestic disturbance call was received. Peter Russo, 51, was reportedly intoxicated and had broken a glass window or door at his girlfriend's house to try and get inside to hurt her.

When Ritenour arrived, Russo was outside and standing in the open door of his SUV, Houchin stated. The suspect was reportedly armed with a large butcher knife and he ignored the deputy's orders to drop it, leading Ritenour to draw his weapon.

"As Russo completed his turn, Deputy Ritenour observed what he believed to be a black revolver in Russo's right hand," Houchin stated in the letter. "Deputy Ritenour further states that Russo stepped toward him and extended the revolver."

Ritenour fired his weapon six times, striking Russo in the chest three times, according to Houchin. Dispatchers reportedly heard "drop the knife," "shots fired" and "suspect down" through the deputy's chest mike.

Russo was taken to Highlands Regional Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.

The woman who lived at the home told investigators that Russo was a friend and came to the house drunk, cutting his hand on the glass door. Her daughter reportedly called the sheriff's office.

"When Russo heard this, he said, 'Let the cops come, I'm ready for them,'" Houchin stated.

Investigators reportedly found the apparent black revolver and knife on the ground where Russo fell. An examination of the gun revealed it was a loaded toy cap pistol that was painted black to resemble a real firearm. A search warrant was executed at Russo's home, and investigators discovered a second toy gun identical to the one found at the scene, according to Houchin. The only difference was the second cap gun was not painted black.

Russo's father told law enforcement he'd given his son the two toy guns as collector's items.

Highlands Today reporter Brad ****erson can be reached at (863) 386-5838 or b****erson@highlandstoday.com

10-08-2010, 12:47 AM
" Russo's father told law enforcement he'd given his son the two toy guns as collector's items."

What utter horse s&%t, you could buy those guns in any Walgreens, CVS, or Walmart. What in the hell would make a cheap plastic toy like that a "collectors item" peaple can be so freakin stupid.
Rit....Thanks for doing your job and protecting an ignorant/ often ungrateful / public.

10-08-2010, 01:05 AM
....and sorry we had to be code 1 to back you up, bro. GG's spine removal surgery when he came to road patrol kept you in a potentially terrible situation for a bit longer than necessary. Glad it turned out OK. This time, anyway.

tone2360
03-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Further facts of that case can reveal the woman was under the influence of alcohol along with her friend and daughter. Also, nothing has evolved from a request to investigate the woman, who was getting Mr.Russo to drink alcohol as to take advantage of him when she full well knew he had a mental disability, .. The full facts of this case were never exploited and a quick closing ensued. Inappropriate conduct to say the least in all aspects of this case is easily identified and revealable. Incomplete and dictated reporting are not at all fair to the deceased. One question, what should happen when an officer fires shots before giving a verbal warning when he is more than 21 ft. from an ALLEGED suspect with a mental and hearing disability and a riding lawnmower running within 35 ft. Dispatchers and 911 operators are required to ask those questions so as to inform the officers responding to the call!!

03-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Ok, lets look at a FACT you left out. A man takes a toy gun, removes the orange tip, and paints it black. WHY?
FACT : Reaction is always slower than Action. You can not interview a person before that person can KILL you.
Solution: Do Not Paint a Toy Gun to Make it look REAL. Do not pick up a knife anf said gun. And Do not approach an Officer with these items in hand.
I sorry this man put himself in this situation. I sorry an officer has to live with the fact he had to take a life. Something NO ONE should have to live with. But the FACT is this man has to take responsiblity for his actions. If there is no knife or gun in this man's hands he is still alive today.

04-02-2011, 02:53 AM
[b][i]The Deputy clearly states in his sworn statement "you couldn't even tell on the tape" pertaining to what the subject was holding, But there is not supposed to be a tape . WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRY TO EXPLAIN THAT ONE? YOU will get your chance.FACT: in our copy of the 911 recording the Deputy CLEARLY FIRES TWO ROUNDS FIRST AND THEN SAYS "PUT IT DOWN" , AND THE SUBJECT WAS STRUCK IN THE RIGHT LAT BELOW THE SHOULDER, AND BELOW THE RIGHT SHOULDER BLADE.How about a chance at that one? I can't hear you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-02-2011, 02:55 PM
[b][i]The Deputy clearly states in his sworn statement "you couldn't even tell on the tape" pertaining to what the subject was holding, But there is not supposed to be a tape . WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRY TO EXPLAIN THAT ONE? YOU will get your chance.FACT: in our copy of the 911 recording the Deputy CLEARLY FIRES TWO ROUNDS FIRST AND THEN SAYS "PUT IT DOWN" , AND THE SUBJECT WAS STRUCK IN THE RIGHT LAT BELOW THE SHOULDER, AND BELOW THE RIGHT SHOULDER BLADE.How about a chance at that one? I can't hear you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Irrelevant. Weapon or (simulated weapon) is in the hands of a reported threat, regardless of what was yelled by the deputy and/or when, is exactly that. A threat. Its manner of presentation is up to interpretation, and thank God that the LEO in this case did what he was supposed to do- and trained to do. An LEO does not always have time to shout multiple commands to what is an actual or even percieved armed assailant. If you don't like it, examine the training.

The LEO is not obligated to sit and have coffee with the guy to find out if his weapon is real and what his intentions are. Your argument is a futile attempt to stir crap. Anyone who is a rational person sees your intention and motive.

04-02-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm sure the families of all the past killed Police Officers wish there loved ones would have shot first instead of waiting to see if
the threat was real and loosing their life over it. No matter what you say about the Officer, based on the call, situation, information he
received while enroute, and the fact he is still alive, shows he acted properly. Remember: The people involed called the Sheriff's Office screaming for help- The officer just didn't drive by and decided to stop and " pick " on someone. Stop trying to cause unneeded pain for either side and get a life.

04-02-2011, 05:16 PM
The excuses for some of you are endless. Your far from perfect, yet can never be man enough to admit when your wrong. The man just lit a cigarette when he was struck with the first round., in the back. He was the one who had no time to respond. I see no point in arguing with a one sided individual, especially a corrupt one.

04-02-2011, 05:23 PM
I have a life. a very serious life as I take life serious, unlike your obvious lack of compassion for any one other than your pitiful little self. If you want pity, go home and cry to your Mommy. Other wise, be a MAN and conduct yourself as a professional.

04-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Where do you get your facts. Were you standing there and watching NO...Your statement is completely wrong. He had a Knife .... He was not smoking and did not have his back to the deputy. If you dont like how things are done then pick up a badge and gun; Then stand a post. OR just say thank you for the protections these Deputies supply to you as you sleep. COWARDS question after the fact. STAND UP and be a MAN if you can.

04-04-2011, 10:45 PM
I don't think YOU were there except for the ensuing cover up. You just said he had a knife. You also seem to know something about the toy gun. Where did you get your facts? From your incomplete, ridiculous and incompetent investigation. Your people refer to this mans father as a horse's ass? That again shows the mentality of an unprofessional staff amongst your corrupt department. Peter Russo was shot in the back! And someone is gonna answer for that and for all of your sarcastic remarks and threats made to Peter's coworkers and family. It WILL be proven. THAT IS A FACT smart guy!!!!!!!!!!

04-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Peter Russo was shot in the back! And someone is gonna answer for that and for all of your sarcastic remarks and threats made to Peter's coworkers and family. It WILL be proven. THAT IS A FACT smart guy!!!!!!!!!!

Fact? Lets talk about fact. How about the fact that the Medical Examiner (not even associated with the HCSO) stated the entrance wound was on the front of the body and the exit wound was on the back? I guess that's one of those little facts you prefer to not disclose, eh?

04-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Sad that someone whats to make this mans death a pay day. Who do you have all of your "FACTS". You are a trained law enforcement officer, medical examiner and the owner of a crystal ball. The facts are what the facts are and no matter how you try to change them the truth is the truth. A man just standing there. No one called police to the scene for an out of control man.

NO Truth is he was out of control with a weapon and the officer did what he had too.
If you still have a problem, Put on a Badge and Gun and show Deputies how to do it better Big Man. Of course that is if you could pass a criminal background check..

04-07-2011, 01:36 AM
I no longer can sit by and read this without responding. It doesn't take a genius to figure out who "tone" is does it Anthony? I am somewhat impressed that you still have enough brain cells left to form complete sentences, let alone work a computer. Of course the neurotransmitters, receptors, and your level of dopamine and serotonin have taken a serious jolt over the years because of the pipe haven't they? Or was it the needle? Sorry there are so many of you meth freaks that the names and the faces now seem to run together. Geez my old friend, don't you know what they make that shit out of? How about leaving the kid alone and move on with your so called life. Your brother made a bad choice and it cost him his. Don't blame the kid because he was forced to do something that I know he never thought he would have to do in his career. We don't ever want to take a life, but maybe this deputy was misjudged because of his youthful appearance. Goes to show you that appearances are deceiving which is just what you are trying to portray what happened that day. You may try to deceive the ones who don't know better, but you will never deceive the ones who know what actually happened. You see, there are way too many of us being killed in the line of duty by gutless cowards like well.............you. You hide behind a keystroke or a meth pipe because you only wish you could do this job. Like a few others have said, strap one on and get you some. Thats of course assuming you can pass the background.........ahhhhhh nevermind. Karma is a ***** brother Tony (I mean Tone) and I hope it doesn't find you, but I have a suspicion it will. Be the wall Tone and just say no to meth!

04-07-2011, 04:11 AM
I no longer can sit by and read this without responding. It doesn't take a genius to figure out who "tone" is does it Anthony? I am somewhat impressed that you still have enough brain cells left to form complete sentences, let alone work a computer. Of course the neurotransmitters, receptors, and your level of dopamine and serotonin have taken a serious jolt over the years because of the pipe haven't they? Or was it the needle? Sorry there are so many of you meth freaks that the names and the faces now seem to run together. Geez my old friend, don't you know what they make that shizzat out of? How about leaving the kid alone and move on with your so called life. Your brother made a bad choice and it cost him his. Don't blame the kid because he was forced to do something that I know he never thought he would have to do in his career. We don't ever want to take a life, but maybe this deputy was misjudged because of his youthful appearance. Goes to show you that appearances are deceiving which is just what you are trying to portray what happened that day. You may try to deceive the ones who don't know better, but you will never deceive the ones who know what actually happened. You see, there are way too many of us being killed in the line of duty by gutless cowards like well.............you. You hide behind a keystroke or a meth pipe because you only wish you could do this job. Like a few others have said, strap one on and get you some. Thats of course assuming you can pass the background.........ahhhhhh nevermind. Karma is a ***** brother Tony (I mean Tone) and I hope it doesn't find you, but I have a suspicion it will. Be the wall Tone and just say no to meth!

Just in case anyone was wondering....

http://www.highlandssheriff.org/Search/ViewPhoto.aspx?PictureID=HCSO08JBN006698

04-07-2011, 12:18 PM
I tired to warn you, Tony. Read my post a few ones back. You just don't get it, do you?

A pathetic attempt to stir sh*t, and now you are busted. Loser.

04-10-2011, 05:01 AM
The true colors of a Highlands county Deputy truly show the unprofessional character of what type of cops we have here. Sounds like your foul mouth should not be allowed to comment on any thing. But freedom of speech lets people like you voice their ridiculous opinions. It's okay to admit your part in trying to cover up your departments screw ups and your angry behavior shows that is what your doing. Keep up the good job in making this all come together. To bad you the true coward who is afraid to reveal your identity, is only good at trying to slander someone. What a sorry excuse for a law enforcement officer. And by the way, I would never degrade myself after 4 honorable years of service in the UNITED STATES MARINE CORP to put the badge of the Highlands County Sheriff Department on my chest, and maybe YOU should have a drug screening done.

04-11-2011, 02:07 AM
And by the way, I would never degrade myself after 4 honorable years of service in the UNITED STATES MARINE CORP to put the badge of the Highlands County Sheriff Department on my chest, and maybe YOU should have a drug screening done.

You are a convicted felon and neither the United States Marine Corp or the Highlands County Sheriff's Office would allow you to wear their uniform or put their badge on your chest. You would be a disgrace to both. You are a little too late to try to not "degrade" yourself. The only uniform of the Highlands County Sheriff's Office you deserve to wear is the one that is either orange or black and white. In case you forgot your life achievements, I have listed them below for you. I didn't bother listing your 10 traffic citations but if you wish to verify any of this information, please feel free to search your name on the Highlands County Clerk of Courts website. Please be patient it takes some time for all those records to load.

12/06/01
Battery (First Degree Misdemeanor)
- SAO Diversion Program Completed

12/24/03
Battery
- Nolle Prossed

5/24/04
Possession of Cannabis (First Degree Misdemeanor)
- Deferred Prosecution

6/19/06
False Imprisonment (Third Degree Felony)
- No Bill
- No Bill

9/26/06
MAKE HARASSING PHONE CALL - (Second Degree Misdemeanor)
- Adjudicated Guilty

10/22/06
Burglary With Assault/Battery Within (First Degree Felony)
- (Reduced To Battery, First Degree Misdemeanor)
- Adjudicated Guilty (Felony Probation - 1 Year)
CRIMINAL MISCHIEF (Second Degree Misdemeanor)
- Adjudicated Guilty (Felony Probation - 6 Months)

10/19/06
Battery - Domestic Violence (First Degree Misdemeanor)
- Adjudicated Guilty

8/7/07
- Adjudicated Guilty
Criminal Mischief
- No Bill

9/14/07
Violation of Felony Probation x2

9/27/07
Violation of Misdemeanor Probation x2

12/18/07
Convicted FELON Registration

12/1/08
Failure To Appear for Misdemeanor Offense x3

04-12-2011, 08:28 PM
So this is what we can expect from your department. Remarks from a stupid gutless coward still hiding behind false identities, lies and so you think his badge. No point in any further volley of words as I will not engage in arguing with someone who insists on acting like a little girl. I have never been arrested nor charged with meth, though I'm sure your probably planning to plant something or set me up unjustly witch obviously as vindictive that you are you will no doubt try. Slander me all you want to, it only proves my points. And one more thing, don't ever think you are better than any one who has EARNED THE TITLE MARINE, BECAUSE YOU WOULDN'T MAKE A PIMPLE ON A DEAD MARINES BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-13-2011, 02:36 AM
Slander me all you want to, it only proves my points.

http://www.google.com/search?sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&site=&source=hp&q=define%3A+slander&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1

Definition of Slander:

"words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another"

The above list was not falsely spoken and did not damage your reputation. You damaged your reputation when you became a convicted felon.

04-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Unfortunately our wonderful society of today gives a platform to everyone, including fools. Dude, it's extremely unfortunate that anyone had to die during that situation. But the family of the deceased was not there and can't cry cover up. Noone was there, as far as I know, except for the girlfriend and the Deputy. Don't let grief over the loss of your family overcome the facts of what happened that day. And if your just the type hates on law enforcement because your a crimianl yourself and are screwed in the head, then chances are there is no appeasing you and your doomed to a life as an angry, bitter dude that will suffer a miserable life yourself.

04-15-2011, 11:46 PM
Dude to bad your an idiot, don't your boss inform you of anything, wake up, your deceiving yourself.

04-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Good morning Anthony,

Understand the proper usage of the word you need. The best way to do that is to sound it out. There is a replacement test that will tell you for certain which word will fit. Read the sentence with "you are" in place of where the "your/you're" is intended. If it makes sense, then "you're" would be right. If not, then "your" would fit. You could also replace "your" with "my" in the sentence. If it fits, then use "your."

"I don't know what you're talking about" means "I do not know what you are talking about."

Write 'your' as the possessive form of you, referring to something that a person has, something that belongs to the person in question, or the person to which you are talking.

For example, "Tony, you need to check your grammar, especially when the point of your post is to call someone an idiot. It leads people to believe that you're not very intelligent."

04-19-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm an idiot? dude, look at your mug shot, it should come with the caption "Hello, my name is white trash".

I foresee u being bitter for many years to come... screw u.

04-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Please, keep on with your bashing. Just like little girls in 2nd grade. I am shocked to see that you people are so stupid to write the things you do. Take time to read your own comments, if you can't figure it out then there truly is no helping you. You really are funny, and still a coward. That will never change.

04-26-2011, 12:45 AM
And Anthony, YOU are a convicted felon. Mud-slingling and name calling aside, you lose. I hate to tell you,but that is your fate. Say what you want and condemn the people that call stuff like it is, but the truth is both harsh and steadfast. Again, YOU are the convicted felon with no credibility or any basis in decent society. YOU made that choice to be a criminal. NO one else. That, sir, will never change.

04-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks to your snitches that produce fake scenario's, witch is why i have this record. The state convicted me with no evidence or witnesses but the one guy who falsified the whole event. Twice while finishing an in jail program out of jail, then given a lifetime injunction with only his word to be heard and my parents were made to leave the courtroom before the session began. Twice no sign of injury, EMS would not treat any one because there was no injury, no witnesses ,no evidence whatsoever, the responding officer wrote a statement for (an alleged witness who was never produced) and no surveillance video was checked out and (THERE WAS ONE, THE OWNERS SON TOLD ME SO as he had reviewed it). But thanks to the sorry ass court appointed attorney, and some other unsatisfactory behavior by the ACCUSERS BACKERS,I lost. How convenient. Seems like an ongoing problem with you guys and video. And as far as bashing is concerned, you really should take time to read THREATS and multiple slanderous remarks from what are supposed to be Officers of the Law.

05-04-2011, 12:48 AM
Wow, a lot of facts in that last paragraph are wrong. The main one that stands out refers to Skipper. He didn't pull out into oncoming traffic killing himself and his wife. His wife died in an accident several months before he did, he wasn't even in the car. He was killed a few months after she was, in a completely different accident. As to the rest of the stuff--wow. I'm not getting into it. I just wanted to correct the one 'fact' that was pretty glaringly inaccurate. Not that it was the only one. If I recall correctly, Hofstra's arrest had nothing to do with child porn. You've been fed inaccurate info on a lot of counts.

05-05-2011, 05:19 AM
i would like to say sorry i was wrong about the skipper wreck although the meth part was true, as far as hofstra well you are right about that too but only pointing out that he was on drugs since he was arrested for drugs and that is when they found the child porn. as far as my facts being wrong, well i can only go by court dockets, arrest reports, and news articles for my info. and seeing that one officer tiny got a life sentence, perez got 18 months, ect... the reason for my last post remains the same

05-05-2011, 05:24 AM
Published: August 20, 2010

I can't believe the callousness of Daniel Burke's letter to the editor and I quote, "Sometimes justice comes from the business end of a police officer's gun."

Rocky Allen Watson certainly got the business end of a veritable platoon of elite sheriff's officers' guns, but in reality received none of the "justice" part. Now if this elite sheriff's firing squad had opened up on Rocky before he threw the sword, there would have been some justification; after all, at that point he was armed, but, correct me if I'm wrong, after he threw it, he was than just an unarmed, demented senior citizen in his underwear, drooling and talking nonsense.

I never met the man, but he must truly have been fearsome. Here he was, completely unarmed, practically naked and he had the entire SWAT team shaking in their boots and in fear for their lives as they emptied their weapons into him. A justified shooting? I think not.

As for, "Verbal skills to make sure that the calls they respond to end peacefully," the on-scene witness with Peter Russo said the responding officer screamed at Russo three times in rapid fire, "Drop the knife!" and then opened fire on him. Clearly the sheriff's training officer needs to spend more time on that module.

I have a close relative who was a prosecutor in Miami years ago, and was given a standard legal workshop on how to clear officers involved in questionable shootings and there has never been an unrighteous police shooting Miami/Dade. I suspect the same can be said of Highlands County.

You can spin this any way you want but these are bad shootings and there is an additional need for worry; these guys are bad shots and they have been known to hit the occasional bystander.

What we need on these scenes is less testosterone coupled with adrenaline and more analytic reasoning laced with common sense. Those who choose to "Protect and Serve" need to lose their macho "Shoot first, ask questions later" mentality. There is just absolutely no justification for these shootings by the gang that couldn't shoot straight.

Randy Miller, Venus

05-05-2011, 06:13 AM
Now I know this is an old article and probably not copied to this forum by Randy Miller himself, but I feel the need to point some things out.

Published: August 20, 2010
As for, "Verbal skills to make sure that the calls they respond to end peacefully," the on-scene witness with Peter Russo said the responding officer screamed at Russo three times in rapid fire, "Drop the knife!" and then opened fire on him. Clearly the sheriff's training officer needs to spend more time on that module.

You're right. He should have asked him for his name, date of birth, and if he had any mental illnesses. This also might be the time to get the family history. Once all of that is done you can ask him to drop the gun....if you're not already dead.

There is just absolutely no justification for these shootings by the gang that couldn't shoot straight.

Unless you are pulling a move out of the movies, the bullet goes in the direction the gun is pointed. If you were referring to accuracy and effectiveness then you have no argument as both were accurate and effective.

Randy Miller, Venus

http://www.highlandssheriff.org/Search/ViewPhoto.aspx?PictureID=HCSO05JBN004838
A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words!

05-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Why dont you guys give it a break. This isn't anything but a pissing contest and neither of you are going to win a damn thing. The incident is long over the officer was cleared. Let's not drop to their level and allow everyong to read this garbage.

05-07-2011, 05:09 AM
Fact;After a fair level of research, it is easy to say that the public has been provably misinformed by that counties Sheriff department so much that it's hard to believe anything they attempt to tell the public. The ridiculous statements you make can further damage no one but yourselves. Simply contending in a bitter battle of slanderous comments in attempts to degrade or discredit one party or the other is childish and on you're departments side unprofessional. The attempts to discredit Mr. Russo are at the least irrelavent. He is not needed whatsoever as a witness in any case as the evidence stack is so immense against you now it would only become a futile attempt for any positive action. Now, if any of you would like to implicate yourselves further, feel free to do so. Every word you decide to type further fortifies the stack higher than any of you could ever stand. Furthermore, Mr. Russo's honorable service to his country is not and cannot be blemished by such insignificant charges that have no evidential backing on the lessor county and/or state levels since the U.S.M.C. is our 1st priority level of National Defense and his outstanding record portray's the truth in their motto "Semper Fi".

05-07-2011, 05:10 AM
Fact;After a fair level of research, it is easy to say that the public has been provably misinformed by that counties Sheriff department so much that it's hard to believe anything they attempt to tell the public. The ridiculous statements you make can further damage no one but yourselves. Simply contending in a bitter battle of slanderous comments in attempts to degrade or discredit one party or the other is childish and on you're departments side unprofessional. The attempts to discredit Mr. Russo are at the least irrelavent. He is not needed whatsoever as a witness in any case as the evidence stack is so immense against you now it would only become a futile attempt for any positive action. Now, if any of you would like to implicate yourselves further, feel free to do so. Every word you decide to type further fortifies the stack higher than any of you could ever stand. Furthermore, Mr. Russo's honorable service to his country is not and cannot be blemished by such insignificant charges that have no evidential backing on the lessor county and/or state levels since the U.S.M.C. is our 1st priority level of National Defense and his outstanding record portray's the truth in their motto "Semper Fi".

05-09-2011, 04:07 PM
the girl said what, how about what was recorded on the officers chest mike and the 911 recording, 2shots fired then yelled 1 time "put it down".like I said before, only tell the public what you want them to believe, not the truth. dispute you're own recording smart guy. End of any more comments.Truth and true facts speak for themselves.

05-16-2011, 07:44 PM
I believe the retired US Marine said it best. It is truly a shame, that a Highlands County Deputy, or any law enforcment personnel would go so low as to start this post in the first place.
As far as the deputy being cleared, I believe he has currently been served with legal papers, so we will have to see what happens there...perhaps the truth!

05-17-2011, 01:08 AM
I believe the retired US Marine said it best. It is truly a shame, that a Highlands County Deputy, or any law enforcment personnel would go so low as to start this post in the first place.
As far as the deputy being cleared, I believe he has currently been served with legal papers, so we will have to see what happens there...perhaps the truth!

Nope. Fail.

You still fail. Pathetic attempts to stir the pot....FAIL.

Serve all the civil papers you want. Everyone wants police, protection, and absolute security, until it applies to them. Then, it comes with conditions.

Too predictable. :roll:

05-28-2011, 02:04 AM
11YTBT18
To quiet this all down I'll let you all know the truth. The HCSO was served over 2 months ago regarding my Son Pete Russo's unjustified homicide. We are going to a federal court in september to clear PETE'S NAME AND jUSTICE WILL BE SERVED! No arguing back and forth. The HCSO protect thier own even if they are murderers. Benton is a fine case in point with her own son. Good night and Semper Fi! George P. Russo (Please quit harrassing us with public utilitity vehicles ie: comcast, property appraiser, and century link). Have a nice day. Russo

05-30-2011, 10:01 PM
I have visited this site for a couple of years now and never posted but I just can't take it anymore. I am tired of always reading all these negative post about the police officers and some damn cover up or scandal. These agencies can NOT be as bad as you make them out to be. I have lived in an area where there was corruption and I have not seen it here since I moved here 6 yrs ago. Why not get some proof on these agencies or officers and turn it in to State Attorney's office. If it is as bad as you all make it then it should be REAL EASY to do.Instead of always blaming or arm chair quarterbacking the officers for their actions when you really dont have all the facts because you were NOT there, why not ask the State Attorney why HE chose not to put charges on the officers. I see alot of posts stating there is always a cover up. That Benton is protecting her own. Bull S%%t the state attorney's office has there own investigators who investigate this stuff. My dad was an investigator for the SA's office in another county. They always did there own investigation on serious charges like these. It didn't matter what the PD's/ or SO's conclusion was they did there own impartial investigation. It has been my personal expierence thru many years that the people who always want to complain or accuse police officers of doing wrong, covering things up, being crooked or anything negative are usually the knuckle heads the officers have to deal with on a regular basis. These people are mad or pissed off because the officer DID do their job correctly, and that usually means they have to go to jail. I say to you just quit being a screw up. If you spent a 1/10 of the time being a productive citizen that you do hating and bashing the police, then just MAYBE we wouldn't need them. Well I
know I will catch alot of crap for this post but that will just prove i am right. Anyone who has a negative thing to say will be that knuckle head I am talking about. The sad part is they are to stupid to even understand this post. I say to ALL you LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS of ALL AGENCY's please don't take what a few dumb Azz people say on here to heart. I PROMISE there are plenty of us out here that do appreciate the job you are doing, so PLEASE keep up the good work. One last thing if you don't like the job these people are doing then apply for their job and show them how to do it right (if you can). LET THE BASHING BEGIN!!!!!!!! P.S. I AM NOT AFFRAID TO PUT MY NAME EITHER

05-31-2011, 04:47 AM
You were not there either Mr. Zack. And every one knows the State Attorney's Office works hand in hand with the Sheriff's Office. You are to used to having people go with you're flow, but not on this one. You are right about 1 thing, the evidence speaks for itself. All of you who have made the sarcastic comments and think you know it all will have the opportunity to step up on the stand at the Federal Courthouse. Again, as ridiculous as the investigation was and unprofessional the comments of certain HCSO personnel were, we do thank you for the copies of evidence we have. Even though we know it was incomplete comparatively speaking to a real professional investigation.The burden of proof is easy for us now that it outweighs anything whatsoever you could possibly fabricate at this point. Investigate you're own crimes is not such a good idea after all is it. Especially when it's done so unorganized as this one was. What a fiasco. The Facts are what they are, you WILL find out the REAL TRUTH, I PROMISE YOU, then we will see what you're opinion is then. Semper Fi

06-19-2011, 12:02 PM
As far as corruption in law enforcement, statistics prove, ( do your research Zack) that Florida ranks #9 out of the fifty United States. Now you can look at that two ways, you can either say, Well, at least there are eight other states that are worse then us, or you can be humiliated my the fact, that there are 41 states that are better then you are!

06-19-2011, 01:46 PM
As far as corruption in law enforcement, statistics prove, ( do your research Zack) that Florida ranks #9 out of the fifty United States. Now you can look at that two ways, you can either say, Well, at least there are eight other states that are worse then us, or you can be humiliated my the fact, that there are 41 states that are better then you are!

Before I go into a big long rant about how incorrect you are, what is your source? Just a link to the website will suffice.

06-23-2011, 03:28 PM
[quote]So and so wrote this or so and so wrote that, /quote] Hey stats, fail, you fail, badly. Enough of all these stupid remarks of yours, you look more ridiculous every time you make one, like you're the authority on every thing and think you're better than every one else. Well, you're not. Shut up, are you the official excuse maker for H.C.S.O. More like the official make them look more asinine than you already do guy,lmao. you're the one who needs a lesson, IN RESPECT, Because there is none present in you or you're clonies.

06-26-2011, 08:36 PM
To longevity, you refer to my father as a horses ass! GET YOU'RE FACTS STRAIGHT. Oh yeah, I forgot, you are still trying to deceive the public. My father never said that, what he did say is he gave Pete a Roy Rogers toy collectible to him when he was a child, the toy gun you refer to is one of a set Pete had bought his grandson for his birthday. and you're people took one when you searched his apartment and put the other one in a drawer next to a roll of caps for you're evidence picture,(ALL AFTER HE WAS SHOT MULTIPLE TIMES BY YOU'RE TRIGGER HAPPY DEPUTY). Another fabricated scenario that will be proven in court. Facts are things,situations and realities that have support to their merit. Not fabrication of scenes and scenarios to mislead people to believe in falsified evidence of a crime scene. You should ask yourself how many crimes does it take to cover up an unjustified homicide? How many people risk their chances of eternal life with the Lord or eternal DAMNATION? I've said before that we all have to answer to GOD one day, I'm not in the least bit nervous, but you should be. I don't think he takes to kindly of people entrusted with upholding our standards and our laws to go around breaking them themselves. and also don't forget that you have to be let through a set of PEARLY GATES FIRST,and who mans them, PETER. Evil never wins in the end and it's not gonna start now!

07-12-2011, 10:28 PM
First they ignore you,then they attack you,then you WIN

07-12-2011, 11:14 PM
I can not believe over opinionated peeps still post on this thread. T...you's a douche and I think in the end your not going to get your way. I feel sorry for ya really, you're completely out of your mind. And that's the last I'll say about this long winded thread.

07-12-2011, 11:50 PM
But yet you still monitor what is posted, so obviously it remains a matter of importance. Question, how would you feel and react if the shoe was on the other foot, answer, you don't know because you're disabled brother who never hurt anyone was not murdered, made to look like some sort of criminal and then deceive yourself into believing that you were able to cover up what REALLY HAPPENED. So, for you and your gang members who think you are beyond and above everybody, you really need to think again. I can go on and on with easily verifiable facts to further explain, but I have had enough of you and you're little teams crap. You know the truth and so don't I. And soon, so won't everybody. I'm not scared nor am I intimidated AND YOU, you are not nor ever will be my friend. You act like this is a joke and no big deal, well, I'm 99.9 percent sure that you'll regret thinking you were gonna sweep this one under the rug like previous ones.

09-28-2011, 03:55 PM
I find this thread highly entertaining. Cop vs. Meth Head. You're and your. Brilliant stuff.

I'm glad that cop was found innocent of any wrong doing. One less troublesome Russo in the world.

11-13-2011, 04:04 AM
Highly entertained, You are a bully, but that is ok. nevermind what anybody thinks on this earth, at the sheriffs office, on this thread,,, You will have to answer to God one day, for your actions and your evil words. I really wish you had the balls to put your name on here. But like I said you will have to face God. we might not know who you are, but he does.

11-17-2011, 03:29 AM
tHey deputy clowny, where did they give yellow bellied cowards like youi a badge? A cop who thinks taking a life is a joke, an innocent one at that. Grow up , little girl playtime was over long ago. A real smart guy like yourself, wow, I never would have thought you to be so,,,,,never mind,,lmao.

11-28-2011, 12:57 AM
Hey taunting liar, Did our awareness spoil your fun?

01-23-2012, 02:01 AM
NO, But I sure consume your thoughts.

01-23-2012, 02:17 AM
I see the long arm of the law in this county is extremely long. How you sleep with yourselves is beyond me. No doubt you are a powerful gang. To bad there is no honor in how you do it and no honor in going to hell witch why you don't realize that that is where you're going I don't know, but you are. I am very happy for you and will enjoy a celebratory event for it.

01-23-2012, 08:21 PM
You really are as stupid and illiterate as everyone thinks. Thank you for the afternoon chuckle.

02-15-2012, 01:33 PM
What truly amazes me, is that the Highland County Sheriff Personel act like little children in their replies. I've said it before, you show no professionalism and lack any people skills what so ever. If you act on the job as you do in this forum, then God help us all. You truly make the general public afraid to dial 911, because you just might be the ignorant SOB to respond to our call for help. In which case, we are certainly better off to fend for ourselves. The bottom line is that HCSO did a half a____ job of investigating this entire incident. Joyce Santos had managed to get Mr. Russo, who was disabled, to give her his entire life savings and when she couldn't bleed him dry anymore, then she started getting him to get credit cards and charge on them. When they got into an agrument about it, Joyce Santos tried to stab Mr. Russo and he took the knife from her. When he went out to have a cigarette and walked out with the knife he took from her. The toy revolver I questions if he had it in his hand, or you all found it in the car and tossed it out there to protect your boy. At best, Ms Santos is responsible for what happened, yet with your inability to do any real detective work, you just simply closed the case and did nothing. There is a private autopsy report which VERIFIES that Mr Russo had stab wounds, yet you choose to close the case, because you were more concerned about how you all looked then doing the right thing and finding out all the facts. You choose to ignore the Fathers plea that Ms. Santos had been taking his son for money and he wanted to file a complaint, you did NOTHING. Instead, you choose to act like children in this forum and continue to act unprofessional and show us all that you fell that you are superior to the general public and beyond having to do the right things. You should all be ashamed.

02-25-2012, 08:31 PM
No matter what anyone thinks of whoever, you people are supposed to be Law Enforcement Officers. What a joke. I don't think over half of you could pass a physical fitness test or score above primate on an I.Q. test let alone even do your job right. I'm shocked that most of you are even allowed to reproduce. I thought they transported the likes of whatever it is you consider yourselves to be to Siberia. Of coarse that is probably why you post all this ignorance of yours on your own cop site so the entire public don't read about you'all telling on yourselves. If you can't get along among yourselves what makes you think you can make a rational decision in the streets. Simple, you obviously can't. Really, read your own stupid remarks. A little kid could figure out that a great percentage of you are so corrupt it's down right disgusting. I cannot believe that a Federal Department has not stepped in to save us from this disfunctional department of LIARS, THIEVES, THUGS, CHEATERS, COWARDS AND MURDERERS.

02-25-2012, 08:43 PM
I do feel for the few number of Officers that take pride in what they do. I have the utmost respect for the Officers that perform their duties honorably.. It's a shame that their efforts are overshadowed by the GUSTAPO.

03-23-2012, 07:12 PM
One of you cowards had said
( Don't blame the kid because he was forced to do something that I know he never thought he would have to do in his career. We don't ever want to take a life, but maybe this deputy was misjudged because of his youthful appearance. Goes to show you that appearances are deceiving which is just what you are trying to portray what happened that day. You may try to deceive the ones who don't know better, but you will never deceive the ones who know what actually happened. You see, there are way too many of us being killed in the line of duty by gutless cowards like well.............you. You hide behind a keystroke or a meth pipe because you only wish you could do this job. Like a few others have said, strap one on and get you some. Thats of course assuming you can pass the background.........ahhhhhh nevermind.
Karma is a ***** brother Tony (I mean Tone) and I hope it doesn't find you, but I have a suspicion it will. Be the wall Tone and just say no to meth!) Is that a threat on my life? I believe it is. Well, gutless cowards are people who hide behind false identities, badges, superiors who have lead you to believe they are what they aren't, guns, unmarked vehicles, private vehicles, car lot vehicles, other forged members of their gang, and so on . I told you you would no doubt try to stick me with some bullsh*t charge after all the slanderous comments from the bunch of idiots you portray yourselves as.Question, why does the Special OPS unit in separate vehicles conduct a routine traffic stop for alleged headlights not on when they know they were? Where is the Special OPS part of of pulling this woman over? Oh, that's right, you were needing to cover the fact that you slandered the H*ll out of me. But don't you realize that it doesn't work. It all came from specific people from specific computers. All relatively easily identifiable. We all know that there really is nowhere to hide. Some just think they can, but you really can't. That's why I obviously haven't, while some of you obviously have. You just can't go around attacking innocent civilians like a bunch of laughing Hyena's. You are not the Military and Civilians aren't the enemy and life is not a damn video game. GROW UP. Quit acting like Satanic Militants. Didn't our Government just invade a country for BASICALLY the same type of treatment towards it's own people? Granted not as harsh, but everything starts from BASICS.

04-07-2012, 08:06 PM
You really are as stupid and illiterate as everyone thinks. Thank you for the afternoon chuckle.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,you are a gay inbread that needs new knee pads every week.

02-16-2013, 08:40 AM
Re: Code 3 10-94

Postby errrrrrr » 09/14/10 22:02:53
shut yer trap...there's another thought.

errrrrrr

Postby Guest » 08/02/10 22:52:35
...and what the hell is charlie squad?

Postby smae » 08/03/10 10:03:21
I heard the same thing. I pulled the cad notes and sure as hell he did slow everyone down... WHAT THE HELL!!

Postby TRUTH101 » 12/22/10 21:55:45
I am not on that squad but I know for a fact the LT. DID tell all units to back down to code one and he had the Sgt. continuing to run code three. How that makes sense, I have no idea. But thats what happened. This agency has come to the point where people are leaving or trying to leave but they cant go anywhere because of the crap thats in their files. I have been told just in the year 2010, there was over 15 IA's conducted which has far superceeded the past years. For those of you who dont have first hand knowledge, its probably best you keep your opinions to yourselves. HCSO has the potential to be a great agency, we just need the right leaders to be in place.

I will also say this, Charlie squad is not the only squad or unit with problems. Every squad or unit has at least one "problem child". I thinks is a true reflection on the leadership of this agency. I mean what other agency can you be a deputy with very little road experiance one day then all of a sudden the next you are a Captain? I have a feeling in 2012, there will be some changes made which can only make this agency better.

Postby CharlieSquad Peon » 09/15/10 18:53:51
Deuteronomy 19:21

"Show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. "

CharlieSquad Peon

Remember what you say.

07-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Hey Charlie Squad Peon. You said it yourself, "NO PITY". Skinned alive and duct taped to a scrub oak on a blistering August afternoon in sunny Florida would be what you deserve. And I would bet NOBODY would have NO PITY FOR YOU.

05-23-2014, 01:20 AM
To all comment respondants on this topic; pull up a complete copy of all of 'YOUR OWN INVESTIGATION'S EVIDENCE. Read through it very carefully. Study the PICTURES very carefully. Listen to and read the SWORN STATEMENTS very carefully. This could be a good learning tool for the 'Cover Up Department". The obvious mistakes are endless. HCSO pulled one out of it's hat to make a case disappear. Now the Captain responsible for it is being investigated, again. There are still 3 copies of every bit of the investigations evidence. There is always the possibility of it falling into the right hands, or, the wrong hands. That depends on who you are. It may be old news and forgotten by HCSO, so just to remind you that an innocent man was murdered as a direct result of a set up and a Captains order and THAT, will always matter to and never be forgotten by some.

Unregistered
09-29-2016, 07:22 PM
Has any of you deputies on duty that day ever get an answer to this question or are you just as much a coward like the guilty parties involved.?????

Postby errrrrrr » 09/14/10 22:02:53
shut yer trap...there's another thought.

errrrrrr

Postby Guest » 08/02/10 22:52:35
...and what the hell is charlie squad?

Postby smae » 08/03/10 10:03:21
I heard the same thing. I pulled the cad notes and sure as hell he did slow everyone down... WHAT THE HELL!!

Postby TRUTH101 » 12/22/10 21:55:45
I am not on that squad but I know for a fact the LT. DID tell all units to back down to code one and he had the Sgt. continuing to run code three. How that makes sense, I have no idea. But thats what happened. This agency has come to the point where people are leaving or trying to leave but they cant go anywhere because of the crap thats in their files. I have been told just in the year 2010, there was over 15 IA's conducted which has far superceeded the past years. For those of you who dont have first hand knowledge, its probably best you keep your opinions to yourselves. HCSO has the potential to be a great agency, we just need the right leaders to be in place.

I will also say this, Charlie squad is not the only squad or unit with problems. Every squad or unit has at least one "problem child". I thinks is a true reflection on the leadership of this agency. I mean what other agency can you be a deputy with very little road experiance one day then all of a sudden the next you are a Captain? I have a feeling in 2012, there will be some changes made which can only make this agency better.

Postby CharlieSquad Peon » 09/15/10 18:53:51
Deuteronomy 19:21

"Show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. "

CharlieSquad Peon

Remember what you say.

Unregistered
10-21-2016, 02:22 AM
Dude, this was 6 yrs ago. Get on with ur freakin life loser