PDA

View Full Version : 1% fund

10-03-2010, 05:17 PM
giordano for one percent fund, he told you all.....now look at the mess, wow...

10-03-2010, 07:57 PM
giordano for one percent fund, he told you all.....now look at the mess, wow...
Hey stupid the issue with the 1% fund was caused by the city's resent change to the pension plan. Now tell me how would Giordano make any difference in the outcome? Once again stupidity talks.

Phaedrus11
10-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Jeff and his irresponsible post/text have given unnecessary stress and grief to those of us who are concerned about the fund. That which you have earned is protected by the state constitution. While the state contribution is threatened by the changes forced upon the pension, the battle is much greater. Remember, if we do not have a self run plan we don’t qualify for the contributions in the first place. If you have a concern or you have a question about the plan, ask a board member. Don’t get you information from a rambling dolt that has never attended a meeting in his career.

10-03-2010, 09:30 PM
I understand that because the City of Miami is screwed up and not properly dealing with the FIPO Pension Trust obligations that they notified the City that they, the State, was withholding the 175/185 checks.

10-04-2010, 02:23 AM
I dont know who this Jeff guy is, but i overheard him talking last week and he sounded like a very well educated man. He predicted the downfall of the 1 percent fund amongst other things. He has the backing of the Brickell Area Association, Brickell Homeowners Association and the Banking community along the Brickell Area. Jeff will lead the 1 percent fund back to the greatness it once had. He will bring honor, integrity and true Leadership back to the 1% fund.

10-04-2010, 06:00 AM
My Fellow brothers I warned you of our future 1 percent contributions going to the Floridas Marlins garage, to my 97 believers we stand proud to our fact finding. To the rest may you live a life of shame. I will always be there to give assistance to all in need.

10-04-2010, 08:41 AM
People you guys have no idea how f..ked we are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brass dont care they got a great retirement and no salary cuts.
We ( the real workers ) on the other hand have taken a massive pay cut.
BUT WE HAVE BEEN IN DENIAL!
WAKE UP CALL WILL BE NEXT PAY DAY!
THANKS FOP!
OH AND THE 1%..... YOU CAN KISS IT GOOD BYE .....THAT REPRESENTS APPROX $200,000 OF FREE MONEY UPON RETIREMENT..
ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOP!
FOP IS IN BED WITH THE MAYOR
ILL KEEP REPEATING THESE WORDS UNTILL YOU GET IT!

10-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Why r we still paying for these outrageous blom and moffit payraises, medical, suv;s, sgt at arms, etc, while huge pay cuts plus rule of 70 and age 50, no 1 %, no pay raises, retirement age 80 years old ????????? GIORDANO FOR CHANGE, HE TOLD YOU ALL, MARLINS HAVE A NEW GARAGE NOW, WOW......

10-04-2010, 12:45 PM
If Giordano gets advice from the bankers we are all doomed. They would love our 1% monies and pay next to nothing!!! Remember banks are one of the main causes of the worldwide financial problem.

10-04-2010, 05:33 PM
You wanted REgalado as MAYOR, you got your wish noe shut the F@@CK UP AND SUCK IT UP. YOUR UNION HAS GIVEN PLENTY OF MONEY FOR HIS ELECTION AS WELL AS THE SCHOOL DISTRICT COMMISSIONER SO DONT COMPLAIN YOU WANTED CHANGE AND YOU GOT IT..

10-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Jeff and his irresponsible post/text have given unnecessary stress and grief to those of us who are concerned about the fund. That which you have earned is protected by the state constitution. While the state contribution is threatened by the changes forced upon the pension, the battle is much greater. Remember, if we do not have a self run plan we don’t qualify for the contributions in the first place. If you have a concern or you have a question about the plan, ask a board member. Don’t get you information from a rambling dolt that has never attended a meeting in his career.
Kerr why do you bait people into a fight and when they confront you, you run away like a coward?

10-04-2010, 07:36 PM
What's funny is that you call him a coward but at least he has the decency to post his name even when he is saying something negative about someone else. That takes courage. You're the one acting like a coward hiding behind the name guest. Comments are one thing but if you want to say something negative about somebody else have the courage to post your real name.

10-04-2010, 11:01 PM
El Portal is taking over the City.

10-05-2010, 12:14 AM
I think Giodano should run for FOP Prez. He would set this place straight. Jeff would bring down all these dirty politicinas. Jeff has the knowledge, fortittude and courage to lead us out of this great depiession were in. Jeff informed us well in advance of the deal the city made with our 1% fund to pay for the Marlins Parking Lot. Jeff has alot of inside info due to the many years working in the Brickell Business district. Jeff was also Community Policeman of The Year. So you know he has honor, integrity and professionalism. Please Jeff run for fop pREZ.

10-05-2010, 12:24 AM
If you idiots think the 1% fund is being used for the marlins you're all smoking what Jeff is smoking.

Nazur, Tapanes, and Kerr have only the best interest of the fund. Jeff is just a clueless village idiot.

10-05-2010, 12:55 AM
I understand that because the City of Miami is screwed up and not properly dealing with the FIPO Pension Trust obligations that they notified the City that they, the State, was withholding the 175/185 checks.

The City illegaly messed with our pension with the "suit me" attitute. This is causing further harm to our monetary intake as it affect our 1% fund, well, what would happend if we respond in the same like and STRIKE. Im sure that if we do, the governor will be forced to take action. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

10-05-2010, 01:14 AM
Yeah, ur right. I'm sure he will respond. by putting ur silly azz in jail

The City illegaly messed with our pension with the "suit me" attitute. This is causing further harm to our monetary intake as it affect our 1% fund, well, what would happend if we respond in the same like and STRIKE. Im sure that if we do, the governor will be forced to take action. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

10-06-2010, 12:42 AM
Mr. Kerr

I have never turned down a brother’s request. Upon your return from your last Vegas episode you stood in front of me with humiliation. Now you have betrayed each and every member on this department and I stand a fool. I have no choice but to seek a class action law suit against the members of the board if your irresponsible behavior does not cease immediately. Members that wish to be listed on the class action my email giordanompd@bellsouth.net. I ask the following?

1) Is there an emergency meeting set for this Thursday that you have failed to inform its members that could leave our 1 percent fund in the hands of the City? Why the silence; let us speak.

2) Did the board receive a letter from the state that there will be no future contributions? If this holds true, are the 20 new recruits entitled to our money? This would quickly diminish our funds.

3) To avoid a class action I demand all funds be placed in a safe haven and distributed to its members allowing us to roll it over in a retirement account. Any monies lost due to unnecessary high risk investments would be irresponsible on your part .The other two elected members Arnold Horshack and the Elephant man. We are 1 step away from Israel striking Japan which would send the markets tumbling down and extingushing our 1% fund.

4) Why not distribute the money at its highest point? What is the purpose of continuing to pay attorneys fees, rent and two full time employees? Disband the board and distribute all our money along with its reserves to its members or face a class action law suit.

Do not be fooled once the contributions are taken away from its members. The City will propose to the F.O.P a contract of the rule of 70 or 74 instead of the age of 50. The City will then be eligible to receive the 1 percent state contributions and save their financial ruins and pay for the marlins Parking Garage. Rumor has it; you were born a man Kerr. This is not a game of chance, you are playing with peoples lively hood. Do not sell you’re gambling weak soul to City Hall allow Dr. Giordano to prescribe you some testicles. GAME ON!!!

Sincerly Jeffrey S. Giordano

10-06-2010, 01:23 AM
Thank God we have someone with sense and courage to stand up to these liars. Jeff i must thank you for showing us the light, I wish we had just a few more like you on this Dept. Is there anyway we can change the by-laws of the Union so that you may run for FOP Prez? If so, I know you could produce a good team to go up against the city. You are truely a Great leader who isn't scared of anyone!

10-06-2010, 01:26 AM
Jeff you got my vote! FOP you got to go. Our union has sold us out. Carlos Avila where are you?

10-06-2010, 01:33 AM
Mr. Kerr

I have never turned down a brother’s request. Upon your return from your last Vegas episode you stood in front of me with humiliation. I supplied you with a 6 month recovery plan that saved both your marriage and your house from going into foreclosure. Now you have betrayed each and every member on this department and I stand a fool. I have no choice but to seek a class action law suit against the members of the board if your irresponsible behavior does not cease immediately. Members that wish to be listed on the class action my email giordanompd@bellsouth.net. I ask the following?

1) Is there an emergency meeting set for this Thursday that you have failed to inform its members that could leave our 1 percent fund in the hands of the City? Why the silence; let us speak.

2) Did the board receive a letter from the state that there will be no future contributions? If this holds true, are the 20 new recruits entitled to our money? This would quickly diminish our funds.

3) To avoid a class action I demand all funds be placed in a safe haven and distributed to its members allowing us to roll it over in a retirement account. Any monies lost due to unnecessary high risk investments would be irresponsible on your part .The other two elected members Arnold Horshack and the Elephant man. We are 1 step away from Israel striking Japan which would send the markets tumbling down and extingushing our 1% fund.

4) Why not distribute the money at its highest point? What is the purpose of continuing to pay attorneys fees, rent and two full time employees? Disband the board and distribute all our money along with its reserves to its members or face a class action law suit.

Do not be fooled once the contributions are taken away from its members. The City will propose to the F.O.P a contract of the rule of 70 or 74 instead of the age of 50. The City will then be eligible to receive the 1 percent state contributions and save their financial ruins and pay for the marlins Parking Garage. Rumor has it; you were born a man Kerr. This is not a game of chance, you are playing with peoples lively hood. Do not sell you’re gambling weak soul to City Hall allow Dr. Giordano to prescribe you some testicles. GAME ON!!!

Huh? Is Giordano for real? And they let him carry a gun and a badge? Dear lord please forgive him for he not know what he says. And just think where would we be if he got on the board. Probably investing our money is Scientology.

Phaedrus11
10-06-2010, 03:39 AM
Mr. Kerr
I ask the following?
I’m always happy to answer your questions Jeff.

An emergency meeting has been set for this Thursday and will be properly noticed. The Fund will never be in the “hands of the city”. I would hope that you would attend the meeting, as you have yet to attend any. “Why the silence; let us speak” I don’t understand this question.

No, but we anticipate that we will. You don’t become a member of the fund until the end of your first year. New hires start with a balance of 0

That would be illegal. If you knew how the fund was governed you would know that. The grammar in your question is difficult to decipher. I think what you are saying is that board members could be liable for “high risk” investments. All board members are fiduciaries and would be liable for illegal actions. None of the money managers engage in “high risk” investments and we adhere to a strict investment policy. I encourage you to come by and read the policy. I think you would have a better understanding on how the money is managed. I knew who the Elephant man is but I had to wiki Arnold Horshack. If you want to insult my fellow board members please try to avoid 35 year old sitcoms. I can provide you with up to date insults if you need them. I won’t comment on the epic war between Israel and Japan having an effect on global markets but I will point out that the proper spelling of the work is “extinguishing”.

Again, that would be illegal. (see question #3) We pay attorneys to defend the fund from actions taken by those in Tallahassee (and elsewhere) that have a desire to impede the receipt of state contributions. They also serve in forfeiture hearings and the various other legal actions that we take throughout the year. The fund does not have a “reserve".

Thank you for saving my house and marriage Jeff. My dog just ran away, can you find him for me?
I “Sincerely” hope you get a spellchecker.

10-06-2010, 05:18 AM
LOL!!!!

Kerr you are funny!!

10-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Kerr you hold an executive lodge position and you have failed to protect us from the executive board. You are as much to blame as the executive board itself. We have taken a huge step back and benefits cut that has taken us back to the early 80's

Whit the current executive board we have lost so far?

-Annual Medical Exam

-New Cars

-Holidays

-Step raises

-Education pay

-Uniforms

-1% fund

-9% pay

-Specialized unit pay

-We have to work more years adding stress to our lives, family and health

Take away my dignity, pride and add corrupt politicians giving their buddies cake jobs with sweet pay.

Are we ready for a change in the FOP?

10-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Training classes

and

Medical benefits

10-07-2010, 12:45 AM
wow, this place is going toward a state takeover quickly, 401k's, no one percent, retire at 50 yoa. city broke and will be worse off this year.

10-07-2010, 02:51 AM
Sgt. Rick Nazar
Shame! Shame! Shame! Filling an internal affairs complaint against another officer. You were the laughing stalk of internal affairs today. One who lives in a glass house and is throwing stones may get their glass broken in the very near future. The one who would manage his downtown parking lots and collected money well on duty. Is this the same individual that used to double dip working an off duty job at his wife’s bank in coconut grove? The same individual who is trying to end our one percent fund to pay for a Marlins parking garage? You should spend your time wisely and prepare for your class action law suit for misrepresenting our fund. You are a sissy to society. A coward who voted against every member who was forced to seperated from service, attemting to take away thier monies due. Your greed is heavy and your actions are weak. You should face Giordano like a man and not attempt to put a gag order in internal affairs on him for breaking the one percent code of silence. Justify your actions of mismanagement to our fund. A petition will soon overthrow you. Going to internal affairs on another officer, please tell me you are just practicing to be a ballerina for Halloween. You are a disgrace to the badge you wear sir. Your gig is up stand tall to your misrepresentation.

10-07-2010, 02:59 AM
Kerr you are dancing around issues. What time is the Meeting? Why are you hiding from its members. You say all new recruits start at 0 do they stay at 0 if no more contributions are made or do they start to drain our fund as the board will with 3 full time staff employees, an attorney,rent, fancy dinners and lunches. Do not dance around the questions we want facts. No more contributions means big trouble. The fund should be disbanded immediately Giordano is right on this one.

JAVI ORTIZ
10-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Jeff,

I completely support you if this is indeed you. It would be a shame that Officers would snitch over a silly leoaffairs post to internal affairs, especially when they are extremely busy on real issues. What ever happened to freedom of speech? I will be more than happy to represent you in internal affairs to exhonerate you from any frivolous allegations. For the record, Kerr is a great poker player and makes great cookies on cookie Wednesday.

10-07-2010, 02:31 PM
WHO CARES!

10-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Recall Kerr. Jeff gave him a bloody nose for donating money to the marlins

10-07-2010, 11:32 PM
Donating money to Marlins??? What doe sthat mean??

10-08-2010, 01:34 AM
The 1% has NOT invested in the Marlins, that's just Jeff talking out of his ass.

Did you go to the meeting today Jeffy? Do you have anything to report, or are you back on your meds?

10-08-2010, 01:17 PM
I think kerr and jeff should bet all the money in our 1% In the Next Miami heat game, not the marlins

10-08-2010, 02:34 PM
jeff should not blast the personal side out of ker...

10-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Guys Jeff has been here a long time, he knows how the banking community works!! He gave me a stock market tip last year and now I've Doubled my money!!! He can do the same for all of us. Just ask him he has plans on doubling the 1% fund!

10-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Brothers, I attended the emergency secret one percent meeting last Thursday 10/07/10. This meeting was UN announced because they do not want participation so they can continue with their tactics. The first thing the attorney said was we cannot talk about our recourse against the city because we have non- board members in attendance. They will probably have another silent meeting before next Wednesday’s regular scheduled meeting. I requested the minutes today however the board has not approved them, yet until next Wednesdays meeting. Once I receive them I will be posting them online to stop the silence. I will also be informing members at roll calls of the current situation not just during election month like current board members.
First of all after attending last week’s meeting I would like to thank God that Chief Miguel Exposito is an automatic board member. At least we can count on a knowledgeable individual who will look out for our best interest. Someone with pride and integrity. I would also like to apologize for any miss interpreted statements that were made against Rafael Tapanes. This individual is a true policeman who has done his time. The Elephant man statement some believed that he was being referred to as an ugly individual. I was referring to him as a man with a memory of an elephant. A term us Americans used prior to the horrific movie, He is a knowledgeable individual and deserves respect, As for the other two Saturday night live characters Richard Nazur was more worried about the Attorney putting his name on the lawsuit against the City, and that if he would have repercussions. He was in awh when Armando Aguilars name was mentioned to be a possible plaintiff in a law suit against the City. A disgrace and a complete coward as a board member. Daniel Kerr just sat in his chair looking like he was going through withdrawals and shaking. First I thought he was cold than I realized it was either a need for alcohol or gambling as he squeezed a quarter. No slot machines here Dan, hold on. Seminoles will be offering more, free room and board.
The meeting:
The Attorney mentioned they received verbal notification from the state that we do not qualify to receive funds due to the new changes in our pension system. He advised that this is a legal binding notice however he will request this in writing from the state.
He also advised that he will file a law suit against the City once the board gives him the go ahead. Only Attorneys are winners in this situation he claimed not giving any percentages of a possible victory.
My concern, we are not going to receive any more state contributions. Dissolve the fund at its highest point. Dissolve the full time employees, office rent and stop unnecessary attorney’s fees. The F.O.P is suing for the same cause. If they win the one percent wins and they can start the fund again. How quick our funds would diminish once unnecessary lawsuits are filed. Keep in mind rent attorneys fees new recruits once they are off probation will all be receiving contributions out of our fund that is now capped. The reality is this example: $100,000 later a judge tells the City they are in the wrong and they have to contribute $10,000,000 to our one percent fund yearly. State help we don’t have the money or Bankruptcy filed. Lawsuit and money wasted for nothing. Your money wasted for nothing. Oh yes we can put a lean on the Marlins parking garage to retrieve our funds.
Yes they listened to me in my previous statements. The attorney at the meeting stated that the board has a fiduciary responsibility to move the money into T bonds or very low risk investments and change their high risk investment strategies. This is where I am working diligently to protect our members. I will put the board on notice with a 30 day being a reasonable amount of time to transfer our funds into a low risk investment strategy. If any monies are lost after their notice from the state was received if this is not done in a reasonable amount end of the daunt of time they can be held liable. I have been in contact with Attorneys and the U.S Securities and Exchange Commission of our recourse should we lose funds after your next statement, due to unnecessary risk. I have been asked by several members how we can do a recall vote to change current board members due to their irresponsible behavior and lack of informing its members. Once I receive the appropriate information a petition will be circulated.
Thank you for your continued support email Giordanompd@bellsouth.net if you would like to be part of a possible class action law suit should our funds be lost due to failure to act responsible by the current elected board members. Cease your behavior at once my friends this fund is not yours to give to the City it is our fund. At the end of the day, circumstantial, direct or character evidence have nothing to do with the evidence at hand and when the person responsible for the actions see the deference between the two will have no other choice but to decide for the actual truth.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey S. Giordano

10-15-2010, 12:48 AM
Nazur IA has your appointment for Friday the 15th at 10:00 AM to make another complaint

10-20-2010, 05:30 AM
Recall Kerr. Jeff gave him a bloody nose for donating money to the marlins

Your a retard aren't ya ?

10-20-2010, 05:52 AM
Becareful what you wish for.....Tomasito and Chief Hippo....the true meaning of the right leadership...they brought us change for sure lets see.

1. more crime, more shootings questionable if i am say

2. the secret police responsible for the false arrest

3. morale at the lowest and a department with snitches and double agents

4. the end of contract negotiations

5. best of all the end of the 1% fund, the multiplier and a competitive salary we enjoyed in the past

6. the future, misery, tyranny and a department completely divided among the few who benefited and the majority who was subject to lubrication with taxation....

7. yes we ask for change,,we got it....

8. if t$ and the previous chiefs were talking they will say....you ask for it...you got it toyota...

10-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Becareful what you wish for.....Tomasito and Chief Hippo....the true meaning of the right leadership...they brought us change for sure lets see.

1. more crime, more shootings questionable if i am say

2. the secret police responsible for the false arrest

3. morale at the lowest and a department with snitches and double agents

4. the end of contract negotiations

5. best of all the end of the 1% fund, the multiplier and a competitive salary we enjoyed in the past

6. the future, misery, tyranny and a department completely divided among the few who benefited and the majority who was subject to lubrication with taxation....

7. yes we ask for change,,we got it....

8. if t$ and the previous chiefs were talking they will say....you ask for it...you got it toyota...

You desrve all of this and more. Your FOP gave 50 thousand for the mayors election and then he gave it to you without mercy. Too bad so sad.

12-20-2010, 02:04 AM
WHATS UP WITH THE 1%

12-20-2010, 06:28 AM
any word if we going to get it back or thats out the window

12-20-2010, 03:05 PM
it's gone

12-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Cash it out

12-21-2010, 09:01 AM
I hope we get it back

12-26-2010, 01:27 PM
El Portal is taking over the City.
No, youre wrong. OpaLocka is taking over the City....

12-28-2010, 02:40 PM
gone forever