PDA

View Full Version : Law Enforcement Oral Board (promotional process)

10-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Sarasota County Sheriff's Office
Memo

TO: All Sheriff's Office Personnel
DATE: October 1, 2010
SUBJECT: 2010 Promotional Board - Law Enforcement Sergeant

The following Board Members have been appointed to serve on this year's Law Enforcement Sergeant Promotional Board:

Law Enforcement Sergeant Oral Board

Major Kevin Kenney
Captain Ron Locke
Captain Richard Mottola
Captain Paul Richard
Captain Lynne Benck, Gainseville Police Department

The Oral Board and Practical Exercise for Law Enforcement Sergeant are scheduled for October 6, 2010.

The Sheriff's interviews for Law Enforcement Sergeant are scheduled for October 13, 2010.

TMK/ofr

10-02-2010, 02:55 PM
You signed your name as "scam," so you obviously think the SSO promotional process is a scam. Why?

10-02-2010, 03:13 PM
You signed your name as "scam," so you obviously think the SSO promotional process is a scam. Why?

Its not like its a big secret. Everybody knows it and everybody talks about it openly. The "process" makes it look legitimate to outsiders ---- and that's about it. Even our nekked king knows its a scam and thats why he put his clothes back on. :snicker:

I dare somebody to do a public records request for some information. :devil:

10-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Why can't the union do anything about it?

10-02-2010, 03:17 PM
The union has already made several requests and some changes were made to improve the promotional process, but the bigger requests that were made by the union have been denied. The union still continues to ask for changes to get rid of the promotional scam.

10-02-2010, 05:08 PM

https://www.gainesvillepd.org/index.php/gpd-bureaus/command-staff/captain-benck

https://www.gainesvillepd.org/images/stories/imagesSectionBureaus/Investigations/CaptBenck.jpg

10-02-2010, 06:00 PM
SSO oral boards are very objective. Also, a 15 minute oral board is more than enough time to objectively evaluate a 10 or 15 year career.

Please don't click on this smiley because it will expose the truth!!! :lol: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrNljsFWQOs)

10-02-2010, 06:39 PM
SSO oral boards are very objective. Also, a 15 minute oral board is more than enough time to objectively evaluate a 10 or 15 year career.

I totally agree. Asking 10 oral board questions in 15 minutes is extremely adequate to evaluate a 12 year street career in law enforcement.

Please don't click on this smiley because it will expose the truth!!! :lol: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrNljsFWQOs)

Doh!!!!!! I clicked on the freaking smiley!!!!

10-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Asking 10 oral board questions in 15 minutes is extremely adequate to evaluate a 12 year street career in law enforcement.

10 oral board questions are used to evaluate a 12 year career? 10??? :lol: Puh_leeze!!!! :roll: At least no politics are involved at your department. :snicker:

10-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Its not like its a big secret. Everybody knows it and everybody talks about it openly. The "process" makes it look legitimate to outsiders ---- and that's about it.
Our agency has become too big to be able to hide these kinds of secrets and too many people have been talking about it for the last few years, to include PBA union representatives, so its no longer a secret. For that reason, I'll talk about it, but I won't use names.

I've been on morally corrupt SSO oral boards before as an oral board member/evaluator where the oral board president said to all the evaluators:

"The sheriff (or chief or colonel or major, etc.) doesn't want candidate x. He wants candidate y."

So the "process" is immediately corrupted because all the evaluators feel obligated to score candidate x low (because the boss doesn't want him) and feel obligated to score candidate y high (because the boss wants him) ---- regardless of the performance of the oral board candidates. In the past, the oral board president collected our evaluations, so he knew if we did what we were told or if we disobeyed his request, so our political future was on the line.

In many cases, the oral board candidates are jumping through hoops for nothing because the candidates have already been pre-selected before the process has begun. The oral boards are corrupted and the process is corrupt.

The culture of corruption is tolerated (don't deny it) and probably can't be stopped, at least not with the way things are now.

10-02-2010, 10:46 PM
[quote="public records request":2xqw2i4m]Its not like its a big secret. Everybody knows it and everybody talks about it openly. The "process" makes it look legitimate to outsiders ---- and that's about it.
Our agency has become too big to be able to hide these kinds of secrets and too many people have been talking about it for the last few years, to include PBA union representatives, so its no longer a secret. For that reason, I'll talk about it, but I won't use names.

I've been on morally corrupt SSO oral boards before as an oral board member/evaluator where the oral board president said to all the evaluators:

"The sheriff (or chief or colonel or major, etc.) doesn't want candidate x. He wants candidate y."

So the "process" is immediately corrupted because all the evaluators feel obligated to score candidate x low (because the boss doesn't want him) and feel obligated to score candidate y high (because the boss wants him) ---- regardless of the performance of the oral board candidates. In the past, the oral board president collected our evaluations, so he knew if we did what we were told or if we disobeyed his request, so our political future was on the line.

In many cases, the oral board candidates are jumping through hoops for nothing because the candidates have already been pre-selected before the process has begun. The oral boards are corrupted and the process is corrupt.

The culture of corruption is tolerated (don't deny it) and probably can't be stopped, at least not with the way things are now.[/quote:2xqw2i4m]

That's a pretty strong indictment of a Sheriff who promised change in the agency and an end to the good old boy network! Although unlikely, I would hope that the oral evaluation system would be replaced by a more impartial way of selecting officers for promotion.

10-03-2010, 12:23 AM

The culture of corruption is tolerated (don't deny it) and probably can't be stopped, at least not with the way things are now.

The promotional "process" has a fatal flaw in it.

10-03-2010, 02:44 AM
Don't be jealous.....

10-03-2010, 12:41 PM
ANYONE CAN BE A SGT IF YOU WANT TO GO IN THAT DIRECTION. JUST LOOK AT THE LAST BUNCH 6 TO 8 YRS EXPERIENCE AS A COP. :mrgreen: :devil: :mrgreen: REALLY???

10-03-2010, 12:47 PM
[quote="public records request":19kqcm4d]Its not like its a big secret. Everybody knows it and everybody talks about it openly. The "process" makes it look legitimate to outsiders ---- and that's about it.

The culture of corruption is tolerated (don't deny it) and probably can't be stopped, at least not with the way things are now.[/quote:19kqcm4d]

If what you say is true then you have the power and duty to stop it. It is called the "Whistle Blowers Act" and is a federal law that protects you from retaliation by your employer. If you are also one of these people who has been on a board, as you say, then you are already in a position to have benefited from the same process you say exists and have probably been here long enough to retire and take the lump some settlement the "Whistle Blowers Act" will award you.

So if what you say is true then you owe it to everyone, including yourself, to do the right thing. If you don't do the right thing you are either a liar or just as corrupt as those you are accusing of being corrupt. So now your reputation is on the line and you have to make a choice of either perpetuating corruption, perpetuating a lie or making things right. Put on your big boy pants and do the right thing.

10-03-2010, 01:21 PM
If what you say is true then you have the power and duty to stop it. It is called the "Whistle Blowers Act" and is a federal law that protects you from retaliation by your employer. If you are also one of these people who has been on a board, as you say, then you are already in a position to have benefited from the same process you say exists and have probably been here long enough to retire and take the lump some settlement the "Whistle Blowers Act" will award you.

So if what you say is true then you owe it to everyone, including yourself, to do the right thing. If you don't do the right thing you are either a liar or just as corrupt as those you are accusing of being corrupt. So now your reputation is on the line and you have to make a choice of either perpetuating corruption, perpetuating a lie or making things right. Put on your big boy pants and do the right thing.

Its not that simple.

It's not a crime to manipulate an oral board in the direction you want it to go. It may be morally wrong, but it's not criminally wrong. To disclose the above facts would draw you into a pretty big civil suit that the newspapers would chew on for a long time. The courts too.

More than one person is party to these oral board manipulations. its not just for promotions, but its for almost all oral boards, but the promotional oral boards get the most attention because so many people take them (anywhere from 40 to 50 candidates each year). Thats a lot of people to pull the woo over. Its culturally accepted and expected to manipulate oral boards and has been so for many years. Its part of the departmental culture at the upper echelon. The indians suspect it, but they have no proof, other than their complaints that our oral boards are a circus and they don't understand the subjective results. Very subjective.

When the agency was small, it was easier to keep these kinds of secrets, but now that we're around at around a thousand employees, there are no secrets anymore, especially with anonymous electronic boards like this.

Tom Knight is well aware of these problems and he said he is going to bring in "all outsiders" to be used as oral board evaluators to get rid of the in-house politics and shenanigans. Tom said it in the following videotaped statement. Its about 75% or 80% towards the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuODzXDO8So

That's Tom Knights vision, straight from his own mouth. Just give him a chance. :cop:

10-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Tom Knight is well aware of these problems and he said he is going to bring in "all outsiders" to be used as oral board evaluators to get rid of the in-house politics and shenanigans. Tom said it in the following videotaped statement. Its about 75% or 80% towards the end:

That's Tom Knights vision, straight from his own mouth. Just give him a chance. :cop:

Thanks for sharing the video of Tom Knight's opinion. However, that video is from February of 2009. That's from over a year and a half ago. Did Tom Knight change his mind about using "outside assessors" to get rid of our corrupt promotional process? :roll:

Thank you for allowing us to hear Knight's words with out own ears. It's not just a "rumor" anymore. He actually said it.

10-03-2010, 06:28 PM

That was then and this is now. Tom made that statement after being in office for less than 60 days. After taking office, he was talked to by the brass (Steve Burns, Kurt Hoffman and others) and Tom did a u-turn and decided to keep the oral boards "as is." No changes. The koolaide is delicious. Which means the brass can continue to manipulate the "oral" boards. The oral board "process" has a fatal flaw because its manipulated and everybody knows it. Its no secret. But the "process" makes it legitimate for the courts, unless someone decides to spill the beans, which is unlikely because then their career is blackballed. Its our own internal dirty little secret, also known as a culture of corruption because its tolerated and no one will stand up against it for fear of getting blackballed and ending their career. Do you want to end your career?

Justice is blind (http://www.logiclaw.co.uk/justice.jpeg) but corruption isn't. Corruption knows exactly what its doing. :?

I liked the video (above), but Tom Knight already sipped on the koolaide and found that its deliciously sweet. I seriously doubt that positive promotional changes will come in our promotional "process."

BTW our promotional "process" is legally defendable in court, unless some jackarse decides to spill the beans about how it can be (or is) manipulated.

Where are the PBA union reps in all this?

10-03-2010, 06:51 PM
That was then and this is now. Tom made that statement after being in office for less than 60 days. After taking office, he was talked to by the brass (Steve Burns, Kurt Hoffman and others) and Tom did a u-turn and decided to keep the oral boards "as is." No changes. The koolaide is delicious. Which means the brass can continue to manipulate the "oral" boards. The oral board "process" has a fatal flaw because its manipulated and everybody knows it. Its no secret. But the "process" makes it legitimate for the courts, unless someone decides to spill the beans, which is unlikely because then their career is blackballed. Its our own internal dirty little secret, also known as a culture of corruption because its tolerated and no one will stand up against it for fear of getting blackballed and ending their career. Do you want to end your career?

Why do you think there is so much resistence to changing the process to something thats more fair? What's the big deal???

10-04-2010, 01:10 AM
Why do you think there is so much resistence to changing the process to something thats more fair? What's the big deal???
Because the brass doesn't trust the "process." For example, if they think an employee is a dimwit, then they will prevent him or her from getting promoted, regardless of how well they perform in the "process." So what good is the "process"? A captain told me that they like the system that they currently have because they can control it. The bad thing about having that kind of a system is that people eventually lose respect for it when they realize that it's a scam being manipulated by the brass. Hey, isn't "respect" allegedly one of the core values from Tom Knight?

Fairness

Integrity

Respect :roll:

Service

10-04-2010, 01:25 AM

Ahhhhhh let's not forget Tom Knight's "vision statement"!!!

"Our vision is a professional agency guided by our values and united with the community to make Sarasota County a safe place to live, work and visit."

10-04-2010, 01:57 AM

Thanks for sharing a link to the interview. I went there and listened to it. Starting at 6:18, Tom Knight said the following:

I (Tom Knight) would envision a promotional process that would have an academic test, followed up with a written examination (an in-box examination) along with oral board interviews by impartial individuals from different law enforcement agencies, not law enforcement agencies here in our community, not from Sarasota police or Venice police because these officers and deputies know each other. I would envision them coming from somewhere else in the state or whatever I can afford to bring here in tough budget times, but for me also to keep my finger out of it.

If individuals are performing their job duties, they have good performance appraisals, they do well academically, they do well on an in-basket assessment and they do well orally on an oral board and if a group of individuals (3 or 5 people) are evaluating them, do I trust the evaluations that these people are giving to me and we put them in a position to perform and hopefully they'll be successful. At the end of the day, I don't want to be responsible for not promoting somebody who feels that they should be or should be given an opportunity to perform, basically keep my fingers out of it.

10-04-2010, 11:12 AM
I (Tom Knight) would envision a promotional process that would have an academic test, followed up with a written examination (an in-box examination) along with oral board interviews by impartial individuals from different law enforcement agencies, not law enforcement agencies here in our community, not from Sarasota police or Venice police because these officers and deputies know each other. I would envision them coming from somewhere else in the state or whatever I can afford to bring here in tough budget times, but for me also to keep my finger out of it.

Uhhhhhhh looking at the oral board that's coming up, I'd say that we all know each other, with the exception of the 5th wheel:

Law Enforcement Sergeant Oral Board for October 13, 2010:
Major Kevin Kenney
Captain Ron Locke
Captain Richard Mottola
Captain Paul Richard

10-04-2010, 11:21 AM
[quote="culture of corruption":3pke5k4a][quote="public records request":3pke5k4a]Its not like its a big secret. Everybody knows it and everybody talks about it openly. The "process" makes it look legitimate to outsiders ---- and that's about it.

The culture of corruption is tolerated (don't deny it) and probably can't be stopped, at least not with the way things are now.[/quote:3pke5k4a]

That's a pretty strong indictment of a Sheriff who promised change in the agency and an end to the good old boy network! Although unlikely, I would hope that the oral evaluation system would be replaced by a more impartial way of selecting officers for promotion.[/quote:3pke5k4a]

It's not too late to make changes. I hope. :?

10-04-2010, 01:25 PM
It's not too late to make changes.

10-04-2010, 04:50 PM

Uhhhhhhh looking at the oral board that's coming up, I'd say that we all know each other, with the exception of the 5th wheel:

[quote:na0wya2k]Law Enforcement Sergeant Oral Board for October 13, 2010:
Major Kevin Kenney
Captain Ron Locke
Captain Richard Mottola
Captain Paul Richard
Captain Lynne Benck, Gainseville Police Department[/quote:na0wya2k]

10-06-2010, 05:26 PM
[quote="nuff said":3cekp3r1]Tom Knight is well aware of these problems and he said he is going to bring in "all outsiders" to be used as oral board evaluators to get rid of the in-house politics and shenanigans. Tom said it in the following videotaped statement. Its about 75% or 80% towards the end:

"Our vision is a professional agency guided by our values and united with the community to make Sarasota County a safe place to live, work and visit."[/quote:3cekp3r1]
Tom said it so it will happen. He said from the very beginning that it will just take a little bit of time to implement all of these changes. It can't happen overnight. You'll see. The promotional process will change for the better.

10-07-2010, 06:04 PM
[quote="make it so":29joo4zy][quote="nuff said":29joo4zy]Tom Knight is well aware of these problems and he said he is going to bring in "all outsiders" to be used as oral board evaluators to get rid of the in-house politics and shenanigans. Tom said it in the following videotaped statement. Its about 75% or 80% towards the end:

"Our vision is a professional agency guided by our values and united with the community to make Sarasota County a safe place to live, work and visit."[/quote:29joo4zy]
Tom said it so it will happen. He said from the very beginning that it will just take a little bit of time to implement all of these changes. It can't happen overnight. You'll see. The promotional process will change for the better.[/quote:29joo4zy]

The sergeants "oral" board is in less than two weeks. Exactly how long will it take Knight to fulfill his promise to get rid of the favoritism and politics and in-house breeding that we see in the process? I'm going to give Knight a chance to change things, but I want to see some action. Not just "promises and words", BUT ACTIONS AND CHANGES.

10-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Its not that simple.....

10-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Its not that simple.....
What do you mean? Can you explain?

10-08-2010, 01:20 PM

10-08-2010, 10:30 PM

Sure!!! Click on this smiley and it will explain the SSO promotional process: :lol: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrNljsFWQOs)

10-09-2010, 07:08 AM

Sure!!! Click on this smiley and it will explain the SSO promotional process: :lol: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrNljsFWQOs)

10-09-2010, 09:51 PM
No sence.

10-10-2010, 01:51 AM
No sence.

10-10-2010, 02:22 AM
No sence.

10-10-2010, 12:29 PM
No sence.
Yeaa thats what weve been saying for years. Our promotional process doesn't make any sense. :?

10-10-2010, 03:10 PM
[quote="Really ?":10x7b92w]No sence.
Yeaa thats what weve been saying for years. Our promotional process doesn't make any sense. :?[/quote:10x7b92w]

10-10-2010, 06:24 PM

https://www.gainesvillepd.org/images/stories/imagesSectionBureaus/Investigations/CaptBenck.jpg
The above person is a good selection for the "oral" board. Now all we need to do is get rid of the SSO insiders to prevent favoritisms and manipulations and the buddy system and who golfs with who and yadda yadda yadda:
Major Kevin Kenney
Captain Ron Locke
Captain Richard Mottola
Captain Paul Richard

This is what Tom Knight said on February 3, 2009:

I (Tom Knight) would envision a promotional process that would have an academic test, followed up with a written examination (an in-box examination) along with oral board interviews by impartial individuals from different law enforcement agencies, not law enforcement agencies here in our community, not from Sarasota police or Venice police because these officers and deputies know each other. I would envision them coming from somewhere else in the state or whatever I can afford to bring here.

Nothing has changed under Tom Knight so far.

10-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Last stop is the sheriffs interview. I agree that the oral board is smack.

10-11-2010, 12:54 AM

10-11-2010, 01:45 AM
The more paranoid staff is, the longer it takes to give us our oral board scores. They know its a scam because they've all been through it. That's how they got promoted. ;)

Maybe the scores will FINALLY be ready by Monday 10/11/10??? Ridiculous :roll:

I wish someone (from outside the agency) would do a public records request on this crap. :mrgreen:

10-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Coincidentaly, I'm sure you were no where on the list...

10-12-2010, 06:12 PM

10-13-2010, 12:34 AM
The system is too perfect it is not flawed at all. Well..except that it has no real way to measure a Deputy's performance throughout his or her career,other than P.M.P. and evaluations,which are a joke to begin with. The Staff members are just looking to fill a slot and not get sued (can you blame them?). Just quit crying and take time to memorize a book that you will never use again,practice taking the test,get little hints about what questions are on the oral board from other people,have your buddies tell you what the Sheriff asks in his interview,and wahlaa you are promoted. Then you have achieved greatness! Everyone will instantly respect you because you have earned it! You worked your 5 year career tail off! You are the da boss! You do not need to be a detective, nor any other position that would make you a better cop. You just need to study a book that we don't adhere to. You all know it is the truth.

If you want respect earn it the real way sucka!

10-13-2010, 01:22 AM
Even Tom Knight said he wanted to change our system!!! :lol:

10-13-2010, 01:25 AM
Even Tom Knight said he wanted to change our system!!! :lol:

Tom Knight SAID a lot of things!

10-14-2010, 01:59 AM

The above person is a good selection for the "oral" board. Now all we need to do is get rid of the SSO insiders to prevent favoritisms and manipulations and the buddy system and who golfs with who and yadda yadda yadda:
Major Kevin Kenney
Captain Ron Locke
Captain Richard Mottola
Captain Paul Richard

I (Tom Knight) would envision a promotional process that would have an academic test, followed up with a written examination (an in-box examination) along with oral board interviews by impartial individuals from different law enforcement agencies, not law enforcement agencies here in our community, not from Sarasota police or Venice police because these officers and deputies know each other. I would envision them coming from somewhere else in the state or whatever I can afford to bring here.

[youtube:w6eqltjq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuODzXDO8So[/youtube:w6eqltjq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuODzXDO8So
Nothing has changed under Tom Knight so far.

10-16-2010, 12:48 AM
Those in power today won't be in power tomorrow. Word to the wise to those surrounding Knight! Nothing last forever!

http://www.heraldtribune.com/assets/jpg/balkwill01.jpg

10-16-2010, 02:35 AM
Those in power today won't be in power tomorrow. Word to the wise to those surrounding Knight! Nothing last forever!

Great example Santa Anna......those two both retired at the end of a long career at the SSO. Which Knight will also.

10-16-2010, 02:41 AM

Great example Santa Anna......those two both retired at the end of a long career at the SSO. Which Knight will also.

Balkwill did too and Balkwill is living comfortably off his FRS FSA pension, courtesy of the taxpayers, so what's your point? :roll:

The sheriff of Sarasota County is untouchable. Even if a sheriff is indicted and arrested, he's still untouchable. Ask Sarasota Sheriff Hardcastle (retired). Sheriff Hardcastle was arrested and indicted, but he's still living comfortably off his FRS FLA pension. ;)

The office of Sarasota sheriff is untouchable.

10-17-2010, 12:32 PM
[quote]Captain Lynne Benck, Gainseville Police Department

Major Kevin Kenney
Captain Ron Locke
Captain Richard Mottola
Captain Paul Richard

[youtube:2qnsvxh6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuODzXDO8So[/youtube:2qnsvxh6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuODzXDO8So
Nothing has changed under Tom Knight so far.[/quote:2qnsvxh6]
I went to the video and listened to it and you're right: Knight said he wants to change the promotional process to make it more "fair". Why would any staff members be opposed to changing the current process???? Why Why Why????

10-18-2010, 01:30 AM
[youtube:1cu4wxds]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuODzXDO8So[/youtube:1cu4wxds]

I went to the video and listened to it and you're right: Knight said he wants to change the promotional process to make it more "fair".

Why would any staff members be opposed to changing the current process???? Why Why Why????
That's a very very good question! Why are some (not all) staff members against creating a totally independent "oral" board for promotional purposes?

Promotion-We proposed a procedure that we believe will reduce the possibility of favoritism during different phases of the process.
The PBA union IS requesting that these changes be made. It is up to staff to agree to remove the favoritism from the "oral" board process, just as the sheriff suggested in his video.

SSO Staff: Man up and listen to Tom Knight's suggestion. :cop:

10-19-2010, 11:30 PM
At SSO promotions etc were always based who was the best liked and most popular with brass (kinda like now). When I first came into law enforcement, no one wanted to go to SSO because of the lack of job protection (until Geoff Monge brought it in after his house cleaning).

10-21-2010, 10:56 AM
KNIGHT DURING THE CAMPAIGN

I envision a promotional process thats fair and equitable for all the deputies. bringing in law enforcement staff from outside the area, not from here locally cause they all know each other. I'd like to keep my fingers out of it!

Guess the sheriff has proven he can lie like the rest of the politicians! The Golden Days of the SWAT BOYS still exist!

LIES, LIES and MORE LIES :roll:

10-21-2010, 11:22 AM
KNIGHT DURING THE CAMPAIGN

I envision a promotional process thats fair and equitable for all the deputies. bringing in law enforcement staff from outside the area, not from here locally because they all know each other. I'd like to keep my fingers out of it!

Guess the sheriff has proven he can lie like the rest of the politicians! The Golden Days of the SWAT BOYS still exist!

LIES, LIES and MORE LIES :roll:

They key is "because they all know each other." That's where the politics comes into play:
- who drinks with who
- who golfs with who
- who is buddies with who
- SWAT team connections
- etc etc etc

Knight recognizes this and it came out of his own mouth. However, since tasting the sweeeeet sugary delicious koolaide that was prepared by staff, nothing has changed.

10-21-2010, 06:52 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:YF5GmD2gcBNqdM:http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/PrestohcysP/KoolAidMan_Fullpic_2.gif&t=1

Sweet, sugary, delicious & poisonous!!!

10-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Knight recognizes this and it came out of his own mouth. However, since tasting the sweeeeet sugary delicious koolaide that was prepared by staff, nothing has changed.

that is funny, but so true! worse part is i voted for him! not in 2 years!

10-21-2010, 10:29 PM
We need more supervisors like we need a hole in the head. No promotions for 3 years until we get rid of some dead weight

11-05-2010, 11:37 AM

Its not like its a big secret. Everybody knows it and everybody talks about it openly. The "process" makes it look legitimate to outsiders ---- and that's about it. Even our nekked king knows its a scam and thats why he put his clothes back on. :snicker:

I dare somebody to do a public records request for some information. :devil:

When captains (or above) admit in private that the scores are fixed BEFORE the candidates go into the "oral" board, then something is definitely wrong with the promotional process/scam.

Nobody should know what the written test scores are until AFTER the candidates come out of the "oral" board. Then all the scores can be added up.

Can you imagine if the administration didn't know what the written test scores were before they administered the "oral" board? It would be harder to "fix" the "oral" board scores. :wink:

The union is on the right track.

11-05-2010, 11:49 AM
When captains (or above) admit in private that the scores are fixed BEFORE the candidates go into the "oral" board, then something is definitely wrong with the promotional process/scam.

Nobody should know what the written test scores are until AFTER the candidates come out of the "oral" board. Then all the scores can be added up.

Can you imagine if the administration didn't know what the written test scores were before they administered the "oral" board? It would be harder to "fix" the "oral" board scores. :wink:

The union is on the right track.

The only thing the administration and Barbara Brief and Steve Burns need to know are who the top 15 candidates are from the written test. They don't need to know the individual written scores until after the entire process is completed. Let Dr. Christopher R. Capsambelis (http://www.ut.edu/detail.aspx?bio=1&id=4292) handle the scoring. Pay the professor his fee. Steve Burns is a straight up guy and I'm sure that he'll agree.

This isn't going away. Every year it gets unwanted attention. Every year the union asks questions and makes proposals. This is a legitimate gripe.

11-06-2010, 12:35 AM
This isn't going away. Every year it gets unwanted attention. Every year the union asks questions and makes proposals. This is a legitimate gripe.Do you really think the administration cares??? :roll:

11-07-2010, 09:11 PM
http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx140/noved2528/jon_picking_his_nose.jpg

11-11-2010, 01:15 PM
This isn't going away. Every year it gets unwanted attention. Every year the union asks questions and makes proposals. This is a legitimate gripe.Do you really think the administration cares??? :roll:

I know that Tom Knight said that he was going to remove the in-house politics from the oral board process by requiring the oral board evaluators to be from outside agencies, but...

That is a low priority on Tom Knight's list. In fact, it's probably not a priority at all because certain staff members don't want outsiders doing the oral board evaluations because it would remove the control of our administration from promoting who they want during the performance of the candidates aka manipulation of the process.

It's interesting that Tom Knight was captured on film saying that he wanted to remove our administrators from the oral board process, but he still hasn't. That freaking film is even in this thread, so it's not like SSO employees are lying about this!!!! :lol:

Tom Knight told you exactly what you wanted to hear.

http://icfsteel.com/images/koolaid1.JPG

How does it taste?

11-13-2010, 10:49 PM
It could not br Mercurio because he scored so high on the Sgts ,NOT he has sold his sole to the devil and will give them any result tha t they request, The whole bunch in IA are lazy ass kissers that can not get promoted the traditional way. LOOSERS

It's not what you know, but WHO you know that gets your promoted at the SSO. Our IA "supervisors" never passed a supervisors exam and our "oral" promotional board is a sham. And EVERYBODY on our department knows it!!! :snicker:

11-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if somebody from the outside did a public records request on this stuff???? 8)

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :lol:

11-16-2010, 12:09 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if somebody from the outside did a public records request on this stuff???? 8)

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :lol:

Here is the point-of-contact for all public records requests at the Sarasota Sheriff Department:

Faye Egan
fegan@scgov.net
861-4149

If you want to browse through an oral board members personnel jacket (captain, major, Steve Burns, Kurt Hoffman, etc), here is the point-of-contact at the Sarasota Sheriff Department:

Barbara Brief
bbrief@scgov.net
861-4155

If you ask to browse through a staff members personnel jacket, make sure you ask to review "all available records on this person, to include IA records" because if you don't ask, they will only give you the fluffy stuff.