PDA

View Full Version : Patrol

09-26-2010, 05:47 PM
This post was deleted at the request of the original author.

09-26-2010, 09:08 PM
hey bud, i talked to you this morning on the phone. just wanted to say me and your fellow shift mates no you are an awsome cop and we would fight through every ring of hell to be by your side. keep up the good work. LOVE YA BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09-26-2010, 09:31 PM
you know I'll run calls with you brother and I dont even work the same friggin shift! :devil:

09-27-2010, 12:23 AM
This post was deleted at the request of the original author.

09-27-2010, 03:23 AM
Hey "original poster"...remember this one thing...NEVER, I MEAN NEVER LET THIS JOB DEFINE WHO YOU ARE!!!" Don't do the job for your shiftmates....don't do it for your supervisors...don't do it for your administration and don't do it for your Chief...do it because YOU ARE A POLICE OFFICER!! You have nothing to prove to anyone, ONLY YOURSELF!! At the end of the day, your the one that has to look at yourself in the mirror and ask, "did I do my job as the public expected". Seems in our department, we have forgotten that...and sadly, i''m just as guilty...but that's something i've come to admit and I will make sure to correct!! We have forgotten we don't WORK for Chief Wade...though he leads our department, we work alongside him, as a so called team!!! WE WORK FOR THE TAX PAYERS!! PERIOD!! Seems Chief Wade has forgotten that very thing!! Look at it this way as I have recently, it's just a job...your not under any contract nor do you owe anyone anything or any explaination. You've been here long enough to where you've paid your dues!! If the administration can't see the true value in it's officers, GO SOMEWHERE WHERE THEY DO!!! It's a big world out there!! Then, when the city has lost it's good officers such as yourself, the city will suffer and the only one to blame at that point is the man leading the team. I love this place as much as you but, i'm thinking it may just be about time to cash in my chips and take what's left of my hard earned winnings elsewhere where i'm appreciated! Remember this, "the grass may not always be greener on the other side, BUT, there are places where it's well fertilized and well maintained!" I'd go to battle along side you anytime brother in blue!! :cop:

I do wonder though....who in the city DID get the BIG BONUS??? Sure wasn't me!!! :evil:

09-28-2010, 06:51 AM
True blue brother, i just read your reply and frankly im kinda confussed. You said he has been at the department long enough to have paid his dues and that he should only work for himself and no one else. then you said you woud go to battle with him any time but then tell him "GO SOMEWHERE ELSE". maybe im just misunderstanding what your meaning is. if you would please clarify that for me so i can determine weather i like you or not! :lol: also, i understand we dont work for the chief but we also do not work for the tax payers. we work at the mercy of the city manager "the one who has the power to hire and fire", and god help you if the chief goes to the city manager and proposed you be terminated. remember we all have families and toys that we must pay for. yes we work for ourselves "because we love this job" but we also work for our shiftmates because out there in the dark streets, we have no one else.

just remember we love ya original poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! :cop:

09-28-2010, 06:56 AM
sorry, true blue brother, i must apolagize, after reading your post several more times i understand what you were saying and realize you wasnt being mean :lol: i apolagize again. good day sir

09-28-2010, 01:20 PM
True blue brother, i just read your reply and frankly im kinda confussed. You said he has been at the department long enough to have paid his dues and that he should only work for himself and no one else. then you said you woud go to battle with him any time but then tell him "GO SOMEWHERE ELSE". maybe im just misunderstanding what your meaning is. if you would please clarify that for me so i can determine weather i like you or not! :lol: also, i understand we dont work for the chief but we also do not work for the tax payers. we work at the mercy of the city manager "the one who has the power to hire and fire", and god help you if the chief goes to the city manager and proposed you be terminated. remember we all have families and toys that we must pay for. yes we work for ourselves "because we love this job" but we also work for our shiftmates because out there in the dark streets, we have no one else.

just remember we love ya original poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! :cop:

What I meant, when I said he doesn't owe them anything and he's paid his dues is, seeing as we truly don't know who this officer is though we can all draw conclusions, If he's someone the department sent to the academy, he shouldnt feel obligated to stay working there, he owes them nothing...he's been there long enough...make sense? And this is why I said, to go somewhere else..as much as I would love to have a long, successful career working along side him or anyone else that is true to the job and themselves, i'd say if you have an opportunity to go somewhere else where the administration truly values it's employees. GO!
As for working for himself..i don't see where the confusion was in my statement. I never said that he shouldnt be a team player...BUT, with the current environment we work in, push come to shove, not one officer will risk his neck for another officer, and I dont mean take a bullet, crap like that...I mean..internally...I don't know who you are...But, If you sit here and say you'd go to Blaine and speak up for another officer if that officer in question was one of his "targets"...your not being honest. No one, I mean no one in this department would risk their standing with the current administration to support another officer. Tell me i'm wrong. If i'm wrong, man, could you imagine the turnover rate???..lol They would have to have a pool of applicants as deep as the Atlantic ocean!..lol

As for who we work for...Yes! We do work for the taxpayers...who do you think pays our salaries??? Even Broughton gets his exuberant paycheck from taxpayer monies! Unfortunately, he was hired and given the powers to do the job the citizens of Bristol expect him to do. But unfortunately, the citizens don't monitor his actions like he and Blaine monitor ours!

But I never inferred that the officers should not cover their partners backs on the streets...the selfishness statement made pertains to the officers individual career....Hope I clarified my meaning to you...but i'm sure he, who my original reply went to understands what I meant.....And no, I didnt take offense to your questioning me...:)

09-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Just read your post where you said you understood now...:)...look, bottom line is...those that want a great place to work need to come together, power in numbers......don't think we don't have the power to make things better...we do!..you'd be amazed as to how many people in Bristol appriciate us! Just have to get out there and make contacts....Ask anyone who knows about leadership...there's two ways to gain respect, through positive actions and through fear...Blaine knows the later. He and the administration continually create an environment were there's dissention in the ranks...as long as we keep fighting amongst ourselves, he knows he's safe. BUT, once we all finally stop bickering and backstabbing each other and start truly drawing the "blue line" in the sand, then he'll start to worry..The many control the few...he knows this..any great leader knows this...but those great leaders were dictators..look throughout history..look at any leader who's failed...it's due to his followers not supporting him...Stalin, Hitler, Saddam Hussein...lol...All of these so called "great leaders" failed...for one reason and one reason only...they did not have the support of there constituents...their people! the only way this change can take place is by one officer to say to himself, no matter how I feel about my fellow officer, I need to let him know I appreciate him and that we need to join forces, set all the other nonsense aside...That's where a union greatly helps! Now, i'm not turning this into a push for unionization discussion!!...but, if you look at Kingsport, what little union they have....WORKS!! And no, they all don't get along!! But, there's that one common denominator..the union they joined and are members of...think about it. We can become one without a "union"..and the results would be the same! A happier, safer, positive place to work!!

09-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Well i sure hope that HR413 clears the final hurdle, a good and effective union representation is what we need here. When you promote the shift fluck up to Sgt. You cannot expect much. Rob dodged calls and remained lazy when he was a patrolman. Why would we expect any more from him as a Sgt? He is not a leader and never will be. If you wanna see a leader, go look at Smalling, or W. Brown.

I'll keep everyone updated on the bills progress.

09-29-2010, 11:49 AM
This posting was deleted at the request of the original author.

09-29-2010, 12:15 PM
op, dont apoligize for anything you said.you know going up the chain on this issue dont work, we have tried that and everything gets swept under the rug with sgt. thats how the chain works. if you climb it and it fails, you go higher. no one ment to make things difficult for you, they just felt something needed to be done. i just hope someone will step up for me in my time of need. one of the other posters said your shiftmates would fight through the rings of hell for you and they were not kidding. "yes, the chain of command is included in one of those rings" :devil: i understand you admire him in some way or another but you have done more that enough to earn his respect. you might be the only officer i know who does admire and respect him and none of us can say anything bad in that. you have the tollerance of a saint brother....... and it dosnt matter what he thinks of you because everyone else knows your squared and 10-8

wow prohr, i think i heard those same comments in person not long ago................... :lol:

oh yeah, true blue, i didnt mean to offend if i did on my earlier post. i personaly think we all need to put our purses down and band together. i heard a great song today by muse "uprising" i think is the name. "they will not force us, they will stop degrading us, they will not control us,,,,, we will be vicorious" awsome.

09-29-2010, 12:18 PM
billy the exterminator could get rid of our infestation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

09-29-2010, 12:37 PM
O.P., I do miss working with you and would do anything in the world I could to help you. Being a proactive officer in this department will not get you anywhere. Perhaps a few of us realized that quicker than others, and that is why stats are down. Not because of "fatigue". The evaluation system here is horribly flawed. It is obvious that Rob does nto like you or he would not pick on you. So lets let him evaluate your work performance. We need step raises like every other department in the nation.

Guest-- You are 100% right about the chain of command not working. Shit gets swept under the rug with some people. I have personally advised 344 and 360 of shit that robs done and nothing gets done about it. It is better now that he's moved to Bristol at least hes not responding to calls from chinqapin.

10-01-2010, 06:47 AM
So this Officer deleted his posts after being afraid of getting in trouble for voicing his opinion on why he was frustrated with one of his supervisors.

There is something really wrong when a guy can't even vent without fear of reprisal. If it is who I think it is he has been trying too hard to keep everyone happy. Its not your job to do that. He writes about this Sgt who gives him holy hell which we all knew long before he posted a message about it and he still writes that he likes and admires the guy in the same post. You have to stand up for yourself or your going to get stamped on both in the Patrol Offices and out on the street. I have heard that this Officer (if he is who i think he is) has went from being one of the most aggressive and proactive officers to a meek shadow of himself. Reach down grab your berries and do what you need to do to and do what makes you happy. If that was writing lots of tickets, arresting drunks, and making arrests I don't see how anyone could be down on you for that. Those things make your Sgt. and Lt. look good as well as yourself. Maybe moving to another shift would be good for you and probably would be good for the whole department. I would enjoy having you on my shift.

The guys on your shift obviously care about you and I think you have more friends on the other shifts and even in the admin offices than you might think. Don't let the whole evaluation thing and performance bonus get you down. Most of us know you work hard but if you want to get anywhere in this line of work you need to quit worrying about what other people think about you if your doing what your supposed to be anyways. If the Chief or the Captain didn't think you were doing at least an acceptable job you would be gone by now.

10-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Old Blue, they called him into the principals office over it.

10-01-2010, 03:35 PM
If I can place another point of view on your the ending statement about how if they didnt like you, they would of been rid of you already....thats not entirely correct...From an administrative standpoint, they wont let themselves be short on manpower...but when they know they have the ability to replace...trust me, they will do so in quick fashion. So, the officer in question should be wary and watch his back and follow his gut instinct for that will never let him down. Do what's best for yourself and no one else. It's your life!

10-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Uhoh....wonder if he's going to be placed into detention...or maybe have his playgound time taken away...:)

03-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Well i sure hope that HR413 clears the final hurdle, a good and effective union representation is what we need here. When you promote the shift fluck up to Sgt. You cannot expect much. Rob dodged calls and remained lazy when he was a patrolman. Why would we expect any more from him as a Sgt? He is not a leader and never will be. If you wanna see a leader, go look at Smalling, or W. Brown.

I'll keep everyone updated on the bills progress.

See the date when this posting was made...KARMA!!!