PDA

View Full Version : Officer arrested on domestic battery charges

09-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Fort Myers Police arrested one if its own Thursday.

Joseph Martinez, 38, an officer with the agency, was arrested and charged with domestic battery by strangulation and domestic violence battery.

Martinez is a seven year veteran of the department.

He is accused of assaulting his former girlfriend during an argument on Wednesday.

“This is not the conduct that we would expect from one of our officers. State statute and department policy requires due process and Officer Martinez has been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of a criminal investigation and an internal affairs investigation by our Professional Standards Bureau,” said Chief Doug Baker.

Martinez was arrested at police headquarters and then transported to the Lee County Jail. As with any other criminal investigation, the case has been forwarded to the State Attorney’s Office.

09-24-2010, 01:34 PM
No worries Joe! Pete was 10-15 and FMPD retained him. Hell, you might even get a promotion out of it!

09-24-2010, 02:57 PM
False allegations and self inflicted wounds. If you were a real detective you would figured that out already Newhouse. You'll get your promotion by slamming Joe. But the administration left out the part about you having to blow the Chief in his office while you wear a French Maids outfit.

09-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Mims23 wrote:

Most of you have said things that are partly true about law enforcement and the excessive use of power. I am not a fan of police for the same reason, but YOU GUYS ARE WRONG ABOUT THIS GUY. The woman that accussed him is a psycho. I know them both personally and she is very conflictive, confrontational and abusive. I was personally invloved with this officer and she would not leave us alone. She threatened him with messing up his career multiple times and I am a witness. She broke into both of our cars multiple times while he slept with me at home and she tried to obtain a teaching job at the preschool where my son went and who knows what she would have done to him. Luckily, I caught it with plenty of time, notifified the school and they turned her down for the job. People really need to look at each individual situation to judge. She loved to engage in physicial altercations with him and she is crazy. I will do what I can to expose her because I know who she is.

9/24/2010 9:58:52 AM

09-24-2010, 09:35 PM
The Chief spoke of due process under the law. Does due process mean a decision regarding the officers job will be made after the departmental internal investigation or after the matter has gone to court? Will the department take a zero tolerance stand on the issue or will the department look at the discipline that was handed down in the past.

09-24-2010, 09:43 PM
“This is not the conduct that we would expect from one of our officers. State statute and department policy requires due process and Officer Martinez has been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of a criminal investigation and an internal affairs investigation by our Professional Standards Bureau,” said Chief Doug Baker.

Does this bring back old memories Douggie boy.... :devil:

09-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Mims23 wrote:

Most of you have said things that are partly true about law enforcement and the excessive use of power. I am not a fan of police for the same reason, but YOU GUYS ARE WRONG ABOUT THIS GUY. The woman that accussed him is a psycho. I know them both personally and she is very conflictive, confrontational and abusive. I was personally invloved with this officer and she would not leave us alone. She threatened him with messing up his career multiple times and I am a witness. She broke into both of our cars multiple times while he slept with me at home and she tried to obtain a teaching job at the preschool where my son went and who knows what she would have done to him. Luckily, I caught it with plenty of time, notifified the school and they turned her down for the job. People really need to look at each individual situation to judge. She loved to engage in physicial altercations with him and she is crazy. I will do what I can to expose her because I know who she is.

Joe, you know how to pick them!! This was truly a given, having different chicks every other day will catch up with you eventually. I wonder what the next gal will do. What goes around comes around!!

09-25-2010, 02:27 AM
Joe was told years ago taht PU@%Y would get him and his job some day. He choose not to listen then or now. I hope if he makes it out of this one he listen then. Come on Joe pull your head out of your A$$.. Women will get you, find one and stick with her for god sakes. You have a bad track record with them physco after physco.

09-25-2010, 03:14 AM
Stick with one girl, now that's too funny!! He needs intervention with a sex addiction shrink! The shrink will diagnose him with Tigerwood’s syndrome! :mrgreen:

09-25-2010, 06:45 PM
vote2012 wrote:

What is also more shocking is Chief of police Doug Baker has also been accused in the Lee County court of domestic violence by his ex-wife. The news press has reported on court documents that say Chief Baker beat her so severely it caused her to have a miscarriage. This has also been reported on by Florida Weekly newspaper. The court documents are available at the county court’s website. While his ex-wife later told the news press it was not true the court documents detailing a different tale. So now a person who was accused in court documents of domestic violence and settled the case without dispute the allegation in that case is now going to be sitting in judgment of another man accused of domestic violence

09-26-2010, 04:22 AM
"This is not the conduct that we would expect from our Chief." :oops:

09-26-2010, 04:35 AM
Mims23 wrote:

Sweetheart you better go have yourself check out for STD, he slept with about 100 females this year alone. Just sayin...... :shock:

11-26-2010, 08:26 AM
go to bed with dog wake up with disease.

11-26-2010, 12:04 PM
go to bed with dog wake up with disease.

Was that on your fortune cookie?

03-15-2011, 11:48 PM
Sweetheart you better go have yourself check out for STD, he slept with about 100 females this year alone. Just sayin......

Go to bed with dog wake up with disease

Comments from two hoes that oviouisly must know me from experience.. But, that’s funny tho, cuz I don’t remember sleeping with either one of you *****es before. With friends like these who needs enemies..

Joe

07-23-2011, 06:36 AM
PSB rules mother f$$ckersssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssss