PDA

View Full Version : Trooper COMPLAINS and now we get our slick tops taken back!!

10-06-2010, 01:47 AM
Ok, what tard complained that the new Dodge Charger should have a light bar on top because of "Officer Safety", that ruined everyone elese from getting a slick top for a Charger in the whole freaking state? You my man, are an a$$ clown! They are taking back Chargers as we speak to equip them with a light bar....

10-06-2010, 07:58 AM
:roll: Cry more... :roll:

10-06-2010, 10:22 AM
I didn't think this was verified. I thought it was just another rumor.

10-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Ok, what tard complained that the new Dodge Charger should have a light bar on top because of "Officer Safety", that ruined everyone elese from getting a slick top for a Charger in the whole freaking state? You my man, are an a$$ clown! They are taking back Chargers as we speak to equip them with a light bar....

It was the same idiot who complained we should only use a bluetooth while talking on our cells while driving. :snicker:

10-06-2010, 11:25 AM
The tard is in W Palm Troop K. He wrote/emailed the col. saying he wanted to put extra lights on the slicktop Charger. He claimed that it was an officer safety issue because there weren't enough lights on it.
FHP's response was to recall all slicktop chargers and send them to Middleburg for light bars. I know of at least 4 Troop K cars that were sent back for lightbars.
In typical FHP fashion we all pay because of one retard.

10-06-2010, 05:18 PM
I heard it was some tard in Trooper C Brooksville area. He has been serving for a little over a year, but he thinks he is close to making colonel!

10-06-2010, 05:18 PM
*Troop*

10-06-2010, 11:23 PM
I heard it was some tard in Trooper C Brooksville area. He has been serving for a little over a year, but he thinks he is close to making colonel!

Names please

10-06-2010, 11:32 PM
We have already dressed this issue in another post. THE FACTS ARE... a Troop L Broward Trooper complained like a little ***** and now we don't have slicktops anymore!

10-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Just think, who ever did it is one of your own

10-09-2010, 02:50 PM
One complaint from a rookie officer can make that big of a difference? Either it was a knee jerk reaction from poor leadership or a real concern.

10-13-2010, 05:13 AM
are you serious wtf?!?

10-13-2010, 02:02 PM
not supprised it came from Troop L Davie. They have some complaining troopers who rat to managment about everything.

10-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Troop L is horrible, they screw regular crashes as badly as they screw up homicides and we all know how often Troop L screws up homicides.

They are incompetent when comes to homicdes.

10-14-2010, 07:28 AM
not supprised it came from Troop L Davie. They have some complaining troopers who rat to managment about everything.

na it wasn't from L

10-14-2010, 12:45 PM
na it wasn't from L

whatever

10-14-2010, 09:11 PM
It was Troop K Palm Beach.

10-20-2010, 07:40 PM

I t was Dill he needed the light bar to get more customers!

10-23-2010, 07:39 PM
In true FHP fashion, it was a typical knee jerk reaction. Instead, the Patrol could have simply said "Thank you for your personal concerns and feelings about being in a slick top. You are now being assigned a light bar unit; please turn in the slick top."

But I do believe the FHP light package is severely lacking. It doesn't have much of the 'effective or needed' lights that other agencies have found to improve safety and visibilty, like extra emergency lights in the front corner lights, reverse lights, or in the grille. And as demonstrated in the recent intersection S4P in Tally (running code), intersection warnig is non-existent! And to make it worse, management prohibits any additional from being installed. Ad if running code in Tally wasn't bad enough, you should try it in Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Jax or any other metro area.

And before anyone says it, I am fully aware that there is no need to run code to the crash without injuries that happened an hour prior. But hat is not always the case. Especially if we are in pursuits now. In fact, the agency's biggest liability will probably come from getting sued after a x31 crash because we didn't have enough intersection warning for an innocent party to k ow we were x31.

10-23-2010, 09:04 PM
I agree. We spent a bajillion dollars on that ugly piece of crap lightbar just so it would recognize day or night. Now we don't even use that feature. How retarded. I agree that the red lights are brighter in the daytime so I can live with that. However, why are they all mixed in with the blue? They look pink. Again, retarded. Can we reprogram it (again) so that all the blues flash at one time and then all the red?

What is so bad about a slimmer lightbar that would be just as bright? Several agencies have the Whelen Liberty and they are very bright and look good. Maybe we wouldn't complain about having a lightbar if they didn't look so retarded. Yes, I said retarted again. I know the slimmer lightbars cost much less than our junk. AND the lens covers don't fade two months after you have it. Who is in charge of this stuff and why don't we get out of this contract and save some money? Code 3 obviously isn't providing good service or everyone would have clear lightbar lenses. I think everyone was so happy that we didn't have the Vector lightbar anymore that no one noticed how bad the Code 3 looks.

Oh, and most people I know that have slick tops average about 5 traffic stops a day. Maybe that's the real reason they are getting taken away.

10-23-2010, 09:20 PM
I think a legitimate test should have been: "Do any other agencies use this light bar, and if so, how many? If nobody else is using a particular piece of equipment, that might tell you something. The only agency I have seen other than FHP using the Javelin is Amarillo PD, and their lights flash all red on one side and all blue on the other. I'm all for innovation but I think the state got significantly less than they bargained for with this contract.

10-24-2010, 05:51 AM
If they really wanted an effective kick ass light bar, the Whelen double stack Liberty bar that was tested against Code 3 actually beat out the Code 3 bar, but somehow Whelen was not 'chosen'.

10-25-2010, 02:56 PM
But I do believe the FHP light package is severely lacking. It doesn't have much of the 'effective or needed' lights that other agencies have found to improve safety and visibilty, like extra emergency lights in the front corner lights, reverse lights, or in the grille. And as demonstrated in the recent intersection S4P in Tally (running code), intersection warnig is non-existent! And to make it worse, management prohibits any additional from being installed. Ad if running code in Tally wasn't bad enough, you should try it in Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Jax or any other metro area.

+1

10-26-2010, 12:49 AM

+1

Someone needs to do more research. The Trooper had his lights on ... Yes. Activated the Siren ... No. Stop or slow down at the intersection to make sure the other drivers knew of his presence ... No. The light was red for the southbound traffic on SR-263 at the intersection of SR-20 ... there was witnesses. The vehicle light package was the least of the problem in this incident. Try Again. :devil:

10-26-2010, 03:58 AM

+1

Someone needs to do more research. The Trooper had his lights on ... Yes. Activated the Siren ... No. Stop or slow down at the intersection to make sure the other drivers knew of his presence ... No. The light was red for the southbound traffic on SR-263 at the intersection of SR-20 ... there was witnesses. The vehicle light package was the least of the problem in this incident. Try Again. :devil:

I don't know anything about the crash, but I even underlined and bolded the section I was specifically agreed with...which is the fact the FHP light system is "lacking, specifically because there is no front corner emergency lights."

And just like typical, dumb a** trooper, you are too busy throwing another trooper under the bus to read what is in black and white right in front of you.

10-27-2010, 02:23 AM

+1

I don't know anything about the crash, but I even underlined and bolded the section I was specifically agreed with...which is the fact the FHP light system is "lacking, specifically because there is no front corner emergency lights."

And just like typical, dumb a** trooper, you are too busy throwing another trooper under the bus to read what is in black and white right in front of you.

Well, you need to reread my post .... lights were not the problem. If the person would have followed policy and F.S.S. there would not have been an accident to begin with. If someone is running code and comes to a stop intersection .... it is their responsiblity to make sure that it is safe before proceeding through the intersection. The trooper could have had all the lights they wanted on the patrol car and it would not have made a difference ... the person that hit him did not have a chance to slow down. Try again :devil:

By the way, you should not assume I am a Trooper!

10-27-2010, 04:04 AM
Well, you need to reread my post .... lights were not the problem. If the person would have followed policy and F.S.S. there would not have been an accident to begin with. If someone is running code and comes to a stop intersection .... it is their responsiblity to make sure that it is safe before proceeding through the intersection. The trooper could have had all the lights they wanted on the patrol car and it would not have made a difference ... the person that hit him did not have a chance to slow down. Try again :devil:

Dear Try Again,

:roll: You are a retard!

10-27-2010, 09:02 PM
What do you a$$clowns need slick tops for and why are you such crybabies. My gosh YOU ARE TRAFFIC COPS not the real police. Go do your stinking job so I don't have to keep working your crap and can catch real criminals while you argue and cry about cars.

10-28-2010, 12:32 AM

Dear Try Again,

:roll: You are a retard!

Typical

Go put on your hat and play in traffic.

10-28-2010, 02:51 AM

+1

By the way, you should not assume I am a Trooper!

Not a Trooper,

This thread was about slick tips and light packages. Not about the Trooper that may or may not have violated policy and the law. There is virtually NO side warning on the cars that have light bars. The newer slick tops at least have LEDs on the front push bumper and side windows. That's helpful, but there could be more.

10-31-2010, 12:18 AM
For those of you that work in Charlotte County, check out the light bar and light package on the cars with the License Plate Recognition system. Those cars are extremely visible with the light package they are equipped with. The light bars are the newer code 3 tri-core. They are probably one of the brightest light bars I have seen to date.