PDA

View Full Version : Probation Academy and Eligibility

10-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Hello, I am currently a senior in college interested in a career as probation officer and wanted to know about the CPO Academy. How long is it? where can I self sponsor? How difficult is it physically and academically? do i get exposure to chemical agents, firearms, etc. I would like to work for DOC after graduation if the agency is still hiring by then. Do they normally take students fresh out of college or is experience required to be considered a serious candidate?

10-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Hello, I am currently a senior in college interested in a career as probation officer and wanted to know about the CPO Academy. How long is it? where can I self sponsor? How difficult is it physically and academically? do i get exposure to chemical agents, firearms, etc. I would like to work for DOC after graduation if the agency is still hiring by then. Do they normally take students fresh out of college or is experience required to be considered a serious candidate?

Not sure if you can still self sponsor as their is only one class now I believe. So many people are applying now that most peoploe hired have already worked for another state agency but there have been a few new graduates hired. Its about 3 months if I remember correctly. Only a basic firearm course since its individual choice to be qualified or not.

10-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the info. do you know how many DOC normally hire per announcement 1? 10? Would DOC count internships as work experience or do you need prior sworn experience?

10-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the info. do you know how many DOC normally hire per announcement 1? 10? Would DOC count internships as work experience or do you need prior sworn experience?

You don't need prior sworn experience. An internship is better than nothing however. Not sure how many per announcement.

10-04-2010, 05:33 AM

You don't need prior sworn experience. An internship is better than nothing however. Not sure how many per announcement.

Thank You. Do you know how long the process takes from the initial application to the time you are hired as a CPO trainee?

10-05-2010, 09:26 PM
how long does it take to get to the top pay which is very low? also it is not mandatory to carry a firearm? if i would like to carry a gun what does DOC issue? I am also curious on what kind of vehicel are issued to you all and how often a new car is re-issued? how much do you all get for uniform allowance and can you provide me with DOC longivity pay scale and step pay please. thanks

10-05-2010, 10:34 PM
how long does it take to get to the top pay which is very low? also it is not mandatory to carry a firearm? if i would like to carry a gun what does DOC issue? I am also curious on what kind of vehicel are issued to you all and how often a new car is re-issued? how much do you all get for uniform allowance and can you provide me with DOC longivity pay scale and step pay please. thanks

:roll:

10-06-2010, 01:23 AM
You shouldn't take long the way you keep pulling on everyones chain. Go back to LEO channel ok and tell em how your tricking all these stupid CPOs.

10-08-2010, 01:17 AM
You shouldn't take long the way you keep pulling on everyones chain. Go back to LEO channel ok and tell em how your tricking all these stupid CPOs.

Why not just get a GED and become a street cop ?